Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Klc2
Description: kinesin light chain 2
Alias: 8030455F02Rik, AW212649, KLC 2, KLC-2, kinesin light chain 2
- Roux K, Crisp M, Liu Q, Kim D, Kozlov S, Stewart C, et al. Nesprin 4 is an outer nuclear membrane protein that can induce kinesin-mediated cell polarization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2194-9 pubmed publisher..These effects can be accounted for entirely by Nesp4's kinesin-binding function. The implication is that Nesp4 may contribute to microtubule-dependent nuclear positioning. ..
- Du J, Wei Y, Liu L, Wang Y, Khairova R, Blumenthal R, et al. A kinesin signaling complex mediates the ability of GSK-3beta to affect mood-associated behaviors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11573-8 pubmed publisher..AMPA)-induced GluR1 and GluR2 internalization via phosphorylation of kinesin light chain 2 (KLC2), the key molecule of the kinesin cargo delivery system...
- Encalada S, Szpankowski L, Xia C, Goldstein L. Stable kinesin and dynein assemblies drive the axonal transport of mammalian prion protein vesicles. Cell. 2011;144:551-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a coordination model wherein PrP(C) vesicles maintain a stable population of associated motors whose activity is modulated by regulatory factors instead of by structural changes to motor-cargo associations. ..
- Sun F, Zhu C, Dixit R, Cavalli V. Sunday Driver/JIP3 binds kinesin heavy chain directly and enhances its motility. EMBO J. 2011;30:3416-29 pubmed publisher..This transport does not rely on syd oligomerization with itself or other JIP family members. These results establish syd as a positive regulator of kinesin activity and motility. ..
- Pernigo S, Lamprecht A, Steiner R, Dodding M. Structural basis for kinesin-1:cargo recognition. Science. 2013;340:356-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we present the crystal structure of the tetratricopeptide repeat domain of kinesin light chain 2 in complex with a cargo peptide harboring a "tryptophan-acidic" motif derived from SKIP (SifA-kinesin ..
- Lamerdin J, Stilwagen S, Ramirez M, Stubbs L, Carrano A. Sequence analysis of the ERCC2 gene regions in human, mouse, and hamster reveals three linked genes. Genomics. 1996;34:399-409 pubmed..The identification and description of two new genes provides potential candidate genes for disorders mapping to this region of 19q13.2. ..
- Nguyen T, Chenon M, Vilela F, Velours C, Aumont Nicaise M, Andreani J, et al. Structural plasticity of the N-terminal capping helix of the TPR domain of kinesin light chain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186354 pubmed publisher..We determined crystal structures of the TPR domain of both KLC1 and KLC2 encompassing the N-terminal capping helix and show that this helix exhibits two distinct and defined orientations ..