Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kif5c
Description: kinesin family member 5C
Alias: KINN, Khc, NKHC, NKHC2, kinesin heavy chain isoform 5C, kinesin heavy chain member 5C, kinesin heavy chain neuron-specific 2
- Benitez M, Sanchez Ponce D, Garrido J, Wandosell F. Hsp90 activity is necessary to acquire a proper neuronal polarization. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:245-52 pubmed publisher..Even more, our data demonstrate the existence of a "time-window" for axon specification in this model of cultured neurons after which the inhibition of Hsp90 only affects axonal elongation mechanisms. ..
- Sun F, Zhu C, Dixit R, Cavalli V. Sunday Driver/JIP3 binds kinesin heavy chain directly and enhances its motility. EMBO J. 2011;30:3416-29 pubmed publisher..Adaptor proteins recruit kinesin-1 to vesicles via direct association with kinesin heavy chain (KHC), the force-generating component, or via the accessory light chain (KLC)...
- Encalada S, Szpankowski L, Xia C, Goldstein L. Stable kinesin and dynein assemblies drive the axonal transport of mammalian prion protein vesicles. Cell. 2011;144:551-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a coordination model wherein PrP(C) vesicles maintain a stable population of associated motors whose activity is modulated by regulatory factors instead of by structural changes to motor-cargo associations. ..
- Yamada M, Toba S, Takitoh T, Yoshida Y, Mori D, Nakamura T, et al. mNUDC is required for plus-end-directed transport of cytoplasmic dynein and dynactins by kinesin-1. EMBO J. 2010;29:517-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings have uncovered an essential role of mNUDC for anterograde transport of dynein and dynactin by kinesin-1. ..
- Kindler S, Dieterich D, Schütt J, Sahin J, Karpova A, Mikhaylova M, et al. Dendritic mRNA targeting of Jacob and N-methyl-d-aspartate-induced nuclear translocation after calpain-mediated proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25431-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that local synthesis in dendrites may be necessary to replenish dendritic Jacob pools after truncation of the N-terminal membrane anchor and concomitant translocation of Jacob to the nucleus. ..
- Kanai Y, Dohmae N, Hirokawa N. Kinesin transports RNA: isolation and characterization of an RNA-transporting granule. Neuron. 2004;43:513-25 pubmed..Thus, kinesin transports RNA via this granule in dendrites coordinately with opposite motors, such as dynein. ..
- Kato K. A Collection of cDNA Clones with Specific Expression Patterns in Mouse Brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1990;2:704-711 pubmed..Among them seven clones were especially abundant in specific nuclei, and three in specific fibre bundles. These clones will be useful in defining new subpopulations of brain cells characterized by different gene expression. ..
- Junco A, Bhullar B, Tarnasky H, van der Hoorn F. Kinesin light-chain KLC3 expression in testis is restricted to spermatids. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1320-30 pubmed..of the three known KHCs and KLC3 differ significantly: Kif5a and Kif5b are not expressed after meiosis, and Kif5c is expressed at an extremely low level in spermatids but is not detectable in sperm tails...
- Kanai Y, Okada Y, Tanaka Y, Harada A, Terada S, Hirokawa N. KIF5C, a novel neuronal kinesin enriched in motor neurons. J Neurosci. 2000;20:6374-84 pubmed..In the present work, we cloned a novel member of KIF5, KIF5C, and generated specific antibodies against three KIF5s to investigate their distribution and functions...
- Muresan Z, Muresan V. Coordinated transport of phosphorylated amyloid-beta precursor protein and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-interacting protein-1. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:615-25 pubmed..These results indicate that the phosphorylation of APP regulates the formation of a pAPP-JIP-1 complex that accumulates in neurites independent of nonphosphorylated APP. ..
- Saba L, Bhave S, Grahame N, Bice P, Lapadat R, Belknap J, et al. Candidate genes and their regulatory elements: alcohol preference and tolerance. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:669-88 pubmed
- Schuh M, Ellenberg J. Self-organization of MTOCs replaces centrosome function during acentrosomal spindle assembly in live mouse oocytes. Cell. 2007;130:484-98 pubmed..Finally, a stable barrel-shaped acentrosomal metaphase spindle with oscillating chromosomes and astral-like microtubules forms that surprisingly exhibits key properties of a centrosomal spindle. ..
- Kallipolitou A, Deluca D, Majdic U, Lakämper S, Cross R, Meyhofer E, et al. Unusual properties of the fungal conventional kinesin neck domain from Neurospora crassa. EMBO J. 2001;20:6226-35 pubmed..Together with a structural analysis of synthetic neck peptides, our data demonstrate that the NcKin neck domain behaves differently from that of animal conventional kinesins and may be tuned to drive fast, processive motility. ..
- Nakata T, Niwa S, Okada Y, Perez F, Hirokawa N. Preferential binding of a kinesin-1 motor to GTP-tubulin-rich microtubules underlies polarized vesicle transport. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:245-55 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that the abundance of GTP-tubulin in axonal microtubules may underlie selective KIF5 localization and polarized axonal vesicular transport. ..
- Sasaki S, Shionoya A, Ishida M, Gambello M, Yingling J, Wynshaw Boris A, et al. A LIS1/NUDEL/cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain complex in the developing and adult nervous system. Neuron. 2000;28:681-96 pubmed..These results suggest that LIS1 and NUDEL regulate CDHC activity during neuronal migration and axonal retrograde transport in a Cdk5/p35-dependent fashion. ..
- Zivraj K, Rehbein M, Ölschläger Schütt J, Schob C, Falley K, Buck F, et al. The RNA-binding protein MARTA2 regulates dendritic targeting of MAP2 mRNAs in rat neurons. J Neurochem. 2013;124:670-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, in neurons MARTA2 appears to represent a key trans-acting factor involved in KIF5-mediated dendritic targeting of MAP2 mRNAs. ..
- Heisler F, Lee H, Gromova K, Pechmann Y, Schurek B, Ruschkies L, et al. GRIP1 interlinks N-cadherin and AMPA receptors at vesicles to promote combined cargo transport into dendrites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5030-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the concept that the multi-PDZ-domain adaptor protein GRIP1 can act as a scaffold at trafficking vesicles in the combined delivery of AMPARs and N-cadherin into dendrites. ..
- Kriebel P, Patel B, Nelson S, Grusby M, LaRochelle W. Consequences of Stat6 deletion on Sis/PDGF- and IL-4-induced proliferation and transcriptional activation in murine fibroblasts. Oncogene. 1999;18:7294-302 pubmed..Thus, Stat6 is an important and specific mediator of IL-4-enhanced PDGF-induced proliferation as well as IL-4's transcriptional activation of IL-6 and MCP-1. ..
- Morikawa M, Yajima H, Nitta R, Inoue S, Ogura T, Sato C, et al. X-ray and Cryo-EM structures reveal mutual conformational changes of Kinesin and GTP-state microtubules upon binding. EMBO J. 2015;34:1270-86 pubmed publisher..In neurons, kinesin-1/KIF5C preferentially binds to the GTP-state microtubules over GDP-state microtubules to selectively enter an axon among ..
- Yang J, Li T. The ciliary rootlet interacts with kinesin light chains and may provide a scaffold for kinesin-1 vesicular cargos. Exp Cell Res. 2005;309:379-89 pubmed..These findings indicate that ciliary rootlets may provide a scaffold for kinesin-1 vesicular cargos and, thus, play a role in the intracellular transport in ciliated cells. ..