Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: JLP
Description: sperm associated antigen 9
Alias: 3110018C07Rik, 4733401I23Rik, 4831406C20Rik, AW552012, JLP, JSAP2, JSAP2a, Jip4, Mapk8ip4, syd1, C-Jun-amino-terminal kinase-interacting protein 4, JIP-4, JNK-associated leucine-zipper protein, JNK-interacting leucine zipper, JNK-interacting protein 4, JNK/SAPK-associated protein 2, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8-interacting protein 4
- Kang J, Bae G, Yi M, Yang Y, Oh J, Takaesu G, et al. A Cdo-Bnip-2-Cdc42 signaling pathway regulates p38alpha/beta MAPK activity and myogenic differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:497-507 pubmed publisher..differentiation, the promyogenic cell surface receptor Cdo binds to the p38alpha/beta pathway scaffold protein JLP and, via JLP, p38alpha/beta itself...
- Wang H, Yan Q, Yang T, Cheng H, Du J, Yoshioka K, et al. Scaffold protein JLP is critical for CD40 signaling in B lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:5256-66 pubmed publisher..The JLP scaffold protein was expressed in murine B lymphocytes...
- Bae G, Kim B, Lee H, Oh J, Lee S, Zhang W, et al. Cdo binds Abl to promote p38alpha/beta mitogen-activated protein kinase activity and myogenic differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4130-43 pubmed publisher..One mechanism involves the cell surface receptor Cdo (also known as Cdon), which binds to Bnip-2 and JLP, scaffold proteins for Cdc42 and p38, respectively; formation of these complexes results in Bnip-2/Cdc42-dependent ..
- Iwanaga A, Wang G, Gantulga D, Sato T, Baljinnyam T, Shimizu K, et al. Ablation of the scaffold protein JLP causes reduced fertility in male mice. Transgenic Res. 2008;17:1045-58 pubmed publisher..c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK)-associated leucine zipper protein (JLP) was identified as a scaffold protein for JNK and p38 MAPK signaling modules...
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Saga Y. Interaction of NANOS2 and NANOS3 with different components of the CNOT complex may contribute to the functional differences in mouse male germ cells. Biol Open. 2014;3:1207-16 pubmed publisher..This alternate interaction might account for the molecular basis of the functional redundancy and differences in NANOS2 and NANOS3 functions. ..
- Kelkar N, Delmotte M, Weston C, Barrett T, Sheppard B, Flavell R, et al. Morphogenesis of the telencephalic commissure requires scaffold protein JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9843-8 pubmed..The central nervous system abnormalities of Jip3-/- mice may be accounted for in part by a reduction in signal transduction by RhoA and its effector ROCK. ..
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Shinmyozu K, Zhou Z, Kiso M, Saga Y. Dead end1 is an essential partner of NANOS2 for selective binding of target RNAs in male germ cell development. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:37-46 pubmed publisher..We also present the first evidence that the zinc finger domain of Nanos acts as a protein-interacting domain for another RBP, providing a novel insight into Nanos-mediated germ cell development. ..
- Wu Q, Fukuda K, Weinstein M, Graff J, Saga Y. SMAD2 and p38 signaling pathways act in concert to determine XY primordial germ cell fate in mice. Development. 2015;142:575-86 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose a model in which p38 and SMAD2 signaling coordinate to determine the sexual fate of XY PGCs. ..
- Kashef K, Radhakrishnan R, Lee C, Reddy E, Dhanasekaran D. Neoplastic transformation induced by the gep oncogenes involves the scaffold protein JNK-interacting leucine zipper protein. Neoplasia. 2011;13:358-64 pubmed..Our previous studies have indicated that the JNK-interacting leucine zipper protein (JLP), a scaffold protein involved in the structural and functional organization of the JNK/p38 mitogen-activated ..
- Kim B, Kim Y, Cooke P, Ruther U, Jorgensen J. The fused toes locus is essential for somatic-germ cell interactions that foster germ cell maturation in developing gonads in mice. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:1024-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, we conclude that the Ft locus contains genes essential for somatic-germ cell interactions, without which the germ cell niche fails to mature in both sexes. ..
- Nguyen Q, Lee C, Le A, Reddy E. JLP associates with kinesin light chain 1 through a novel leucine zipper-like domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30185-91 pubmed..b>JLP is a novel leucine zipper protein belonging to a family of scaffolding proteins that assemble JNK signaling modules...
- Bowman A, Kamal A, Ritchings B, Philp A, McGrail M, Gindhart J, et al. Kinesin-dependent axonal transport is mediated by the sunday driver (SYD) protein. Cell. 2000;103:583-94 pubmed..We propose that SYD mediates the axonal transport of at least one class of vesicles by interacting directly with KLC. ..
- Nordstrand L, Svärd J, Larsen E, Nilsen A, Ougland R, Furu K, et al. Mice lacking Alkbh1 display sex-ratio distortion and unilateral eye defects. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13827 pubmed publisher..Genetic and phenotypic assessment suggests that Alkbh1 mediates gene regulation in spermatogenesis, and that Alkbh1 is essential for normal sex-ratio distribution and embryonic development in mice. ..
