Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kif1b
Description: kinesin family member 1B
Alias: A530096N05Rik, AI448212, AI506502, D4Mil1e, KIF1Bp130, KIF1Bp204, kinesin-like protein KIF1B, N-3 kinesin, kinesin heavy chain member 1B
- Conforti L, Dell Agnello C, Calvaresi N, Tortarolo M, Giorgini A, Coleman M, et al. Kif1Bbeta isoform is enriched in motor neurons but does not change in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosci Res. 2003;71:732-9 pubmedThe kinesin superfamily motor protein Kif1B is expressed in two isoforms, Kif1Balpha and Kif1Bbeta, with distinct cargo-binding domains...
- Fell S, Li S, Wallis K, Kock A, Surova O, Rraklli V, et al. Neuroblast differentiation during development and in neuroblastoma requires KIF1B?-mediated transport of TRKA. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1036-1053 pubmed publisherWe recently identified pathogenic KIF1B? mutations in sympathetic nervous system malignancies that are defective in developmental apoptosis...
- Beaven D. Morals and ethics in medical research. N Z Med J. 1975;81:519-24 pubmed
- Gong T, Winnicki R, Kohrman D, Lomax M. A novel mouse kinesin of the UNC-104/KIF1 subfamily encoded by the Kif1b gene. Gene. 1999;239:117-27 pubmed..The shorter 7.8 kb mRNA encodes a 130 kDa kinesin, KIF1Bp130, whereas the 10 kb mRNA encodes a 204 kDa kinesin, KIF1Bp204...
- Gong T, Burmeister M, Lomax M. The novel gene D4Mil1e maps to mouse chromosome 4 and human chromosome 1p36. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:790-1 pubmed
- Kong X, Wang D, Zhou C, Zhou H, Liang C. Loss of function of KIF1B impairs oocyte meiotic maturation and early embryonic development in mice. Mol Reprod Dev. 2016;83:1027-1040 pubmed publisherKinesin family member 1B (KIF1B) is an important microtubule-dependent monomeric motor in mammals, although little is known about its role in meiosis...
- Hirokawa N, Takemura R. Biochemical and molecular characterization of diseases linked to motor proteins. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:558-65 pubmed..Studies using knockout mice for kinesin KIF1B have led to the identification of the cause of a human hereditary neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A...
- Charalambous D, Pasciuto E, Mercaldo V, Pilo Boyl P, Munck S, Bagni C, et al. KIF1B? transports dendritically localized mRNPs in neurons and is recruited to synapses in an activity-dependent manner. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:335-56 pubmed publisherb>KIF1B? is a kinesin-like, microtubule-based molecular motor protein involved in anterograde axonal vesicular transport in vertebrate and invertebrate neurons...
- Reed B, Cefalu C, Bellaire B, Cardelli J, Louis T, Salamon J, et al. GLUT1CBP(TIP2/GIPC1) interactions with GLUT1 and myosin VI: evidence supporting an adapter function for GLUT1CBP. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4183-201 pubmed
- Teng J, Rai T, Tanaka Y, Takei Y, Nakata T, Hirasawa M, et al. The KIF3 motor transports N-cadherin and organizes the developing neuroepithelium. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:474-82 pubmed..Furthermore, in KAP3-deficient cells, the subcellular localization of N-cadherin was disrupted. Taken together, these results suggest a potential tumour-suppressing activity for this molecular motor. ..
- Kneussel M, Brandstätter J, Laube B, Stahl S, Muller U, Betz H. Loss of postsynaptic GABA(A) receptor clustering in gephyrin-deficient mice. J Neurosci. 1999;19:9289-97 pubmed..In addition, gephyrin may be important for efficient membrane insertion and/or metabolic stabilization of inhibitory receptors at developing postsynaptic sites. ..
- Okada Y, Yamazaki H, Sekine Aizawa Y, Hirokawa N. The neuron-specific kinesin superfamily protein KIF1A is a unique monomeric motor for anterograde axonal transport of synaptic vesicle precursors. Cell. 1995;81:769-80 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that the membrane proteins are sorted into different classes of transport organelles in the cell body and are transported by their specific motor proteins through the axon. ..
- Matthews R, Sardovia M, Lewis N, Zand R. Biphasic kinetic plots and specific analogs distinguishing and describing amino acid transport sites in S37 ascites tumor cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;394:182-92 pubmed..We demonstrate that the carboxyl group is not a prerequisite molecular feature for inhibitory interaction with the A or L system. ..
- Conforti L, Buckmaster E, Tarlton A, Brown M, Lyon M, Perry V, et al. The major brain isoform of kif1b lacks the putative mitochondria-binding domain. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:617-22 pubmed..identified a member of the kinesin superfamily whose predicted gene product has the N-terminal motor domain of Kif1b and a novel C-terminal cargo-binding domain homologous to Kif1a...