Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kitl
Description: kit ligand
Alias: Clo, Con, Kitlg, Mgf, SCF, SLF, blz, contrasted, C-kit ligand, Steel factor, cloud gray, grizzle-belly, hematopoietic growth factor KL, mast cell growth factor, stem cell factor
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Innate production of T(H)2 cytokines by adipose tissue-associated c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) lymphoid cellsKazuyo Moro
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nature 463:540-4. 2010..Thus, FALC Lin(-)c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) cells are T(H)2-type innate lymphocytes, and we propose that these cells be called 'natural helper cells'...
- Genetic and biochemical evidence that haploinsufficiency of the Nf1 tumor suppressor gene modulates melanocyte and mast cell fates in vivoD A Ingram
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Exp Med 191:181-8. 2000..Haploinsufficiency at Nf1 also increased mast cell proliferation, survival, and colony formation in response to Steel factor, the ligand for c-kit...
- Stem cell factor and hematopoiesisV C Broudy
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195-7710, USA
Blood 90:1345-64. 1997
- Role of kit-ligand in proliferation and suppression of apoptosis in mast cells: basis for radiosensitivity of white spotting and steel mutant miceN S Yee
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York
J Exp Med 179:1777-87. 1994The receptor tyrosine kinase Kit and its cognate ligand KL/steel factor are encoded at the white spotting (W) and Steel (Sl) loci of the mouse, respectively...
- Evidence that hematopoietic stem cells express mouse c-kit but do not depend on steel factor for their generationK Ikuta
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:1502-6. 1992The interaction of the mouse c-kit receptor, designated Kit receptor, and steel factor promotes the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- Kit/stem cell factor receptor-induced activation of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase is essential for male fertilityP Blume-Jensen
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Genet 24:157-62. 2000The c-kit-encoded transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor for stem cell factor (Kit/SCF-R) is required for normal haematopoiesis, melanogenesis and gametogenesis...
- Long-range genomic rearrangements upstream of Kit dysregulate the developmental pattern of Kit expression in W57 and Wbanded mice and interfere with distinct steps in melanocyte developmentM Kluppel
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development 124:65-77. 1997....
- Neural and skin cell-specific expression pattern conferred by steel factor regulatory sequence in transgenic miceH Yoshida
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Dev Dyn 207:222-32. 1996We have produced transgenic mice expressing a lacZ reporter gene under the control of a fragment of a Steel factor (SLF)...
- Ectopic c-kit expression affects the fate of melanocyte precursors in Patch mutant embryosB Wehrle-Haller
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403 1254, USA
Dev Biol 177:463-74. 1996..trunk neural crest cells from homozygous Ph embryos give rise to pigmented melanocytes in vitro in response to Steel factor (SlF)...
- Mammalian achaete-scute homolog 1 is required for the early development of olfactory and autonomic neuronsF Guillemot
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Cell 75:463-76. 1993..These observations suggest that Mash-1, like its Drosophila homologs of the AS-C, controls a basic operation in development of neuronal progenitors in distinct neural lineages...
- Steel factor and c-kit regulate cell-matrix adhesionT Kinashi
Center for Blood Research, Boston, MA 02115
Blood 83:1033-8. 1994Steel (SI) and white spotting (W) loci encode steel factor (c-kit ligand) and the c-kit tyrosine kinase receptor, respectively...
- Altered cell-surface targeting of stem cell factor causes loss of melanocyte precursors in Steel17H mutant miceB Wehrle-Haller
Department of Pathology, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1, rue Michel Servet, Geneva 4, 1211, Switzerland
Dev Biol 210:71-86. 1999..The Sl locus encodes stem cell factor (SCF), which is the ligand of c-kit, a receptor tyrosine kinase encoded by the W locus...
- W-sash affects positive and negative elements controlling c-kit expression: ectopic c-kit expression at sites of kit-ligand expression affects melanogenesisR Duttlinger
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY
Development 118:705-17. 1993..Molecular analysis of Wsh chromosomal DNA revealed a deletion or rearrangement in the vicinity of the c-kit gene. These results provide an explanation for the Wsh phenotype and have implications for the control of c-kit expression...
- Consequences of exclusive expression in vivo of Kit-ligand lacking the major proteolytic cleavage siteY Tajima
Molecular Biology, Cornell University, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11903-8. 1998....
- Kit ligand 2 promotes murine oocyte growth in vitroFiona H Thomas
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa and Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Biol Reprod 78:167-75. 2008Oocyte-granulosa cell communication, mediated by paracrine factors, is essential for oocyte development. Kit ligand (KITL) is expressed in granulosa cells as soluble (KITL1) or membrane-associated (KITL2) proteins...
