Genomes and Genes
kidney androgen regulated protein
Gene Symbol: kidney androgen regulated protein
Description: kidney androgen regulated protein
Alias: AW146435, FKSG22, kidney androgen-regulated protein, ARP
Products: kidney androgen regulated protein
- Depatie C, Muise E, Lepage P, Gros P, Vidal S. High-resolution linkage map in the proximity of the host resistance locus Cmv1. Genomics. 1997;39:154-63 pubmed..This work demonstrates tight linkage between Cmv1 and genes from the natural killer complex (NKC), such as Nkrp1 and Ly49A, suggesting that Cmv1 may represent an NK cell recognition structure encoded in the NKC region. ..
- Meseguer A, Catterall J. Effects of pituitary hormones on the cell-specific expression of the KAP gene. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1992;89:153-62 pubmed..The possible participation of GH and PRL was eliminated on the basis of the hormone replacement studies.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Toole J, Hastie N, Held W. An abundant androgen-regulated mRNA in the mouse kidney. Cell. 1979;17:441-8 pubmed..With the rapidly expanding knowledge of mouse genetics, KAP should prove useful in determining genetic factors which regulate the inducibility and tissue specificity of a hormonally regulated gene. ..
- Sole E, Calvo R, Obregon M, Meseguer A. Effects of thyroid hormone on the androgenic expression of KAP gene in mouse kidney. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1996;119:147-59 pubmed..Impairment of KAP cortical expression in hypothyroid animals does not correlate with lower levels of androgens or androgen receptor expression. ..
- Meseguer A, Catterall J. Cell-specific expression of kidney androgen-regulated protein messenger RNA is under multihormonal control. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:1240-8 pubmed..These results indicate that KAP gene expression is subject to cell-specific regulation in different segments of the proximal tubule and that this regulation is mediated by hormones of both gonadal and pituitary origin. ..
- Kasik J, Rice E. Kidney androgen-regulated protein gene is expressed in the uterus during late pregnancy. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1993;90:239-42 pubmed..In addition to the kidney, KAP gene is also transcribed at equivalent levels in the uterus. Unlike the kidney, expression in the uterus is limited to the perinatal period. ..
- Sole E, Calvo R, Obregon M, Meseguer A. Thyroid hormone controls the cell-specific expression of the kidney androgen-regulated protein gene in S3 mouse kidney cells. Endocrinology. 1994;135:2120-9 pubmed..By using immunocytochemical analysis and specific antibodies against alpha- and beta-TH receptors we have determined the presence of both types of receptors in all segments of the proximal tubules. ..
- Tornavaca O, Pascual G, Barreiro M, Grande M, Carretero A, Riera M, et al. Kidney androgen-regulated protein transgenic mice show hypertension and renal alterations mediated by oxidative stress. Circulation. 2009;119:1908-17 pubmed publisher..These observations may shed light on the molecular pathophysiology of gender differences in the prevalence and severity of hypertension and chronic renal disease. ..
- Fan L, Hardy D, Catteral J, Zhao J, Li S. Identification and characterization of the minimal androgen-regulated kidney-specific kidney androgen-regulated protein gene promoter. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:979-88 pubmed..In conclusion, we defined the minimal Kap147 promoter that may be a good model for the study of kidney PTC-specific expression and molecular mechanisms that lead to an androgen-specific responsiveness in vivo. ..
- Teixido N, Soler M, Rivera N, Bernues J, Meseguer A. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-mediated role of thyroid hormone in the developmental expression of the kidney androgen-regulated protein gene in proximal convoluted tubules. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:389-404 pubmed..Finally, we propose that TH and GH, acting through CCAAT/enhancer binding protein, may constitute a general regulatory mechanism of androgen-dependent genes in mouse kidney. ..
- Depatie C, Chalifour A, Pare C, Lee S, Vidal S, Lemieux S. Assessment of Cmv1 candidates by genetic mapping and in vivo antibody depletion of NK cell subsets. Int Immunol. 1999;11:1541-51 pubmed..Whether residual NK cells, post-depletion, belong to a particular subset expressing another Ly49 receptor, or a molecule encoded by a yet to be identified gene of the NKC, is discussed. ..
- Scalzo A, Lyons P, Fitzgerald N, Forbes C, Yokoyama W, Shellam G. Genetic mapping of Cmv1 in the region of mouse chromosome 6 encoding the NK gene complex-associated loci Ly49 and musNKR-P1. Genomics. 1995;27:435-41 pubmed..Thus, the close linkage of Cmv1 to the Ly49 and musNKR-P1 multigene families suggests that it may represent an NK cell recognition structure encoded in the NKC region. ..
