Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Klc1
Description: kinesin light chain 1
Alias: AI874768, Kns2, kinesin light chain 1, KLC 1, kinesin 2 60/70kDa
- Verhey K, Meyer D, Deehan R, Blenis J, Schnapp B, Rapoport T, et al. Cargo of kinesin identified as JIP scaffolding proteins and associated signaling molecules. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:959-70 pubmed
- Encalada S, Szpankowski L, Xia C, Goldstein L. Stable kinesin and dynein assemblies drive the axonal transport of mammalian prion protein vesicles. Cell. 2011;144:551-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a coordination model wherein PrP(C) vesicles maintain a stable population of associated motors whose activity is modulated by regulatory factors instead of by structural changes to motor-cargo associations. ..
- Dodding M, Mitter R, Humphries A, Way M. A kinesin-1 binding motif in vaccinia virus that is widespread throughout the human genome. EMBO J. 2011;30:4523-38 pubmed publisher..proteins interact with the kinesin light chain outside the context of infection and have distinct preferences for KLC1 and KLC2...
- Maruta C, Saito Y, Hata S, Gotoh N, Suzuki T, Yamamoto T. Constitutive cleavage of the single-pass transmembrane protein alcadein? prevents aberrant peripheral retention of Kinesin-1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43058 pubmed publisher..mutant Alc? proteins readily accumulated on the cell surface and induced aberrant peripheral recruitment of KLC1 and kinesin heavy chain...
- Vagnoni A, Rodriguez L, Manser C, De Vos K, Miller C. Phosphorylation of kinesin light chain 1 at serine 460 modulates binding and trafficking of calsyntenin-1. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1032-42 pubmed publisherb>Kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) binds to the intracellular cytoplasmic domain of the type-1 membrane-spanning protein calsyntenin-1 (also known as alcadein-?) to mediate transport of a subset of vesicles...
- Chiba K, Chien K, Sobu Y, Hata S, Kato S, Nakaya T, et al. Phosphorylation of KLC1 modifies interaction with JIP1 and abolishes the enhanced fast velocity of APP transport by kinesin-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:3857-3869 pubmed publisher..we showed that EFV requires conventional interaction between the JIP1b C-terminal region and the kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) tetratricopeptide repeat, whereas EHF requires a novel interaction between the central region of ..
- McDonald A, Fogarty S, Leclerc I, Hill E, Hardie D, Rutter G. Control of insulin granule dynamics by AMPK dependent KLC1 phosphorylation. Islets. 2009;1:198-209 pubmed publisher..Whilst both kinesin-1/Kif5B and kinesin light chain-1 (KLC1) contain consensus AMPK phosphorylation sites only a peptide corresponding to Ser520 in mouse KLC1 and purified ..
- Terada S, Kinjo M, Aihara M, Takei Y, Hirokawa N. Kinesin-1/Hsc70-dependent mechanism of slow axonal transport and its relation to fast axonal transport. EMBO J. 2010;29:843-54 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a basis for the regulatory mechanism of intracellular transport and its intriguing implication in neuronal dysfunction. ..
- Bilecki W, Wawrzczak Bargiela A, Przewłocki R. Regulation of kinesin light chain 1 level correlates with the development of morphine reward in the mouse brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:1101-10 pubmed publisher..In neurons, kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) acts as the primary regulator of kinesin action...
- Pigino G, Morfini G, Atagi Y, Deshpande A, Yu C, Jungbauer L, et al. Disruption of fast axonal transport is a pathogenic mechanism for intraneuronal amyloid beta. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5907-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore pharmacological modulation of CK2 activity may represent a promising target for therapeutic intervention in AD. ..
- Togashi Y, Soda M, Sakata S, Sugawara E, Hatano S, Asaka R, et al. KLC1-ALK: a novel fusion in lung cancer identified using a formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue only. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31323 pubmed publisher..With this system, we successfully identified a novel ALK fusion, KLC1-ALK...
