Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamb1
Description: laminin B1
Alias: C77966, C80098, C81607, D130003D08Rik, Lamb-1, Lamb1-1, laminin subunit beta-1, laminin B1 chain, laminin B1 subunit 1, laminin-1 subunit beta, laminin-10 subunit beta, laminin-111, laminin-12 subunit beta, laminin-2 subunit beta, laminin-6 subunit beta, laminin-8 subunit beta
- Shim C, Kwon H, Kim K. Differential expression of laminin chain-specific mRNA transcripts during mouse preimplantation embryo development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1996;44:44-55 pubmed..The uterine environment enclosing the preimplantation embryos appears, therefore, to play an important role in the regulation of laminin gene expression during blastocyst development. ..
- Kalkhof S, Haehn S, Paulsson M, Smyth N, Meiler J, Sinz A. Computational modeling of laminin N-terminal domains using sparse distance constraints from disulfide bonds and chemical cross-linking. Proteins. 2010;78:3409-27 pubmed publisher..We predict that laminin ?(1) and ?(1) LN domains share the galactose-binding domain-like fold. ..
- Kreidberg J, Donovan M, Goldstein S, Rennke H, Shepherd K, Jones R, et al. Alpha 3 beta 1 integrin has a crucial role in kidney and lung organogenesis. Development. 1996;122:3537-47 pubmed..Branching of the bronchi in lungs of mutant mice was also decreased and the large bronchi extended to the periphery. These results indicate a role for integrin receptors in basement membrane organization and branching morphogenesis. ..
- Stephens L, Sutherland A, Klimanskaya I, Andrieux A, Meneses J, Pedersen R, et al. Deletion of beta 1 integrins in mice results in inner cell mass failure and peri-implantation lethality. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1883-95 pubmed
- Sorokin L, Pausch F, Frieser M, Kroger S, Ohage E, Deutzmann R. Developmental regulation of the laminin alpha5 chain suggests a role in epithelial and endothelial cell maturation. Dev Biol. 1997;189:285-300 pubmed..The data show that laminin alpha5 expression is associated with epithelial and endothelial cell maturation, implicating a role for this laminin chain in the maintenance of differentiated epithelial and endothelial cell phenotype. ..
- Miner J, Li C. Defective glomerulogenesis in the absence of laminin alpha5 demonstrates a developmental role for the kidney glomerular basement membrane. Dev Biol. 2000;217:278-89 pubmed
- Schuler F, Sorokin L. Expression of laminin isoforms in mouse myogenic cells in vitro and in vivo. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 12):3795-805 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that laminins 1 and 2 play distinct roles in myogenesis. ..
- Alpy F, Jivkov I, Sorokin L, Klein A, Arnold C, Huss Y, et al. Generation of a conditionally null allele of the laminin alpha1 gene. Genesis. 2005;43:59-70 pubmed..This new mouse model is of particular interest as it will allow time- and tissue-specific inactivation of the Lama1 gene in various organs. ..
- Enders G, Kahsai T, Lian G, Funabiki K, Killen P, Hudson B. Developmental changes in seminiferous tubule extracellular matrix components of the mouse testis: alpha 3(IV) collagen chain expressed at the initiation of spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod. 1995;53:1489-99 pubmed..Expression of of the alpha 3(IV) chain coincides with the initiation of spermatogenesis, suggesting a functional role of this chain in spermatogonial proliferation. ..
- Clavel C, Grisanti L, Zemla R, Rezza A, Barros R, Sennett R, et al. Sox2 in the dermal papilla niche controls hair growth by fine-tuning BMP signaling in differentiating hair shaft progenitors. Dev Cell. 2012;23:981-94 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify Sox2 as a key regulator of hair growth that controls progenitor migration by fine-tuning BMP-mediated mesenchymal-epithelial crosstalk...
- Ghidinelli M, Poitelon Y, Shin Y, Ameroso D, Williamson C, Ferri C, et al. Laminin 211 inhibits protein kinase A in Schwann cells to modulate neuregulin 1 type III-driven myelination. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001408 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effect of Lm211 is seen only in fibers of small caliber. These data may explain why hereditary neuropathies associated with decreased laminin function are characterized by focally thick and redundant myelin. ..
- Heimann P, Kuschel T, Jockusch H. Elimination by necrosis, not apoptosis, of embryonic extraocular muscles in the muscular dysgenesis mutant of the mouse. Cell Tissue Res. 2004;315:243-7 pubmed..MDG myotubes in situ are eliminated by necrosis, not apoptosis. ..
