Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ldhb
Description: lactate dehydrogenase B
Alias: AI790582, H-Ldh, LDH-B, LDH-H, Ldh-2, Ldh2, L-lactate dehydrogenase B chain, LDH heart subunit, lactate dehydrogenase 2, B chain
- Tambe Y, Hasebe M, Kim C, Yamamoto A, Inoue H. The drs tumor suppressor regulates glucose metabolism via lactate dehydrogenase-B. Mol Carcinog. 2016;55:52-63 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that drs regulates glucose metabolism via LDH-B. Downregulating drs may contribute to the Warburg effect, which is closely associated with malignant progression of cancer cells. ..
- Jovanovic S, Jovanovic A, Crawford R. M-LDH serves as a regulatory subunit of the cytosolic substrate-channelling complex in vivo. J Mol Biol. 2007;371:349-61 pubmed
- Peng Q, Yang H, Xue S, Shi L, Yu Q, Kuang Y. Secretome profile of mouse oocytes after activation using mass spectrum. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012;29:765-71 pubmed publisher..Mass spectrometry analysis was performed that identified proteins such as Ldhb, PADi6, Uchl1, Pebp1, Alb, Hsp90aa1, Prss1, trypsinogen 7, trypsin 4, trypsin 10, Sod1, Zp1, Zp2, Zp3, Akap8, Npm2, ..
- Gan Z, Burkart Hartman E, Han D, Finck B, Leone T, Smith E, et al. The nuclear receptor PPAR?/? programs muscle glucose metabolism in cooperation with AMPK and MEF2. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2619-30 pubmed publisher..Transcriptional profiling revealed that the lactate dehydrogenase b (Ldhb)/Ldha gene expression ratio is increased in MCK-PPAR?/? muscle, an isoenzyme shift that diverts pyruvate into the ..
- Mohammed Abdul K, JovanoviÄ‡ S, Du Q, Sukhodub A, JovanoviÄ‡ A. Mild hypoxia in vivo regulates cardioprotective SUR2A: A role for Akt and LDH. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1852:709-19 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PI3K/Akt signalling pathway and LDH play a crucial role in increase of cardiac SUR2A induced by in vivo exposure to 18% oxygen. ..
- Deng M, Lam S, Meyer U, Feldon J, Li Q, Wei R, et al. Frontal-subcortical protein expression following prenatal exposure to maternal inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16638 pubmed publisher..This has implications for understanding causality and may offer potential biomarkers and novel treatment targets for neurodevelopmental conditions. ..
- Ross J, Oberg J, Brene S, Coppotelli G, Terzioglu M, Pernold K, et al. High brain lactate is a hallmark of aging and caused by a shift in the lactate dehydrogenase A/B ratio. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:20087-92 pubmed publisher..The mtDNA mutator mouse allows us to conclude that the increased LDH-A/LDH-B ratio causes high brain lactate levels, which, in turn, are predictive of aging phenotypes. ..
- Kaundal M, Katoch S, Sharma S. Beta-agonists enhance the lactic dehydrogenase (LDH) expression in serum and ventricular myocytes of mice. Acta Physiol Hung. 2007;94:249-59 pubmed..Increase in total LDH in serum is not due to release from heart but from some other tissues having anaerobic metabolism. ..
- Coonrod S, Vitale A, Duan C, Bristol Gould S, Herr J, Goldberg E. Testis-specific lactate dehydrogenase (LDH-C4; Ldh3) in murine oocytes and preimplantation embryos. J Androl. 2006;27:502-9 pubmed..In mammals, 3 genes, ldha, ldhb, and Ldhc, encode the subunits that assemble into catalytically active homo- and heterotetramers...
- Ahn H, Lee K, Kim J, Kwon S, Lee S, Lee S, et al. Accelerated Lactate Dehydrogenase Activity Potentiates Osteoclastogenesis via NFATc1 Signaling. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153886 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that RANKL-induced LDH activation stimulates glycolytic and mitochondrial respiratory metabolism, facilitating mature osteoclast formation via osteoclast precursor fusion and NFATc1 signaling. ..
- Schueren F, Lingner T, George R, Hofhuis J, Dickel C, Gartner J, et al. Peroxisomal lactate dehydrogenase is generated by translational readthrough in mammals. elife. 2014;3:e03640 pubmed publisher..Lactate dehydrogenase B (LDHB) showed the highest combined RTP and PTS1 probability. Experimentally we show that at least 1...
- Zha X, Wang F, Wang Y, He S, Jing Y, Wu X, et al. Lactate dehydrogenase B is critical for hyperactive mTOR-mediated tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2011;71:13-8 pubmed publisher..We report here that expression of lactate dehydrogenase B (LDHB), a critical enzymatic activator of glycolysis, was upregulated in an mTOR-dependent manner in TSC1(-/-), TSC2(-/-),..
- Cho S, Kim W. Early diagnosis of radiodermatitis using lactate dehydrogenase isozymes in hairless mice (SKH1-hr). Lab Anim Res. 2012;28:239-44 pubmed publisher..The subunits A and B followed a similar trend to that of LDH A(4) and B(4) isozyme, respectively. Importantly, antibodies against LDH B(4) isozyme could prove useful in the early diagnosis of radiodermatitis.
- Chauvin T, Xie F, Liu T, Nicora C, Yang F, Camp D, et al. A systematic analysis of a deep mouse epididymal sperm proteome. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:141 pubmed publisher..This proteome should prove a useful tool for assembly and testing of protein networks important for sperm function. ..
- Shalom Barak T, Zhang X, Chu T, Timothy Schaiff W, Reddy J, Xu J, et al. Placental PPAR? regulates spatiotemporally diverse genes and a unique metabolic network. Dev Biol. 2012;372:143-55 pubmed publisher..We further validated the Ldhb gene, which encodes the H isoform of lactate dehydrogenase, as a robust PPAR? target in trophoblasts, and propose a ..
- Verheijen M, Chrast R, Burrola P, Lemke G. Local regulation of fat metabolism in peripheral nerves. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2450-64 pubmed
- O Brien S, Nash W. Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic cat. Science. 1982;216:257-65 pubmed..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed. ..
- Thomas K, del Mazo J, Eversole P, Bellve A, Hiraoka Y, Li S, et al. Developmental regulation of expression of the lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) multigene family during mouse spermatogenesis. Development. 1990;109:483-93 pubmed..Experimental observations made in this study provide new insight into the order and sequence of events involved in the regulation of gene expression of the LDH gene family during spermatogenesis. ..
- Hiraoka B, Sharief F, Yang Y, Li W, Li S. The cDNA and protein sequences of mouse lactate dehydrogenase B. Molecular evolution of vertebrate lactate dehydrogenase genes A (muscle), B (heart) and C (testis). Eur J Biochem. 1990;189:215-20 pubmed..In agreement with the previous results, this analysis further indicates that lactate dehydrogenase-C gene branched off earlier than did lactate dehydrogenase-A and lactate dehydrogenase-B genes. ..