Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcnd1
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel, Shal-related family, member 1
Alias: 1110037K09Rik, Kca2-1, Kv4.1, Shal, Shal1, mShal1, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily D member 1, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv4.1
- Amberg G, Koh S, Hatton W, Murray K, Monaghan K, Horowitz B, et al. Contribution of Kv4 channels toward the A-type potassium current in murine colonic myocytes. J Physiol. 2002;544:403-15 pubmed..From this we conclude that Kv4.3, in association with KChIP1, is the major molecular determinant of I(A) in murine colonic myocytes. ..
- Nakamura T, Nandi S, Pountney D, Artman M, Rudy B, Coetzee W. Different effects of the Ca(2+)-binding protein, KChIP1, on two Kv4 subfamily members, Kv4.1 and Kv4.2. FEBS Lett. 2001;499:205-9 pubmed..2 and Kv4.1. These results reveal a novel interaction of KChIP1 with these two Kv4 members. This represents a mechanism to further increase the functional diversity of K(+) channels. ..
- van der Lugt N, Domen J, Verhoeven E, Linders K, van der Gulden H, Allen J, et al. Proviral tagging in E mu-myc transgenic mice lacking the Pim-1 proto-oncogene leads to compensatory activation of Pim-2. EMBO J. 1995;14:2536-44 pubmed..These data show that the described strategy of 'complementation tagging' represents a powerful new tool to identify components of pathways involved in processes as complex as multistep tumorigenesis. ..
- Brunkow M, Jeffery E, Hjerrild K, Paeper B, Clark L, Yasayko S, et al. Disruption of a new forkhead/winged-helix protein, scurfin, results in the fatal lymphoproliferative disorder of the scurfy mouse. Nat Genet. 2001;27:68-73 pubmed..In sf mice, a frameshift mutation results in a product lacking the forkhead domain. Genetic complementation demonstrates that the protein product of Foxp3, scurfin, is essential for normal immune homeostasis. ..
- Li M, Adelman J. ChIPping away at potassium channel regulation. Nat Neurosci. 2000;3:202-4 pubmed
- Han P, Lucero M. Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide reduces expression of Kv1.4 and Kv4.2 subunits underlying A-type K(+) current in adult mouse olfactory neuroepithelia. Neuroscience. 2006;138:411-9 pubmed..immunoblot and immunohistochemistry, we found that the two candidate channel families underlying I(A), shaker and shal, are expressed in olfactory epithelia of Swiss Webster mice. Specifically, Kv1...
- Jerng H, Shahidullah M, Covarrubias M. Inactivation gating of Kv4 potassium channels: molecular interactions involving the inner vestibule of the pore. J Gen Physiol. 1999;113:641-60 pubmed..We propose that components of the pore's internal vestibule control both closing and inactivation in Kv4 K+ channels. ..
- Shi J, Miles D, Orr B, Massa S, Kernie S. Injury-induced neurogenesis in Bax-deficient mice: evidence for regulation by voltage-gated potassium channels. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3499-512 pubmed..These data suggest that the neuroprotection observed after injury in Bax-deficiency may be due to increased neurogenesis via activation of the Kv4 family of potassium channels. ..
- Kollo M, Holderith N, Antal M, Nusser Z. Unique clustering of A-type potassium channels on different cell types of the main olfactory bulb. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:1686-99 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence for highly non-uniform subcellular distributions of A-type K+ channels and predicts their involvements in novel forms of intercellular communication in the olfactory pathway. ..
- Itri J, Vosko A, Schroeder A, Dragich J, Michel S, Colwell C. Circadian regulation of a-type potassium currents in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. J Neurophysiol. 2010;103:632-40 pubmed publisher..In this study, we were able to detect significant hybridization for Shal-related family members 1 and 2 (Kv4.1 and 4.2) within the SCN...
- Koh S, Ward S, Dick G, Epperson A, Bonner H, Sanders K, et al. Contribution of delayed rectifier potassium currents to the electrical activity of murine colonic smooth muscle. J Physiol. 1999;515 ( Pt 2):475-87 pubmed..Delayed rectifier currents sensitive to 4-AP are important determinants of rhythmicity but not action potential amplitude. ..
- Fitzakerley J, Star K, Rinn J, Elmquist B. Expression of Shal potassium channel subunits in the adult and developing cochlear nucleus of the mouse. Hear Res. 2000;147:31-45 pubmed..This study describes the developmental distribution of mRNA for the three Shal channel subunits Kv4.1, Kv4.2 and Kv4...
- DeSimone C, Zarayskiy V, Bondarenko V, Morales M. Heteropoda toxin 2 interaction with Kv4.3 and Kv4.1 reveals differences in gating modification. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:345-55 pubmed publisherKv4 (Shal) potassium channels are responsible for the transient outward K(+) currents in mammalian hearts and central nervous systems...
- Hermanstyne T, Granados Fuentes D, Mellor R, Herzog E, Nerbonne J. Acute Knockdown of Kv4.1 Regulates Repetitive Firing Rates and Clock Gene Expression in the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus and Daily Rhythms in Locomotor Behavior. Eneuro. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..1-encoded IA channels in regulating circadian rhythms in neuronal excitability and behavior. ..