Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kcna2
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel, shaker-related subfamily, member 2
Alias: Akr6a4, Gm10672, Kca1-2, Kv1.2, Mk-2, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 2, MK2, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv1.2
- Xu M, Gu Y, Barry J, Gu C. Kinesin I transports tetramerized Kv3 channels through the axon initial segment via direct binding. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15987-6001 pubmed publisher..1 channels colocalize and comove with KIF5B along axons revealed by two-color time-lapse imaging. Our findings suggest that the binding to KIF5 ensures properly assembled and functioning Kv3.1 channels to be transported into axons. ..
- Costagliola A, Van Nassauw L, Snyders D, Adriaensen D, Timmermans J. Voltage-gated delayed rectifier K v 1-subunits may serve as distinctive markers for enteroglial cells with different phenotypes in the murine ileum. Neurosci Lett. 2009;461:80-4 pubmed publisher..Our results support the active role of EGC with distinct phenotypes in intestinal functions, which is relevant in view of their modulating role on intestinal barrier and inflammatory responses. ..
- Fulton S, Thibault D, Mendez J, Lahaie N, Tirotta E, Borrelli E, et al. Contribution of Kv1.2 voltage-gated potassium channel to D2 autoreceptor regulation of axonal dopamine overflow. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9360-72 pubmed publisher..2-containing channels in striatal tissue. These findings underline the contribution of Kv1.2 in the regulation of nigrostriatal DA release by the D2-AR and thereby offer a novel mechanism by which DA release is regulated. ..
- Vacher H, Yang J, Cerda O, Autillo Touati A, Dargent B, Trimmer J. Cdk-mediated phosphorylation of the Kv?2 auxiliary subunit regulates Kv1 channel axonal targeting. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:813-24 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a new regulatory mechanism for the targeting of Kv1 complexes to the axonal membrane through the reversible Cdk phosphorylation-dependent binding of Kv?2 to EB1. ..
- Bobo L, El Feghaly R, Chen Y, Dubberke E, Han Z, Baker A, et al. MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 contributes to Clostridium difficile-associated inflammation. Infect Immun. 2013;81:713-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the role of phosphorylated mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-activated protein kinase (MK2 kinase, pMK2), a key mediator of p38-dependent inflammation, in CDI...
- Xie G, Harrison J, Clapcote S, Huang Y, Zhang J, Wang L, et al. A new Kv1.2 channelopathy underlying cerebellar ataxia. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:32160-73 pubmed publisher..Pgu), carries a missense mutation, an I402T substitution in the S6 segment of the voltage-gated potassium channel Kcna2. The gene Kcna2 encodes the voltage-gated potassium channel ?-subunit Kv1...
- Hyun J, Eom K, Lee K, Bae J, Bae Y, Kim M, et al. Kv1.2 mediates heterosynaptic modulation of direct cortical synaptic inputs in CA3 pyramidal cells. J Physiol. 2015;593:3617-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that activity-dependent downregulation of Kv1.2 in CA3-PCs mediates MF-induced heterosynaptic LTP of PP-EPSPs by facilitating activation of Na(+) channels at distal apical dendrites. ..
- Li Y, Yuece B, Cao H, Lin H, Lv S, Chen J, et al. Inhibition of p38/Mk2 signaling pathway improves the anti-inflammatory effect of WIN55 on mouse experimental colitis. Lab Invest. 2013;93:322-33 pubmed publisherP38/Mk2 (mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-activated protein kinase-2, also known as MAKAP kinase-2) is a member of the mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) family, and participates in inflammatory responses directly or ..
- Chandy K, Williams C, Spencer R, Aguilar B, Ghanshani S, Tempel B, et al. A family of three mouse potassium channel genes with intronless coding regions. Science. 1990;247:973-5 pubmed..A family of three closely related potassium channel genes (MK1, MK2, and MK3) that are encoded at distinct genomic loci has been isolated...
- Chung J, Li M. Biochemical characterization of the native Kv2.1 potassium channel. FEBS J. 2005;272:3743-55 pubmed..1 subunits but not homologous Kv2.2 subunits. The proteins precipitated by anti-Kv2.1 and their physiological relevance are of interest for further investigation. ..
