Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamp1
Description: lysosomal-associated membrane protein 1
Alias: CD107a, LGP-120, LGP-A, Lamp-1, P2B, Perk, lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 1, 120 kDa lysosomal membrane glycoprotein, CD107 antigen-like family member A, LYSOSOME-ASSOCIATED MEMBRANE GLYCOPROTEIN 1 PRECURSOR (LAMP-1) (LGP-A) (LGP-120) (CD107A) (P2B), Lamp I, lysosomal membrane glycoprotein 1, lysosomal membrane glycoprotein A, lysosome-associated membrane protein 1
- Couto N, Pedersane D, Rezende L, Dias P, Corbani T, Bentini L, et al. LAMP-2 absence interferes with plasma membrane repair and decreases T. cruzi host cell invasion. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005657 pubmed publisher..First, we showed that cells lacking only LAMP-2 present the same invasion phenotype as LAMP1/2-/- cells, indicating that LAMP-2 is an important player during T. cruzi invasion process...
- de Lau W, Kujala P, Schneeberger K, Middendorp S, Li V, Barker N, et al. Peyer's patch M cells derived from Lgr5(+) stem cells require SpiB and are induced by RankL in cultured "miniguts". Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3639-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that RankL-induced expression of SpiB is essential for Lgr5 stem cell-derived epithelial precursors to develop into M cells. ..
- Chakrabarti S, Kobayashi K, Flavell R, Marks C, Miyake K, Liston D, et al. Impaired membrane resealing and autoimmune myositis in synaptotagmin VII-deficient mice. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:543-9 pubmed..Thus, defective plasma membrane repair in tissues under mechanical stress may favor the development of inflammatory autoimmune disease. ..
- Kasai M, Tanida I, Ueno T, Kominami E, Seki S, Ikeda T, et al. Autophagic compartments gain access to the MHC class II compartments in thymic epithelium. J Immunol. 2009;183:7278-85 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the cytoplasmic self-Ags gain access to the H2-DM-positive compartments via the autophagic process in the thymus. ..
- De Carvalho Bittencourt M, Herren S, Graber P, Vilbois F, Pasquali C, Berney C, et al. Extracellular lysosome-associated membrane protein-1 (LAMP-1) mediates autoimmune disease progression in the NOD model of type 1 diabetes. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1501-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate an unexpected role for pm-LAMP-1 in autoimmune disease progression, and suggest that further investigation should be performed to understand how this molecule modulates IFN-gamma-driven responses. ..
- Huynh K, Eskelinen E, Scott C, Malevanets A, Saftig P, Grinstein S. LAMP proteins are required for fusion of lysosomes with phagosomes. EMBO J. 2007;26:313-24 pubmed..Time-lapse cinematography revealed that late endosomes/lysosomes as well as phagosomes lacking LAMP-1 and LAMP-2 had reduced ability to move toward the microtubule-organizing center, likely precluding their interaction with each other. ..
- Stobrawa S, Breiderhoff T, Takamori S, Engel D, Schweizer M, Zdebik A, et al. Disruption of ClC-3, a chloride channel expressed on synaptic vesicles, leads to a loss of the hippocampus. Neuron. 2001;29:185-96 pubmed..Mice almost lacking the hippocampus survive and show several behavioral abnormalities but are still able to acquire motor skills. ..
- Mithal D, Ren D, Miller R. CXCR4 signaling regulates radial glial morphology and cell fate during embryonic spinal cord development. Glia. 2013;61:1288-305 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that a specific chemokine signal derived from the meninges has multiple regulatory effects on radial glia. ..
- Orlow S, Brilliant M. The pink-eyed dilution locus controls the biogenesis of melanosomes and levels of melanosomal proteins in the eye. Exp Eye Res. 1999;68:147-54 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that mutations at the p locus affect the size, number, shape and contents of melanosomes, implicating the p gene product in the normal biogenesis of this organelle. ..
- Acevedo Schermerhorn C, Gray Bablin J, Gama R, McCormick P. t-complex-associated embryonic surface antigen homologous to mLAMP-1. II. Expression and distribution analyses. Exp Cell Res. 1997;236:510-8 pubmed
- González Polo R, Boya P, Pauleau A, Jalil A, Larochette N, Souquere S, et al. The apoptosis/autophagy paradox: autophagic vacuolization before apoptotic death. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3091-102 pubmed..Of note, LAMP1 depletion had no such effects and did not aggravate the phenotype induced by LAMP2-specific small interfering RNA...
