Genomes and Genes
kidney androgen regulated protein
Gene Symbol: kidney androgen regulated protein
Description: kidney androgen regulated protein
Alias: AW146435, FKSG22, kidney androgen-regulated protein, ARP
- High-resolution linkage map in the proximity of the host resistance locus Cmv1C Depatie
Center for the Study of Host Resistance, McGill University, Montreal General Hospital, Quebec, Canada
Genomics 39:154-63. 1997..This work demonstrates tight linkage between Cmv1 and genes from the natural killer complex (NKC), such as Nkrp1 and Ly49A, suggesting that Cmv1 may represent an NK cell recognition structure encoded in the NKC region...
- Widespread expression of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 1 gene (Insp3r1) in the mouse central nervous systemT Furuichi
Division of Behavior and Neurobiology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Japan
Receptors Channels 1:11-24. 1993..The chromosomal localization of the gene coding for InsP3R1 was confirmed on chromosome 6 but was found to be genetically independent of the Lurcher (Lc) mutation...
- Increased oxidative stress, the renin-angiotensin system, and sympathetic overactivation induce hypertension in kidney androgen-regulated protein transgenic miceMaria T Grande
Renal and Cardiovascular Physiopathology Unit, Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia, Universidad de Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Free Radic Biol Med 51:1831-41. 2011..Moreover, our results suggest a role for increased oxidative stress in the CNS as a major cause of hypertension in these animals...
- The murine lymphotoxin-beta receptor cDNA: isolation by the signal sequence trap and chromosomal mappingT Nakamura
Department of Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Genomics 30:312-9. 1995..We performed chromosomal mapping of the murine LT beta-R gene by linkage analysis with recombinant inbred mouse strains and found that its locus is very close to the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 gene on chromosome 6...
- An abundant androgen-regulated mRNA in the mouse kidneyJ J Toole
Cell 17:441-8. 1979..With the rapidly expanding knowledge of mouse genetics, KAP should prove useful in determining genetic factors which regulate the inducibility and tissue specificity of a hormonally regulated gene...
- Different roles for KIF17 and kinesin II in photoreceptor development and maintenanceChristine Insinna
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2211-22. 2009..In contrast, dominant-negative KIF17 has no obvious effect on inner segment or synaptic organization but has an immediate impact on outer segment assembly...
- Kidney androgen-regulated protein transgenic mice show hypertension and renal alterations mediated by oxidative stressO Tornavaca
Fisiopatologia Renal, Centre d Investigacions en Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Circulation 119:1908-17. 2009..Kidney androgen-regulated protein (KAP), a proximal tubule androgen-regulated gene, codes for a protein of unknown function...
- Identification and characterization of the minimal androgen-regulated kidney-specific kidney androgen-regulated protein gene promoterLiqiang Fan
The State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40:979-88. 2008..In conclusion, we defined the minimal Kap147 promoter that may be a good model for the study of kidney PTC-specific expression and molecular mechanisms that lead to an androgen-specific responsiveness in vivo...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-mediated role of thyroid hormone in the developmental expression of the kidney androgen-regulated protein gene in proximal convoluted tubulesN Teixido
Centre d Investigacions en Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Institut de Recerca Vall d Hebron, Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Mol Endocrinol 20:389-404. 2006..Finally, we propose that TH and GH, acting through CCAAT/enhancer binding protein, may constitute a general regulatory mechanism of androgen-dependent genes in mouse kidney...
- Hormone-specific regulation of the kidney androgen-regulated gene promoter in cultured mouse renal proximal-tubule cellsMontse Soler
Centre d Investigacions en Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular CIBBIM, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Biochem J 366:757-66. 2002....
- Assessment of Cmv1 candidates by genetic mapping and in vivo antibody depletion of NK cell subsetsC Depatie
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, H3G 1Y6 Quebec, Canada
Int Immunol 11:1541-51. 1999..Whether residual NK cells, post-depletion, belong to a particular subset expressing another Ly49 receptor, or a molecule encoded by a yet to be identified gene of the NKC, is discussed...
- Chromosomal mapping of Tmp (Emp1), Xmp (Emp2), and Ymp (Emp3), genes encoding membrane proteins related to Pmp22I Ben-Porath
Department of Genetics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Genomics 49:443-7. 1998..These data suggest that this family of membrane glycoproteins evolved as a result of chromosomal duplications...
- The Cmv1 host resistance locus is closely linked to the Ly49 multigene family within the natural killer cell gene complex on mouse chromosome 6C A Forbes
Department of Microbiology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Genomics 41:406-13. 1997..4 map units. Furthermore, Cmv1 maps distal to, but very closely linked to, the Ly49 multigene family (< 0.2 map units), suggesting that MCMV resistance may be conferred by MHC class I-specific NK cell receptors...