- Sobko A, Peretz A, Shirihai O, Etkin S, Cherepanova V, Dagan D, et al. Heteromultimeric delayed-rectifier K+ channels in schwann cells: developmental expression and role in cell proliferation. J Neurosci. 1998;18:10398-408 pubmed..Our results suggest that KD currents are accounted for by a complex combinatorial activity of distinct K+ channel complexes and confirm that KD channels are involved in SC proliferation. ..
- Kalman K, Nguyen A, Tseng Crank J, Dukes I, Chandy G, Hustad C, et al. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, tissue distribution, and biophysical characterization of a novel mammalian Shaker-related voltage-gated potassium channel, Kv1.7. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5851-7 pubmed..In situ hybridization demonstrates the presence of Kv1.7 in mouse pancreatic islet cells. Kv1.7 was also isolated from mouse brain and hamster insulinoma cells by polymerase chain reaction. ..
- Petersson S, Persson A, Johansen J, Ingvar M, Nilsson J, Klement G, et al. Truncation of the Shaker-like voltage-gated potassium channel, Kv1.1, causes megencephaly. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:3231-40 pubmed..Indeed, whereas Kcna2 and Kcna3 mRNA expression is normal, the mceph/mceph hippocampus displays decreased amounts of Kv1.2 and Kv1...
- Douglas C, Vyazovskiy V, Southard T, Chiu S, Messing A, Tononi G, et al. Sleep in Kcna2 knockout mice. BMC Biol. 2007;5:42 pubmed..To address this issue, we studied sleep in Kcna2 knockout (KO) mice. Kcna2 codes for Kv1...
- Pan Z, Kao T, Horvath Z, Lemos J, Sul J, Cranstoun S, et al. A common ankyrin-G-based mechanism retains KCNQ and NaV channels at electrically active domains of the axon. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2599-613 pubmed..This includes the historical period when myelin also evolved. ..
- Yokoyama S, Imoto K, Kawamura T, Higashida H, Iwabe N, Miyata T, et al. Potassium channels from NG108-15 neuroblastoma-glioma hybrid cells. Primary structure and functional expression from cDNAs. FEBS Lett. 1989;259:37-42 pubmed..mRNAs derived from both the cloned cDNAs, when injected into Xenopus oocytes, direct the formation of functional potassium channels with properties of delayed rectifiers. ..
- Sand R, Sharmin N, Morgan C, Gallin W. Fine-tuning of voltage sensitivity of the Kv1.2 potassium channel by interhelix loop dynamics. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9686-95 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that this loop has a significant role in setting the precise V50 of activation in Kv1 family channels. ..
- Savvaki M, Theodorakis K, Zoupi L, Stamatakis A, Tivodar S, Kyriacou K, et al. The expression of TAG-1 in glial cells is sufficient for the formation of the juxtaparanodal complex and the phenotypic rescue of tag-1 homozygous mutants in the CNS. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13943-54 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight the pivotal role of myelinating glia on axonal domain differentiation and organization. ..
- Migeon M, Street V, Demas V, Tempel B. Cloning, sequence and chromosomal localization of MK6, a murine potassium channel gene. Epilepsy Res Suppl. 1992;9:173-80; discussion 180-1 pubmed
- Utsunomiya I, Yoshihashi E, Tanabe S, Nakatani Y, Ikejima H, Miyatake T, et al. Expression and localization of Kv1 potassium channels in rat dorsal and ventral spinal roots. Exp Neurol. 2008;210:51-8 pubmed..1 and Kv1.2 were coassembled. These findings indicate that Kv1 subtypes in DRs and VRs are somewhat different from those in spinal cord, and that the numbers of Kv1.1 and Kv1.2 channels are higher in DRs than VRs. ..
- Williams M, Markey J, Doczi M, Morielli A. An essential role for cortactin in the modulation of the potassium channel Kv1.2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17412-7 pubmed..2 endocytosis, despite that process being dynamin-dependent. These findings predict that cortactin-mediated actin remodeling in excitable cells is not only important for cell structure, but may directly impact membrane excitability. ..