- Dehay B, Bove J, Rodríguez Muela N, Perier C, Recasens A, Boya P, et al. Pathogenic lysosomal depletion in Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12535-44 pubmed publisher..Restoration of lysosomal levels and function may thus represent a novel neuroprotective strategy in PD...
- Marie J, Liggitt D, Rudensky A. Cellular mechanisms of fatal early-onset autoimmunity in mice with the T cell-specific targeting of transforming growth factor-beta receptor. Immunity. 2006;25:441-54 pubmed..Thus, TGF-beta signaling in peripheral T cells is crucial in restraining TCR activation-dependent Th1, cytotoxic, and NK cell-like differentiation program which, when left unchecked, leads to rapidly progressing fatal autoimmunity. ..
- Shin S, Vogt E, Jimenez Movilla M, Baibakov B, Dean J. Cytoplasmic cleavage of DPPA3 is required for intracellular trafficking and cleavage-stage development in mice. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1643 pubmed publisher..This phenocopies aspects of Lamp1/2 knockdowns and Dppa3 KO embryos can be partially rescued in vitro by DPPA31-60 and to a ..
- Varga R, Khundadze M, Damme M, Nietzsche S, Hoffmann B, Stauber T, et al. In Vivo Evidence for Lysosome Depletion and Impaired Autophagic Clearance in Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Type SPG11. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005454 pubmed publisher..Degenerating neurons accumulate autofluorescent material, which stains for the lysosomal protein Lamp1 and for p62, a marker of substrate destined to be degraded by autophagy, and hence appears to be related to ..
- Bermingham N, Martin J, Fisher E. The mouse lysosomal membrane protein 1 gene as a candidate for the motorneuron degeneration (mnd) locus. Genomics. 1996;32:266-71 pubmed..A candidate gene from human chromosome 13 is LAMP1, which encodes lysosomal membrane protein 1...
- Ihrke G, Gray S, Luzio J. Endolyn is a mucin-like type I membrane protein targeted to lysosomes by its cytoplasmic tail. Biochem J. 2000;345 Pt 2:287-96 pubmed..Nonetheless, the last ten amino acids of this tail, when transplanted on to human CD8, caused efficient targeting of the chimaeric protein to endosomes and lysosomes in transfected normal rat kidney cells. ..
- Garver W, Heidenreich R, Erickson R, Thomas M, Wilson J. Localization of the murine Niemann-Pick C1 protein to two distinct intracellular compartments. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:673-87 pubmed..of mouse liver homogenates indicates that some NPC1 cosediments with lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 (LAMP1)-containing membranes. However, a significant amount of NPC1 is also found in membranes that do not contain LAMP1...
- Falcon Perez J, Nazarian R, Sabatti C, Dell Angelica E. Distribution and dynamics of Lamp1-containing endocytic organelles in fibroblasts deficient in BLOC-3. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5243-55 pubmed..Using this method, we corroborated that the perinuclear clustering of late endocytic organelles containing Lamp1 (for ;lysosome-associated membrane protein 1') is reduced in BLOC-3-deficient murine fibroblasts, and found that ..
- Desai T, Brownfield D, Krasnow M. Alveolar progenitor and stem cells in lung development, renewal and cancer. Nature. 2014;507:190-4 pubmed publisher..We propose that local signals regulate AT2 stem-cell activity: a signal transduced by EGFR-KRAS controls self-renewal and is hijacked during oncogenesis, whereas another signal controls reprogramming to AT1 fate. ..
- Rohrer J, Schweizer A, Russell D, Kornfeld S. The targeting of Lamp1 to lysosomes is dependent on the spacing of its cytoplasmic tail tyrosine sorting motif relative to the membrane. J Cell Biol. 1996;132:565-76 pubmedb>Lamp1 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is localized primarily in lysosomes and late endosomes. Newly synthesized molecules are mostly transported from the trans-Golgi network directly to endosomes and then to lysosomes...
- Kjøller L, Engelholm L, Høyer Hansen M, Danø K, Bugge T, Behrendt N. uPARAP/endo180 directs lysosomal delivery and degradation of collagen IV. Exp Cell Res. 2004;293:106-16 pubmed..A similar localization pattern was observed for collagen V, suggesting that uPARAP/endo180 might be generally involved in collagen degradation. ..