- Nakamura T, Tashiro K, Nazarea M, Nakano T, Sasayama S, Honjo T. The murine lymphotoxin-beta receptor cDNA: isolation by the signal sequence trap and chromosomal mapping. Genomics. 1995;30:312-9 pubmed..We performed chromosomal mapping of the murine LT beta-R gene by linkage analysis with recombinant inbred mouse strains and found that its locus is very close to the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 gene on chromosome 6. ..
- Grande M, Pascual G, Riolobos A, Clemente Lorenzo M, Bardaji B, Barreiro L, et al. Increased oxidative stress, the renin-angiotensin system, and sympathetic overactivation induce hypertension in kidney androgen-regulated protein transgenic mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:1831-41 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results suggest a role for increased oxidative stress in the CNS as a major cause of hypertension in these animals. ..
- Insinna C, Humby M, Sedmak T, Wolfrum U, Besharse J. Different roles for KIF17 and kinesin II in photoreceptor development and maintenance. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2211-22 pubmed publisher..In contrast, dominant-negative KIF17 has no obvious effect on inner segment or synaptic organization but has an immediate impact on outer segment assembly. ..
- Ben Porath I, Kozak C, Benvenisty N. Chromosomal mapping of Tmp (Emp1), Xmp (Emp2), and Ymp (Emp3), genes encoding membrane proteins related to Pmp22. Genomics. 1998;49:443-7 pubmed..These data suggest that this family of membrane glycoproteins evolved as a result of chromosomal duplications. ..
- Furuichi T, Simon Chazottes D, Fujino I, Yamada N, Hasegawa M, Miyawaki A, et al. Widespread expression of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 1 gene (Insp3r1) in the mouse central nervous system. Receptors Channels. 1993;1:11-24 pubmed..The chromosomal localization of the gene coding for InsP3R1 was confirmed on chromosome 6 but was found to be genetically independent of the Lurcher (Lc) mutation. ..
- Watson C, Salomon D, Catterall J. Structure and expression of androgen-regulated genes in mouse kidney. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1984;438:101-14 pubmed
- Catterall J, Watson C, Funkenstein B. Unique patterns of androgen regulation of the expression of two genes in murine kidney. J Steroid Biochem. 1987;27:193-9 pubmed..The analysis of the accumulation of the mRNAs produced by these two genes suggests that gene-specific differential sensitivity to androgen receptor complexes governs the development of the cellular male phenotype in this tissue. ..
- Meseguer A, Watson C, Catterall J. Nucleotide sequence of kidney androgen-regulated protein mRNA and its cell-specific expression in Tfm/Y mice. Mol Endocrinol. 1989;3:962-7 pubmed..Expression of KAP mRNA in these cells is responsible for the relatively high basal levels of KAP mRNA in female and castrated male animals, and induction in these cells occurs by an androgen receptor (AR)-independent mechanism. ..
- Melanitou E, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Rougeon F. The gene coding for the kidney androgen-regulated protein (Kap), maps between the Gapd and Kras-2 genes on mouse chromosome 6. Mamm Genome. 1991;1:191-2 pubmed
- Jones C, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Hogan B. Isolation of Vgr-2, a novel member of the transforming growth factor-beta-related gene family. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:1961-8 pubmed..Vgr-2 is expressed in F9 teratocarcinoma cells, and its RNA levels are down-regulated within 24 h after differentiation with retinoic acid. The genomic organization of Vgr-2 and its location on mouse chromosome 6 are reported. ..
- Melanitou E, Tronik D, Rougeon F. Two isoforms of the kidney androgen-regulated protein are encoded by two alleles of a single gene in OF1 mice. Genet Res. 1992;59:117-24 pubmed..A restriction fragment length polymorphism has been observed, which does not correlate with the protein polymorphism, indicating the presence of another allele in the OF1 mouse genome. ..
- Forbes C, Brown M, Cho R, Shellam G, Yokoyama W, Scalzo A. The Cmv1 host resistance locus is closely linked to the Ly49 multigene family within the natural killer cell gene complex on mouse chromosome 6. Genomics. 1997;41:406-13 pubmed..4 map units. Furthermore, Cmv1 maps distal to, but very closely linked to, the Ly49 multigene family (< 0.2 map units), suggesting that MCMV resistance may be conferred by MHC class I-specific NK cell receptors. ..
- Soler M, Tornavaca O, Solé E, Menoyo A, Hardy D, Catterall J, et al. Hormone-specific regulation of the kidney androgen-regulated gene promoter in cultured mouse renal proximal-tubule cells. Biochem J. 2002;366:757-66 pubmed
- Niu E, Meseguer A, Catterall J. Genomic organization and DNA sequence of the mouse kidney androgen-regulated protein (KAP) gene. DNA Cell Biol. 1991;10:41-8 pubmed..The gene exhibits a high degree of a genetic polymorphism as revealed by comparison of restriction digests of DNA from two highly inbred strains, BALB/c and C57BL/6. ..