- Phosphorylation and inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 by soluble kit ligand in mouse oocytes during early follicular developmentLian Liu
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 38:137-46. 2007..between mammalian oocytes and their surrounding granulosa cells through the Kit-Kit ligand (KL, or stem cell factor, SCF) system has been shown to be crucial for follicular development. Our previous studies (Reddy et al...
- c-kit delineates a distinct domain of progenitors in the developing kidneyKai M Schmidt-Ott
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Dev Biol 299:238-49. 2006..In this study, through analysis of the stem cell factor (SCF)/c-kit ligand receptor pair, we describe an additional distinct cell population in the early developing ..
- Oocyte-granulosa cell interactions during mouse follicular development: regulation of kit ligand expression and its role in oocyte growthFiona H Thomas
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, and Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Health Research Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:19. 2006..Particular emphasis is given to granulosa cell-derived Kit Ligand (KitL), whose functional importance for oocyte growth has been demonstrated by a wide range of in vivo and in vitro ..
- Zinc-finger transcription factor Slug contributes to the function of the stem cell factor c-kit signaling pathwayJesus Perez-Losada
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, Servicio de Citometría, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
Blood 100:1274-86. 2002The stem cell factor c-kit signaling pathway (SCF/c-kit) has been previously implicated in normal hematopoiesis, melanogenesis, and gametogenesis through the formation and migration of c-kit(+) cells...
- Fibronectin combined with stem cell factor plays an important role in melanocyte proliferation, differentiation and migration in cultured mouse neural crest cellsNagako Takano
Department of Dermatology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Pigment Cell Res 15:192-200. 2002b>Stem cell factor (SCF) is essential to the migration and differentiation of melanocytes during embryogenesis because mutations in either the SCF gene, or its ligand, KIT, result in defects in coat pigmentation in mice...
- Analysis of melanocyte precursors in Nf1 mutants reveals that MGF/KIT signaling promotes directed cell migration independent of its function in cell survivalB Wehrle-Haller
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403 1254, USA
Dev Biol 232:471-83. 2001..In mouse embryos, MPs express the receptor tyrosine kinase, KIT, and require its cognate ligand, Mast cell growth factor (MGF), for survival and differentiation...
- SUMO-specific protease 1 is essential for stabilization of HIF1alpha during hypoxiaJinke Cheng
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell 131:584-95. 2007..These results show that SENP1 plays a key role in the regulation of the hypoxic response through regulation of HIF1alpha stability and that SUMOylation can serve as a direct signal for ubiquitin-dependent degradation...
- The ligand of the c-kit receptor promotes oocyte growthA I Packer
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021
Dev Biol 161:194-205. 1994..These studies demonstrate that c-kit and KL are required for maintenance of oocyte growth in vitro...
- Incidence and distribution of experimental metastases in mutant mice with defective organ microenvironments (genotypes Sl/Sld and W/Wv)F Arguello
Strong Children s Research Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642
Cancer Res 52:2304-9. 1992..The Sl locus encodes for a multipotent growth factor known as stem cell factor. The W locus encodes the c-kit protein tyrosine kinase receptor whose ligand is the stem cell factor...
- Embryonic RNA expression patterns of the c-kit receptor and its cognate ligand suggest multiple functional roles in mouse developmentE Keshet
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI FCRDC, Frederick, MD 21702 1201
EMBO J 10:2425-35. 1991..More recently, the Sl locus has been shown to encode a ligand for c-kit, which is variously known as mast cell growth factor (MGF), stem cell growth factor and c-kit ligand...
- Transmembrane form of the kit ligand growth factor is determined by alternative splicing and is missing in the Sld mutantJ G Flanagan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 64:1025-35. 1991..These results provide evidence that cell surface KL has a critical role in the intact organism...
- Embryonic expression of a haematopoietic growth factor encoded by the Sl locus and the ligand for c-kitY Matsui
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2172
Nature 347:667-9. 1990..The haematopoietic growth factor SCF (stem cell factor) has been identified as the product of the Sl locus and a ligand for c-kit...
- Molecular cloning of mast cell growth factor, a hematopoietin that is active in both membrane bound and soluble formsD M Anderson
Department of Molecular Biology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
Cell 63:235-43. 1990We have previously reported the identification of a novel mast cell growth factor (MGF) that was shown to be a ligand for c-kit and is encoded by a gene that maps near the steel locus on mouse chromosome 10...
- Contiguous patterns of c-kit and steel expression: analysis of mutations at the W and Sl lociB Motro
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development 113:1207-21. 1991....
- Mast cell growth factor maps near the steel locus on mouse chromosome 10 and is deleted in a number of steel allelesN G Copeland
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Cell 63:175-83. 1990..In the accompanying article we report the identification and purification of mast cell growth factor (MGF), a c-kit ligand. Here we describe the cloning of sequences encoding MGF...