- Ahtiainen L, Luiro K, Kauppi M, Tyynelä J, Kopra O, Jalanko A. Palmitoyl protein thioesterase 1 (PPT1) deficiency causes endocytic defects connected to abnormal saposin processing. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1540-53 pubmed..These data provide new insights into the metabolism of PPT1-deficient cells and offer a basis for further studies on cellular processes causing neuronal death in INCL and other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Bartuzi P, Billadeau D, Favier R, Rong S, Dekker D, Fedoseienko A, et al. CCC- and WASH-mediated endosomal sorting of LDLR is required for normal clearance of circulating LDL. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10961 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides valuable insights into the mechanisms regulating cholesterol homeostasis and LDLR trafficking. ..
- Vyas J, Kim Y, Artavanis Tsakonas K, Love J, van der Veen A, Ploegh H. Tubulation of class II MHC compartments is microtubule dependent and involves multiple endolysosomal membrane proteins in primary dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:7199-210 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrate that the tubules contain multiple proteins including the class II MHC molecules and LAMP1, a lysosomal resident protein, as well as CD63 and CD82, members of the tetraspanin family...
- Craven R, Hall J, Fuller J, Taft Benz S, Kawula T. Francisella tularensis invasion of lung epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 2008;76:2833-42 pubmed publisher..By 2 h postinoculation, 70.0% (+/- 5.5%) of intracellular bacteria were accessible to antibody delivered to the cytoplasm, indicating vacuolar breakdown and escape into the cytoplasm. ..
- Stober C, Brode S, White J, Popoff J, Blackwell J. Slc11a1, formerly Nramp1, is expressed in dendritic cells and influences major histocompatibility complex class II expression and antigen-presenting cell function. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5059-67 pubmed..These data indicate that wild-type Slc11a1 expressed in DCs may play a role both in determining resistance to infectious disease and in susceptibility to autoimmune disease such as type 1 diabetes. ..
- Jiang D, Sun L, Cheng L, Zhang J, Xiao S, Sun Y, et al. Recombinant DNA vaccine of Hantavirus Gn and LAMP1 induced long-term immune protection in mice. Antiviral Res. 2017;138:32-39 pubmed publisher..pVAX-LAMP/Gn established memory responses within a long-term protection. Lysosome-targeted strategy showed promise on Gn-based DNA vaccine and further investigations are warranted in other immunogenic Hantaviral antigens. ..
- Cohnen A, Chiang S, Stojanovic A, Schmidt H, Claus M, Saftig P, et al. Surface CD107a/LAMP-1 protects natural killer cells from degranulation-associated damage. Blood. 2013;122:1411-8 pubmed publisher..Intracellular expression of CD107a/LAMP-1, and to a lesser extent that of CD107b/LAMP-2, correlated with lymphocyte CG content...
- Aula N, Kopra O, Jalanko A, Peltonen L. Sialin expression in the CNS implicates extralysosomal function in neurons. Neurobiol Dis. 2004;15:251-61 pubmed..These data demonstrate a nonlysosomal localization of sialin in neurons and would imply a role for sialin in the secretory processes of neuronal cells...
- REMIS N, Wiwatpanit T, Castiglioni A, Flores E, CantÃº J, GarcÃa AÃ±overos J. Mucolipin co-deficiency causes accelerated endolysosomal vacuolation of enterocytes and failure-to-thrive from birth to weaning. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004833 pubmed publisher..Finally, we conclude that mucolipin-endowed lysosomes in the young play an evolutionarily-conserved role in the intracellular digestion of maternally-provided nutrients, whether milk in mammals or yolk in oviparous species. ..
- Demais V, Barthelemy A, Perraut M, Ungerer N, Keime C, Reibel S, et al. Reversal of Pathologic Lipid Accumulation in NPC1-Deficient Neurons by Drug-Promoted Release of LAMP1-Coated Lamellar Inclusions. J Neurosci. 2016;36:8012-25 pubmed publisher..labeling combined with transmission electron microscopy revealed the presence of CD63 on internal lamellae and of LAMP1 on the membrane surrounding the inclusions, indicating their origins from intraluminal vesicles of late endosomes ..
- Zhao Z, Cao L, Reece E. Formation of neurodegenerative aggresome and death-inducing signaling complex in maternal diabetes-induced neural tube defects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:4489-4494 pubmed publisher..Enhancing protein folding could be a potential interventional approach to preventing embryonic malformations in diabetic pregnancies. ..
- Oka M, Hashimoto K, Yamaguchi Y, Saitoh S, Sugiura Y, Motoi Y, et al. Arl8b is required for lysosomal degradation of maternal proteins in the visceral yolk sac endoderm of mouse embryos. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:3568-3577 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Arl8b mediates lysosomal degradation of maternal proteins in the VYSE, thereby contributing to mouse embryonic development. ..