- Muchir A, Bonne G, van der Kooi A, van Meegen M, Baas F, Bolhuis P, et al. Identification of mutations in the gene encoding lamins A/C in autosomal dominant limb girdle muscular dystrophy with atrioventricular conduction disturbances (LGMD1B). Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1453-9 pubmed..Further analysis of phenotype-genotype relationship will help to clarify the variability of the phenotype observed in these two muscular dystrophies. ..
- Derin B, Erdogan D, Take G, Lortlar N. Immunohistochemical localization of extracellular matrix proteins in developing lung tissues. Saudi Med J. 2007;28:334-8 pubmed..During the development of the lung, fibronectin is necessary for the shaping of lung parenchyma and stroma. 2. beta1 integrin as the receptor of laminin is important in the process of lung maturation and the modelling of basal lamina. ..
- Copp A, Carvalho R, Wallace A, Sorokin L, Sasaki T, Greene N, et al. Regional differences in the expression of laminin isoforms during mouse neural tube development. Matrix Biol. 2011;30:301-9 pubmed publisher..This information paves the way towards a mechanistic analysis of basement membrane laminin function during early neural tube development in mammals. ..
- Matsui T. Differential activation of the murine laminin B1 gene promoter by RAR alpha, ROR alpha, and AP-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;220:405-10 pubmed..These results suggest that the modes of transactivation of the laminin B1 promoter are different among the three transactivators. ..
- Li J, Tzu J, Chen Y, Zhang Y, Nguyen N, Gao J, et al. Laminin-10 is crucial for hair morphogenesis. EMBO J. 2003;22:2400-10 pubmed..We conclude that laminin-10 is required for hair follicle development and report the first use of exogenous protein to correct a cutaneous developmental defect. ..
- Sharif K, Baker H, Gudas L. Differential regulation of laminin b1 transgene expression in the neonatal and adult mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2004;126:967-78 pubmed..We showed that the LAMB1 gene, which encodes the laminin beta1 subunit, is transcriptionally activated by retinoic acid in embryonic stem ..
- Klein G, Ekblom M, Fecker L, Timpl R, Ekblom P. Differential expression of laminin A and B chains during development of embryonic mouse organs. Development. 1990;110:823-37 pubmed..Since a major cell binding site of laminin contains parts of the A chain, the variants should differ in biological function from laminin containing this A chain. ..
- Li C, Gudas L. Murine laminin B1 gene regulation during the retinoic acid- and dibutyryl cyclic AMP-induced differentiation of embryonic F9 teratocarcinoma stem cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6810-8 pubmed..Although several DNase I hypersensitive sites (DHSS) were observed in the LAMB1 5 -flanking DNA, one of the sites, DHSS2, was detected only after 72 h of RA treatment...
- Seldin M, Howard T, D EUSTACHIO P. Comparison of linkage maps of mouse chromosome 12 derived from laboratory strain intraspecific and Mus spretus interspecific backcrosses. Genomics. 1989;5:24-8 pubmed..These data suggest that comparisons of different mouse crosses may facilitate the understanding of underlying mechanisms that govern recombination events in complex genomes. ..
- Smyth N, Vatansever H, Murray P, Meyer M, Frie C, Paulsson M, et al. Absence of basement membranes after targeting the LAMC1 gene results in embryonic lethality due to failure of endoderm differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:151-60 pubmed..Surprisingly, basement membranes are not necessary for the formation of the first epithelium to develop during embryogenesis, but first become required for extra embryonic endoderm differentiation. ..
- Sahlberg C, Hormia M, Airenne T, Thesleff I. Laminin gamma2 expression is developmentally regulated during murine tooth morphogenesis and is intense in ameloblasts. J Dent Res. 1998;77:1589-96 pubmed
- Underwood P, Bennett F, Kirkpatrick A, Bean P, Moss B. Evidence for the location of a binding sequence for the alpha 2 beta 1 integrin of endothelial cells, in the beta 1 subunit of laminin. Biochem J. 1995;309 ( Pt 3):765-71 pubmed
- Anderson C, Thorsteinsdóttir S, Borycki A. Sonic hedgehog-dependent synthesis of laminin alpha1 controls basement membrane assembly in the myotome. Development. 2009;136:3495-504 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data indicate that laminin-111 function cannot be compensated by laminin-511. ..
