Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ldha
Description: lactate dehydrogenase A
Alias: Ldh1, Ldhm, l7R2, L-lactate dehydrogenase A chain, LDH muscle subunit, LDH-M, M-LDH, lactate dehydrogenase 1, A chain, lactate dehydrogenase A4, lactate dehydrogenase-A
- Assignment of the gene for lactic dehydrogenase A to mouse chromosome 7 using mouse-human hybridsD O'BRIEN
Cytogenet Cell Genet 21:72-6. 1978..Concordant segregation of the expression of mouse GPI-1 and LDH-1 was observed in 61 independent hybrid clones. These results indicate that the gene coding for LDH-A is located on mouse chromosome 7...
- A new pyruvate kinase mutation with hyperactivity in the mouseD J Charles
Biochem Genet 22:1103-17. 1984..It is suggested that the regulatory locus of PK-1 is affected by this mutation. The observations support also the theory of one structural locus for the erythrocyte and liver isozymes...
- A mutation affecting the lactate dehydrogenase locus Ldh-1 in the mouse. II. Mechanism of the LDH-A deficiency associated with hemolytic anemiaW Pretsch
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, Germany
Genetics 135:161-70. 1993..This discrepancy is likely due to the fact that in human erythrocytes both LDH-A and LDH-B subunits are expressed such that homozygotes for a LDH-A or LDH-B deficiency would not result in a comparably extreme LDH activity deficiency...
- Skeletal muscle PGC-1α controls whole-body lactate homeostasis through estrogen-related receptor α-dependent activation of LDH B and repression of LDH ASerge Summermatter
Division of Pharmacology Neurobiology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:8738-43. 2013....
- Antioxidant α-tocopherol checks lymphoma promotion via regulation of expression of protein kinase C-α and c-Myc genes and glycolytic metabolismRenu Sharma
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Leuk Lymphoma 53:1203-10. 2012..Almost all cancers exhibit a high expression of lactate dehydrogenase A (LDH-A) to ensure a high energy supply...
- The nuclear receptor PPARβ/δ programs muscle glucose metabolism in cooperation with AMPK and MEF2Zhenji Gan
Diabetes and Obesity Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, Orlando, Florida 32827, USA
Genes Dev 25:2619-30. 2011..Transcriptional profiling revealed that the lactate dehydrogenase b (Ldhb)/Ldha gene expression ratio is increased in MCK-PPARβ/δ muscle, an isoenzyme shift that diverts pyruvate into the ..
- Trophoblasts regulate the placental hematopoietic niche through PDGF-B signalingAkanksha Chhabra
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Cell 22:651-9. 2012..These data provide genetic evidence of a signaling pathway that is required to restrict erythroid differentiation to specific anatomical niches during development...
- Mouse genetics suggests cell-context dependency for Myc-regulated metabolic enzymes during tumorigenesisLisa M Nilsson
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS Genet 8:e1002573. 2012..transgenic mice, Apc(Min) mice, and p53 knockout mice with mouse models carrying inactivating alleles of Lactate dehydrogenase A (Ldha), 3-Phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (Phgdh) and Serine hydroxymethyltransferase 1 (Shmt1), we ..
- A systematic analysis of a deep mouse epididymal sperm proteomeTheodore Chauvin
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington 99201, USA
Biol Reprod 87:141. 2012..This proteome should prove a useful tool for assembly and testing of protein networks important for sperm function...
- Interaction of heterotrimeric G protein Galphao with Purkinje cell protein-2. Evidence for a novel nucleotide exchange factorY Luo
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:10685-8. 1999..These findings define a novel nucleotide exchange function for Pcp2 and suggest that the interaction between Pcp2 and Galphao is important to Purkinje cell function...
- Lactate dehydrogenase A is overexpressed in pancreatic cancer and promotes the growth of pancreatic cancer cellsYefei Rong
Pancreatic Cancer Group, General Surgery Department, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180th Feng Lin Road, Shanghai, 200031, China
Tumour Biol 34:1523-30. 2013..b>Lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA) executes the final step of aerobic glycolysis and has been reported to be involved in the tumor ..
- M-LDH serves as a sarcolemmal K(ATP) channel subunit essential for cell protection against ischemiaRussell M Crawford
Tayside Institute of Child Health, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
EMBO J 21:3936-48. 2002....
- Lactate dehydrogenase is an AU-rich element-binding protein that directly interacts with AUF1Patricia A Pioli
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Biol Chem 277:35738-45. 2002..The interaction between LDH and AUF1 is direct as it can be demonstrated in vitro with purified proteins. Collectively these data implicate a role for LDH in the post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression...
