Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lhcgr
Description: luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor
Alias: Gpcr19-rs1, LH-R, Lhr, lutropin-choriogonadotropic hormone receptor, LH/CG-R, LSH-R, luteinizing hormone receptor
- Gudermann T, Birnbaumer M, Birnbaumer L. Evidence for dual coupling of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor to adenylyl cyclase and phosphoinositide breakdown and Ca2+ mobilization. Studies with the cloned murine luteinizing hormone receptor expressed in L cells. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4479-88 pubmedThe murine receptor for luteinizing hormone (LHR) was cloned and expressed in L cells...
- Gridelet V, Tsampalas M, Berndt S, Hagelstein M, Charlet Renard C, Conrath V, et al. Evidence for cross-talk between the LH receptor and LH during implantation in mice. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2013;25:511-22 pubmed publisher..a mouse model was used to study the dialogue between luteinising hormone (LH) and luteinising hormone receptor (LHCGR)...
- Mori Sequeiros García M, Gomez N, Gorostizaga A, Acquier A, Gonzalez Calvar S, Mendez C, et al. MAP kinase phosphatase-3 (MKP-3) is transcriptionally and post-translationally up-regulated by hCG and modulates cAMP-induced p21 expression in MA-10 Leydig cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;371:174-81 pubmed publisher..Here we analyzed MKP-3 expression in MA-10 Leydig cells and demonstrated that LH receptor (LHR) activation with human gonadotropin hormone (hCG) and an analog of its second messenger, 8Br-cAMP, up-regulates MKP-..
- Parkash J, Lei Z, Rao C. The Presence of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin/Luteinizing Hormone Receptors in Pancreatic Î²-Cells. Reprod Sci. 2015;22:1000-7 pubmed publisher..These findings place hCG and LH among the regulators of insulin release with potential implications for insulin-level changes during the periods of altered hCG and LH secretion. ..
- Kokk K, Kuuslahti M, Keisala T, Purmonen S, Kaipia A, Tammela T, et al. Expression of luteinizing hormone receptors in the mouse penis. J Androl. 2011;32:49-54 pubmed publisher..4 and 78 kd. Quantitative RT-PCRs confirmed the expression of LH receptor in the penis. Our results show that LH receptor is expressed in the body of the mouse penis; thus, it may directly regulate functions of penile tissue. ..
- Oliver G, Wehr R, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Cheyette B, Hartenstein V, et al. Homeobox genes and connective tissue patterning. Development. 1995;121:693-705 pubmed..Six 1 and Six 2 also are expressed in skeletal and smooth muscle, respectively. These genes may participate in the patterning of the distal tendons of the limb phalanges by setting positional values along the limb axes. ..
- Pandey R, Tokuzawa Y, Yang Z, Hayashi E, Ichisaka T, Kajita S, et al. Tudor domain containing 12 (TDRD12) is essential for secondary PIWI interacting RNA biogenesis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16492-7 pubmed publisher..Cell-culture studies with the insect ortholog of TDRD12 suggest a role for the multidomain protein in mediating complex formation with other participants during secondary piRNA biogenesis. ..
- Urano A, Endoh M, Wada T, Morikawa Y, Itoh M, Kataoka Y, et al. Infertility with defective spermiogenesis in mice lacking AF5q31, the target of chromosomal translocation in human infant leukemia. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6834-45 pubmed..These results may have clinical implications in the understanding of human male infertility. ..
- Griffin D, Ellis P, Dunmore B, Bauer J, Abel M, Affara N. Transcriptional profiling of luteinizing hormone receptor-deficient mice before and after testosterone treatment provides insight into the hormonal control of postnatal testicular development and Leydig cell differentiation. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:1139-50 pubmed publisher..LH signaling affects the timing of the switch but is not a strict requirement for Leydig cell differentiation. ..
- Govaerts C, Lefort A, Costagliola S, Wodak S, Ballesteros J, Van Sande J, et al. A conserved Asn in transmembrane helix 7 is an on/off switch in the activation of the thyrotropin receptor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22991-9 pubmed..In the TSHr, the conformation of this Asn residue of TM7 would be constrained, in the inactive state, by its Asp partner in TM6. ..
