Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnk9
Description: potassium channel, subfamily K, member 9
Alias: Task3, potassium channel subfamily K member 9, TWIK-related acid-sensitive K(+) channel 3, acid-sensitive potassium channel protein TASK-3
- Bista P, Pawlowski M, Cerina M, Ehling P, Leist M, Meuth P, et al. Differential phospholipase C-dependent modulation of TASK and TREK two-pore domain K+ channels in rat thalamocortical relay neurons. J Physiol. 2015;593:127-44 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a differential role of PIP2 and DAG in K2P channel modulation in native neurons which allows a fine-tuned inhibition of TREK (via PIP2 depletion) and TASK (via DAG) channels following MAChR stimulation. ..
- Meuth S, Kanyshkova T, Meuth P, Landgraf P, Munsch T, Ludwig A, et al. Membrane resting potential of thalamocortical relay neurons is shaped by the interaction among TASK3 and HCN2 channels. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:1517-29 pubmed..RT-PCR experiments revealed the expression of TASK1, TASK3, and HCN1-4...
- Zhang H, Dong H, Cilz N, Kurada L, Hu B, Wada E, et al. Neurotensinergic Excitation of Dentate Gyrus Granule Cells via GÎ±q-Coupled Inhibition of TASK-3 Channels. Cereb Cortex. 2016;26:977-90 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a cellular mechanism that helps to explain the roles of NT in learning and memory. ..
- Dadi P, Vierra N, Jacobson D. Pancreatic Î²-cell-specific ablation of TASK-1 channels augments glucose-stimulated calcium entry and insulin secretion, improving glucose tolerance. Endocrinology. 2014;155:3757-68 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a glucose-dependent role for Î²-cell TASK-1 channels of limiting glucose-stimulated Î”Ïˆp depolarization and insulin secretion, which modulates glucose homeostasis. ..
- Guagliardo N, Yao J, Bayliss D, Barrett P. TASK channels are not required to mount an aldosterone secretory response to metabolic acidosis in mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;336:47-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that TASK channels are not required for the stimulation of aldosterone production by protons but their inhibition by physiological acidosis may contribute to full expression of the steroidogenic response. ..
- Niemeyer M, Cid L, Peña Münzenmayer G, Sepúlveda F. Separate gating mechanisms mediate the regulation of K2P potassium channel TASK-2 by intra- and extracellular pH. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16467-75 pubmed publisher..We conclude that intracellular pH, together with pH(o), is a critical determinant of TASK-2 activity and therefore of its physiological function. ..
- Guyon A, Tardy M, Rovere C, Nahon J, Barhanin J, Lesage F. Glucose inhibition persists in hypothalamic neurons lacking tandem-pore K+ channels. J Neurosci. 2009;29:2528-33 pubmed publisher..and halothane, and resistance to ruthenium red designated the tandem-pore K(+) (K(2P)) channel subunit TASK3 as part of the glucose-induced channel...
- Hur C, Kim E, Cho S, Cho Y, Yoon S, Tak H, et al. K(+) efflux through two-pore domain K(+) channels is required for mouse embryonic development. Reproduction. 2012;143:625-36 pubmed publisher..05). RT-PCR data showed that members of the K(2P) channel family, specifically KCNK2, KCNK10, KCNK4, KCNK3, and KCNK9, were expressed in mouse oocytes and embryos...
- Hao J, Padilla F, Dandonneau M, Lavebratt C, Lesage F, Noel J, et al. Kv1.1 channels act as mechanical brake in the senses of touch and pain. Neuron. 2013;77:899-914 pubmed publisher..By balancing the activity of excitatory mechanotransducers, Kv1.1 acts as a mechanosensitive brake that regulates mechanical sensitivity of fibers associated with mechanical perception. ..
- Cazals Y, BÃ©vengut M, Zanella S, Brocard F, Barhanin J, Gestreau C. KCNK5 channels mostly expressed in cochlear outer sulcus cells are indispensable for hearing. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8780 pubmed publisher..Thus, KCNK5 channels are indispensable for the maintenance of hearing. Among several plausible mechanisms, we emphasize their role in K(+) recycling along the outer sulcus lateral route. ..
- Gotter A, Santarelli V, Doran S, Tannenbaum P, Kraus R, Rosahl T, et al. TASK-3 as a potential antidepressant target. Brain Res. 2011;1416:69-79 pubmed publisherModulation of TASK-3 (Kcnk9) potassium channels affect neurotransmitter release in thalamocortical centers and other sleep-related nuclei having the capacity to regulate arousal cycles and REM sleep changes associated with mood disorders ..
- Gonzalez J, Jensen L, Doyle S, Miranda Anaya M, Menaker M, Fugger L, et al. Deletion of TASK1 and TASK3 channels disrupts intrinsic excitability but does not abolish glucose or pH responses of orexin/hypocretin neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:57-64 pubmed publisher..It was recently proposed that TASK (TWIK-related acid-sensitive potassium) channels [TASK1 (K(2P)3.1) and/or TASK3 (K(2P)9...
- Bando Y, Hirano T, Tagawa Y. Dysfunction of KCNK potassium channels impairs neuronal migration in the developing mouse cerebral cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2014;24:1017-29 pubmed publisher..are critical determinants of neuronal excitability in the mature cerebral cortex, and a member of the KCNK family, KCNK9, is responsible for a maternally transmitted mental retardation syndrome...
- Basham K, Hung H, Lerario A, Hammer G. Mouse models of adrenocortical tumors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;421:82-97 pubmed publisher..New paradigms of cancer initiation, maintenance, and progression that have emerged from this work will be discussed. ..