- Intrinsic and extrinsic pathway signaling during neuronal apoptosis: lessons from the analysis of mutant miceGirish V Putcha
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 157:441-53. 2002..e., BID and BAD) do not contribute to BAX-dependent cyt c release or apoptosis caused by TFD...
- Attenuation of LDH-A expression uncovers a link between glycolysis, mitochondrial physiology, and tumor maintenanceValeria R Fantin
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 9:425-34. 2006..To diminish the ability of malignant cells to metabolize pyruvate to lactate, lactate dehydrogenase A (LDH-A) levels were knocked down by means of LDH-A short hairpin RNAs...
- Functional annotation of mammalian genomic DNA sequence by chemical mutagenesis: a fine-structure genetic mutation map of a 1- to 2-cM segment of mouse chromosome 7 corresponding to human chromosome 11p14-p15Eugene M Rinchik
Life Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, P O Box 2009, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 8077, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:844-9. 2002....
- Lack of pericytes leads to endothelial hyperplasia and abnormal vascular morphogenesisM Hellstrom
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Cell Biol 153:543-53. 2001....
- Enzyme-activity mutants in Mus musculus. I. Phenotypic description and genetic characterization of ethylnitrosourea-induced mutationsW Pretsch
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 11:537-42. 2000..Genetic and biochemical characterizations were routinely performed. These mutants provide insight into the mechanism of ENU mutagenesis and can serve as models for structure-function studies of the corresponding enzymes...
- Screen for genes regulated during early kidney morphogenesisC Leimeister
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Theodor Boveri Institute Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Dev Genet 24:273-83. 1999..The large fraction of novel genetags from the present screening that have not yet been analyzed provides a rich resource to clone genetic networks regulating early nephrogenesis...
- Molecular, genetic and biochemical characterization of lactate dehydrogenase-A enzyme activity mutations in Mus musculusW Pretsch
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute for Mammalian Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 9:144-9. 1998..A1a319-->Glu and Thr321-->Ser, respectively, located in the alpha H helix structure of the COOH tail of LDHA. We suggest that the mutation in the result of a gene conversion event between Ldh1a wild-type gene and the ..
- Local regulation of fat metabolism in peripheral nervesMark H G Verheijen
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 17:2450-64. 2003....
- Abundance of repetitive sequence elements in the mouse testis-specific lactate dehydrogenase-C genePer G Olsson
Department of Medical Biosciences, Medical Genetics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Androl 24:918-20. 2003We have cloned and sequenced the entire mouse ldhc gene and mapped it physically in relation to the somatic ldha gene...
- Analysis of isoproterenol-induced changes in gastrocnemius muscle and serum lactate dehydrogenase expression in miceM Kaundal
Department of Biosciences, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla 171005, Himachal Pradesh, India
Singapore Med J 52:274-82. 2011..Muscle growth effects are thought to result from beta-2 adrenoceptor activation. This study attempted to characterise muscle (gastrocnemius) tissue damage following the administration of isoproterenol...
- Cellular expression of monocarboxylate transporters in the female reproductive organ of mice: implications for the genital lactate shuttleTakuya Kuchiiwa
Laboratory of Histology and Cytology, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 15 Nishi 7, Sapporo, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 135:351-60. 2011....
- High brain lactate is a hallmark of aging and caused by a shift in the lactate dehydrogenase A/B ratioJaime M Ross
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20087-92. 2010..The mtDNA mutator mouse allows us to conclude that the increased LDH-A/LDH-B ratio causes high brain lactate levels, which, in turn, are predictive of aging phenotypes...
- [Effects of cocaine on activities of ATPase, LDH and SDH in mouse splenocytes]Wen Ping Sun
Department of Forensic Pathology, Taishan Medical College, Taian 271000, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 26:81-3. 2010..To examine the effects of cocaine on the activities of ATPase, LDH and SDH in cultured mouse splenocytes in vitro...
- Identification and physiological activity of survival factor released from cardiomyocytes during ischaemia and reperfusionYoichi Mizukami
Center for Gene Research, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 79:589-99. 2008....
- Beta-agonists enhance the lactic dehydrogenase (LDH) expression in serum and ventricular myocytes of miceM Kaundal
Department of Biosciences, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla 171005, India
Acta Physiol Hung 94:249-59. 2007..Increase in total LDH in serum is not due to release from heart but from some other tissues having anaerobic metabolism...
- M-LDH serves as a regulatory subunit of the cytosolic substrate-channelling complex in vivoSofija Jovanovic
Maternal and Child Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
J Mol Biol 371:349-61. 2007....
