Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Klrc1
Description: killer cell lectin-like receptor subfamily C, member 1
Alias: CD159a, NKG2A, NKG2B, NKG2-A/NKG2-B type II integral membrane protein, Cluster of Differentiation 159a
- Lassen M, Lukens J, Dolina J, Brown M, Hahn Y. Intrahepatic IL-10 maintains NKG2A+Ly49- liver NK cells in a functionally hyporesponsive state. J Immunol. 2010;184:2693-701 pubmed publisher..significant population of functionally hyporesponsive NK cells that express high levels of the inhibitory receptor NKG2A and lack expression of MHC class I-binding Ly49 receptors...
- Silver E, Lau J, Kane K. Molecular cloning of mouse NKG2A and C. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:727-30 pubmed
- Lieto L, Maasho K, West D, Borrego F, Coligan J. The human CD94 gene encodes multiple, expressible transcripts including a new partner of NKG2A/B. Genes Immun. 2006;7:36-43 pubmed..The nkg2a gene encodes two isoforms, NKG2A and NKG2B, with the latter lacking the stem region...
- Ely K, Matsuoka M, Deberge M, Ruby J, Liu J, Schneider M, et al. Tissue-protective effects of NKG2A in immune-mediated clearance of virus infection. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108385 pubmed publisher..The ligand for the inhibitory receptor, NKG2A, is the non-classical MHC-I molecule Qa1(b), which may also serve as a putative restricting element for the T cell ..
- Liu J, Liu S, Xia M, Xu S, Wang C, Bao Y, et al. Rhomboid domain-containing protein 3 is a negative regulator of TLR3-triggered natural killer cell activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7814-9 pubmed publisher..Our study outlines a mechanism for the negative regulation of NK cell activation and also provides clues for the function of the rhomboid proteins in immunity. ..
- van Bergen J, Thompson A, van Pel M, RetiÃ¨re C, Salvatori D, Raulet D, et al. HLA reduces killer cell Ig-like receptor expression level and frequency in a humanized mouse model. J Immunol. 2013;190:2880-5 pubmed publisher..In addition, in the presence of HLA-Cw3, the frequency of NKG2A(+) cells and the surface expression levels of NKG2A were reduced...
- Cush S, Flano E. KLRG1+NKG2A+ CD8 T cells mediate protection and participate in memory responses during ?-herpesvirus infection. J Immunol. 2011;186:4051-8 pubmed publisher..75% of ?HV68-specific CD8 T cells coexpress the NK receptors killer cell lectin-like receptor G1 (KLRG1) and NKG2A. In this study, we take advantage of this unique phenotype to analyze the capacity of CD8 T cells expressing or ..
- Orr M, Wu J, Fang M, Sigal L, Spee P, Egebjerg T, et al. Development and function of CD94-deficient natural killer cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15184 pubmed publisherThe CD94 transmembrane-anchored glycoprotein forms disulfide-bonded heterodimers with the NKG2A subunit to form an inhibitory receptor or with the NKG2C or NKG2E subunits to assemble a receptor complex with activating DAP12 signaling ..
- Colmenero P, Zhang A, Qian T, Lu L, Cantor H, Soderstrom K, et al. Qa-1(b)-dependent modulation of dendritic cell and NK cell cross-talk in vivo. J Immunol. 2007;179:4608-15 pubmed..In this study, we analyzed whether the interaction between Qa-1(b) expressed on DC and its CD94/NKG2A receptor on NK cells affects this process...
- Ota T, Takeda K, Akiba H, Hayakawa Y, Ogasawara K, Ikarashi Y, et al. IFN-gamma-mediated negative feedback regulation of NKT-cell function by CD94/NKG2. Blood. 2005;106:184-92 pubmed..Here we show that the CD94/NKG2A inhibitory receptor plays a critical role in down-regulating iNKT-cell responses...
