Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Krt71
Description: keratin 71
Alias: AA589543, Cal4, Krt2-6g, mK6irs, mK6irs1, keratin, type II cytoskeletal 71, CK-6G, CK-71, K6G, K71, caracul, cytokeratin-6G, cytokeratin-71, keratin complex 2, basic, gene 6g, keratin complex 2, gene 6g, keratin-6G, mK6irs1/Krt2-6g, type II inner root sheath-specific keratin-K6irs1, type-II keratin Kb34
- Wallace M, Mallyon S. Unusual recombination values and the mapping of the lethal miniature in the house mouse. Genet Res. 1972;20:257-62 pubmed
- Runkel F, Klaften M, Koch K, Böhnert V, Bussow H, Fuchs H, et al. Morphologic and molecular characterization of two novel Krt71 (Krt2-6g) mutations: Krt71rco12 and Krt71rco13. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:1172-82 pubmed..mutations were mapped to mouse Chromosome 15 and identified as missense point mutations in the first exon of the Krt71 (formerly called Krt2-6g) gene causing alterations of amino acid residue 143 from alanine to glycine (Rco12) and ..
- Lane P, Liu H. Association of megacolon with a new dominant spotting gene (Dom) in the mouse. J Hered. 1984;75:435-9 pubmed..6 +/- 1.6 units proximal to Ca. Hairy ears, Eh, a semidominant gene also on chr 15 is shown to have a suppressing effect on crossing over in this section of chr 15. ..
- Sweet H, Green M. Progressive ankylosis, a new skeletal mutation in the mouse. J Hered. 1981;72:87-93 pubmed..The new mutation is closely linked, with about 4 percent recombination, to underwhite on chr 15. ..
- Stieler C, Hollander W. Location of the velvet coat mutant in linkage group VI of the mouse. J Hered. 1972;63:212-4 pubmed
- Sidman R, Kinney H, Sweet H. Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy in the gray tremor mutant mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1985;82:253-7 pubmedGray tremor (gt) is an autosomal recessive mutation in the mouse linked to caracul (Ca) on chromosome 15...
- Kiso M, Tanaka S, Saba R, Matsuda S, Shimizu A, Ohyama M, et al. The disruption of Sox21-mediated hair shaft cuticle differentiation causes cyclic alopecia in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9292-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Sox21 is a master regulator of hair shaft cuticle differentiation and shed light on the possible causes of human hair disorders. ..
- Aoki N, Sawada S, Rogers M, Schweizer J, Shimomura Y, Tsujimoto T, et al. A novel type II cytokeratin, mK6irs, is expressed in the Huxley and Henle layers of the mouse inner root sheath. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;116:359-65 pubmed..Taken together the sum of the data analyzed, we have termed this novel cytokeratin mK6irs (mouse gene nomenclature k2-6g) to indicate both its similar mobility with K6 in two-dimensional gels and its ..
- Jin C, Chen J, Meng Q, Carreira V, Tam N, Geh E, et al. Deciphering gene expression program of MAP3K1 in mouse eyelid morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;374:96-107 pubmed publisher..Using LCM and expression array, our studies have uncovered novel molecular signatures of MAP3K1 in embryonic eyelid closure. ..
- Beier D, Morton C, Leder A, Wallace R, Leder P. Perinatal lethality (ple): a mutation caused by integration of a transgene into distal mouse chromosome 15. Genomics. 1989;4:498-504 pubmed..15 by in situ analysis and is tightly linked genetically to a cluster of loci that include the mutations caracul (Ca) and microcytic anemia (mk)...
- Porter R, Corden L, Lunny D, Smith F, Lane E, McLean W. Keratin K6irs is specific to the inner root sheath of hair follicles in mice and humans. Br J Dermatol. 2001;145:558-68 pubmed..In addition, this keratin represents a new candidate gene for inherited structural hair defects such as loose anagen syndrome. ..
- Tanaka S, Miura I, Yoshiki A, Kato Y, Yokoyama H, Shinogi A, et al. Mutations in the helix termination motif of mouse type I IRS keratin genes impair the assembly of keratin intermediate filament. Genomics. 2007;90:703-11 pubmed..analysis revealed abnormal foam-like immunoreactivity with an antibody raised to type II IRS keratin K71 in the IRS of Re/+ mice...
- Teicher L, Caspari E. The genetics of blind--a lethal factor in mice. J Hered. 1978;69:86-90 pubmed..Evidence is presented for the presence of X-linked modifiers affecting the penetrance and possible increased viability of Bld in strain DBA. ..
- Handa S, Ferguson J, Wallace M, Bulfield G. Characterization and mapping of a viable anaemic mutant in the mouse: a new allele, mkvan, at the microcytic anaemia locus. Genet Res. 1988;51:41-5 pubmed
- Noebels J, Qiao X, Bronson R, Spencer C, Davisson M. Stargazer: a new neurological mutant on chromosome 15 in the mouse with prolonged cortical seizures. Epilepsy Res. 1990;7:129-35 pubmed
- Davisson M, Roderick T, Akeson E, Hawes N, Sweet H. The hairy ears (Eh) mutation is closely associated with a chromosomal rearrangement in mouse chromosome 15. Genet Res. 1990;56:167-78 pubmed..it shows tight linkage with several loci occupying the region extending from congenital goiter (cog) distal to caracul (Ca)...