- Roux K, Crisp M, Liu Q, Kim D, Kozlov S, Stewart C, et al. Nesprin 4 is an outer nuclear membrane protein that can induce kinesin-mediated cell polarization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2194-9 pubmed publisher..These effects can be accounted for entirely by Nesp4's kinesin-binding function. The implication is that Nesp4 may contribute to microtubule-dependent nuclear positioning. ..
- Yang J, Li T. The ciliary rootlet interacts with kinesin light chains and may provide a scaffold for kinesin-1 vesicular cargos. Exp Cell Res. 2005;309:379-89 pubmed..These findings indicate that ciliary rootlets may provide a scaffold for kinesin-1 vesicular cargos and, thus, play a role in the intracellular transport in ciliated cells. ..
- Junco A, Bhullar B, Tarnasky H, van der Hoorn F. Kinesin light-chain KLC3 expression in testis is restricted to spermatids. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1320-30 pubmed..In the mouse, two KLC genes, KLC1 and KLC2, had been identified...
- Kelkar N, Delmotte M, Weston C, Barrett T, Sheppard B, Flavell R, et al. Morphogenesis of the telencephalic commissure requires scaffold protein JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9843-8 pubmed..The central nervous system abnormalities of Jip3-/- mice may be accounted for in part by a reduction in signal transduction by RhoA and its effector ROCK. ..
- Stroud M, Feng W, Zhang J, Veevers J, Fang X, Gerace L, et al. Nesprin 1Î±2 is essential for mouse postnatal viability and nuclear positioning in skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1915-1924 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we revealed that kinesin 1 was displaced in fibers of nesprin 1Î±2-knockout mice, suggesting that this interaction may play an important role in positioning of myonuclei and functional skeletal muscle. ..
- Sun F, Zhu C, Dixit R, Cavalli V. Sunday Driver/JIP3 binds kinesin heavy chain directly and enhances its motility. EMBO J. 2011;30:3416-29 pubmed publisher..This transport does not rely on syd oligomerization with itself or other JIP family members. These results establish syd as a positive regulator of kinesin activity and motility. ..
- Lan Y, Jiang R, Shawber C, Weinmaster G, Gridley T. The Jagged2 gene maps to chromosome 12 and is a candidate for the lgl and sm mutations. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:875-6 pubmed
- Nguyen Q, Lee C, Le A, Reddy E. JLP associates with kinesin light chain 1 through a novel leucine zipper-like domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30185-91 pubmed..We have identified kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) as a binding partner for the second leucine zipper domain of JLP using yeast two-hybrid screening...
- Muresan Z, Muresan V. Coordinated transport of phosphorylated amyloid-beta precursor protein and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-interacting protein-1. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:615-25 pubmed..These results indicate that the phosphorylation of APP regulates the formation of a pAPP-JIP-1 complex that accumulates in neurites independent of nonphosphorylated APP. ..
- Yamada M, Toba S, Takitoh T, Yoshida Y, Mori D, Nakamura T, et al. mNUDC is required for plus-end-directed transport of cytoplasmic dynein and dynactins by kinesin-1. EMBO J. 2010;29:517-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings have uncovered an essential role of mNUDC for anterograde transport of dynein and dynactin by kinesin-1. ..
- Kamal A, Almenar Queralt A, Leblanc J, Roberts E, Goldstein L. Kinesin-mediated axonal transport of a membrane compartment containing beta-secretase and presenilin-1 requires APP. Nature. 2001;414:643-8 pubmed
- Falzone T, Stokin G, Lillo C, Rodrigues E, Westerman E, Williams D, et al. Axonal stress kinase activation and tau misbehavior induced by kinesin-1 transport defects. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5758-67 pubmed publisher..in the absence of mutant tau or amyloid beta deposits, we induced transport defects by deletion of the kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) subunit of the anterograde motor kinesin-1...
- Medina C, Biris O, Falzone T, Zhang X, Zimmerman A, Bearer E. Hippocampal to basal forebrain transport of Mn2+ is impaired by deletion of KLC1, a subunit of the conventional kinesin microtubule-based motor. Neuroimage. 2017;145:44-57 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the power of MEMRI to observe and measure vesicular transport dynamics in the central nervous system that may result from or lead to brain pathology. ..
