Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamc3
Description: laminin gamma 3
Alias: 1110064A23Rik, AI562206, AW240805, laminin subunit gamma-3, laminin-12 subunit gamma, laminin-14 subunit gamma, laminin-15 subunit gamma
- Hirrlinger P, Pannicke T, Winkler U, Claudepierre T, Varshney S, Schulze C, et al. Genetic deletion of laminin isoforms ?2 and ?3 induces a reduction in Kir4.1 and aquaporin-4 expression and function in the retina. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16106 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a strong impact of laminin ?2 and ?3 subunits on the expression and function of both aquaporin-4 and Kir4.1, two important membrane proteins in Müller cells. ..
- Gersdorff N, Kohfeldt E, Sasaki T, Timpl R, Miosge N. Laminin gamma3 chain binds to nidogen and is located in murine basement membranes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22146-53 pubmed..Ultrastructural immunogold staining localized the gamma3 chain to basement membranes of these tissues. ..
- Klaffky E, Williams R, Yao C, Ziober B, Kramer R, Sutherland A. Trophoblast-specific expression and function of the integrin alpha 7 subunit in the peri-implantation mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2001;239:161-75 pubmed..These interactions are not only important for trophoblast adhesion and spreading but may also play a role in regulating trophectoderm proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Koch M, Olson P, Albus A, Jin W, Hunter D, Brunken W, et al. Characterization and expression of the laminin gamma3 chain: a novel, non-basement membrane-associated, laminin chain. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:605-18 pubmed..We have cloned gene encoding this chain, LAMC3, which maps to chromosome 9 at q31-34...
- Copp A, Carvalho R, Wallace A, Sorokin L, Sasaki T, Greene N, et al. Regional differences in the expression of laminin isoforms during mouse neural tube development. Matrix Biol. 2011;30:301-9 pubmed publisher..This information paves the way towards a mechanistic analysis of basement membrane laminin function during early neural tube development in mammals. ..
- Li Y, Radner S, French M, Pinzon Duarte G, Daly G, Burgeson R, et al. The ?3 chain of laminin is widely but differentially expressed in murine basement membranes: expression and functional studies. Matrix Biol. 2012;31:120-34 pubmed publisher..These data support the suggestion that the ?3 chain is deposited in BMs and contributes some unique properties to their function, particularly in the nervous system...
- Lopez Escobar B, De Felipe B, Sánchez Alcázar J, Sasaki T, Copp A, Ybot Gonzalez P. Laminin and integrin expression in the ventral ectodermal ridge of the mouse embryo: implications for regulation of BMP signalling. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1808-15 pubmed publisher..Laminin532 could interact with Î±6-containing integrin to direct differentiation of the specialised VER cells from surface ectoderm. ..
- Ramos R, Siu N, Brunken W, Yee K, Gabel L, Van Dine S, et al. Cellular and axonal constituents of neocortical molecular layer heterotopia. Dev Neurosci. 2014;36:477-89 pubmed publisher..Finally, we document intracortical projections to/from heterotopia. These data are relevant toward understanding how heterotopia affect brain function in diverse neurodevelopmental disorders. ..