- Tiger C, Gullberg D. Abscence of laminin alpha1 chain in the skeletal muscle of dystrophic dy/dy mice. Muscle Nerve. 1997;20:1515-24 pubmed..Our data might be important when designing therapy strategies for CMD. ..
- Rooney J, Gurpur P, Burkin D. Laminin-111 protein therapy prevents muscle disease in the mdx mouse model for Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7991-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that laminin-111 is a highly potent therapeutic agent for the mdx mouse model of DMD and represents a paradigm for the systemic delivery of extracellular matrix proteins as therapies for genetic diseases...
- Frieser M, Nöckel H, Pausch F, Roder C, Hahn A, Deutzmann R, et al. Cloning of the mouse laminin alpha 4 cDNA. Expression in a subset of endothelium. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:727-35 pubmed..The data demonstrate a cytokine and progesterone-regulated differential expression of laminin alpha 4 mRNA in mouse endothelium, suggesting a distinct functional role for this laminin chain in endothelium. ..
- Clifford J, Menter D, Wang M, Lotan R, Lippman S. Retinoid receptor-dependent and -independent effects of N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamide in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 1999;59:14-8 pubmed..Therefore, two distinct effects of 4HPR were identified in this system: a rapid induction of cell death and a slower induction of differentiation, which are likely to be receptor independent and dependent, respectively...
- Abrahamson D, Prettyman A, Robert B, St John P. Laminin-1 reexpression in Alport mouse glomerular basement membranes. Kidney Int. 2003;63:826-34 pubmed..This abnormal GBM, which is more characteristic of immature glomeruli, may promote podocyte foot process effacement and reversion to a less differentiated state. ..
- Quarto N, Longaker M. Differential expression of specific FGF ligands and receptor isoforms during osteogenic differentiation of mouse Adipose-derived Stem Cells (mASCs) recapitulates the in vivo osteogenic pattern. Gene. 2008;424:130-40 pubmed publisher..Indeed, this observation further validates ASCs as a suitable resource for skeletal tissue engineering. ..
- Zhang Y, Call M, Yeh L, Liu H, Kochel T, Wang I, et al. Aberrant expression of a beta-catenin gain-of-function mutant induces hyperplastic transformation in the mouse cornea. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1285-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results argue that beta-catenin activation is a crucial step during OSSN pathogenesis. Thus, inhibition of beta-catenin might be beneficial for treating this disease. ..
- Hashimoto H, Ishikawa H, Kusakabe M. Three-dimensional analysis of the developing pituitary gland in the mouse. Dev Dyn. 1998;212:157-66 pubmed..Three-dimensional observation of laminin in wholemount preparation is very useful for studying morphogenesis. ..
- Webb G, Jenkins N, Largaespada D, Copeland N, Fernandez C, Bowtell D. Mammalian homologues of the Drosophila Son of sevenless gene map to murine chromosomes 17 and 12 and to human chromosomes 2 and 14, respectively. Genomics. 1993;18:14-9 pubmed..3-D and their human counterparts to chromosomes 2p21-2p2 and 14q21, respectively. Neither the human nor the mouse Sos loci map close to known mutations or to regions showing consistent karyotypic abnormalities in tumor cells. ..
- Hirohata S, Kusachi S, Kondo J, Sano I, Murakami M, Doi M, et al. Laminin alpha 1, alpha 2, alpha 4 and beta 1 chain mRNA expression in mouse embryonic, neonatal, and adult hearts. Jpn Heart J. 1997;38:281-9 pubmed..Laminin beta 1 was expressed in the hearts of mice at all stages examined. These results demonstrate that the laminin chain gene expression changes in the different developmental stages of the hearts of BALb/c mice. ..
- Avraham K, Prezioso V, Chen W, Lai E, Sladek F, Zhong W, et al. Murine chromosomal location of four hepatocyte-enriched transcription factors: HNF-3 alpha, HNF-3 beta, HNF-3 gamma, and HNF-4. Genomics. 1992;13:264-8 pubmed
- Popova S, Rodriguez Sanchez B, Lidén A, Betsholtz C, Van Den Bos T, Gullberg D. The mesenchymal alpha11beta1 integrin attenuates PDGF-BB-stimulated chemotaxis of embryonic fibroblasts on collagens. Dev Biol. 2004;270:427-42 pubmed
- Poschl E, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Brachvogel B, Saito K, Ninomiya Y, Mayer U. Collagen IV is essential for basement membrane stability but dispensable for initiation of its assembly during early development. Development. 2004;131:1619-28 pubmed
- Hanson K, Jung J, Tran Q, Hsu S, Iida R, Ajeti V, et al. Spatial and temporal analysis of extracellular matrix proteins in the developing murine heart: a blueprint for regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013;19:1132-43 pubmed publisher..Similarly, fabricated scaffolds generated using ECM components, could be utilized for ventricular repair. ..
