Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: L selectin
Description: selectin, lymphocyte
Alias: AI528707, CD62L, L-selectin, LECAM-1, Lnhr, Ly-22, Ly-m22, Lyam-1, Lyam1, L-selectin, CD62 antigen-like family member L, LAM-1, LECAM1, leukocyte adhesion molecule 1, leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1, lymph node homing receptor, lymphocyte antigen 22, lymphocyte surface MEL-14 antigen
Products: L selectin
- Kanwar S, Steeber D, Tedder T, Hickey M, Kubes P. Overlapping roles for L-selectin and P-selectin in antigen-induced immune responses in the microvasculature. J Immunol. 1999;162:2709-16 pubmed..In conclusion, leukocyte rolling is L-selectin-dependent post-Ag challenge with L-selectin and P-selectin sharing overlapping functions. ..
- Steeber D, Campbell M, Basit A, Ley K, Tedder T. Optimal selectin-mediated rolling of leukocytes during inflammation in vivo requires intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:7562-7 pubmed..Thus, members of the selectin and Ig families function synergistically to mediate optimal leukocyte rolling in vivo, which is essential for the generation of effective inflammatory responses. ..
- Xu J, Grewal I, Geba G, Flavell R. Impaired primary T cell responses in L-selectin-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1996;183:589-98 pubmed..L-selectin does not appear to be rate limiting for the events leading to antigen-driven neutrophil recruitment, since normal DTH responses are obtained at late time points after immunization. ..
- Singer M, Rosen S. Purification and quantification of L-selectin-reactive GlyCAM-1 from mouse serum. J Immunol Methods. 1996;196:153-61 pubmed..This material may now be used to address the biological functions of GlyCAM-1 and to further define its structural features. ..
- Tang M, Hale L, Steeber D, Tedder T. L-selectin is involved in lymphocyte migration to sites of inflammation in the skin: delayed rejection of allografts in L-selectin-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1997;158:5191-9 pubmed..These findings delineate an important role for L-selectin in lymphocyte recruitment to cutaneous sites of inflammation. ..
- Sperandio M, Smith M, Forlow S, Olson T, Xia L, McEver R, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 mediates L-selectin-dependent leukocyte rolling in venules. J Exp Med. 2003;197:1355-63 pubmed..L-selectin binding to PSGL-1 initiates tethering events that enable L-selectin-independent leukocyte-endothelial interactions. These findings provide a molecular mechanism for the inflammatory defects seen in L-selectin-deficient mice. ..
- Nakano H, Yanagita M, Gunn M. CD11c(+)B220(+)Gr-1(+) cells in mouse lymph nodes and spleen display characteristics of plasmacytoid dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2001;194:1171-8 pubmed..These cells also display a strain-specific variation in frequency, being fivefold increased in the LNs of BALB/c relative to C57BL/6 mice. These CD11c(+)CD11b(-)B220(+)Gr-1(+) cells appear to be the murine equivalent of human pDCs. ..
- Eriksson E, Xie X, Werr J, Thoren P, Lindbom L. Importance of primary capture and L-selectin-dependent secondary capture in leukocyte accumulation in inflammation and atherosclerosis in vivo. J Exp Med. 2001;194:205-18 pubmed..What is more, secondary capture occurs on atherosclerotic lesions, a fact that provides the first evidence for roles of L-selectin in leukocyte accumulation in atherogenesis. ..
- Hafezi Moghadam A, Thomas K, Prorock A, Huo Y, Ley K. L-selectin shedding regulates leukocyte recruitment. J Exp Med. 2001;193:863-72 pubmed..These observations help to resolve the apparent discrepancy between the minor contribution of L-selectin to rolling and the significant leukocyte recruitment defect in L-selectin knockout mice. ..
- Tang M, Steeber D, Zhang X, Tedder T. Intrinsic differences in L-selectin expression levels affect T and B lymphocyte subset-specific recirculation pathways. J Immunol. 1998;160:5113-21 pubmed..Thus, the differential migration of T and B lymphocyte subsets to lymphoid tissues is regulated in part by subset-specific differences in L-selectin expression levels. ..