- Allan C, Garcia A, Spaliviero J, Zhang F, Jimenez M, Huhtaniemi I, et al. Complete Sertoli cell proliferation induced by follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) independently of luteinizing hormone activity: evidence from genetic models of isolated FSH action. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1587-93 pubmed..FSH or ligand-independent activated tg FSH receptor (FSHR(+)) expression, and the third model used LH receptor (LHR)-deficient mice to isolate and examine endogenous mouse FSH effects...
- Shiraishi K, Ascoli M. A co-culture system reveals the involvement of intercellular pathways as mediators of the lutropin receptor (LHR)-stimulated ERK1/2 phosphorylation in Leydig cells. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:25-37 pubmedCo-cultures of lutropin receptor (LHR) positive and negative Leydig cells were used to test the hypothesis that the LHR provokes phosphorylation of the extracellular regulated kinases (ERK1/2) using intracellular and intercellular ..
- Pakarainen T, Zhang F, MAKELA S, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I. Testosterone replacement therapy induces spermatogenesis and partially restores fertility in luteinizing hormone receptor knockout mice. Endocrinology. 2005;146:596-606 pubmed..Full fertility may require higher and/or earlier postnatal T exposure or production of other Leydig cell factors lacking in this model. ..
- Hirst R, Abel M, Wilkins V, Simpson C, Knight P, Zhang F, et al. Influence of mutations affecting gonadotropin production or responsiveness on expression of inhibin subunit mRNA and protein in the mouse ovary. Reproduction. 2004;128:43-52 pubmed..The high percentage of antral granulosa cells is likely to account for the significantly higher levels of inhibin B production in these ovaries. ..
- Kallio M, Chang Y, Manuel M, Alastalo T, Rallu M, Gitton Y, et al. Brain abnormalities, defective meiotic chromosome synapsis and female subfertility in HSF2 null mice. EMBO J. 2002;21:2591-601 pubmed..Hsf2(-/-) females also display hormone response defects, that can be rescued by superovulation treatment, and exhibit abnormal rates of luteinizing hormone receptor mRNAs.
- Gomez N, Gorostizaga A, Mori Sequeiros Garcia M, Brion L, Acquier A, Gonzalez Calvar S, et al. MAPK phosphatase-2 (MKP-2) is induced by hCG and plays a role in the regulation of CYP11A1 expression in MA-10 Leydig cells. Endocrinology. 2013;154:1488-500 pubmed publisher..MKP-2 up-regulation might control ERK1/2 activity in a specific temporal frame to modulate the expression of a finite repertory of ERK-dependent genes. ..
- Lin J, Li X, Yuan F, Lin L, Cook C, Rao C, et al. Genetic ablation of luteinizing hormone receptor improves the amyloid pathology in a mouse model of Alzheimer disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2010;69:253-61 pubmed publisher..To assess the effect of LH receptor deficiency on Abeta accumulation, we generated a bigenic mouse model, APPsw(+)/Lhr(-/-), which expresses human amyloid precursor protein (APPsw) in the background of LH receptor (Lhr) knockout...
- O Shaughnessy P, McLelland D, McBride M. Regulation of luteinizing hormone-receptor and follicle-stimulating hormone-receptor messenger ribonucleic acid levels during development in the neonatal mouse ovary. Biol Reprod. 1997;57:602-8 pubmed..Further development of LH-receptor mRNA levels is gonadotropin-dependent although FSH-receptor mRNA levels continue to increase independently until early secondary follicles are present. ..
- Zhang L, Chen M, Wen Q, Li Y, Wang Y, Wang Y, et al. Reprogramming of Sertoli cells to fetal-like Leydig cells by Wt1 ablation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:4003-8 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides a novel concept for somatic cell fate determination in testis development that may also represent an etiology of male infertility in human patients. ..
- Rivero Muller A, Chou Y, Ji I, Lajic S, Hanyaloglu A, Jonas K, et al. Rescue of defective G protein-coupled receptor function in vivo by intermolecular cooperation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2319-24 pubmed publisher..Using the mouse luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) as a model GPCR, we demonstrate that transgenic mice coexpressing binding-deficient and signaling-..
- Shima Y, Matsuzaki S, Miyabayashi K, Otake H, Baba T, Kato S, et al. Fetal Leydig Cells Persist as an Androgen-Independent Subpopulation in the Postnatal Testis. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1581-93 pubmed publisher..These findings support the conclusion that FLCs persist as an androgen-independent Leydig subpopulation in the postnatal testis. ..