- Wang H, Zhao C, Zhang M, Lee C, Reddy E, Kung S. A novel role of the scaffolding protein JLP in tuning CD40-induced activation of dendritic cells. Immunobiology. 2013;218:835-43 pubmed publisher..JNK-associated leucine zipper protein (JLP) is a scaffolding protein that interacted with p38 and JNK...
- Ikonomov O, Fligger J, Sbrissa D, Dondapati R, Mlak K, Deeb R, et al. Kinesin adapter JLP links PIKfyve to microtubule-based endosome-to-trans-Golgi network traffic of furin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3750-61 pubmed publisher..Here we have identified a novel splice variant of the Jip4 gene product JLP(L) (JNK-interacting leucine zipper protein) in yeast-two hybrid screens with the phosphoinositide ..
- Enkhtuya R, Sato T, Wakasugi M, Tuvshintugs B, Miyata H, Sakurai T, et al. The scaffold protein JLP plays a key role in regulating ultraviolet B-induced apoptosis in mice. Genes Cells. 2014;19:350-8 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the role of c-Jun NH2 -terminal kinase-associated leucine zipper protein (JLP), a scaffold protein for mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling cascades, in UVB-induced apoptosis...
- Yan Q, Yang C, Fu Q, Chen Z, Liu S, Fu D, et al. Scaffold protein JLP mediates TCR-initiated CD4+T cell activation and CD154 expression. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:258-266 pubmed publisher..Scaffold protein JLP regulates signal transduction pathways and molecular trafficking inside cells, thus represents a critical component ..
- Lu M, Krauss R. N-cadherin ligation, but not Sonic hedgehog binding, initiates Cdo-dependent p38alpha/beta MAPK signaling in skeletal myoblasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:4212-7 pubmed publisher..the intracellular region of the promyogenic cell surface protein Cdo (also known as Cdon) binds to Bnip-2 and JLP, scaffold proteins for Cdc42 and p38alpha/beta MAPK, respectively...
- Suzuki A, Arikawa C, Kuwahara Y, Itoh K, Watanabe M, Watanabe H, et al. The scaffold protein JIP3 functions as a downstream effector of the small GTPase ARF6 to regulate neurite morphogenesis of cortical neurons. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2801-6 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that ARF6/JIP3 signaling regulates neurite morphogenesis. ..
- Tuvshintugs B, Sato T, Enkhtuya R, Yamashita K, Yoshioka K. JSAP1 and JLP are required for ARF6 localization to the midbody in cytokinesis. Genes Cells. 2014;19:692-703 pubmed publisher..JNK)/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1) and JNK-associated leucine zipper protein (JLP), by gene knockout and rescue experiments in mouse embryonic fibroblasts...
- Grive K, Seymour K, Mehta R, Freiman R. TAF4b promotes mouse primordial follicle assembly and oocyte survival. Dev Biol. 2014;392:42-51 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel TAF4b function in orchestrating the correct timing of germ cell cyst breakdown and establishment of the primordial follicle reserve during a critical window of development. ..
- Sato T, Ishikawa M, Mochizuki M, Ohta M, Ohkura M, Nakai J, et al. JSAP1/JIP3 and JLP regulate kinesin-1-dependent axonal transport to prevent neuronal degeneration. Cell Death Differ. 2015;22:1260-74 pubmed publisher..protein 1 (JSAP1, also known as JNK-interacting protein 3 (JIP3)) and JNK-associated leucine zipper protein (JLP) are essential for postnatal brain development...
- Hsu C, Chan D, Wolozin B. LRRK2 and the stress response: interaction with MKKs and JNK-interacting proteins. Neurodegener Dis. 2010;7:68-75 pubmed publisher..JIP1-3 are known to regulate the specificity and localization of the JNK pathway, while JIP4 is a specific scaffolding protein for the p38 pathway...
- Saba R, Kato Y, Saga Y. NANOS2 promotes male germ cell development independent of meiosis suppression. Dev Biol. 2014;385:32-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NANOS2 is not merely a suppressor of meiosis, but instead plays pivotal roles in the sexual differentiation of male germ cells. ..
- Huang C, Yao H. Inactivation of Dicer1 in Steroidogenic factor 1-positive cells reveals tissue-specific requirement for Dicer1 in adrenal, testis, and ovary. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:66 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a tissue-specific requirement of Dicer1 and microRNAs. Future research is needed to understand how the tissue-specific role of Dicer1 is established. ..
- Sato T, Ishikawa M, Yoshihara T, Nakazato R, Higashida H, Asano M, et al. Critical role of JSAP1 and JLP in axonal transport in the cerebellar Purkinje cells of mice. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:2805-11 pubmed publisherJNK/stress-activated protein kinase-associated protein 1 (JSAP1) and JNK-associated leucine zipper protein (JLP) are structurally related scaffolding proteins that are highly expressed in the brain...
- Krentz A, Murphy M, Sarver A, Griswold M, Bardwell V, Zarkower D. DMRT1 promotes oogenesis by transcriptional activation of Stra8 in the mammalian fetal ovary. Dev Biol. 2011;356:63-70 pubmed publisher..Thus DMRT1 controls Stra8 sex-specifically, activating it in the fetal ovary and repressing it in the adult testis. ..