- Kaneko Goto T, Sato Y, Katada S, Kinameri E, Yoshihara S, Nishiyori A, et al. Goofy coordinates the acuity of olfactory signaling. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12987-96, 12996a pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Goofy plays an important role in establishing the acuity of olfactory sensory signaling. ..
- Agarwal A, Srinivasan N, Godbole R, More S, Budnar S, Gude R, et al. Role of tumor cell surface lysosome-associated membrane protein-1 (LAMP1) and its associated carbohydrates in lung metastasis. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2015;141:1563-74 pubmed publisherExpression of lysosome-associated membrane protein-1 (LAMP1) on the surface correlates with metastatic potential of B16 melanoma cells...
- Cha Y, Holland S, August J. The cDNA sequence of mouse LAMP-2. Evidence for two classes of lysosomal membrane glycoproteins. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:5008-13 pubmed..The sequence differences in these two classes provide a basis for comparing the structure of the proteins with their biochemical and biological properties. ..
- Zahn C, Jaschke A, Weiske J, Hommel A, Hesse D, Augustin R, et al. ADP-ribosylation factor-like GTPase ARFRP1 is required for trans-Golgi to plasma membrane trafficking of E-cadherin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27179-88 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that knock-out of Arfrp1 disrupts the trafficking of E-cadherin through the Golgi and suggest an essential role of the GTPase in trans-Golgi network function. ..
- Prasad D, Parekh V, Joshi B, Banerjee P, Parab P, Chattopadhyay S, et al. The Th1-specific costimulatory molecule, m150, is a posttranslational isoform of lysosome-associated membrane protein-1. J Immunol. 2002;169:1801-9 pubmed..This altered posttranslational modification of housekeeping protein appears to represent a novel pathway by which APCs can additionally regulate T cell responses. ..
- Lennon N, Kho A, Bacskai B, Perlmutter S, Hyman B, Brown R. Dysferlin interacts with annexins A1 and A2 and mediates sarcolemmal wound-healing. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50466-73 pubmed..We propose a model of muscle membrane healing mediated by dysferlin that is relevant to both normal and dystrophic muscle and defines the annexins as potential muscular dystrophy genes. ..
- Ilaya N, Evin G, Masters C, Culvenor J. Nicastrin expression in mouse peripheral tissues is not co-ordinated with presenilin and is high in muscle. J Neurochem. 2004;91:230-7 pubmed..These findings suggest a function for nicastrin in muscle other than participation in the gamma-secretase complex. ..
- Tompkins K, George A, Veis A. Characterization of a mouse amelogenin [A-4]/M59 cell surface receptor. Bone. 2006;38:172-80 pubmed
- Hoover R, Gullickson G, Kornbluth J. Impaired NK cytolytic activity and enhanced tumor growth in NK lytic-associated molecule-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2009;183:6913-21 pubmed publisher..and WT mice have comparable amounts of perforin, granzyme B, and lysosomal membrane-associated protein 1 (CD107a) in their cytotoxic granules and comparable levels of granule exocytosis are induced by PMA and calcium ionophore ..
- Hara H, Ishihara C, Takeuchi A, Xue L, Morris S, Penninger J, et al. Cell type-specific regulation of ITAM-mediated NF-kappaB activation by the adaptors, CARMA1 and CARD9. J Immunol. 2008;181:918-30 pubmed..Thus, NF-kappaB activation signaling through ITAM receptors is regulated by a cell type-specific mechanism depending on the usage of adaptors CARMA1 and CARD9, which determines the PKC dependence of the signaling. ..
- Godinho R, Matassoli F, Lucas C, Rigato P, Gonçalves J, Sato M, et al. Regulation of HIV-Gag expression and targeting to the endolysosomal/secretory pathway by the luminal domain of lysosomal-associated membrane protein (LAMP-1) enhance Gag-specific immune response. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e99887 pubmed publisher..LAMP-mediated targeting to endolysosomal/secretory pathway is an important new mechanistic element in LAMP-mediated enhanced immunity with applications to the development of novel anti-HIV vaccines and to general vaccinology field. ..
- Germain M, Nguyen A, Le Grand J, Arbour N, Vanderluit J, Park D, et al. MCL-1 is a stress sensor that regulates autophagy in a developmentally regulated manner. EMBO J. 2011;30:395-407 pubmed publisher..Our results define a pathway whereby MCL-1 has a key role in determining cell fate, by coordinately regulating apoptosis and autophagy. ..