- Catalina M, Carroll M, Arizpe H, Takashima A, Estess P, Siegelman M. The route of antigen entry determines the requirement for L-selectin during immune responses. J Exp Med. 1996;184:2341-51 pubmed
- Siegelman M, Cheng I, Weissman I, Wakeland E. The mouse lymph node homing receptor is identical with the lymphocyte cell surface marker Ly-22: role of the EGF domain in endothelial binding. Cell. 1990;61:611-22 pubmedThe lymph node homing receptor core polypeptide (mLHRc) is composed of a tandem collection of domains: a lectin domain, an epidermal growth factor (EGF) domain, and two repeats common in complement regulatory proteins...
- Tu L, Poe J, Kadono T, Venturi G, Bullard D, Tedder T, et al. A functional role for circulating mouse L-selectin in regulating leukocyte/endothelial cell interactions in vivo. J Immunol. 2002;169:2034-43 pubmed..These results suggest that sL-selectin influences lymphocyte migration in vivo and that the increased sL-selectin levels present in certain pathologic conditions may adversely affect leukocyte migration. ..
- Steeber D, Green N, Sato S, Tedder T. Lyphocyte migration in L-selectin-deficient mice. Altered subset migration and aging of the immune system. J Immunol. 1996;157:1096-106 pubmed..Therefore, L-selectin-dependent pathways of lymphocyte migration are important for the normal migration of both naive and memory lymphocytes. ..
- Kedzierska K, Venturi V, Field K, Davenport M, Turner S, Doherty P. Early establishment of diverse T cell receptor profiles for influenza-specific CD8(+)CD62L(hi) memory T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9184-9 pubmed..prominent clonotypes bearing "public" or "shared" T cell receptors (TCRs) subset early into CD62L(hi) and CD62L(lo) populations...
- Siegelman M, van de Rijn M, Weissman I. Mouse lymph node homing receptor cDNA clone encodes a glycoprotein revealing tandem interaction domains. Science. 1989;243:1165-72 pubmedIsolation of a clone encoding the mouse lymph node homing receptor reveals a deduced protein with an unusual protein mosaic architecture, containing a separate carbohydrate-binding (lectin) domain, an epidermal growth factor-like (EGF) ..
- Hickey M, Forster M, Mitchell D, Kaur J, De Caigny C, Kubes P. L-selectin facilitates emigration and extravascular locomotion of leukocytes during acute inflammatory responses in vivo. J Immunol. 2000;165:7164-70 pubmed..These findings indicate that L-selectin is important in enabling leukocytes to respond effectively to chemotactic stimuli in inflamed tissues. ..
- Arbones M, Ord D, Ley K, Ratech H, Maynard Curry C, Otten G, et al. Lymphocyte homing and leukocyte rolling and migration are impaired in L-selectin-deficient mice. Immunity. 1994;1:247-60 pubmed..Thus, L-selectin plays an essential role in leukocyte homing to lymphoid tissues and sites of inflammation. ..
- Eriksson E. No detectable endothelial- or leukocyte-derived L-selectin ligand activity on the endothelium in inflamed cremaster muscle venules. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:93-103 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that expression of L-selectin on leukocytes is insufficient for mediating rolling and efficient recruitment of leukocytes in inflammation. ..
- Ridger V, Hellewell P, Norman K. L- and P-selectins collaborate to support leukocyte rolling in vivo when high-affinity P-selectin-P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 interaction is inhibited. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:945-52 pubmed..Together these data suggest that leukocytes can continue to roll in the absence of optimal P-selectin/PSGL-1 interaction using an alternative mechanism that involves P-selectin-, L-selectin-, and sLe(x)-bearing ligands. ..
- Galkina E, Kadl A, Sanders J, Varughese D, Sarembock I, Ley K. Lymphocyte recruitment into the aortic wall before and during development of atherosclerosis is partially L-selectin dependent. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1273-82 pubmed..Atherosclerosis induces the recruitment of macrophages and dendritic cells that support antigen presentation. ..