- The hematopoietic growth factor KL is encoded by the Sl locus and is the ligand of the c-kit receptor, the gene product of the W locusE Huang
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York
Cell 63:225-33. 1990..Linkage analysis maps the KL gene to the Sl locus on mouse chromosome 10, and KL sequences are deleted in the genome of the Sl mouse. These results indicate that the Sl locus encodes the ligand of the c-kit receptor, KL...
- Differential expression and processing of two cell associated forms of the kit-ligand: KL-1 and KL-2E J Huang
Program in Molecular Biology, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10021
Mol Biol Cell 3:349-62. 1992..These results indicate an important function for both the soluble and the cell associate form of KL. The respective roles of the soluble and cell associated forms of KL in the proliferative and migratory functions of c-kit are discussed...
- Decreased production of mast cells in S1/S1d anemic miceY Kitamura
Blood 53:492-7. 1979
- Stem cell factor is a chemoattractant and a survival factor for CNS stem cellsAnna Erlandsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Biomedical Center, 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 301:201-10. 2004..Several extrinsic factors are known to be involved in the regulation of neural migration. We asked if stem cell factor (SCF), well known as a chemoattractant and survival factor in the hematopoietic lineage, could elicit similar ..
- Early transplantation to a normal microenvironment prevents the development of Steel hematopoietic stem cell defectsJ E Barker
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Exp Hematol 25:542-7. 1997..either inherently defective or lose competitive ability by residence in an environment lacking membrane-bound Steel factor. In the present report, any long-term effects of the Steel microenvironment were eradicated by transferring ..
- Expression of CSF-1/c-fms and SF/c-kit mRNA during preimplantation mouse developmentR J Arceci
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Dev Biol 151:1-8. 1992..and c-kit are structurally related tyrosine kinase receptors for colony-stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) and for steel factor (SF), respectively...
- Dynamic changes in ovarian c-kit and Steel expression during the estrous reproductive cycleB Motro
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Dyn 197:69-79. 1993....
- Mouse bone marrow-derived mast cells (mBMMC) obtained in vitro from mice that are mast cell-deficient in vivo express the same panel of granule proteases as mBMMC and serosal mast cells from their normal littermatesK K Eklund
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Exp Med 180:67-73. 1994....
- Evidence for a mitogenic effect of Wnt-1 in the developing mammalian central nervous systemM E Dickinson
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 120:1453-71. 1994..Rather, our experiments indicate that Wnt-1 can act as a mitogen in the developing CNS...
- Soluble and cell-bound forms of steel factor activity play distinct roles in melanocyte precursor dispersal and survival on the lateral neural crest migration pathwayB Wehrle-Haller
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403
Development 121:731-42. 1995..Melanocyte precursors transiently require the c-kit ligand, Steel factor for survival...
- Stem cell factor is encoded at the Sl locus of the mouse and is the ligand for the c-kit tyrosine kinase receptorK M Zsebo
Amgen Inc, Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, California 91320
Cell 63:213-24. 1990We have cloned a partial cDNA encoding murine stem cell factor (SCF) and show that the gene is syntenic with the Sl locus on mouse chromosome 10...
- Different ADAMs have distinct influences on Kit ligand processing: phorbol-ester-stimulated ectodomain shedding of Kitl1 by ADAM17 is reduced by ADAM19Nobuko Kawaguchi
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Cell Sci 120:943-52. 2007Kit ligand (Kitl), the ligand for the Kit receptor tyrosine kinase, plays important roles in hematopoiesis, gametogenesis and melanogenesis...
- TRP-2/DT, a new early melanoblast marker, shows that steel growth factor (c-kit ligand) is a survival factorK P Steel
MRC Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham, UK
Development 115:1111-9. 1992....
- AML1(-/-) embryos do not express certain hematopoiesis-related gene transcripts including those of the PU.1 geneH Okada
Department of Cell Biology, Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 17:2287-93. 1998..The results suggest that the expression of a particular set of hematopoiesis-related genes is closely correlated with the PEBP2/CBF function...
- The expression pattern of the c-kit ligand in gonads of mice supports a role for the c-kit receptor in oocyte growth and in proliferation of spermatogoniaK Manova
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021
Dev Biol 157:85-99. 1993..These data are consistent with a role for KL in oocyte growth and in facilitating proliferation and/or differentiation of type A spermatogonia...
- Steel-Dickie mutation encodes a c-kit ligand lacking transmembrane and cytoplasmic domainsC I Brannan
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702 1201
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:4671-4. 1991..0-kilobase intragenic deletion in mast cell growth factor (MGF) genomic sequences, providing conclusive evidence that Sl encodes MGF...