- Multiple glycolytic enzymes are tightly bound to the fibrous sheath of mouse spermatozoaMichelle Krisfalusi
Laboratory for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, NC 27599, USA
Biol Reprod 75:270-8. 2006..identified GAPDHS and two additional glycolytic enzyme subunits, the A isoform of aldolase 1 (ALDOA) and lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA), in isolated fibrous sheaths...
- Identification of mutations from phenotype-driven ENU mutagenesis in mouse chromosome 7Cymbeline T Culiat
Life Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Bethel Valley Road, P O Box 2008, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 37831 6445, USA
Mamm Genome 16:555-66. 2005..Our data demonstrate that rapid mutation scanning with TGCE, followed by sequence verification only of detected positives, is an efficient approach to the identification of point mutations in the mouse genome...
- Modulation of gene expression by hypoxia in human umbilical cord vein endothelial cells: A transcriptomic and proteomic studySimone B Scheurer
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Proteomics 4:1737-60. 2004..g., CXCR4, claudin 3, CD24, tetranectin, Del-1, procollagen lysyl hydroxylase 1 and 2) which are transcriptionally upregulated in hypoxic conditions...
- Changes in LDH isozyme pattern in uterine fluid of mice during early pregnancyN P Rathour
University Department of Zoology, T M Bhagalpur University, India
Horm Metab Res 29:462-4. 1997....
- In situ hybridization mapping of LDHA and IGF2 to cattle chromosome 29S M Schmutz
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Mamm Genome 7:473. 1996
- Chromosomal mapping of beta-globin and albino loci in the domestic cat. A conserved mammalian chromosome groupS J O'Brien
J Hered 77:374-8. 1986..The placement of the albino locus on conserved syntenic groups of several markers (HBB, HRAS, LDHA) in both cat and mouse strongly indicates the conservative placement of the as yet unmapped human albino locus in ..
- Analysis of recombination in the centromere region of mouse chromosome 7 using ovarian teratoma and backcross methodsJ T Eppig
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Hered 79:425-9. 1988..No recombinants were detected among 410 offspring produced from a backcross mating segregating for Ldh-1 and ru-2 (ruby-eye-2). Thus, the gene order of Ldh-1 and ru-2 on chromosome 7 remains uncertain...
- Human tyrosinase gene, mapped to chromosome 11 (q14----q21), defines second region of homology with mouse chromosome 7D E Barton
Department of Human Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Genomics 3:17-24. 1988..Comparison of the genetic maps of human chromosome 11 and mouse chromosome 7 leads to hypotheses regarding the evolution of human chromosome 11...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of the mouse lactate dehydrogenase-A functional gene: comparison of the exon-intron organization of dehydrogenase genesK M Fukasawa
Genetics 116:99-105. 1987..The exon-intron organization of mouse LDH-A gene is compared with the organizations of other dehydrogenase genes, and the molecular evolution of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide binding domains is discussed...
- Nucleotide sequence of the putative regulatory region of mouse lactate dehydrogenase-A geneK M Fukasawa
Biochem J 235:435-9. 1986..Thus, mouse LDH-A gene containing seven introns spans approx. 11 kilobases and its length of mature mRNA is 1582 nucleotides, excluding the poly(A) tail...
- Isolation and characterization of a cDNA and a pseudogene for mouse lactate dehydrogenase-A isozymeK Akai
Int J Biochem 17:645-8. 1985..This pseudogene showed 81.6% homology at 713 positions compared with the LDH-A cDNA sequence. The divergence of this pseudogene was estimated to have occurred 39 million years ago...
- Chromosomal and regional localization of the genes for UMPH2, APRT, PEPD, PEPS, PSP, and PGP in mink: comparison with man and mouseS D Pack
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Siberian Department, Novosibirsk
Cytogenet Cell Genet 50:127-31. 1989..The present data is compared with that previously established for man and mouse with reference to the conservation of syntenic gene groups and G-band homoeologies of chromosomes in mammals...
- Eight independent Ldh-1 mutations of the mouse recovered in mutagenicity experiments: biochemical characteristics and chromosomal localizationW Pretsch
Genet Res 53:101-4. 1989..Using two chromosome-7 marker genes pooled recombination frequencies are estimated as c-14.4 +/- 0.8-p-6.9 +/- 0.6-Ldh-1...
- Developmental regulation of expression of the lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) multigene family during mouse spermatogenesisK Thomas
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Development 109:483-93. 1990..Experimental observations made in this study provide new insight into the order and sequence of events involved in the regulation of gene expression of the LDH gene family during spermatogenesis...