- Steeber D, Green N, Sato S, Tedder T. Humoral immune responses in L-selectin-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1996;157:4899-907 pubmed
- Jung U, Ley K. Mice lacking two or all three selectins demonstrate overlapping and distinct functions for each selectin. J Immunol. 1999;162:6755-62 pubmed..We conclude that any one of the selectins can support some neutrophil recruitment but eliminating all three selectins significantly impairs neutrophil recruitment. ..
- Ellies L, Tsuboi S, Petryniak B, Lowe J, Fukuda M, Marth J. Core 2 oligosaccharide biosynthesis distinguishes between selectin ligands essential for leukocyte homing and inflammation. Immunity. 1998;9:881-90 pubmed..These studies indicate that core 2 oligosaccharide biosynthesis segregates the physiologic roles of selectins and reveal a function for the C2 GlcNAcT in myeloid homeostasis and inflammation. ..
- Tedder T, Steeber D, Pizcueta P. L-selectin-deficient mice have impaired leukocyte recruitment into inflammatory sites. J Exp Med. 1995;181:2259-64 pubmed..These results demonstrate that L-selectin plays a prominent role in leukocyte homing to nonlymphoid tissues during inflammation and that blocking this process can be beneficial during pathological inflammatory responses. ..
- Dang X, Raffler N, Ley K. Transcriptional regulation of mouse L-selectin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1789:146-52 pubmed publisher..Silencing the expression of Sp1 by siRNA significantly decreased sell promoter activity in EL4 cells. We conclude that sell transcription is regulated by Mzf1, Klf2, Sp1, Ets1, and Irf1. ..
- Marie J, Liggitt D, Rudensky A. Cellular mechanisms of fatal early-onset autoimmunity in mice with the T cell-specific targeting of transforming growth factor-beta receptor. Immunity. 2006;25:441-54 pubmed..Thus, TGF-beta signaling in peripheral T cells is crucial in restraining TCR activation-dependent Th1, cytotoxic, and NK cell-like differentiation program which, when left unchecked, leads to rapidly progressing fatal autoimmunity. ..
- Martin A, Coronel E, Sano G, Chen S, Vassileva G, Canasto Chibuque C, et al. A novel model for lymphocytic infiltration of the thyroid gland generated by transgenic expression of the CC chemokine CCL21. J Immunol. 2004;173:4791-8 pubmed
- Yoon H, Legge K, Sung S, Braciale T. Sequential activation of CD8+ T cells in the draining lymph nodes in response to pulmonary virus infection. J Immunol. 2007;179:391-9 pubmed..e., peak migration for A/JAPAN at 18 h, A/PR8 at 24-36 h). Furthermore, in vivo administration of blocking anti-CD62L Ab at various time points before/after infection revealed that the virus-specific CD8+ T cells entered the DLN and ..
- Stadtmann A, Germena G, Block H, Boras M, Rossaint J, Sundd P, et al. The PSGL-1-L-selectin signaling complex regulates neutrophil adhesion under flow. J Exp Med. 2013;210:2171-80 pubmed publisher..We conclude that this is a signaling complex specialized for sensing adhesion under flow. ..
- Prakobphol A, Genbacev O, Gormley M, Kapidzic M, Fisher S. A role for the L-selectin adhesion system in mediating cytotrophoblast emigration from the placenta. Dev Biol. 2006;298:107-17 pubmed..This type of adhesion may also facilitate CTB exit from cell columns, a prerequisite for uterine invasion. ..
- Ludwig R, Bergmann P, Garbaraviciene J, von Stebut E, Radeke H, Gille J, et al. Platelet, not endothelial, P-selectin expression contributes to generation of immunity in cutaneous contact hypersensitivity. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1339-45 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that platelet, not endothelial, P-selectin contributes to generation of immunity in DNFB-induced contact hypersensitivity. ..