- The c-kit ligand, stem cell factor, promotes mast cell survival by suppressing apoptosisA Iemura
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA 02215
Am J Pathol 144:321-8. 1994b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor (SCFR), a member of the receptor tyrosine kinase III family that is encoded by the c-kit gene, critically regulate several complex biological programs including hematopoiesis, mast cell development, ..
- c-kit ligand mediates increased expression of cytosolic phospholipase A2, prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase-1, and hematopoietic prostaglandin D2 synthase and increased IgE-dependent prostaglandin D2 generation in immature mouse mast cellsM Murakami
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 270:3239-46. 1995....
- Membrane-bound Steel factor induces more persistent tyrosine kinase activation and longer life span of c-kit gene-encoded protein than its soluble formK Miyazawa
First Department of Internal Medicine Hematology and Oncology, Tokyo Medical College, Japan
Blood 85:641-9. 1995Alternative splicing of exon 6 results in the production of two isoforms of Steel factor (SLF): the membrane-bound and soluble forms...
- The murine W/c-kit and Steel loci and the control of hematopoiesisA Bernstein
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canda
Semin Hematol 28:138-42. 1991..Further analysis of the W/Sl pathway should provide a more complete understanding of the early events in hematopoiesis, and may also lead to novel therapeutic applications involving the protein product of the Sl locus...
- Regulation of p53-mediated apoptosis and cell cycle arrest by Steel factorJ L Abrahamson
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 15:6953-60. 1995..We have investigated the consequences of activating the Kit signalling pathway by its ligand Steel factor on these opposing functions of the p53 protein in Friend erythroleukemia cells...
- Gene Duplication of the zebrafish kit ligand and partitioning of melanocyte development functions to kit ligand aKeith A Hultman
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e17. 2007....
- Reduced blood and marrow neutrophils and granulocytic colony-forming cells in S1/S1d miceF W Ruscetti
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 152:398-402. 1976
- The effect of hemopoietic microenvironment on splenic suppressor macrophages in congenitally anemic mice of genotype Sl/SldY Shibata
J Immunol 135:3905-10. 1985..Splenic suppressor M phi, defined by PGE-mediated inhibition of Con A-induced T lymphocyte proliferation are induced by the i.p. administration of Corynebacterium parvum (CP)...
- Linkage of Pep-2 and Apk on mouse chromosome 10J E Womack
Biochem Genet 24:721-7. 1986..8 +/- 3.9%-Pep-2-3.7 +/- 2.1%-Sl. Methods for rapid determination of Apk and Pep-2 alleles by cellulose acetate electrophoresis and a valuable linkage testing stock carrying the unique Apkm and Pep-2b alleles are described...
- A study of the primordial germ cells during their migratory phase in Steel mutant miceJ A McCoshen
Experientia 31:589-90. 1975
- The cloning and sequencing of cDNAs encoding two isoforms of feline stem cell factorS P Dunham
Department of Veterinary Pathology, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, U K
DNA Seq 6:233-7. 1996cDNA clones encoding two isoforms of feline stem cell factor (fSCF) have been isolated using RT-PCR and their sequences determined...
- Paleocortex is specified in mice in which dorsal telencephalic patterning is severely disruptedAditee Vyas
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400005, India
J Comp Neurol 466:545-53. 2003..Furthermore, our in vitro data reveal that, if mechanisms outside the lateral telencephalon are involved in the specification of the paleocortex, they must act extremely early, prior to E10.5...
- Mesenchymal cells are required for functional development of thymic epithelial cellsManami Itoi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Int Immunol 19:953-64. 2007..of the ph/ph thymus anlage show severely impaired proliferation and expression of functional molecules, such as SCF, Delta-like 4 and MHC class II, which have crucial roles in T cell development...
- Splenic primitive hematopoietic stem cell (PHSC) activity is enhanced by steel factor because of PHSC proliferationD E Harrison
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609 0800
Blood 83:3146-51. 1994..However, a dose of 5FU on day 4 of the SI factor treatments almost totally prevented the increase in splenic PHSC activity. Apparently this increased activity requires PHSC cycling throughout the period of SI factor treatment...
- Activation of c-Kit in dendritic cells regulates T helper cell differentiation and allergic asthmaNandini Krishnamoorthy
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3459 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Nat Med 14:565-73. 2008..mite (HDM) or the mucosal adjuvant cholera toxin promotes cell surface expression of c-Kit and its ligand, stem cell factor (SCF), on DCs...