- Buaas F, Gardiner J, Clayton S, Val P, Swain A. In vivo evidence for the crucial role of SF1 in steroid-producing cells of the testis, ovary and adrenal gland. Development. 2012;139:4561-70 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to show the in vivo requirements of SF1 in steroidogenesis and provides novel data on the cellular consequences of the loss of this protein specifically within steroid-producing cells. ..
- Deb S, Bandiera S. Regulation of cytochrome P450 1B1 expression by luteinizing hormone in mouse MA-10 and rat R2C Leydig cells: role of protein kinase A. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:89-96 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results identify PRKA as the major signaling pathway involved in the LH-mediated regulation of testicular CYP1B1 expression in Leydig tumor cells. ..
- Zhang F, Poutanen M, Wilbertz J, Huhtaniemi I. Normal prenatal but arrested postnatal sexual development of luteinizing hormone receptor knockout (LuRKO) mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:172-83 pubmedTo study further the role of gonadotropins in reproductive functions, we generated mice with LH receptor (LHR) knockout (LuRKO) by inactivating, through homologous recombination, exon 11 on the LHR gene...
- Doyle K, Russell D, Sriraman V, Richards J. Coordinate transcription of the ADAMTS-1 gene by luteinizing hormone and progesterone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2463-78 pubmed..In summary, LH and PRA/B exert distinct but coordinate effects on transactivation of the ADAMTS-1 gene in granulosa cells in vivo and in vitro with PR acting as an inducible coregulator of the ADAMTS-1 gene. ..
- Laissue P. Aetiological coding sequence variants in non-syndromic premature ovarian failure: From genetic linkage analysis to next generation sequencing. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;411:243-57 pubmed publisher..Considerations have also been included regarding the polygenic nature of reproduction and POF, as well as future approaches for identifying novel aetiological genes based on next generation sequencing (NGS). ..
- O Shaughnessy P, Baker P, Sohnius U, Haavisto A, Charlton H, Huhtaniemi I. Fetal development of Leydig cell activity in the mouse is independent of pituitary gonadotroph function. Endocrinology. 1998;139:1141-6 pubmed
- Mizutani T, Shiraishi K, Welsh T, Ascoli M. Activation of the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor in MA-10 cells leads to the tyrosine phosphorylation of the focal adhesion kinase by a pathway that involves Src family kinases. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:619-30 pubmedWe show that activation of the endogenous or recombinant lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR) in mouse Leydig tumor cells (MA-10 cells) leads to the tyrosine phosphorylation of the focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and one of its ..
- Kaftanovskaya E, Lopez C, Ferguson L, Myhr C, Agoulnik A. Genetic ablation of androgen receptor signaling in fetal Leydig cell lineage affects Leydig cell functions in adult testis. FASEB J. 2015;29:2327-37 pubmed publisher..We propose that the antiandrogenic exposure during early development may similarly result in an increase of FLC in adult testis, leading to abnormal LC differentiation. ..
- Yarram S, Perry M, Christopher T, Westby K, Brown N, Lamminen T, et al. Luteinizing hormone receptor knockout (LuRKO) mice and transgenic human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)-overexpressing mice (hCG alphabeta+) have bone phenotypes. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3555-64 pubmed..Although gonadotropin levels are tightly linked to sex steroid titers, it appears that their effects on the skeleton are indirect. ..
- Ascoli M, Fanelli F, Segaloff D. The lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor, a 2002 perspective. Endocr Rev. 2002;23:141-74 pubmedReproduction cannot take place without the proper functioning of the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR)...
- Oliver G, Mailhos A, Wehr R, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Gruss P. Six3, a murine homologue of the sine oculis gene, demarcates the most anterior border of the developing neural plate and is expressed during eye development. Development. 1995;121:4045-55 pubmed..This region shares a homology with the distal region of mouse chromosome 17 where Six3 has been mapped. ..
- Pakarainen T, Zhang F, Nurmi L, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I. Knockout of luteinizing hormone receptor abolishes the effects of follicle-stimulating hormone on preovulatory maturation and ovulation of mouse graafian follicles. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2591-602 pubmed..LH receptors (LHRs) still persists after hypophysectomy, such studies cannot totally exclude the possibility that LHR activation is involved in the apparently pure FSH effects...