- Galkina E, Tanousis K, Preece G, Tolaini M, Kioussis D, Florey O, et al. L-selectin shedding does not regulate constitutive T cell trafficking but controls the migration pathways of antigen-activated T lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1323-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the ability to shed L-selectin is not required for T cell recirculation and homing to PLNs. However, L-selectin shedding from antigen-activated T cells prevents reentry into PLNs. ..
- Borsig L, Wong R, Hynes R, Varki N, Varki A. Synergistic effects of L- and P-selectin in facilitating tumor metastasis can involve non-mucin ligands and implicate leukocytes as enhancers of metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2193-8 pubmed..Thus, L-selectin on neutrophils, monocytes, and/or NK cells has a role in facilitating metastasis, acting beyond the early time points wherein P-selectin mediates interactions of platelet with tumor cells. ..
- Bae S, Shimizu K, Yozaki M, Yamaoka T, Akiyama Y, Yoshizaki A, et al. Involvement of L-selectin in contact hypersensitivity responses augmented by auditory stress. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:187-97 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that auditory stress enhances CH response and that the augmentation of this CH response might be mediated through L-selectin, but not through P- or E-selectin pathways. ..
- Cho S, Spangrude G. Enrichment of functionally distinct mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell populations using CD62L. J Immunol. 2011;187:5203-10 pubmed publisher..We report that the surface glycoprotein CD62L can be characterized as a novel marker of this and other stages of early hematopoietic differentiation...
- Patnode M, Yu S, Cheng C, Ho M, Tegesjö L, Sakuma K, et al. KSGal6ST generates galactose-6-O-sulfate in high endothelial venules but does not contribute to L-selectin-dependent lymphocyte homing. Glycobiology. 2013;23:381-94 pubmed publisher..These results refine our understanding of the biological ligands for L-selectin and introduce a mouse model for investigating the functions of Gal6S in other contexts. ..
- Stark M, Huo Y, Burcin T, Morris M, Olson T, Ley K. Phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils regulates granulopoiesis via IL-23 and IL-17. Immunity. 2005;22:285-94 pubmed..Antibody blockade of the p40 subunit of IL-23 reduces neutrophil numbers in wild-type mice. These findings identify a major homeostatic mechanism for the regulation of neutrophil production in vivo. ..
- Albiero M, Poncina N, Tjwa M, Ciciliot S, Menegazzo L, Ceolotto G, et al. Diabetes causes bone marrow autonomic neuropathy and impairs stem cell mobilization via dysregulated p66Shc and Sirt1. Diabetes. 2014;63:1353-65 pubmed publisher..p66Shc and Sirt1, diabetes and sympathectomy elevated the expression of various adhesion molecules, including CD62L. CD62L KO partially rescued the defective stem/progenitor cell mobilization...
- Matsuzaki J, Tsuji T, Chamoto K, Takeshima T, Sendo F, Nishimura T. Successful elimination of memory-type CD8+ T cell subsets by the administration of anti-Gr-1 monoclonal antibody in vivo. Cell Immunol. 2003;224:98-105 pubmed..antigen on various subsets of mouse spleen cells, we found that Gr-1 was expressed on memory-type CD8(+)CD44(high)CD62L(high) T cells in addition to granulocytes...
- Nicholson I. CD62L (L-selectin). J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2002;16:144-6 pubmed
- Hicke B, Watson S, Koenig A, Lynott C, Bargatze R, Chang Y, et al. DNA aptamers block L-selectin function in vivo. Inhibition of human lymphocyte trafficking in SCID mice. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:2688-92 pubmed..These aptamers also block L-selectin-dependent lymphocyte trafficking in vivo, indicating their potential utility as therapeutics. ..
- Szanya V, Ermann J, Taylor C, Holness C, Fathman C. The subpopulation of CD4+CD25+ splenocytes that delays adoptive transfer of diabetes expresses L-selectin and high levels of CCR7. J Immunol. 2002;169:2461-5 pubmed..Furthermore, CD62L expression is necessary for this disease-delaying effect of CD4(+)CD25(+) cells in vivo, but not for their ..