- Richard S, Yu D, Blumer K, Hausladen D, Olszowy M, Connelly P, et al. Association of p62, a multifunctional SH2- and SH3-domain-binding protein, with src family tyrosine kinases, Grb2, and phospholipase C gamma-1. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:186-97 pubmed
- Betsholtz C, Baumann A, Kenna S, Ashcroft F, Ashcroft S, Berggren P, et al. Expression of voltage-gated K+ channels in insulin-producing cells. Analysis by polymerase chain reaction. FEBS Lett. 1990;263:121-6 pubmed..These hybridize in classes to different mRNAs which distribute differently to a number of tissues and cell lines including insulin-producing cells. ..
- Lesage F, Attali B, Lazdunski M, Barhanin J. Developmental expression of voltage-sensitive K+ channels in mouse skeletal muscle and C2C12 cells. FEBS Lett. 1992;310:162-6 pubmed..The message for the very peculiar K+ channel of IsK type could only be detected by polymerase chain reaction on skeletal muscle mRNA. ..
- Savvaki M, Panagiotaropoulos T, Stamatakis A, Sargiannidou I, Karatzioula P, Watanabe K, et al. Impairment of learning and memory in TAG-1 deficient mice associated with shorter CNS internodes and disrupted juxtaparanodes. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;39:478-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Tag-1(-/-) mice had shorter internodes in the cerebral and cerebellar white matter. The detected molecular alterations may account for the behavioural deficits and hyperexcitability in these animals. ..
- Southwood C, He C, Garbern J, Kamholz J, Arroyo E, Gow A. CNS myelin paranodes require Nkx6-2 homeoprotein transcriptional activity for normal structure. J Neurosci. 2004;24:11215-25 pubmed
- Robbins C, Tempel B. Kv1.1 and Kv1.2: similar channels, different seizure models. Epilepsia. 2012;53 Suppl 1:134-41 pubmed publisher..and density of these channels through deletion or mutation of the genes encoding these channels, Kcna1 and Kcna2, is associated with neurologic pathologies including epilepsy and ataxia in humans and in rodent models. Kv1...
- Zenker J, Poirot O, de Preux Charles A, Arnaud E, Medard J, Lacroix C, et al. Altered distribution of juxtaparanodal kv1.2 subunits mediates peripheral nerve hyperexcitability in type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7493-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations indicate that the T2DM condition leads to potassium channel-mediated PNH, thus identifying them as a potential drug target to treat some of the DPN related symptoms. ..
- Lacas Gervais S, Guo J, Strenzke N, Scarfone E, Kolpe M, Jahkel M, et al. BetaIVSigma1 spectrin stabilizes the nodes of Ranvier and axon initial segments. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:983-90 pubmed..These ultrastructural changes can explain the motor and auditory neuropathies present in betaIVSigma1 -/- mice and point to the betaIVSigma1 spectrin isoform as a master-stabilizing factor of AIS/NR membranes. ..
- Kourrich S, Hayashi T, Chuang J, Tsai S, SU T, Bonci A. Dynamic interaction between sigma-1 receptor and Kv1.2 shapes neuronal and behavioral responses to cocaine. Cell. 2013;152:236-47 pubmed publisher..Functional consequences of Sig-1R binding to K(+) channels may have implications for other chronic diseases where maladaptive intrinsic plasticity and Sig-1Rs are engaged. ..
- Poliak S, Salomon D, Elhanany H, Sabanay H, Kiernan B, Pevny L, et al. Juxtaparanodal clustering of Shaker-like K+ channels in myelinated axons depends on Caspr2 and TAG-1. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:1149-60 pubmed
- Gordon A, Adamsky K, Vainshtein A, Frechter S, Dupree J, Rosenbluth J, et al. Caspr and caspr2 are required for both radial and longitudinal organization of myelinated axons. J Neurosci. 2014;34:14820-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Caspr and Caspr2 are required for the organization of the axolemma both radially, manifested as the mesaxonal line, and longitudinally, demarcated by the nodal domains. ..
- Ronkina N, Lafera J, Kotlyarov A, Gaestel M. Stress-dependent phosphorylation of myocardin-related transcription factor A (MRTF-A) by the p38(MAPK)/MK2 axis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31219 pubmed publisher..Here, we compared protein phosphorylation in MK2/3-deficient cells rescued or not by ectopic expression of MK2 in two independent phosphoproteomic approaches using ..