- Chae S, Paik J, Allende M, Proia R, Hla T. Regulation of limb development by the sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor S1p1/EDG-1 occurs via the hypoxia/VEGF axis. Dev Biol. 2004;268:441-7 pubmed..Indeed, similar limb defects were observed in endothelium-specific S1P(1) null mice in vivo. These data suggest that the function of S1P(1) in the developing vasculature is essential for proper limb development. ..
- Paraoanu L, Layer P. Mouse acetylcholinesterase interacts in yeast with the extracellular matrix component laminin-1beta. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:161-4 pubmed..Biochemical co-immunoprecipitation assays confirmed the genetic results. We suggest that AChE, by interacting with laminin-1, is able to exert changes in adhesion signaling pathways. ..
- Thomas T, Dziadek M. Expression of collagen alpha 1(IV), laminin and nidogen genes in the embryonic mouse lung: implications for branching morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 1994;45:193-201 pubmed
- Hussain S, Carafoli F, Hohenester E. Determinants of laminin polymerization revealed by the structure of the ?5 chain amino-terminal region. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:276-82 pubmed publisher..A surface loop that is strictly conserved in the LN domains of all ?-short arms is required for stable ternary association with the ?- and ?-short arms in the laminin network. ..
- Ratcliffe E, D Autréaux F, Gershon M. Laminin terminates the Netrin/DCC mediated attraction of vagal sensory axons. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:960-71 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that laminin terminates the attraction of vagal sensory axons towards sources of netrin in the developing bowel. ..
- Yamamoto S, Fukumoto E, Yoshizaki K, Iwamoto T, Yamada A, Tanaka K, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor regulates salivary gland morphogenesis via fibroblast growth factor expression. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23139-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, PDGF signaling is a possible mechanism involved in the interaction between epithelial and neural crest-derived mesenchyme. ..
- Yin Y, Kikkawa Y, Mudd J, Skarnes W, Sanes J, Miner J. Expression of laminin chains by central neurons: analysis with gene and protein trapping techniques. Genesis. 2003;36:114-27 pubmed..The co-trapping method may be generally useful for identifying proteins or isolating protein complexes associated with trapped gene products. ..
- Gorski D, LePage D, Patel C, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Walsh K. Molecular cloning of a diverged homeobox gene that is rapidly down-regulated during the G0/G1 transition in vascular smooth muscle cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:3722-33 pubmed..The removal of serum from growing cells induced Gax expression fivefold within 24 h. These data suggest that Gax is likely to have a regulatory function in the G0-to-G1 transition of the cell cycle in vascular smooth muscle cells. ..
- Zhang H, Chu M, Pan T, Sasaki T, Timpl R, Ekblom P. Extracellular matrix protein fibulin-2 is expressed in the embryonic endocardial cushion tissue and is a prominent component of valves in adult heart. Dev Biol. 1995;167:18-26 pubmed..The results suggest a role of the two fibulins in the development of the ECT and in the maintenance of the tensile strength of the cardiac valves. ..
- Doyonnas R, Kershaw D, Duhme C, Merkens H, Chelliah S, Graf T, et al. Anuria, omphalocele, and perinatal lethality in mice lacking the CD34-related protein podocalyxin. J Exp Med. 2001;194:13-27 pubmed..Our results provide the first example of an essential role for a sialomucin in development and suggest that defects in podocalyxin could play a role in podocyte dysfunction in renal failure and omphalocele in humans...
- Ayala de la Peña F, Kanasaki K, Kanasaki M, Vong S, Rovira C, Kalluri R. Specific activation of K-RasG12D allele in the bladder urothelium results in lung alveolar and vascular defects. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95888 pubmed publisher..These defects resemble those observed in early stage human neonatal bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), although the relevance of this new mouse model for BPD study needs further investigation. ..
- Tajbakhsh S, Rocancourt D, Buckingham M. Muscle progenitor cells failing to respond to positional cues adopt non-myogenic fates in myf-5 null mice. Nature. 1996;384:266-70 pubmed..In its absence, muscle progenitors, having activated myf-5, remain multipotent and differentiate into other somitic derivatives according to their local environment. ..