- Effects of thyroid hormone on the androgenic expression of KAP gene in mouse kidneyE Sole
Unitat de Recerca Biomedica, Hospital Materno Infantil Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cell Endocrinol 119:147-59. 1996..Impairment of KAP cortical expression in hypothyroid animals does not correlate with lower levels of androgens or androgen receptor expression...
- Two isoforms of the kidney androgen-regulated protein are encoded by two alleles of a single gene in OF1 miceE Melanitou
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique et Biochimie du Développement, Departement d Immunologie, Paris, France
Genet Res 59:117-24. 1992..A restriction fragment length polymorphism has been observed, which does not correlate with the protein polymorphism, indicating the presence of another allele in the OF1 mouse genome...
- Effects of pituitary hormones on the cell-specific expression of the KAP geneA Meseguer
The Population Council, New York, NY 10021
Mol Cell Endocrinol 89:153-62. 1992..The possible participation of GH and PRL was eliminated on the basis of the hormone replacement studies.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Thyroid hormone controls the cell-specific expression of the kidney androgen-regulated protein gene in S3 mouse kidney cellsE Sole
Unitat de Recerca Biomedica, Hospital Universitari Materno Infantil Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Endocrinology 135:2120-9. 1994..By using immunocytochemical analysis and specific antibodies against alpha- and beta-TH receptors we have determined the presence of both types of receptors in all segments of the proximal tubules...
- Kidney androgen-regulated protein gene is expressed in the uterus during late pregnancyJ W Kasik
MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44109
Mol Cell Endocrinol 90:239-42. 1993..In addition to the kidney, KAP gene is also transcribed at equivalent levels in the uterus. Unlike the kidney, expression in the uterus is limited to the perinatal period...
- Genetic mapping of Cmv1 in the region of mouse chromosome 6 encoding the NK gene complex-associated loci Ly49 and musNKR-P1A A Scalzo
Department of Microbiology, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Center, University of Western Australia, Nedlands
Genomics 27:435-41. 1995..Thus, the close linkage of Cmv1 to the Ly49 and musNKR-P1 multigene families suggests that it may represent an NK cell recognition structure encoded in the NKC region...
- Structure and expression of androgen-regulated genes in mouse kidneyC S Watson
Ann N Y Acad Sci 438:101-14. 1984
- Unique patterns of androgen regulation of the expression of two genes in murine kidneyJ F Catterall
Population Council, New York, NY 10021
J Steroid Biochem 27:193-9. 1987..The analysis of the accumulation of the mRNAs produced by these two genes suggests that gene-specific differential sensitivity to androgen receptor complexes governs the development of the cellular male phenotype in this tissue...
- Nucleotide sequence of kidney androgen-regulated protein mRNA and its cell-specific expression in Tfm/Y miceA Meseguer
Population Council, New York, New York 10021
Mol Endocrinol 3:962-7. 1989..Expression of KAP mRNA in these cells is responsible for the relatively high basal levels of KAP mRNA in female and castrated male animals, and induction in these cells occurs by an androgen receptor (AR)-independent mechanism...
- Cell-specific expression of kidney androgen-regulated protein messenger RNA is under multihormonal controlA Meseguer
Population Council, New York, New York 10021
Mol Endocrinol 4:1240-8. 1990..These results indicate that KAP gene expression is subject to cell-specific regulation in different segments of the proximal tubule and that this regulation is mediated by hormones of both gonadal and pituitary origin...
- Genomic organization and DNA sequence of the mouse kidney androgen-regulated protein (KAP) geneE M Niu
Population Council, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
DNA Cell Biol 10:41-8. 1991..The gene exhibits a high degree of a genetic polymorphism as revealed by comparison of restriction digests of DNA from two highly inbred strains, BALB/c and C57BL/6...
- The gene coding for the kidney androgen-regulated protein (Kap), maps between the Gapd and Kras-2 genes on mouse chromosome 6E Melanitou
Unité de Génétique et Biochimie du développement Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Mamm Genome 1:191-2. 1991
- Isolation of Vgr-2, a novel member of the transforming growth factor-beta-related gene familyC M Jones
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Mol Endocrinol 6:1961-8. 1992..Vgr-2 is expressed in F9 teratocarcinoma cells, and its RNA levels are down-regulated within 24 h after differentiation with retinoic acid. The genomic organization of Vgr-2 and its location on mouse chromosome 6 are reported...
- Concordance of murine quantitative trait loci for salt-induced hypertension with rat and human lociF Sugiyama
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genomics 71:70-7. 2001....