- Hamalainen T, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I. Age- and sex-specific promoter function of a 2-kilobase 5'-flanking sequence of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor gene in transgenic mice. Endocrinology. 1999;140:5322-9 pubmedA transgenic (TG) mouse model carrying a 2-kb murine LH receptor (LHR) promoter/beta-galactosidase (beta-GAL) fusion gene was created to study the regulatory function of the 5'-flanking region of the murine LHR gene...
- Mak G, Enwere E, Gregg C, Pakarainen T, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I, et al. Male pheromone-stimulated neurogenesis in the adult female brain: possible role in mating behavior. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:1003-11 pubmed..These results suggest that male pheromones are involved in regulating neurogenesis in both the olfactory bulb and hippocampus, which may be important for female reproductive success. ..
- Yuan F, Li X, Lin J, Schwabe C, Bullesbach E, Rao C, et al. The role of RXFP2 in mediating androgen-induced inguinoscrotal testis descent in LH receptor knockout mice. Reproduction. 2010;139:759-69 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the RXFP2 signaling pathway plays an important role in mediating androgen action to stimulate gubernaculum development during inguinoscrotal testis descent. ..
- Danilovich N, Sairam M. Targeting gonadotropin receptor genes: reproductive biology, aging, and related health implications. Endocrine. 2005;26:219-26 pubmed..Both types of mice represent good models for testing hormone replacement therapy in different combinations. The FSH-R heterozygous females could also be useful for studying age-dependent phenotypes. ..
- Zhang F, Pakarainen T, Zhu F, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I. Molecular characterization of postnatal development of testicular steroidogenesis in luteinizing hormone receptor knockout mice. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1453-63 pubmedWe recently demonstrated that the sexual development of LH receptor (LHR) knockout mice is normal until birth, but is totally arrested thereafter...
- Mattiske D, Kume T, Hogan B. The mouse forkhead gene Foxc1 is required for primordial germ cell migration and antral follicle development. Dev Biol. 2006;290:447-58 pubmed..We conclude that alongside its previously known roles in kidney, cardiovascular and eye development, Foxc1 has essential functions during at least two stages of gonad development-germ cell migration and folliculogenesis. ..
- Latronico A, Anasti J, Arnhold I, Rapaport R, Mendonca B, Bloise W, et al. Brief report: testicular and ovarian resistance to luteinizing hormone caused by inactivating mutations of the luteinizing hormone-receptor gene. N Engl J Med. 1996;334:507-12 pubmed
- Kuhn B, Gudermann T. The luteinizing hormone receptor activates phospholipase C via preferential coupling to Gi2. Biochemistry. 1999;38:12490-8 pubmed..Most notably, coinfection with baculoviruses encoding alpha q or alpha 11 did not reproduce the PLC activation by the LH receptor. Thus, the murine LH receptor activates adenylyl cyclase via Gs and PLC via selective coupling to Gi2. ..
- Casadesus G, Milliken E, Webber K, Bowen R, Lei Z, Rao C, et al. Increases in luteinizing hormone are associated with declines in cognitive performance. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;269:107-11 pubmed..As such, modulation of luteinizing hormone or its receptor levels may prove to be useful therapeutic strategies for cognitive decline associated with aging and age-related neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer disease. ..
- Pakarainen T, Zhang F, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I. Fertility in luteinizing hormone receptor-knockout mice after wild-type ovary transplantation demonstrates redundancy of extragonadal luteinizing hormone action. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1862-8 pubmedThe luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR), mainly expressed in gonads, is essential for normal reproduction...
- Andric N, Thomas M, Ascoli M. Transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor is involved in the lutropin receptor-mediated down-regulation of ovarian aromatase expression in vivo. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:552-60 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first in vivo evidence linking the LH receptor, the EGFR, and ERK1/2 as sequential components of a pathway that regulates ovarian Cyp19a1 expression. ..
- Naz R, Rajesh C. Gene knockouts that cause female infertility: search for novel contraceptive targets. Front Biosci. 2005;10:2447-59 pubmed..These molecules will provide novel targets of contraception including contraceptive vaccine development. ..