- Dong L, Chung A. The expression of the genes for entactin, laminin A, laminin B1 and laminin B2 in murine lens morphogenesis and eye development. Differentiation. 1991;48:157-72 pubmed
- Bolcato Bellemin A, Lefebvre O, Arnold C, Sorokin L, Miner J, Kedinger M, et al. Laminin alpha5 chain is required for intestinal smooth muscle development. Dev Biol. 2003;260:376-90 pubmed
- Spencer V, Costes S, Inman J, Xu R, Chen J, Hendzel M, et al. Depletion of nuclear actin is a key mediator of quiescence in epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:123-32 pubmed publisher..Cues from laminin 111 (LN1) lower transcription and suppress mammary epithelial cell growth in culture, but how LN1 induces ..
- Utani A, Nomizu M, Timpl R, Roller P, Yamada Y. Laminin chain assembly. Specific sequences at the C terminus of the long arm are required for the formation of specific double- and triple-stranded coiled-coil structures. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19167-75 pubmed..These results suggest that distinct sites within the C-terminal alpha-helical region of the laminin long arm are critical for the chain-specific assembly of these macro-molecules. ..
- Luckenbill Edds L, Kaiser C, Rodgers T, Powell D. Localization of the 110 kDa receptor for laminin in brains of embryonic and postnatal mice. Cell Tissue Res. 1995;279:371-7 pubmed..We speculate that the inverse histological pattern of receptor and ligand with respect to cell bodies and fibers may reflect a role in controlling axon guidance during development or repair during regeneration. ..
- Yoshiba K, Yoshiba N, Aberdam D, Meneguzzi G, Perrin Schmitt F, Stoetzel C, et al. Expression and localization of laminin-5 subunits during mouse tooth development. Dev Dyn. 1998;211:164-76 pubmed
- Andrews K, Betsuyaku T, Rogers S, Shipley J, Senior R, Miner J. Gelatinase B (MMP-9) is not essential in the normal kidney and does not influence progression of renal disease in a mouse model of Alport syndrome. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:303-11 pubmed..Thus, gelB does not have a discernible role in the normal kidney and gelB is not involved in the progression of glomerulonephritis in a mouse model of Alport syndrome...
- Godfrey E, Gradall K. Basal lamina molecules are concentrated in myogenic regions of the mouse limb bud. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1998;198:481-6 pubmed..These results suggest that basal lamina components play an important stimulatory role in early stages of skeletal muscle differentiation in the developing mouse limb bud. ..
- Suh J, Jarad G, Vandevoorde R, Miner J. Forced expression of laminin beta1 in podocytes prevents nephrotic syndrome in mice lacking laminin beta2, a model for Pierson syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15348-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the possibility that up-regulation of LAMB1 in podocytes, should it become achievable, would likely lessen the severity of nephrotic syndrome in patients ..
- Okano R, Mita T, Matsui T. Characterization of a novel promoter structure and its transcriptional regulation of the murine laminin B1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1132:49-57 pubmed
- PietilÃ¤ I, Prunskaite HyyrylÃ¤inen R, Kaisto S, Tika E, van Eerde A, Salo A, et al. Wnt5a Deficiency Leads to Anomalies in Ureteric Tree Development, Tubular Epithelial Cell Organization and Basement Membrane Integrity Pointing to a Role in Kidney Collecting Duct Patterning. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147171 pubmed publisher..Together Wnt5a has a novel function in kidney organogenesis by contributing to patterning of UB derived collecting duct development contributing putatively to congenital disease. ..
- Gersdorff N, Muller M, Otto S, Poschadel R, Hübner S, Miosge N. Basement membrane composition in the early mouse embryo day 7. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1140-8 pubmed..In conclusion, laminin-1 might be the only laminin isoform in the early mouse embryo that, together with the other main BM components, nidogens, collagen type IV, and perlecan, is synthesized by all three germ layers. ..
- Thomas T, Dziadek M. Genes coding for basement membrane glycoproteins laminin, nidogen, and collagen IV are differentially expressed in the nervous system and by epithelial, endothelial, and mesenchymal cells of the mouse embryo. Exp Cell Res. 1993;208:54-67 pubmed
- Schuger L, Varani J, Killen P, Skubitz A, Gilbride K. Laminin expression in the mouse lung increases with development and stimulates spontaneous organotypic rearrangement of mixed lung cells. Dev Dyn. 1992;195:43-54 pubmed..We conclude that laminin is critical for epithelial-mesenchymal recognition and further morphogenic interaction during both the embryonic and fetal stages of lung development. ..
