Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kdm4b
Description: lysine (K)-specific demethylase 4B
Alias: 4732474L06Rik, Jmjd2b, lysine-specific demethylase 4B, jmjC domain-containing histone demethylation protein 3B, jumonji domain-containing protein 2B
- Wang J, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Kou Z, Han Z, Chen D, et al. The histone demethylase JMJD2C is stage-specifically expressed in preimplantation mouse embryos and is required for embryonic development. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:105-11 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the deregulation of these critical genes synergistically causes the developmental defects observed in JMJD2C-depleted embryos. ..
- Mallette F, Mattiroli F, Cui G, Young L, Hendzel M, Mer G, et al. RNF8- and RNF168-dependent degradation of KDM4A/JMJD2A triggers 53BP1 recruitment to DNA damage sites. EMBO J. 2012;31:1865-78 pubmed publisher..The combined knockdown of JMJD2A and JMJD2B significantly rescued the ability of RNF8- and RNF168-deficient cells to form 53BP1 foci...
- Guo L, Li X, Huang J, Huang H, Zhang Y, Qian S, et al. Histone demethylase Kdm4b functions as a co-factor of C/EBP? to promote mitotic clonal expansion during differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1917-27 pubmed publisher..In this report, histone demethylase Kdm4b, as well as cell cycle genes Cdc45l (cell division cycle 45 homolog), Mcm3 (mini-chromosome maintenance complex ..
- Das N, Choi M, Jung K, Park J, Lee H, Das A, et al. Functional analysis of histone demethylase Jmjd2b on lipopolysaccharide-treated murine neural stem cells (NSCs). Neurotox Res. 2013;23:154-65 pubmed publisher..We found that Jmjd2b, histone-3 lysine-9 di-/tri-methyl (H3K9me2/3) demethylase, is functional following LPS treatment and is crucial ..
- Pedersen M, Kooistra S, Radzisheuskaya A, Laugesen A, Johansen J, Hayward D, et al. Continual removal of H3K9 promoter methylation by Jmjd2 demethylases is vital for ESC self-renewal and early development. EMBO J. 2016;35:1550-64 pubmed publisher..the functions of the Jmjd2 family of H3K9/H3K36 histone demethylases, we generated conditional Jmjd2a/Kdm4a, Jmjd2b/Kdm4b and Jmjd2c/Kdm4c/Gasc1 single, double and triple knockout mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs)...
- Jang M, Kim J, Jung M. Histone H3K9 Demethylase JMJD2B Activates Adipogenesis by Regulating H3K9 Methylation on PPAR? and C/EBP? during Adipogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0168185 pubmed publisher..b>JMJD2B is a H3K9me3/me2 demethylase that was previously shown to activate adipogenesis by promoting mitotic clonal ..
- Choi J, Song Y, Lee H. The histone demethylase KDM4B interacts with MyoD to regulate myogenic differentiation in C2C12 myoblast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:872-8 pubmed publisher..Here we present evidences that KDM4B histone demethylase regulates expression of myogenic regulators such as MyoD and thereby controls myogenic ..
- Gupta J, Kumar S, Li J, Krishna Murthy Karuturi R, Tikoo K. Histone H3 lysine 4 monomethylation (H3K4me1) and H3 lysine 9 monomethylation (H3K9me1): distribution and their association in regulating gene expression under hyperglycaemic/hyperinsulinemic conditions in 3T3 cells. Biochimie. 2012;94:2656-64 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we provide first evidence regarding regulation of histone de/acetylases and de/methylases; Myst4, Jmjd2b, Aof1 and Set by H3Ac, H3K4me1 and H3K9me1 under hyperinsulinemic/hyperglycaemic condition...