Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Khk
Alias: ketohexokinase, hepatic fructokinase
- Patel C, Douard V, Yu S, Gao N, Ferraris R. Transport, metabolism, and endosomal trafficking-dependent regulation of intestinal fructose absorption. FASEB J. 2015;29:4046-58 pubmed publisher..member 5 (GLUT5) is the primary fructose transporter and that fructose absorption via GLUT5, metabolism via ketohexokinase (KHK), as well as GLUT5 trafficking to the apical membrane via the Ras-related protein-in-brain 11 (Rab11)a-..
- Patel C, Douard V, Yu S, Tharabenjasin P, Gao N, Ferraris R. Fructose-induced increases in expression of intestinal fructolytic and gluconeogenic genes are regulated by GLUT5 and KHK. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015;309:R499-509 pubmed publisher..test the hypothesis that fructose absorption via glucose transporter protein, member 5 (GLUT5), metabolism via ketohexokinase (KHK), as well as GLUT5 trafficking to the apical membrane via the Ras-related protein in brain 11a (Rab11a)-..
- Wightman P, Hayward B, Bonthron D. The genes encoding glucokinase regulatory protein and ketohexokinase co-localize to mouse chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:700-1 pubmed
- Patel C, Sugimoto K, Douard V, Shah A, Inui H, Yamanouchi T, et al. Effect of dietary fructose on portal and systemic serum fructose levels in rats and in KHK-/- and GLUT5-/- mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;309:G779-90 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that diet-induced changes in blood fructose concentrations are regulated by ketohexokinase (KHK) and the fructose transporter GLUT5...
- Mirtschink P, Krishnan J, Grimm F, Sarre A, HÃ¶rl M, Kayikci M, et al. HIF-driven SF3B1 induces KHK-C to enforce fructolysis and heart disease. Nature. 2015;522:444-449 pubmed publisher..The central fructose-metabolising enzyme is ketohexokinase (KHK), which exists in two isoforms: KHK-A and KHK-C, generated through mutually exclusive alternative ..
- Lanaspa M, Ishimoto T, Cicerchi C, Tamura Y, Roncal Jimenez C, Chen W, et al. Endogenous fructose production and fructokinase activation mediate renal injury in diabetic nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:2526-38 pubmed publisher..sorbitol can be converted to fructose, which is then metabolized largely by fructokinase, also known as ketohexokinase, leading to ATP depletion, proinflammatory cytokine expression, and oxidative stress...
- Roncal Jimenez C, Ishimoto T, Lanaspa M, Rivard C, Nakagawa T, Ejaz A, et al. Fructokinase activity mediates dehydration-induced renal injury. Kidney Int. 2014;86:294-302 pubmed publisher..Access to sufficient water during the dehydration period can protect mice from developing renal injury. These studies provide a potential mechanism for Mesoamerican nephropathy. ..
- Ishimoto T, Lanaspa M, Rivard C, Roncal Jimenez C, Orlicky D, Cicerchi C, et al. High-fat and high-sucrose (western) diet induces steatohepatitis that is dependent on fructokinase. Hepatology. 2013;58:1632-43 pubmed publisher..These studies emphasize the important role of fructose in the development of fatty liver and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. ..