- Moughamian A, Holzbaur E. Dynactin is required for transport initiation from the distal axon. Neuron. 2012;74:331-43 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the CAP-Gly domain disrupt the formation of the motor-cargo complex, highlighting the specific defects in axonal transport that may lead to neurodegeneration. ..
- Schwartz J, Allen L. Role of urease in megasome formation and Helicobacter pylori survival in macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;79:1214-25 pubmed..Rescue of ureAB null organisms was also achieved by surface adsorption of active urease. Altogether, our data indicate a role for urease and urease-derived ammonia in megasome formation and Hp survival. ..
- Arango Duque G, Fukuda M, Descoteaux A. Synaptotagmin XI regulates phagocytosis and cytokine secretion in macrophages. J Immunol. 2013;190:1737-45 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, knockdown of Syt XI ensued in enhanced bacterial survival. Our data reveal a novel role for Syt XI as a regulator of cytokine secretion, particle uptake, and macrophage microbicidal activity. ..
- Pimenta A, Tsui L, Heng H, Levitt P. Assignment of the gene encoding the limbic system-associated membrane protein (LAMP) to mouse chromosome 16B5 and human chromosome 3q13.2-q21. Genomics. 1998;49:472-4 pubmed
- Binker M, Cosen Binker L, Terebiznik M, Mallo G, McCaw S, Eskelinen E, et al. Arrested maturation of Neisseria-containing phagosomes in the absence of the lysosome-associated membrane proteins, LAMP-1 and LAMP-2. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:2153-66 pubmed
- McCormick P, Finneran A, Bonventre E. LAMP-1/ESGp appears on the cell surface of single celled mouse embryos subsequent to fertilization. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 1998;34:353-5 pubmed
- Hume A, Collinson L, Rapak A, Gomes A, Hopkins C, Seabra M. Rab27a regulates the peripheral distribution of melanosomes in melanocytes. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:795-808 pubmed
- Chamberlain C, Jeong J, Guo C, Allen B, McMahon A. Notochord-derived Shh concentrates in close association with the apically positioned basal body in neural target cells and forms a dynamic gradient during neural patterning. Development. 2008;135:1097-106 pubmed publisher..This study, in which we directly observe, measure, localize and modify notochord-derived Shh ligand in the context of neural patterning, provides several new insights into mechanisms of Shh morphogen action...
- Sun L, Hua Y, Vergarajauregui S, Diab H, Puertollano R. Novel Role of TRPML2 in the Regulation of the Innate Immune Response. J Immunol. 2015;195:4922-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals interesting differences in the regulation and distribution of the members of the TRPML family and identifies a novel role for TRPML2 in the innate immune response. ..
- Salazar G, Love R, Styers M, Werner E, Peden A, Rodriguez S, et al. AP-3-dependent mechanisms control the targeting of a chloride channel (ClC-3) in neuronal and non-neuronal cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25430-9 pubmed..In addition, our findings indicate that ClC-3 and ZnT3 reside in a common vesicle population where they functionally interact to determine vesicle luminal composition. ..
- Yamashita Y, Kojima K, Tsukahara T, Agawa H, Yamada K, Amano Y, et al. Ubiquitin-independent binding of Hrs mediates endosomal sorting of the interleukin-2 receptor beta-chain. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1727-38 pubmed publisher..an IL-2Rbeta mutant lacking all the cytoplasmic lysine residues is sorted from Hrs-positive early endosomes to LAMP1-positive late endosomes, resulting in degradation of the receptor...
- Granger B, Green S, Gabel C, Howe C, Mellman I, Helenius A. Characterization and cloning of lgp110, a lysosomal membrane glycoprotein from mouse and rat cells. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12036-43 pubmed..Mouse lgp110 is encoded by at least seven exons; intron positions suggest that the two homologous ectodomains of each lgp arose through gene duplication. ..
- Fusco C, Micale L, Egorov M, Monti M, D Addetta E, Augello B, et al. The E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM50 interacts with HDAC6 and p62, and promotes the sequestration and clearance of ubiquitinated proteins into the aggresome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40440 pubmed publisher..We speculate that when the proteasome activity is impaired, TRIM50 fails to drive its substrates to the proteasome-mediated degradation, and promotes their storage in the aggresome for successive clearance...