- Huhtaniemi I. Mutations along the pituitary-gonadal axis affecting sexual maturation: novel information from transgenic and knockout mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;254-255:84-90 pubmed..luteinising hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), as well as their cognate receptors (R), LHR and FSHR...
- Lyga S, Volpe S, Werthmann R, GÃ¶tz K, Sungkaworn T, Lohse M, et al. Persistent cAMP Signaling by Internalized LH Receptors in Ovarian Follicles. Endocrinology. 2016;157:1613-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study indicates that the recently proposed paradigm of cAMP signaling by internalized G protein-coupled receptors is implicated in receptor function and is physiologically relevant. ..
- Lei Z, Mishra S, Ponnuru P, Li X, Yang Z, Rao C. Testicular phenotype in luteinizing hormone receptor knockout animals and the effect of testosterone replacement therapy. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1605-13 pubmed
- McFarland K, Sprengel R, Phillips H, Kohler M, Rosemblit N, Nikolics K, et al. Lutropin-choriogonadotropin receptor: an unusual member of the G protein-coupled receptor family. Science. 1989;245:494-9 pubmed..As revealed by RNA blot analysis and in situ hybridization, the 4.4-kilobase cognate messenger RNA is prominently localized in the rat ovary. ..
- Zhang F, Pakarainen T, Poutanen M, Toppari J, Huhtaniemi I. The low gonadotropin-independent constitutive production of testicular testosterone is sufficient to maintain spermatogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13692-7 pubmed..We now report that in luteinizing hormone receptor knockout mice, qualitatively full spermatogenesis, up to elongated spermatids of late stages 13-16, is ..
- Fishel R, Lescoe M, Rao M, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Garber J, et al. The human mutator gene homolog MSH2 and its association with hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer. Cell. 1993;75:1027-38 pubmed..These data and reports indicating that S. cerevisiae msh2 mutations cause an instability of dinucleotide repeats like those associated with HNPCC suggest that hMSH2 is the HNPCC gene. ..
- McGee S, Narayan P. Precocious puberty and Leydig cell hyperplasia in male mice with a gain of function mutation in the LH receptor gene. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3900-13 pubmed publisherThe LH receptor (LHR) is critical for steroidogenesis and gametogenesis. Its essential role is underscored by the developmental and reproductive abnormalities that occur due to genetic mutations identified in the human LHR...
- Teino I, Matvere A, Kuuse S, Ingerpuu S, Maimets T, Kristjuhan A, et al. Transcriptional repression of the Ahr gene by LHCGR signaling in preovulatory granulosa cells is controlled by chromatin accessibility. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;382:292-301 pubmed publisher..We show for the first time that LHCGR signaling in regulating the Ahr message involves protein kinase A pathway and is attributable to decreased ..
- Kundu S, Pramanick K, Paul S, Bandyopadhyay A, Mukherjee D. Expression of LH receptor in nonpregnant mouse endometrium: LH induction of 3?-HSD and de novo synthesis of progesterone. J Endocrinol. 2012;215:151-65 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to confirm the existence of LH receptor (Lhr (Lhcgr)) mRNA and its protein in mouse endometrium...
- Lei Z, Mishra S, Zou W, Xu B, Foltz M, Li X, et al. Targeted disruption of luteinizing hormone/human chorionic gonadotropin receptor gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:184-200 pubmed..Nevertheless, the animals remained infertile. It is anticipated that the LH receptor knockout animals will increase our current understanding of gonadal and nongonadal actions of LH and hCG. ..
- Savolainen S, Pakarainen T, Huhtaniemi I, Poutanen M, MAKELA S. Delay of postnatal maturation sensitizes the mouse prostate to testosterone-induced pronounced hyperplasia: protective role of estrogen receptor-beta. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1013-22 pubmed..effects of estrogens and androgens on the development of the prostatic epithelial hyperplasia, we used luteinizing hormone receptor knockout mice (LuRKO), which are resistant to pituitary regulation mediated by luteinizing hormone, ..
- Laue L, Chan W, Hsueh A, Kudo M, Hsu S, Wu S, et al. Genetic heterogeneity of constitutively activating mutations of the human luteinizing hormone receptor in familial male-limited precocious puberty. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:1906-10 pubmed..Met-571-->Ile, and Thr-577-->Ile mutations in transmembrane helix 6 of the human luteinizing hormone receptor (hLHR)...
