Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kdm4c
Description: lysine (K)-specific demethylase 4C
Alias: 2410141F18Rik, AA517467, Gasc1, Jmjd2c, lysine-specific demethylase 4C, gene amplified in squamous cell carcinoma 1, jmjC domain-containing histone demethylation protein 3C, jumonji domain containing 2C, jumonji domain-containing protein 2C
- Ozaki Y, Fujiwara K, Ikeda M, Ozaki T, Terui T, Soma M, et al. The oncogenic role of GASC1 in chemically induced mouse skin cancer. Mamm Genome. 2015;26:591-7 pubmed publisherGene amplified in squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) 1 (GASC1), also known as KDM4C/JMJD2C, encodes a histone demethylase that specifically demethylates lysine residues (H3K9, H3K36, and H1...
- Kawazu M, Saso K, Tong K, McQuire T, Goto K, Son D, et al. Histone demethylase JMJD2B functions as a co-factor of estrogen receptor in breast cancer proliferation and mammary gland development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17830 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest an essential role for JMJD2B in the estrogen signaling, and identify JMJD2B as a potential therapeutic target in breast cancer. ..
- Cheung N, Fung T, Zeisig B, Holmes K, Rane J, Mowen K, et al. Targeting Aberrant Epigenetic Networks Mediated by PRMT1 and KDM4C in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:32-48 pubmed publisher..PRMT1 is necessary but not sufficient for leukemic transformation, which requires co-recruitment of KDM4C, an H3K9 demethylase, by chimeric transcription factors to mediate epigenetic reprogramming...
- Pedersen M, Agger K, Laugesen A, Johansen J, Cloos P, Christensen J, et al. The demethylase JMJD2C localizes to H3K4me3-positive transcription start sites and is dispensable for embryonic development. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1031-45 pubmed publisherThe histone demethylase JMJD2C, also known as KDM4C/GASC1, has activity against methylated H3K9 and H3K36 and is amplified and/or overexpressed in human cancers...
- Das P, Shao Z, Beyaz S, Apostolou E, Pinello L, De Los Angeles A, et al. Distinct and combinatorial functions of Jmjd2b/Kdm4b and Jmjd2c/Kdm4c in mouse embryonic stem cell identity. Mol Cell. 2014;53:32-48 pubmed publisher..In-depth analyses demonstrate that the closely related HDMs Jmjd2b and Jmjd2c are necessary for self-renewal of ESCs and induced pluripotent stem cell generation...
- Sridharan R, Gonzales Cope M, Chronis C, Bonora G, McKee R, Huang C, et al. Proteomic and genomic approaches reveal critical functions of H3K9 methylation and heterochromatin protein-1? in reprogramming to pluripotency. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:872-82 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that Cbx3 and H3K9 methylation restrict late reprogramming events, and suggest that a marked change in global chromatin character constitutes an epigenetic roadblock for reprogramming. ..
- Agger K, Miyagi S, Pedersen M, Kooistra S, Johansen J, Helin K. Jmjd2/Kdm4 demethylases are required for expression of Il3ra and survival of acute myeloid leukemia cells. Genes Dev. 2016;30:1278-88 pubmed publisher..Using Jmjd2a, Jmjd2b, and Jmjd2c conditional triple-knockout mice, we show that Jmjd2/Kdm4 activities are required for MLL-AF9 translocated AML in ..
- Pedersen M, Kooistra S, Radzisheuskaya A, Laugesen A, Johansen J, Hayward D, et al. Continual removal of H3K9 promoter methylation by Jmjd2 demethylases is vital for ESC self-renewal and early development. EMBO J. 2016;35:1550-64 pubmed publisher..of the Jmjd2 family of H3K9/H3K36 histone demethylases, we generated conditional Jmjd2a/Kdm4a, Jmjd2b/Kdm4b and Jmjd2c/Kdm4c/Gasc1 single, double and triple knockout mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs)...
- Fisher C, Marks H, Cho L, Andrews R, Wormald S, Carroll T, et al. An efficient method for generation of bi-allelic null mutant mouse embryonic stem cells and its application for investigating epigenetic modifiers. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e174 pubmed publisher..Our strategy to generate null mutant mouse ES cells is applicable to thousands of genes and repurposes existing IKMC Intermediate Vectors. ..
- Dahl J, Jung I, Aanes H, Greggains G, Manaf A, Lerdrup M, et al. Broad histone H3K4me3 domains in mouse oocytes modulate maternal-to-zygotic transition. Nature. 2016;537:548-552 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the onset of the developmental program in mouse embryos and demonstrate a role for broad H3K4me3 domains in MZT. ..
- Fujiwara K, Fujita Y, Kasai A, Onaka Y, Hashimoto H, Okada H, et al. Deletion of JMJD2B in neurons leads to defective spine maturation, hyperactive behavior and memory deficits in mouse. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e766 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for the involvement of histone demethylation in the formation of functional neural networks during development. ..
- Wu L, Wary K, REVSKOY S, Gao X, Tsang K, Komarova Y, et al. Histone Demethylases KDM4A and KDM4C Regulate Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells to Endothelial Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2015;5:10-21 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrated that the histone demethylases KDM4A and KDM4C played an indispensable but independent role in mediating the expression of fetal liver kinase (Flk)1 and VE-..
- Tomaz R, Harman J, Karimlou D, Weavers L, Fritsch L, Bou Kheir T, et al. Jmjd2c facilitates the assembly of essential enhancer-protein complexes at the onset of embryonic stem cell differentiation. Development. 2017;144:567-579 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about their importance at the exit of ESC pluripotency. Here, we reveal that Jmjd2c facilitates this process by stabilising the assembly of mediator-cohesin complexes at lineage-specific enhancers...