- Tang F, Erion J, Tian Y, Liu W, Yin D, Ye J, et al. VPS35 in Dopamine Neurons Is Required for Endosome-to-Golgi Retrieval of Lamp2a, a Receptor of Chaperone-Mediated Autophagy That Is Critical for Î±-Synuclein Degradation and Prevention of Pathogenesis of Parkinson's Disease. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10613-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VPS35 deficiency or mutation promotes PD pathogenesis, and reveals a crucial pathway, VPS35-Lamp2a-Î±-synuclein, to prevent PD pathogenesis. ..
- Sevilla L, Comstock S, Swier K, Miller J. Endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation-induced dissociation of class II invariant chain complexes containing a glycosylation-deficient form of p41. J Immunol. 2004;173:2586-93 pubmed..These results suggest that the ERAD machinery can induce subunit disassembly, specifically targeting misfolded subunits to degradation and sparing properly folded subunits for reassembly and/or export. ..
- Tholen M, Hillebrand L, Tholen S, Sedelmeier O, Arnold S, Reinheckel T. Out-of-frame start codons prevent translation of truncated nucleo-cytosolic cathepsin L in vivo. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4931 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the phenotypes of cathepsin L deficiency can be fully assigned to lack of canonically targeted cathepsin L, while the biogenesis and functionality of nucleo-cytosolic cathepsin L remain elusive. ..
- Yamamoto S, Yamazaki T, Komazaki S, Yamashita T, Osaki M, Matsubayashi M, et al. Contribution of calumin to embryogenesis through participation in the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation activity. Dev Biol. 2014;393:33-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggested that calumin serves to maintain the yolk sac integrity through participation in the ERAD activity, contributing to embryonic development. ..
- Agarwal A, Gude R, Kalraiya R. Regulation of melanoma metastasis to lungs by cell surface Lysosome Associated Membrane Protein-1 (LAMP1) via galectin-3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:332-7 pubmed publisherLysosome Associated Membrane Protein-1 (LAMP1), which lines the lysosomes, is often found to be expressed on surface of metastatic cells...
- Christ A, Christa A, Kur E, Lioubinski O, Bachmann S, Willnow T, et al. LRP2 is an auxiliary SHH receptor required to condition the forebrain ventral midline for inductive signals. Dev Cell. 2012;22:268-78 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a critical role for LRP2 in SHH signaling and reveal the molecular mechanism underlying forebrain anomalies in mice and patients with Lrp2 defects. ..
- Morishita H, Eguchi S, Kimura H, Sasaki J, Sakamaki Y, Robinson M, et al. Deletion of autophagy-related 5 (Atg5) and Pik3c3 genes in the lens causes cataract independent of programmed organelle degradation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11436-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that clearance of lens organelles is independent of macroautophagy. These findings also clarify the physiological role of Atg5 and Pik3c3 in quality control and development of the lens, respectively...
- Simonsen A, Birkeland H, Gillooly D, Mizushima N, Kuma A, Yoshimori T, et al. Alfy, a novel FYVE-domain-containing protein associated with protein granules and autophagic membranes. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4239-51 pubmed..By electron microscopy, similar structures can be found within autophagosomes. We propose that Alfy might target cytosolic protein aggregates for autophagic degradation. ..
- Sun P, Yamamoto H, Suetsugu S, Miki H, Takenawa T, Endo T. Small GTPase Rah/Rab34 is associated with membrane ruffles and macropinosomes and promotes macropinosome formation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4063-71 pubmed..These results imply that Rah is required for efficient macropinosome formation from the membrane ruffles. ..
- Reibring C, El Shahawy M, Hallberg K, Kannius Janson M, Nilsson J, Parkkila S, et al. Expression patterns and subcellular localization of carbonic anhydrases are developmentally regulated during tooth formation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96007 pubmed publisher..Our study provides important information for future single or multiple gene targeting strategies aiming at deciphering the function of CAs during odontogenesis. ..
- Andrejewski N, Punnonen E, Guhde G, Tanaka Y, Lullmann Rauch R, Hartmann D, et al. Normal lysosomal morphology and function in LAMP-1-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:12692-701 pubmed..The increase of LAMP-2 was neither correlated with an increase in the level of lamp-2 mRNAs nor with increased half-life time of LAMP-2. This findings suggest a translational regulation of LAMP-2 expression. ..
- Deutsch D, Haze Filderman A, Blumenfeld A, Dafni L, Leiser Y, Shay B, et al. Amelogenin, a major structural protein in mineralizing enamel, is also expressed in soft tissues: brain and cells of the hematopoietic system. Eur J Oral Sci. 2006;114 Suppl 1:183-9; discussion 201-2, 381 pubmed..Several different potential functions of amelogenin are discussed...