- Czarneski J, Berguer P, Bekinschtein P, Kim D, Hakimpour P, Wagner N, et al. Neonatal infection with a milk-borne virus is independent of beta7 integrin- and L-selectin-expressing lymphocytes. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:945-56 pubmed..These results suggest that adhesion molecules other than beta7 integrin or L-selectin play a role in lymphocyte homing in the gut, peripheral lymph nodes and mammary gland in response to MMTV infection. ..
- Lawson J, Burns A, Farhood A, Lynn Bajt M, Collins R, Smith C, et al. Pathophysiologic importance of E- and L-selectin for neutrophil-induced liver injury during endotoxemia in mice. Hepatology. 2000;32:990-8 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that blocking E-selectin or eliminating this gene may have protected against Gal/ET-induced liver injury in vivo by inhibiting the full activation of neutrophils during the transmigration process. ..
- Grewal I, Foellmer H, Grewal K, Wang H, Lee W, Tumas D, et al. CD62L is required on effector cells for local interactions in the CNS to cause myelin damage in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. Immunity. 2001;14:291-302 pubmed..The role of the adhesion molecule CD62L (L-selectin) in the immunopathology of EAE is not known...
- Papayannopoulou T, Priestley G, Nakamoto B, Zafiropoulos V, Scott L. Molecular pathways in bone marrow homing: dominant role of alpha(4)beta(1) over beta(2)-integrins and selectins. Blood. 2001;98:2403-11 pubmed
- Komura K, Hasegawa M, Hamaguchi Y, Saito E, Kaburagi Y, Yanaba K, et al. Ultraviolet light exposure suppresses contact hypersensitivity by abrogating endothelial intercellular adhesion molecule-1 up-regulation at the elicitation site. J Immunol. 2003;171:2855-62 pubmed..These results indicate that UV exposure inhibits CHS by abrogating up-regulation of endothelial ICAM-1 expression after Ag challenge at elicitation sites. ..
- Bernal A, San Martin N, Fernandez M, Covarello D, Molla F, Soldo A, et al. L-selectin and SDF-1 enhance the migration of mouse and human cardiac mesoangioblasts. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:345-55 pubmed publisher..This study defines the requirements for efficient homing of cardiac mesoangioblasts to the damaged heart and offers a new potent tool to optimize efficiency of future cell therapy protocols for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Morse H, Shen F, Hammerling U. Genetic nomenclature for loci controlling mouse lymphocyte antigens. Immunogenetics. 1987;25:71-8 pubmed
- Kimura S, Tada N, Furze J, Festenstein H. Ly-33: a new lymphocyte alloantigen controlled by a gene linked to Ly-17 locus on mouse chromosome 1. Immunogenetics. 1987;26:315-6 pubmed
- Angeli V, Ginhoux F, Llodra J, Quemeneur L, Frenette P, Skobe M, et al. B cell-driven lymphangiogenesis in inflamed lymph nodes enhances dendritic cell mobilization. Immunity. 2006;24:203-15 pubmed..Knowledge that DC migration from the periphery is augmented by B cell-dependent signals reveals new potential strategies to increase DC migration during vaccination. ..
- Kamata M, Tada Y, Mitsui A, Shibata S, Miyagaki T, Asano Y, et al. ICAM-1 deficiency exacerbates sarcoid-like granulomatosis induced by Propionibacterium acnes through impaired IL-10 production by regulatory T cells. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:1731-1739 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ICAM-1 is imperative for inducing regulatory T cells to produce IL-10 in vivo, which would prevent granuloma formation. ..
- Michalides R, Verstraeten R, Shen F, Hilgers J. Characterization and chromosomal distribution of endogenous mouse mammary tumor viruses of European mouse strains STS/A and GR/A. Virology. 1985;142:278-90 pubmed..R. Callahan, D. Gallahan, and Ch. Kozak (1984), J. Virol. 49, 1005-1008). GR and GR.Mtv-2 furthermore contain two incomplete MMTV proviral elements, one of which is also present in STS/A. ..
