Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnk9
Description: potassium channel, subfamily K, member 9
Alias: Task3, TWIK-related acid-sensitive K(+) channel 3, acid-sensitive potassium channel protein TASK-3, potassium channel subfamily K member 9
- A role for TASK-1 (KCNK3) channels in the chemosensory control of breathingStefan Trapp
Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Imperial College London, London SW109NH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:8844-50. 2008..TASK-1 channels therefore play a key role in the control of ventilation by peripheral chemoreceptors...
- Zinc and mercuric ions distinguish TRESK from the other two-pore-domain K+ channelsGábor Czirják
Department of Physiology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, H 1444
Mol Pharmacol 69:1024-32. 2006..Thus, both Zn2+ and Hg2+ are expected to inhibit endogenous TRESK in isolated mouse cells, and these ions can be applied to identify the calcineurin-activated 2PK+ channel in its natural environment...
- Volume regulation of murine T lymphocytes relies on voltage-dependent and two-pore domain potassium channelsNicole Bobak
University of Muenster, Department of neurology Inflammatory disorders of the nervous system and neurooncology, Domagkstr, 13, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:2036-44. 2011..This study explores a putative role of the newly identified K(2P) channels (TASK1, TASK2, TASK3 and TRESK) along with the voltage-gated potassium channel K(V)1...
- TASK channels are not required to mount an aldosterone secretory response to metabolic acidosis in miceNick A Guagliardo
University of Virginia, Department of Pharmacology, 1340 Jefferson Park Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 336:47-52. 2011..Thus, we conclude that TASK channels are not required for the stimulation of aldosterone production by protons but their inhibition by physiological acidosis may contribute to full expression of the steroidogenic response...
- Motoneuronal TASK channels contribute to immobilizing effects of inhalational general anestheticsRoman M Lazarenko
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0735, USA
J Neurosci 30:7691-704. 2010....
- Expression of the kcnk3 potassium channel gene lessens the injury from cerebral ischemia, most likely by a general influence on blood pressureS Muhammad
Department of Pharmacology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neuroscience 167:758-64. 2010..Nevertheless, a consequence of having TASK-1 channels expressed (in various non-neuronal tissues and organs) is that neuronal damage is lessened when stroke occurs...
- An unexpected role for TASK-3 potassium channels in network oscillations with implications for sleep mechanisms and anesthetic actionDaniel S J Pang
Biophysics Section, Blackett Laboratory, Imperial College, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:17546-51. 2009..These results imply a previously unexpected role for TASK-3 channels in the cellular mechanisms underlying these behaviors and suggest that endogenous modulators of these channels may regulate theta oscillations...
- Deletion of TASK1 and TASK3 channels disrupts intrinsic excitability but does not abolish glucose or pH responses of orexin/hypocretin neuronsJ A Gonzalez
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1 PD, UK
Eur J Neurosci 30:57-64. 2009..It was recently proposed that TASK (TWIK-related acid-sensitive potassium) channels [TASK1 (K(2P)3.1) and/or TASK3 (K(2P)9...
- Glucose inhibition persists in hypothalamic neurons lacking tandem-pore K+ channelsAlice Guyon
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Neurosci 29:2528-33. 2009..and halothane, and resistance to ruthenium red designated the tandem-pore K(+) (K(2P)) channel subunit TASK3 as part of the glucose-induced channel...
- The M1P1 loop of TASK3 K2P channels apposes the selectivity filter and influences channel functionCatherine E Clarke
Medway School of Pharmacy, Universities of Kent and Greenwich at Medway, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4TB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:16985-92. 2008..The TASK (TASK1, TASK3, and TASK5) subfamily of K2P channels is regulated by a number of different pharmacological and physiological ..
- TASK channel deletion in mice causes primary hyperaldosteronismLucinda A Davies
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2203-8. 2008..Our studies establish an animal model of nontumorigenic primary hyperaldosteronism and identify TASK channels as a possible therapeutic target for primary hyperaldosteronism...
- TASK channels determine pH sensitivity in select respiratory neurons but do not contribute to central respiratory chemosensitivityDaniel K Mulkey
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 27:14049-58. 2007..Furthermore, they indicate that a non-TASK K+ current contributes to chemosensitivity of RTN neurons, which are profoundly pH-sensitive and capable of driving respiratory output in response to local pH changes in vivo...
- TASK-3 knockout mice exhibit exaggerated nocturnal activity, impairments in cognitive functions, and reduced sensitivity to inhalation anestheticsAnni Maija Linden
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, POB 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:924-34. 2007..Overall, our results suggest important contributions of TASK-3 channels in the neuronal circuits regulating circadian rhythms, cognitive functions, and mediating specific pharmacological effects...
- TASK-3 two-pore domain potassium channels enable sustained high-frequency firing in cerebellar granule neuronsStephen G Brickley
Biophysics Group, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:9329-40. 2007....
- Sequence-based bioinformatic prediction and QUASEP identify genomic imprinting of the KCNK9 potassium channel gene in mouse and humanNico Ruf
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 16:2591-9. 2007..Allele-Specific Expression by Pyrosequencing (QUASEP) and discovered maternal-specific imprinted expression of the Kcnk9 gene as well as strain-dependent preferential expression of the Rarres1 gene in E11...
- TASK-like conductances are present within hippocampal CA1 stratum oriens interneuron subpopulationsChristine L Torborg
Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 26:7362-7. 2006TASK-1 (KCNK3) and TASK-3 (KCNK9) are members of the two-pore domain potassium channel family and form either homomeric or heteromeric open-rectifier (leak) channels...
- Membrane resting potential of thalamocortical relay neurons is shaped by the interaction among TASK3 and HCN2 channelsSven G Meuth
Neurologische Klinik, Bayerische Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg, Germany
J Neurophysiol 96:1517-29. 2006..RT-PCR experiments revealed the expression of TASK1, TASK3, and HCN1-4...
- Tandem-pore K+ channels mediate inhibition of orexin neurons by glucoseDenis Burdakov
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Neuron 50:711-22. 2006..These results reveal an unexpected energy-sensing pathway in neurons that regulate states of consciousness and energy balance...
- TASK-3 as a potential antidepressant targetAnthony L Gotter
Department of Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
Brain Res 1416:69-79. 2011Modulation of TASK-3 (Kcnk9) potassium channels affect neurotransmitter release in thalamocortical centers and other sleep-related nuclei having the capacity to regulate arousal cycles and REM sleep changes associated with mood disorders ..