- Dissecting the hematopoietic microenvironment. II. The kinetics of the erythron of the S1/S1d mouse and the dual nature of its anemiaN S Wolf
Cell Tissue Kinet 11:325-34. 1978..The cause of the moderately high level of erythropoiesis in the S1/S1d is a mean daily loss of 2.5--3.0% of its total blood volume via the intestinal tract...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase is essential for kit ligand-mediated survival, whereas interleukin-3 and flt3 ligand induce expression of antiapoptotic Bcl-2 family genesRichard Karlsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
J Leukoc Biol 74:923-31. 2003..Our results indicate that cytokines exert distinct survival effects and that FL and IL-3 are capable of sustaining progenitor survival by up-regulating the expression of Bcl-2 and related genes...
- Forestomach papillomas in flaky skin and steel-Dickie mutant miceJ P Sundberg
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Vet Diagn Invest 4:312-7. 1992..Phenotypic expression of the fsn and Sld mutant genes may play an essential role in the spontaneous development of forestomach papillomas in these mouse mutants...
- Deletion of membrane-bound steel factor results in osteopenia in miceSutada Lotinun
Department of Orthopedics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:644-52. 2005To examine the functional role of membrane-bound SLF, we evaluated the growing skeletons of WT and SLF mutant (Sl/Sl(d)) mice that do not produce this protein using DXA, bone histomorphometry, cell culture, and flow cytometry...
- Stem cell factor promotes mast cell survival via inactivation of FOXO3a-mediated transcriptional induction and MEK-regulated phosphorylation of the proapoptotic protein BimChristine Möller
Department of Genetics and Pathology, The Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Sweden
Blood 106:1330-6. 2005..Although it is well established that mast cell survival is dependent on stem cell factor (SCF), it has not been described how this process is regulated...
- The murine winged-helix transcription factor Foxl2 is required for granulosa cell differentiation and ovary maintenanceDirk Schmidt
Developmental Biology Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 131:933-42. 2004..In addition to providing a molecular mechanism for premature ovarian failure in BPES, these results suggest that granulosa cell function is not only crucial for oocyte growth but also to maintain follicular quiescence in vivo...
- Gene knockouts that cause female infertility: search for novel contraceptive targetsRajesh K Naz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The West Virginia University, School of Medicine, Health Science Center, Morgantown, WV 26506 9186, USA
Front Biosci 10:2447-59. 2005..These molecules will provide novel targets of contraception including contraceptive vaccine development...
- Congenic mice provide in vivo evidence for a genetic locus that modulates serum insulin-like growth factor-I and bone acquisitionK M Delahunty
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Endocrinology 147:3915-23. 2006..Congenic mice establish proof of concept of shared genetic determinants for both circulating IGF-I and bone acquisition...
- Pulmonary IL-17E (IL-25) production and IL-17RB+ myeloid cell-derived Th2 cytokine production are dependent upon stem cell factor-induced responses during chronic allergic pulmonary diseaseVladislav Dolgachev
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 183:5705-15. 2009In the present studies local neutralization of allergen-induced stem cell factor (SCF) leads to decreased production of Th2 cytokines, a reduction in inflammation, allergen-specific serum IgE/IgG1, and attenuation of severe asthma-like ..
- Antigen-induced increases in pulmonary mast cell progenitor numbers depend on IL-9 and CD1d-restricted NKT cellsTatiana G Jones
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 183:5251-60. 2009..These findings implicate type 2 NKT cells and IL-9 as central regulators that function in the same pathway mediating the Ag-induced increase in numbers of pulmonary MCp...
- Stem cell factor rescues tyrosinase expression and pigmentation in discreet anatomic locations in albino miceJillian C Vanover
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, The Markey Cancer Center, The Graduate Center for Toxicology, Lexington, KY, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 22:827-38. 2009The K14-SCF transgenic murine model of variant pigmentation is based on epidermal expression of stem cell factor (SCF) on the C57BL/6J background...
- Kit ligand promotes first polar body extrusion of mouse preovulatory oocytesYinghui Ye
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:26. 2009..oocyte maturation, we performed DNA microarray analyses of ovarian transcripts in mice and identified Kit ligand (Kitl) as an ovarian factor stimulated by the LH/hCG surge...
- Secretion of stem cell factor and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor by mouse embryos in culture: influence of group cultureA P Contramaestre
Universidad Simon Bolivar, Departamento de Biologia de Organismos, Baruta, Venezuela
Zygote 16:297-301. 2008..to the blastocyst stage; (2) the release of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and stem cell factor (SCF) into the culture medium by the embryo; and (3) the levels of GM-CSF and SCF in the culture medium from ..
- Oncostatin M-mediated regulation of KIT-ligand-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling maintains hematopoietic repopulating activity of Lin-CD34+CD133+ cord blood cellsRobert A J Oostendorp
Laboratory of Stem Cell Physiology, III Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Stem Cells 26:2164-72. 2008..Our results show that the loss of repopulating activity during KL stimulation is counteracted by OSM through the downregulation of ERK pathway signaling. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Endochondral ossification is required for haematopoietic stem-cell niche formationCharles K F Chan
Department of Pathology, Developmental Biology and Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, California, USA
Nature 457:490-4. 2009..Collectively, our data implicate endochondral ossification, bone formation that proceeds through a cartilage intermediate, as a requirement for adult HSC niche formation...