- Pang D, Robledo C, Carr D, Gent T, Vyssotski A, Caley A, et al. An unexpected role for TASK-3 potassium channels in network oscillations with implications for sleep mechanisms and anesthetic action. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17546-51 pubmed publisher..These results imply a previously unexpected role for TASK-3 channels in the cellular mechanisms underlying these behaviors and suggest that endogenous modulators of these channels may regulate theta oscillations. ..
- Mulkey D, Talley E, Stornetta R, Siegel A, West G, Chen X, et al. TASK channels determine pH sensitivity in select respiratory neurons but do not contribute to central respiratory chemosensitivity. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14049-58 pubmed..Furthermore, they indicate that a non-TASK K+ current contributes to chemosensitivity of RTN neurons, which are profoundly pH-sensitive and capable of driving respiratory output in response to local pH changes in vivo. ..
- Czirják G, Enyedi P. Zinc and mercuric ions distinguish TRESK from the other two-pore-domain K+ channels. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:1024-32 pubmed..Thus, both Zn2+ and Hg2+ are expected to inhibit endogenous TRESK in isolated mouse cells, and these ions can be applied to identify the calcineurin-activated 2PK+ channel in its natural environment. ..
- Trapp S, Aller M, Wisden W, Gourine A. A role for TASK-1 (KCNK3) channels in the chemosensory control of breathing. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8844-50 pubmed publisher..TASK-1 channels therefore play a key role in the control of ventilation by peripheral chemoreceptors. ..
- Clarke C, Veale E, Wyse K, Vandenberg J, Mathie A. The M1P1 loop of TASK3 K2P channels apposes the selectivity filter and influences channel function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16985-92 pubmed publisher..The TASK (TASK1, TASK3, and TASK5) subfamily of K2P channels is regulated by a number of different pharmacological and physiological ..
- Gonz lez W, Z iga L, Cid L, Ar valo B, Niemeyer M, Sep lveda F. An extracellular ion pathway plays a central role in the cooperative gating of a K(2P) K+ channel by extracellular pH. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5984-91 pubmed publisher..Cooperativity, and therefore steep dependence of TASK-3 K(+) channel activity on extracellular pH, is dependent on an effect of the permeant ion on the channel pH(o) sensors...
- Davies L, Hu C, Guagliardo N, Sen N, Chen X, Talley E, et al. TASK channel deletion in mice causes primary hyperaldosteronism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2203-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish an animal model of nontumorigenic primary hyperaldosteronism and identify TASK channels as a possible therapeutic target for primary hyperaldosteronism. ..
- Muhammad S, Aller M, Maser Gluth C, Schwaninger M, Wisden W. Expression of the kcnk3 potassium channel gene lessens the injury from cerebral ischemia, most likely by a general influence on blood pressure. Neuroscience. 2010;167:758-64 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, a consequence of having TASK-1 channels expressed (in various non-neuronal tissues and organs) is that neuronal damage is lessened when stroke occurs. ..
- Torborg C, Berg A, Jeffries B, Bayliss D, McBain C. TASK-like conductances are present within hippocampal CA1 stratum oriens interneuron subpopulations. J Neurosci. 2006;26:7362-7 pubmedTASK-1 (KCNK3) and TASK-3 (KCNK9) are members of the two-pore domain potassium channel family and form either homomeric or heteromeric open-rectifier (leak) channels...
- Linden A, Sandu C, Aller M, Vekovischeva O, Rosenberg P, Wisden W, et al. TASK-3 knockout mice exhibit exaggerated nocturnal activity, impairments in cognitive functions, and reduced sensitivity to inhalation anesthetics. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;323:924-34 pubmed..Overall, our results suggest important contributions of TASK-3 channels in the neuronal circuits regulating circadian rhythms, cognitive functions, and mediating specific pharmacological effects. ..
- Guagliardo N, Yao J, Hu C, Schertz E, Tyson D, Carey R, et al. TASK-3 channel deletion in mice recapitulates low-renin essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2012;59:999-1005 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish a model of LREH and suggest that loss of TASK channel activity may be one mechanism that advances the syndrome of low renin hypertension. ..
- Manoury B, Lamalle C, Oliveira R, Reid J, Gurney A. Contractile and electrophysiological properties of pulmonary artery smooth muscle are not altered in TASK-1 knockout mice. J Physiol. 2011;589:3231-46 pubmed publisher..The Em was, however, depolarised in comparison with other species.Mouse IKN was much smaller than in rat and showed no sensitivity to pH. The results imply that TASK-1 does not form a functional channel in mouse PASMCs. ..
- Ruf N, Bahring S, Galetzka D, Pliushch G, Luft F, Nurnberg P, et al. Sequence-based bioinformatic prediction and QUASEP identify genomic imprinting of the KCNK9 potassium channel gene in mouse and human. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2591-9 pubmed..Allele-Specific Expression by Pyrosequencing (QUASEP) and discovered maternal-specific imprinted expression of the Kcnk9 gene as well as strain-dependent preferential expression of the Rarres1 gene in E11...
- Buehler P, Bleiler D, Tegtmeier I, Heitzmann D, Both C, Georgieff M, et al. Abnormal respiration under hyperoxia in TASK-1/3 potassium channel double knockout mice. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2017;244:17-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, TASK-1 and TASK-3 appear to serve specific and distinct roles in the complex processes underlying chemoreception and respiratory control. ..