- Sherman M, LaCroix M, Amar F, Larson M, Forster C, Aguzzi A, et al. Soluble Conformers of Aβ and Tau Alter Selective Proteins Governing Axonal Transport. J Neurosci. 2016;36:9647-58 pubmed publisher..with the intracellular accumulation of the precursor protein of Aβ, APP, as a result of the selective decrease in kinesin light chain 1 expression. Our findings suggest that Aβ trimers might cause axonal transport deficits in AD.
- Jiang M, Esteve Rudd J, Lopes V, Diemer T, Lillo C, Rump A, et al. Microtubule motors transport phagosomes in the RPE, and lack of KLC1 leads to AMD-like pathogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:595-611 pubmed publisher..showed that the phagosomes moved bidirectionally along microtubules in RPE cells, with kinesin-1 light chain 1 (KLC1) remaining associated in both directions and during pauses...
- Barry J, Xu M, Gu Y, Dangel A, Jukkola P, Shrestha C, et al. Activation of conventional kinesin motors in clusters by Shaw voltage-gated K+ channels. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2027-41 pubmed publisher..Kv3.1 T1 competes with the motor domain and microtubules, but not with kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1), for binding to the KIF5B tail. Live-cell imaging assays show that four KIF5-binding proteins, Kv3...
- Cai D, McEwen D, Martens J, Meyhofer E, Verhey K. Single molecule imaging reveals differences in microtubule track selection between Kinesin motors. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000216 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this property enables kinesin motors to segregate membrane trafficking events between stable and dynamic microtubule populations. ..
- Witherden A, Hafezparast M, Nicholson S, Ahmad Annuar A, Bermingham N, Arac D, et al. An integrated genetic, radiation hybrid, physical and transcription map of a region of distal mouse chromosome 12, including an imprinted locus and the 'Legs at odd angles' (Loa) mutation. Gene. 2002;283:71-82 pubmed..We show a summary of 95 markers and 91 genomic clones that has enabled us to identify 18 transcripts including new genes and candidates for Loa which will help in future studies of gene context and regulation. ..
- McCart A, Mahony D, Rothnagel J. Alternatively spliced products of the human kinesin light chain 1 (KNS2) gene. Traffic. 2003;4:576-80 pubmed..We have identified 19 variants of the human KNS2 gene (KLC1) that are generated by alternative splicing of downstream exons, but calculate that KNS2 has the ..
- Vidal R, Ramírez O, Sandoval L, Koenig Robert R, Hartel S, Couve A. Marlin-1 and conventional kinesin link GABAB receptors to the cytoskeleton and regulate receptor transport. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:501-12 pubmed..Finally, we report that a kinesin-I mutant severely impairs receptor transport. We conclude that Marlin-1 and kinesin-1 link GABA(B)Rs to the tubulin cytoskeleton in neurons. ..
- Loschi M, Leishman C, Berardone N, Boccaccio G. Dynein and kinesin regulate stress-granule and P-body dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3973-82 pubmed publisher..Conversely, impairment of anterograde transport by knockdown of kinesin-1 heavy chain (KIF5B) or kinesin light chain 1 (KLC1) delayed SG dissolution. Strikingly, SG dissolution is not required to restore translation...
- Frederikse P, Yun E, Kao H, Zigler J, Sun Q, Qazi A. Synapsin and synaptic vesicle protein expression during embryonic and post-natal lens fiber cell differentiation. Mol Vis. 2004;10:794-804 pubmed
- Szpankowski L, Encalada S, Goldstein L. Subpixel colocalization reveals amyloid precursor protein-dependent kinesin-1 and dynein association with axonal vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:8582-7 pubmed publisher..We found that APP levels are well-correlated with the amount of the light chain of kinesin-1 (KLC1) and the heavy chain of cytoplasmic dynein (DHC1) on vesicles...
- Kelkar N, Standen C, Davis R. Role of the JIP4 scaffold protein in the regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2733-43 pubmed..The JIP4 scaffold protein therefore appears to be a new component of the p38 MAP kinase signaling pathway. ..