- Chemoattractant action and molecular signaling pathways of Kit ligand on mouse primordial germ cellsDonatella Farini
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, Section of Histology and Embryology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00173 Rome, Italy
Dev Biol 306:572-83. 2007....
- BMP4, SCF, and hypoxia cooperatively regulate the expansion of murine stress erythroid progenitorsJohn M Perry
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Blood 109:4494-502. 2007..of the Kit receptor results in a severe defect in the expansion of stress BFU-E, indicating a role for the Kit/SCF signaling pathway in stress erythropoiesis...
- The riddle of the mast cell: kit(CD117)-ligand as the missing link?P Valent
Dept of Internal Medicine I, University of Vienna, AKH Wien
Immunol Today 15:111-4. 1994..The emerging concept is that a single tissue hormone, the ligand of the c-kit tyrosine kinase receptor (CD117), provides a key signal in multiple aspects of mast-cell differentiation and function...
- Somatic excision demonstrates that c-Jun induces cellular migration and invasion through induction of stem cell factorSanjay Katiyar
Departments of Cancer Biology and Medical Oncology, The Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:1356-69. 2007..and growth factors, differentially expressed and showing loss of secretion upon c-jun deletion, identified stem cell factor (SCF) as a c-Jun target gene. Immunoneutralizing antibody to SCF reduced migration of wild-type cells...
- Synergy between erythropoietin and stem cell factor during erythropoiesis can be quantitatively described without co-signaling effectsWeijia Wang
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering IBBME, Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, University of Toronto, 164 College Street, Rm 407, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3G9
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:1261-72. 2008..we have investigated the synergistic generation of erythroid cells in response to erythropoietin (EPO) and stem cell factor (SCF)...
- Proliferation and differentiation of spermatogonial stem cells in the w/wv mutant mouse testisHiroshi Ohta
Department of Science for Laboratory Animal Experimentation, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Biol Reprod 69:1815-21. 2003Mutations in the dominant-white spotting (W; c-kit) and stem cell factor (Sl; SCF) genes, which encode the transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor and its ligand, respectively, affect both the proliferation and differentiation of many ..
- Changes in protooncogene expression correlated with general and sex-specific differentiation in murine primordial germ cellsE C Coucouvanis
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, CA 94305
Mech Dev 42:49-58. 1993..Because c-kit and c-mos are expressed differentially in male and female day 13-15 germ cells, they may play roles in initiating or mediating progress along the sex-specific pathways of development that PGCs embark upon at this time...
- HNF-3 beta as a regulator of floor plate developmentH Sasaki
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2175
Cell 76:103-15. 1994..Earlier, several genes normally expressed in the floor plate (BMP-1, Steel factor, and HNF-3 alpha) are induced within the same ectopic dorsal domain as HNF-3 beta, and autoactivation of the ..
- Interleukin-12 enhances interleukin-3 dependent multilineage hematopoietic colony formation stimulated by interleukin-11 or steel factorR E Ploemacher
Institute of Hematology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 7:1374-80. 1993..mice, and of sorted stem cells using a semi-solid culture assay in the absence or presence of IL-3, IL-11, Steel factor (SF) and erythropoietin...
- Expression and function of c-Kit in fetal hemopoietic progenitor cells: transition from the early c-Kit-independent to the late c-Kit-dependent wave of hemopoiesis in the murine embryoM Ogawa
Department of Morphogenesis, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Development 117:1089-98. 1993The protooncogene c-kit encodes a receptor type tyrosine kinase and is allelic with the W locus of mice. SLF, the c-Kit ligand which is encoded by the Sl locus, has growth promoting activity for hemopoietic stem cells...
- Effect of the Steel gene product on melanogenesis in avian neural crest cell culturesR Lahav
Institut d Embryologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique et du Collège de France, Nogent sur Marne
Differentiation 58:133-9. 1994..The gene products of these loci are a peptide growth factor, called here stem cell factor (SCF), and its tyrosine kinase receptor, the proto-oncogene c-kit...
- Steel factor stimulates the serine/threonine phosphorylation of the interleukin-3 receptorL Liu
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
J Biol Chem 269:16774-9. 1994..numbers, was found to proliferate in a greater than additive fashion when grown in the presence of IL-3 and steel factor (SF)...