- Byers A, Andrews N, Lukacher A. CD94/NKG2A expression is associated with proliferative potential of CD8 T cells during persistent polyoma virus infection. J Immunol. 2006;176:6121-9 pubmed..infection, the majority of persistence-phase antiviral CD8 T cells express the inhibitory NK cell receptor CD94/NKG2A. In this study, we asked whether CD94/NKG2A expression is associated with Ag-specific recall of polyoma virus-..
- Roda Navarro P, Arce I, Renedo M, Montgomery K, Kucherlapati R, Fernández Ruiz E. Human KLRF1, a novel member of the killer cell lectin-like receptor gene family: molecular characterization, genomic structure, physical mapping to the NK gene complex and expression analysis. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:568-76 pubmed..The presence of two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory-like motifs within the cytoplasmic tail of KLRF1 suggests an inhibitory role in NK cell and monocyte activity. ..
- Chaignat E, Yahya Graison E, Henrichsen C, Chrast J, Schutz F, Pradervand S, et al. Copy number variation modifies expression time courses. Genome Res. 2011;21:106-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, modifying the copy number of a gene may potentially alter not only its expression level, but also the timing of its expression. ..
- Saether P, Westgaard I, Flornes L, Hoelsbrekken S, Ryan J, Fossum S, et al. Molecular cloning of KLRI1 and KLRI2, a novel pair of lectin-like natural killer-cell receptors with opposing signalling motifs. Immunogenetics. 2005;56:833-9 pubmed..Epitope-tagged expression constructs of rat KLRI1 and rat KLRI2 induced surface expression of a nondisulphide-linked protein of M(r) 36,000/39,000 and M(r) 34,000, respectively. ..
- Zeng L, Sullivan L, Vivian J, Walpole N, Harpur C, Rossjohn J, et al. A structural basis for antigen presentation by the MHC class Ib molecule, Qa-1b. J Immunol. 2012;188:302-10 pubmed publisher..Whereas the mode of peptide presentation by its ortholog HLA-E, and subsequent recognition by CD94-NKG2A, is known, the molecular basis of Qa-1(b) function is unclear...
- Stevenaert F, Van Beneden K, De Colvenaer V, Franki A, Debacker V, Boterberg T, et al. Ly49 and CD94/NKG2 receptor acquisition by NK cells does not require lymphotoxin-beta receptor expression. Blood. 2005;106:956-62 pubmed..These results indicate that LTbetaR-mediated signals are not required for Ly49 and CD94/NKG2 receptor acquisition. ..
- Rapaport A, Schriewer J, Gilfillan S, Hembrador E, Crump R, Plougastel B, et al. The Inhibitory Receptor NKG2A Sustains Virus-Specific CD8âº T Cells in Response to a Lethal Poxvirus Infection. Immunity. 2015;43:1112-24 pubmed publisher..Several inhibitory receptors limit the magnitude and duration of these anti-viral responses. NKG2A, which is encoded by Klrc1, is a lectin-like inhibitory receptor that is expressed as a heterodimer with CD94 on ..
- Koike J, Wakao H, Ishizuka Y, Sato T, Hamaoki M, Seino K, et al. Bone marrow allograft rejection mediated by a novel murine NK receptor, NKG2I. J Exp Med. 2004;199:137-44 pubmed..NKG2I is a novel activating receptor mediating recognition and rejection of allogeneic target cells. ..
- Hall L, Murphy C, Quinlan A, Hurley G, Shanahan F, Nally K, et al. Natural killer cells protect mice from DSS-induced colitis by regulating neutrophil function via the NKG2A receptor. Mucosal Immunol. 2013;6:1016-26 pubmed publisher..oxygen species and cytokine production, by direct cell-to-cell contact involving the NK cell-inhibitory receptor NKG2A. Our results indicate an immunoregulatory mechanism of action of NK cells attenuating DSS-induced colitis ..
- Zou Z, Zuo D, Yang J, Fan H. The ANXA1 released from intestinal epithelial cells alleviate DSS-induced colitis by improving NKG2A expression of Natural Killer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:213-220 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of NKG2A was upregulated when co-cultured with NK cells...