- Gkantidis N, Blumer S, Katsaros C, Graf D, Chiquet M. Site-specific expression of gelatinolytic activity during morphogenesis of the secondary palate in the mouse embryo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47762 pubmed publisher..5. Whereas MMPs have been implicated in palatal fusion before, this is the first report showing that gelatinases might contribute to tissue remodeling during early stages of palatal shelf elevation and formation of the nasopharynx...
- Paraoanu L, Layer P. Mouse AChE binds in vivo to domain IV of laminin-1beta. Chem Biol Interact. 2005;157-158:411-3 pubmed..Moreover, we identified the region containing amino acid residues 240-503 of AChE as essential for interaction with laminin-1beta. Co-immunoprecipitation experiments confirmed the yeast two-hybrid results. ..
- Bajanca F, Luz M, Raymond K, Martins G, Sonnenberg A, Tajbakhsh S, et al. Integrin alpha6beta1-laminin interactions regulate early myotome formation in the mouse embryo. Development. 2006;133:1635-44 pubmed..Engagement of laminin by alpha6beta1 also plays a role in maintaining the undifferentiated state of cells in the dermomyotome prior to their entry into the myotome. ..
- Barlow D, Green N, Kurkinen M, Hogan B. Sequencing of laminin B chain cDNAs reveals C-terminal regions of coiled-coil alpha-helix. EMBO J. 1984;3:2355-62 pubmed..Such a repeat is typical of the coiled-coil alpha-helices found in proteins such as myosin, tropomyosin and desmin (2-stranded) and fibrinogen (3-stranded). ..
- Oberbäumer I. New pUC-derived expression vectors for rapid construction of cDNA libraries. Gene. 1986;49:81-91 pubmed..Cell. Biol. 2 (1982) 161-170] method. We have successfully used this system to obtain cDNA clones coding for the different chains of the large basement membrane proteins type IV collagen and laminin. ..
- Kalkhof S, Witte K, Ihling C, Müller M, Keller M, Haehn S, et al. A novel disulfide pattern in laminin-type epidermal growth factor-like (LE) modules of laminin ?1 and ?1 chains. Biochemistry. 2010;49:8359-66 pubmed publisher..This suggests that LE domains differing in function also differ in their disulfide patterns. ..
- Kikkawa Y, Virtanen I, Miner J. Mesangial cells organize the glomerular capillaries by adhering to the G domain of laminin alpha5 in the glomerular basement membrane. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:187-96 pubmed..Our results elucidate a mechanism whereby mesangial cells organize the glomerular capillaries by adhering to the G domain of laminin alpha5 in the GBM. ..
- Lee C, Gilbert D, O Brien W, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Localization of a novel, LPS-inducible member of the thymidylate kinase family to mouse chromosome 12. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:742-3 pubmed
- Yamazaki K, Mizui Y, Sagane K, Tanaka I. Genetic mapping of mouse tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) to chromosome 12. Genomics. 1998;49:336-7 pubmed
- Lentz S, Miner J, Sanes J, Snider W. Distribution of the ten known laminin chains in the pathways and targets of developing sensory axons. J Comp Neurol. 1997;378:547-61 pubmed..g., gamma 1), continue to be expressed by Schwann cells into adulthood. In contrast to peripheral nerves and ganglia, laminin chains are expressed at low levels, if at all, in the developing spinal cord gray matter. ..
- Lopez Escobar B, De Felipe B, Sánchez Alcázar J, Sasaki T, Copp A, Ybot Gonzalez P. Laminin and integrin expression in the ventral ectodermal ridge of the mouse embryo: implications for regulation of BMP signalling. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1808-15 pubmed publisher..Laminin532 could interact with Î±6-containing integrin to direct differentiation of the specialised VER cells from surface ectoderm. ..
- Little M, Brennan J, Georgas K, Davies J, Davidson D, Baldock R, et al. A high-resolution anatomical ontology of the developing murine genitourinary tract. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:680-99 pubmed..Visual examples of how terms appear in different specimen types are also provided...
- Mattei M, Weil D, Pribula Conway D, Bernard M, Passage E, Van Cong N, et al. cDNA cloning, expression and mapping of human laminin B2 gene to chromosome 1q31. Hum Genet. 1988;79:235-41 pubmed..In situ hybridization of the cDNA with metaphase chromosome spreads confirmed the assignment and further mapped the human laminin B2 chain gene to the long arm of chromosome 1 in the band q31. ..