- Ligand-independent activation of c-kit receptor tyrosine kinase in a murine mastocytoma cell line P-815 generated by a point mutationT Tsujimura
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Blood 83:2619-26. 1994..on tyrosine and activated in immune complex kinase reaction regardless of stimulation with a ligand for KIT (stem cell factor), whereas tyrosine phosphorylation and activation was barely detectable in wild-form KIT...
- H beta 58, an insertional mutation affecting early postimplantation development of the mouse embryoG Radice
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032
Development 111:801-11. 1991..7 kb mRNA encoded at the H beta 58 locus, thus identifying a gene whose disruption appears to be responsible for the mutant phenotype...
- Coincidental development of forestomach papilloma and prepyloric ulcer in nontreated mutant mice of W/Wv and SI/SId genotypesY Kitamura
Cancer Res 40:3392-7. 1980....
- Mutations in mice that influence natural killer (NK) cell activityE A Clark
Immunogenetics 12:601-13. 1981..Unlike the obese gene, other mutations leading to obesity, diabetes (db) and yellow (Ay), did not impair NK-cell function. The possible site of gene action of these mutations in the NK-cell pathway is discussed...
- Effect of the Slt mutant allele on the production of tissue mast cells in miceT Kohrogi
J Hered 74:375-7. 1983..Since male Slt/Slt mice (on both WB and C57BL/6 backgrounds) were fertile, such mice were useful for efficient production of moderately mast-cell-deficient Sl/Slt and Sld/Slt mice...
- Infertility due to growth arrest of ovarian follicles in Sl/Slt miceH Kuroda
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Dev Biol 126:71-9. 1988..This suggests that normal stromal cells are essential for the development of ovarian follicles...
- Xenogeneic expression of human stem cell factor in transgenic mice mimics codominant c-kit mutationsM K Majumdar
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202 5225, USA
Blood 87:3203-11. 1996..We have previously demonstrated that the membrane-associated isoform of human stem cell factor (hSCF220, the ligand for c-kit) is inefficiently processed in murine stromal cell transfectants...
- Thrombopoietin, the ligand for the Mpl receptor, synergizes with steel factor and other early acting cytokines in supporting proliferation of primitive hematopoietic progenitors of miceH Ku
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Blood 87:4544-51. 1996..We examined the effects of ML, as a single factor or in combinations with early acting factors such as steel factor (SF), interleukin (IL)-3, IL-1, IL-6, and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF), on colony formation ..
- Mast cells: a cellular link between autoantibodies and inflammatory arthritisDavid M Lee
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 297:1689-92. 2002..Thus, mast cells may function as a cellular link between autoantibodies, soluble mediators, and other effector populations in inflammatory arthritis...
- Cytokine gene expression in regenerating haematopoietic tissues of mice after cyclophosphamide treatmentO Psenak
Department of Pathophysiology, First Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Haematol 109:68-75. 2003..Cytokines assumed to have a stimulatory effect on HPC - stem cell factor (SCF), fetal liver tyrosine kinase 3-ligand (flt3-ligand), thrombopoietin (TPO), stromal cell-derived factor ..
- SCF/c-kit signaling is required for cyclic regeneration of the hair pigmentation unitN V Botchkareva
Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
FASEB J 15:645-58. 2001..b>Stem cell factor (SCF) and its receptor c-kit are important for melanocyte survival during development, and mutations in these ..
- Molecular cloning of the mouse APS as a member of the Lnk family adaptor proteinsM Iseki
Department of Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:45-54. 2000..These results suggest that APS is a member of the Lnk family adaptor protein and likely plays a role in signaling in B cells...
- Identification of a ligand for the c-kit proto-oncogeneD E Williams
Department of Experimental Hematology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
Cell 63:167-74. 1990We report the purification and N-terminal amino acid sequence of a novel mast cell growth factor, termed MGF, from the supernatants of a murine stromal cell line...
- Novel Mechanisms of C-Kit Regulation in Mast CellsReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2007..While several cytokines influence the growth, survival, and maturation of mast cells, stem cell factor (SCF) and its interaction via the tyrosine kinase receptor, c-Kit is essential for normal mast cell ..
- REGULATION OF ENERGY BALANCE BY MELANOCORTIN ANTAGONISTSGregory Barsh; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Testicular tumor susceptibility at the agouti locusJASON HEANEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Chr19M, Ay/+ mice using BAG transgene complementation tests and conditional knockout mice, and 2) the TGCT frequency and expression levels of Raly and Eif2s2 in 129./W+ and 129.Chr19M, Avy/+ mice. ..
- CONTROL OF COLONIC MOTILITY IN HEALTH AND DISEASESUSHIL SARNA; Fiscal Year: 2002..In inflammatory bowel disease and other forms of gut inflammation it would be desirable to selectively stimulation phasic contractions and tone to minimize diarrhea, urgency of defecation and abdominal discomfort. ..