- Huhtaniemi I, Zhang F, Kero J, Hamalainen T, Poutanen M. Transgenic and knockout mouse models for the study of luteinizing hormone and luteinizing hormone receptor function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;187:49-56 pubmed..emerging from studies on genetically modified mouse models, with either enhanced or suppressed LH/LH receptor (LHR) function...
- Umehara T, Kawashima I, Kawai T, Hoshino Y, Morohashi K, Shima Y, et al. Neuregulin 1 Regulates Proliferation of Leydig Cells to Support Spermatogenesis and Sexual Behavior in Adult Mice. Endocrinology. 2016;157:4899-4913 pubmed
- Atger M, Misrahi M, Sar S, Le Flem L, Dessen P, Milgrom E. Structure of the human luteinizing hormone-choriogonadotropin receptor gene: unusual promoter and 5' non-coding regions. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;111:113-23 pubmed..Primers and PCR conditions are described for the direct genomic sequencing of all the exons of the gene. This information should facilitate the study of pathological mutations of the receptor. ..
- Schmutte C, Marinescu R, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Overhauser J, Fishel R. Refined chromosomal localization of the mismatch repair and hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer genes hMSH2 and hMSH6. Cancer Res. 1998;58:5023-6 pubmed..genes were localized to chromosome 2p21, adjacent to the luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor gene (LHCGR; 2p21), telomeric to the D2S123 polymorphic marker, and centromeric to the calmodulin-2 gene (CALM-2; 2p22-21) and ..
- Meehan T, Harmon B, Overcast M, Yu K, Camper S, Puett D, et al. Gonadal defects and hormonal alterations in transgenic mice expressing a single chain human chorionic gonadotropin-lutropin receptor complex. J Mol Endocrinol. 2005;34:489-503 pubmedTo study the effects of premature and chronic ligand-mediated luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) activation on reproductive development, we have generated transgenic mice expressing a genetically engineered, constitutively active yoked ..
- Kress C, Gautier Courteille C, Osborne H, Babinet C, Paillard L. Inactivation of CUG-BP1/CELF1 causes growth, viability, and spermatogenesis defects in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1146-57 pubmed..In wild-type testes, CUG-BP1 is expressed in germ cells from spermatogonia to round spermatids and also in Sertoli and Leydig cells. These findings demonstrate that CUG-BP1 is required for completion of spermatogenesis. ..
- Vigone G, Merico V, Redi C, Mazzini G, Garagna S, Zuccotti M. FSH and LH receptors are differentially expressed in cumulus cells surrounding developmentally competent and incompetent mouse fully grown antral oocytes. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2015;27:497-503 pubmed publisher..Herein, we tested whether CC-specific FSH and LH receptors (FSHR and LHR, respectively) are differentially expressed in CCs enclosing developmentally competent or incompetent oocytes...
- Gudermann T, Birnbaumer M, Birnbaumer L. Homologous desensitization of the murine luteinizing hormone receptor expressed in L cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;110:125-35 pubmedUsing a clonal cell line that stably expresses the murine luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR 11/6 cells), we studied the molecular mechanisms of agonist-induced desensitization of the luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin-responsive ..
- Bielinska M, Parviainen H, Porter Tinge S, Kiiveri S, Genova E, Rahman N, et al. Mouse strain susceptibility to gonadectomy-induced adrenocortical tumor formation correlates with the expression of GATA-4 and luteinizing hormone receptor. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4123-33 pubmed..mRNA encoding another factor associated with adrenocortical tumorigenesis, LH receptor (LHR), was detected in A and B cells...
- Kumar T. Functional analysis of LHbeta knockout mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;269:81-4 pubmed..Thus, LHbeta null mice provide a useful model to study the consequences of an isolated deficiency of LH ligand in reproduction, while retaining normal LH-responsiveness in target cells. ..
- Ball C, Solem A, Meganck R, Laederach A, Ramos S. Impact of RNA structure on ZFP36L2 interaction with luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA. RNA. 2017;23:1209-1223 pubmed publisher..We have shown that only one of three putative AREs within the 3' UTR of murine luteinizing hormone receptor mRNA, ARE2197 (UAUUUAU), is capable of interacting with L2...