- Qian J, Huang X, Marks R. Cloning of the cDNA for rabbit L-selectin and expression of recombinant protein with a kinase target site to facilitate radiolabeling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;225:406-12 pubmed..Amino-terminal peptide sequencing of recombinant L-Selectin confirmed that the signal peptide had been removed at the expected site. ..
- Dowbenko D, Diep A, Taylor B, Lusis A, Lasky L. Characterization of the murine homing receptor gene reveals correspondence between protein domains and coding exons. Genomics. 1991;9:270-7 pubmed
- Wang L, Chen B, Plautz G. Adoptive immunotherapy of advanced tumors with CD62 L-selectin(low) tumor-sensitized T lymphocytes following ex vivo hyperexpansion. J Immunol. 2002;169:3314-20 pubmedTumor-draining lymph nodes (TDLN) contain sensitized T cells with the phenotype CD62 L-selectin(low) (CD62L(low)) that can be activated ex vivo with anti-CD3 mAb and IL-2 to acquire potent dose-dependent effector function manifested upon ..
- Schlub T, Badovinac V, Sabel J, Harty J, Davenport M. Predicting CD62L expression during the CD8+ T-cell response in vivo. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:157-64 pubmed publisher..has been used to study the differentiation of these memory subsets, which are often discriminated by expression of CD62L. Naive CD8(+) T cells are CD62L(high), and CD62L expression is lost during the 'effector' phase...
- Moriggl R, Topham D, Teglund S, Sexl V, McKay C, Wang D, et al. Stat5 is required for IL-2-induced cell cycle progression of peripheral T cells. Immunity. 1999;10:249-59 pubmed..These phenotypes are not seen in mice lacking Stat5a or Stat5b alone. The results demonstrate that the Stat5 proteins, redundantly, are essential mediators of IL-2 signaling in T cells. ..
- Bai A, Hu H, Yeung M, Chen J. Kruppel-like factor 2 controls T cell trafficking by activating L-selectin (CD62L) and sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 transcription. J Immunol. 2007;178:7632-9 pubmed..In this study, we show that in reporter gene assays KLF2 directly activates the promoters of both CD62L and sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 (S1P1), whose expression is critical for T cell egress from the thymus and ..
- Kaburagi Y, Hasegawa M, Nagaoka T, Shimada Y, Hamaguchi Y, Komura K, et al. The cutaneous reverse Arthus reaction requires intercellular adhesion molecule 1 and L-selectin expression. J Immunol. 2002;168:2970-8 pubmed
- Forlow S, Ley K. Selectin-independent leukocyte rolling and adhesion in mice deficient in E-, P-, and L-selectin and ICAM-1. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;280:H634-41 pubmed..Comparison of our data with mice lacking individual or other combinations of adhesion molecules reveal that elimination of more adhesion molecules further reduces leukocyte recruitment but the effect is less than additive...
- Yukami T, Hasegawa M, Matsushita Y, Fujita T, Matsushita T, Horikawa M, et al. Endothelial selectins regulate skin wound healing in cooperation with L-selectin and ICAM-1. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:519-31 pubmed..These results indicate that skin wound healing is regulated cooperatively by all selectins and ICAM-1 and may provide critical information for the therapy of skin wounds. ..
- Moore T, Clay B, Cannon J, Histed A, Shilling R, Sperling A. Inducible costimulator controls migration of T cells to the lungs via down-regulation of CCR7 and CD62L. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:843-50 pubmed publisher..that activated ICOS(-/-) CD4 T cells express higher concentrations of the lymph node homing receptors, CCR7 and CD62L, than do wild-type CD4 T cells, leading to a preferential return of ICOS(-/-) cells to the nondraining lymph nodes ..