- SENESCENE AND PREB CELL DEVELOPMENTRichard Riley; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments in this application will provide a cellular and molecular basis for understanding the temporal loss of B lymphopoiesis and altered generation of VH repertoire during senescence. ..
- Mechanisms of adhesion and growth control in stem cellsReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed studies will provide unique insights into the physiologic significance of Lyn, Hck, and Fgr SFKs in the regulation of SC/P growth and actin-based functions. ..
- Genetics of Dark Skin in MiceGregory Barsh; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Immunobiological Role of Fertilization Antigen(FA-1)RAJESH NAZ; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- SCF in liver repair after hepatectomy or toxic injuryLisa Colletti; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal examines a specific cytokine, stem cell factor (SCF), in hepatocyte protection and regeneration during acetaminophen-induced liver toxicity, as well as ..
- MEDICAL SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAMGregory Barsh; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to continue this trend of innovation and interdisciplinary training, in which training grant resources are leveraged, and 9 - 10 individuals are admitted per year for a program length of 7- 8 years. ..
- Attractin and Mahoganoid in Spongy NeurodegenerationGregory Barsh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Investigating the biochemical, cellular, and genetic relationships between Atrn, Mahoganoid, and PrP is likely to provide general insight into the pathogenesis of spongy degeneration. ..
- CONTROL OF COLONIC MOTILITY IN HEALTH AND DISEASESUSHIL SARNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The inhibition of NF-kappaB activation is an emerging therapy in treating inflammatory disorders. ..
- Selection of the B cell repertoire in senescenceRichard Riley; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance understanding of the immune defects which accompany old age and their cellular and molecular mechanisms. ..
- Testicular tumor susceptibility at the agouti locusJASON HEANEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Chr19M, A(y)/+ mice using BAG transgene complementation tests and conditional knockout mice, and 2) the TGCT frequency and expression levels of Raly and Eif2s2 in 129.A(vy)/+ and 129.Chr19M, A(vy)/+ mice. ..
- CXC CHEMOKINES AND LIVER REGENERATIONLisa Colletti; Fiscal Year: 2002..By providing insights into the hepatic regenerative process, these studies could potentially lead to novel treatments for the failing liver. ..
- CONTROL OF COLONIC MOTILITY IN HEALTH AND DISEASESUSHIL SARNA; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Chronic stress-induced gene expression in colonic circular smooth muscle cells.Sushil K Sarna; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings of this proposal are expected to identify the potential molecular therapeutic approaches that may prevent or minimize the ill effects of chronic stress on colonic motility function. ..
- Role of Vav and Rac in KIT oncogenesisReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our results are expected to provide new targets for molecular therapies for the treatment of diseases such as AML and SM. ..
- Role of Vav and Rac in KIT oncogenesisReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our results are expected to provide new targets for molecular therapies for the treatment of diseases such as AML and SM. ..
- Selection of B cell repertoire in senescenceRichard L Riley; Fiscal Year: 2010..Insight into the defects in B cell production in old age may reveal their influence on developing and maintaining effective immune barriers to infectious disease. ..
- Mechanisms of Pulmonary Mast Cell Recruitment and MaturationMichael Gurish; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- IMMUNOBIOLOGICAL ROLE OF FERTILIZATION ANTIGEN FA-1RAJESH NAZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..Besides enabling the PI to study the structure-function relationship, these studies will help them investigate the potential utility of the human recombinant FA-1 antigen is immunocontraception and immunoinfertility in humans. ..
- Novel Mechanisms of C-Kit Regulation in Mast CellsReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2009..While several cytokines influence the growth, survival, and maturation of mast cells, stem cell factor (SCF) and its interaction via the tyrosine kinase receptor, c-Kit is essential for normal mast cell ..
- Control of colonic motility in health and disease.SUSHIL SARNA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our findings are expected to suggest that alternate therapeutic approaches may be required to normalize motility dysfunction in different types of inflammation. ..
- VIP-induced gene expression in colonic smooth muscle cellsSushil K Sarna; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Control of colonic motility in health and disease.Sushil K Sarna; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our findings are expected to suggest that alternate therapeutic approaches may be required to normalize motility dysfunction in different types of inflammation. ..
- Mechanisms of adhesion and growth control in stem cellsReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2009..Some of these pathways, such as those initiated by stem cell factor (SCF), the ligand for KIT, stromal cell derived factor-1 (SDF-1), and thrombopoietin (TPO), induce the ..
- VIP-induced gene expression in colonic smooth muscle cellsSUSHIL SARNA; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of E2A in Normal and Aged B LymphopoiesisRichard Riley; Fiscal Year: 2007..More broadly, these studies will further our understanding of the immune defects which accompany old age and their cellular and molecular mechanisms. ..