Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamb3
Description: laminin, beta 3
Alias: laminin subunit beta-3, epiligrin subunit bata, kalinin B1 chain, kalinin subunit beta, laminin-5 subunit beta, nicein subunit beta, nicein, 125kD, nicein, 125kDa
- Yoshiba N, Yoshiba K, Aberdam D, Meneguzzi G, Perrin Schmitt F, Stoetzel C, et al. Expression and localization of laminin-5 subunits in the mouse incisor. Cell Tissue Res. 1998;292:143-9 pubmed
- Qin P, Piechocki M, Lu S, Kurpakus M. Localization of basement membrane-associated protein isoforms during development of the ocular surface of mouse eye. Dev Dyn. 1997;209:367-76 pubmed
- Lentz S, Miner J, Sanes J, Snider W. Distribution of the ten known laminin chains in the pathways and targets of developing sensory axons. J Comp Neurol. 1997;378:547-61 pubmed..g., gamma 1), continue to be expressed by Schwann cells into adulthood. In contrast to peripheral nerves and ganglia, laminin chains are expressed at low levels, if at all, in the developing spinal cord gray matter. ..
- Tajbakhsh S, Rocancourt D, Buckingham M. Muscle progenitor cells failing to respond to positional cues adopt non-myogenic fates in myf-5 null mice. Nature. 1996;384:266-70 pubmed..In its absence, muscle progenitors, having activated myf-5, remain multipotent and differentiate into other somitic derivatives according to their local environment. ..
- Baudoin C, Miquel C, Blanchet Bardon C, Gambini C, Meneguzzi G, Ortonne J. Herlitz junctional epidermolysis bullosa keratinocytes display heterogeneous defects of nicein/kalinin gene expression. J Clin Invest. 1994;93:862-9 pubmed..In this report, we thus demonstrate that H-JEB is a genetically heterogeneous disease and we provide strong evidence that the genes of nicein are the candidates for this genodermatosis. ..
- Imanishi H, Tsuruta D, Tateishi C, Sugawara K, Kobayashi H, Ishii M, et al. Spatial and temporal control of laminin-332 and -511 expressions during hair morphogenesis. Med Mol Morphol. 2014;47:38-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the proper expression of laminin-332 and laminin-511 may regulate appropriate hair morphogenesis. ..
- Radmanesh F, Caglayan A, Silhavy J, Yilmaz C, Cantagrel V, Omar T, et al. Mutations in LAMB1 cause cobblestone brain malformation without muscular or ocular abnormalities. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:468-74 pubmed publisher..LAMB1 is localized to the pial basement membrane, suggesting that defective connection between radial glial cells and the pial surface mediated by LAMB1 leads to this malformation. ..
- Fantauzzo K, Soriano P. PDGFR? regulates craniofacial development through homodimers and functional heterodimers with PDGFR?. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2443-2458 pubmed..Our studies thus uncover a novel mode of signaling for the PDGF family during vertebrate development. ..
- Utani A, Kopp J, Kozak C, Matsuki Y, Amizuka N, Sugiyama S, et al. Mouse kalinin B1 (laminin beta 3 chain): cloning and tissue distribution. Lab Invest. 1995;72:300-10 pubmed..The sequence has considerable similarity to the human kalinin B1 chain (laminin beta 3), suggesting that it is murine beta 3 chain. Northern blot analysis demonstrated a single 4...
- Beisaw A, Tsaytler P, Koch F, Schmitz S, Melissari M, Senft A, et al. BRACHYURY directs histone acetylation to target loci during mesoderm development. EMBO Rep. 2018;19:118-134 pubmed publisher..We show that this role of T is mediated, at least in part, through activation of a distal Lmo2 enhancer. ..
- Koch M, Veit G, Stricker S, Bhatt P, Kutsch S, Zhou P, et al. Expression of type XXIII collagen mRNA and protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21546-57 pubmed
- Mill P, Mo R, Fu H, Grachtchouk M, Kim P, Dlugosz A, et al. Sonic hedgehog-dependent activation of Gli2 is essential for embryonic hair follicle development. Genes Dev. 2003;17:282-94 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that Shh-dependent Gli2 activation plays a critical role in epithelial homeostasis by promoting proliferation through the transcriptional control of cell cycle regulators. ..
- Yoshiba K, Yoshiba N, Aberdam D, Meneguzzi G, Perrin Schmitt F, Stoetzel C, et al. Differential expression of laminin-5 subunits during incisor and molar development in the mouse. Int J Dev Biol. 2000;44:337-40 pubmed..The asymmetrical expression of laminin-5 might be related to incisor morphogenesis and to the differences in histogenesis and cytodifferentiation of the IDE that exist in the labial versus lingual aspect of the cervical loop. ..
- Kadoya Y, Yamashina S. Localization of laminin-5, HD1/plectin, and BP230 in the submandibular glands of developing and adult mice. Histochem Cell Biol. 1999;112:417-25 pubmed..The results also suggest that the developing duct epithelium interacts with laminin-5 through the type II hemidesmosome, which later matures into a typical hemidesmosome upon the onset of expression of BP230. ..
- Yoshiba K, Yoshiba N, Aberdam D, Meneguzzi G, Perrin Schmitt F, Stoetzel C, et al. Expression and localization of laminin-5 subunits during mouse tooth development. Dev Dyn. 1998;211:164-76 pubmed
- Patton B, Miner J, Chiu A, Sanes J. Distribution and function of laminins in the neuromuscular system of developing, adult, and mutant mice. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1507-21 pubmed..The ability of laminin 11 to serve as a stop signal for growing axons explains, in part, axonal behaviors observed at developing and regenerating synapses in vivo. ..
- Kuster J, Guarnieri M, Ault J, Flaherty L, Swiatek P. IAP insertion in the murine LamB3 gene results in junctional epidermolysis bullosa. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:673-81 pubmed..the genetic defect was localized to a 2-cM region on distal Chromosome (Chr) 1 where a laminin-5 subunit gene, LamB3, was previously localized...
- Orian Rousseau V, Aberdam D, Fontao L, Chevalier L, Meneguzzi G, Kedinger M, et al. Developmental expression of laminin-5 and HD1 in the intestine: epithelial to mesenchymal shift for the laminin gamma-2 chain subunit deposition. Dev Dyn. 1996;206:12-23 pubmed..Taken together these data provide the first evidence for the coexpression of hemidesmosome-associated proteins in the gut, a non-stratified tissue. ..
- Yao C, Ziober B, Sutherland A, Mendrick D, Kramer R. Laminins promote the locomotion of skeletal myoblasts via the alpha 7 integrin receptor. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 13):3139-50 pubmed..These results established that alpha 7 beta 1 receptor can promote myoblast adhesion and motility on a restricted number of laminin isoforms and may be important in myogenic precursor recruitment during regeneration and differentiation. ..
- Lazarova Z, Yee C, Darling T, Briggaman R, Yancey K. Passive transfer of anti-laminin 5 antibodies induces subepidermal blisters in neonatal mice. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:1509-18 pubmed..These studies establish an animal model of a human blistering disease that can be used to define disease mechanisms and treatment modalities. ..
- Dowling J, Yu Q, Fuchs E. Beta4 integrin is required for hemidesmosome formation, cell adhesion and cell survival. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:559-72 pubmed