- Hereditary lactate dehydrogenase A-subunit deficiency as cause of early postimplantation death of homozygotes in Mus musculusS Merkle
Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit GmbH, Neuherberg, Germany
Genetics 131:413-21. 1992..The distinct physiological consequences of the total absence of a functioning LDH-A subunit in mice and humans are discussed.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Characterization of two electrophoretic lactate dehydrogenase-A mutants in Mus musculusS Merkle
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit GmbH, Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, Germany
Biochem Genet 30:49-59. 1992....
- Comparative gene mapping in man and mouse: assignment of the genes for lactate dehydrogenase-A, peptidase-D, and isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 to mouse chromosome 7P A Lalley
Cytogenet Cell Genet 22:577-80. 1978
- Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and manP A Lalley
Nature 274:160-3. 1978
- Mechanisms of compensation of hemolytic anemia in a lactate dehydrogenase mouse mutantJ P Kremer
Exp Hematol 15:664-70. 1987....
- Linear dose-response relationship of erythrocyte enzyme-activity mutations in offspring of ethylnitrosourea-treated miceD J Charles
Mutat Res 176:81-91. 1987..The recovered mouse mutants might be used as animal models to study corresponding genetic diseases in humans...
- Protein structure and gene organization of mouse lactate dehydrogenase-A isozymeS S Li
Eur J Biochem 149:215-25. 1985..The relationships between the exon-intron organization of LDH-A gene and the structural-functional domains of the protein are discussed...
- Molecular analysis of 36 mutations at the mouse pink-eyed dilution (p) locusD K Johnson
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee 37831 8077, USA
Genetics 141:1563-71. 1995....
- Complementation analyses for 45 mutations encompassing the pink-eyed dilution (p) locus of the mouseL B Russell
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee 37831 8077, USA
Genetics 141:1547-62. 1995..The alleles specifying mottling or darker pigment (generically, pm and px, respectively) probably do not represent deletions of p-coding sequences but could be small rearrangements involving proximal regulatory elements...
- Organization of the region encompassing the human serum amyloid A (SAA) gene family on chromosome 11p15.1G C Sellar
Department of Genetics, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland
Genomics 23:492-5. 1994..Interphase FISH was used to orientate the region relative to the centromere: cen-LDHC-LDHA-SAA1-SAA2-SAA4-SAA3-TP H-D11S18- KCNC1-MYOD1-pter.
- Clustering of six human 11p15 gene homologs within a 500-kb interval of proximal mouse chromosome 7L Stubbs
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee 37831 8077
Genomics 24:324-32. 1994..the most proximal HSA11p15/Mmu7 homology region, including Ldh3 (encoding lactate dehydrogenase C), Ldh1 (lactate dehydrogenase A), Myod1 (myogenic differentiation factor-1), Tph (tryptophan hydroxylase), Saa1 (serum amyloid-A-1), and ..
- Molecular analysis of four lactate dehydrogenase-A mutants in the mouseR Sandulache
Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Mamm Genome 5:777-80. 1994..All ENU-induced mutations were A/T-->G/C transitions. The mutation events could be correlated with the biochemical and physiological alterations observed in affected mice...
- Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7R L Stallings
Somatic Cell Genet 7:683-98. 1981..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups...
- A mutation affecting the lactate dehydrogenase locus Ldh-1 in the mouse-I. Genetical and electrophoretical characterizationD J Charles
Biochem Genet 19:301-9. 1981..It is concluded that the mutation affects the locus coding for LDH of the muscle type. Ldh-1c is proposed as the allele symbol...
- Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic catS J O'Brien
Science 216:257-65. 1982..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed...
- Allelically-determined isozyme polymorphisms in laboratory populations of miceF H Ruddle
Ann N Y Acad Sci 151:531-9. 1968
- Human times mouse hybrid cells segregating mouse chromosomes and isozymesJ D Minna
Nature 252:401-4. 1974
- Transgenic mice demonstrate a testis-specific promoter for lactate dehydrogenase, LDHCS Li
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
J Biol Chem 273:31191-4. 1998The mammalian genome encodes a family of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) isozymes. Two of these, ldha and ldhb, are expressed ubiquitously. The ldhc gene is active only in the germinal epithelium during spermatogenesis...
- Posttranscriptional regulation of primate Ldhc mRNA by its AUUUA-like elementsK Salehi-Ashtiani
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology Northwestern University Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1782-90. 1995..Because AU-rich motifs similar to these are found in many mRNAs, these findings may have broad implications...
- Mutagenesis of the Mammalian Imprinting Process(es)Eugene Rinchik; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..