- Carvalho A, Sousa R, Franco A, Costa J, Neves L, Ribeiro R, et al. Protective effects of fucoidan, a P- and L-selectin inhibitor, in murine acute pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2014;43:82-7 pubmed publisher..Fucoidan reduced the severity of acute pancreatitis in mice by decreasing neutrophil infiltration and systemic inflammation, suggesting that modulation of selectins may constitute a promising therapeutic approach. ..
- Rosenzweig H, Martin T, Jann M, Planck S, Davey M, Kobayashi K, et al. NOD2, the gene responsible for familial granulomatous uveitis, in a mouse model of uveitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:1518-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, innate immune responses mediated by NOD2 may participate in the development of uveitis in response to bacterial products. ..
- Ferri L, Chia S, Benay C, Giannias B, Christou N. L-selectin shedding in sepsis limits leukocyte mediated microvascular injury at remote sites. Surgery. 2009;145:384-91 pubmed publisher..Failure to shed L-selectin may increase leukocyte-mediated end-organ injury in septic patients. ..
- Komura K, Iwata Y, Ogawa F, Yoshizaki A, Yamaoka T, Akiyama Y, et al. Low zone tolerance requires ICAM-1 expression to limit contact hypersensitivity elicitation. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2661-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that low-dose tolerization controls CHS by abrogating ICAM-1 upregulation during the elicitation phase. ..
- Rosenkranz A, Mayadas T. Leukocyte-endothelial cell interactions - lessons from knockout mice. Exp Nephrol. 1999;7:125-36 pubmed..Second, we discuss models of experimental glomerulonephritis and what we have learned about leukocyte adhesion receptors in the pathogenesis of glomerulonephritis through studies in knockout mice. ..
- Sarraj B, Ludanyi K, Glant T, Finnegan A, Mikecz K. Expression of CD44 and L-selectin in the innate immune system is required for severe joint inflammation in the proteoglycan-induced murine model of rheumatoid arthritis. J Immunol. 2006;177:1932-40 pubmed..L-selectin (CD62L) and CD44 are major adhesion molecules on leukocytes that regulate their homing to lymph nodes and entry into ..
- Makui H, Soares R, Jiang W, Constante M, Santos M. Contribution of Hfe expression in macrophages to the regulation of hepatic hepcidin levels and iron loading. Blood. 2005;106:2189-95 pubmed..Our results suggest that macrophage Hfe participates in the regulation of splenic and liver iron concentrations and liver hepcidin expression. ..
- Richards H, Longhi M, Wright K, Gallimore A, Ager A. CD62L (L-selectin) down-regulation does not affect memory T cell distribution but failure to shed compromises anti-viral immunity. J Immunol. 2008;180:198-206 pubmedThe down-regulation of CD62L that accompanies T lymphocyte activation is thought to redirect cells away from lymph nodes to sites of infection...
- Ho J, Kurtz C, Naganuma M, Ernst P, Cominelli F, Rivera Nieves J. A CD8+/CD103high T cell subset regulates TNF-mediated chronic murine ileitis. J Immunol. 2008;180:2573-80 pubmed..These inflammation-driven populations exert distinct roles during the development of chronic ileitis, and influence the balance of effector and regulatory functions in the chronically inflamed small intestine. ..
- Collins R, Jung U, Ramirez M, Bullard D, Hicks M, Smith C, et al. Dermal and pulmonary inflammatory disease in E-selectin and P-selectin double-null mice is reduced in triple-selectin-null mice. Blood. 2001;98:727-35 pubmed..The occurrence of skin and pulmonary disease in E/P double-mutant mice but not E/L/P triple-mutant mice suggests that deficiency of L-selectin alters the inflammatory response in E/P mutants. (Blood. 2001;98:727-735) ..
- Chen S, Kawashima H, Lowe J, Lanier L, Fukuda M. Suppression of tumor formation in lymph nodes by L-selectin-mediated natural killer cell recruitment. J Exp Med. 2005;202:1679-89 pubmed..These findings indicate that L-selectin-mediated NK cell recruitment plays a crucial role in the control of tumor metastasis into secondary lymphoid organs. ..