Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Itpr3
Description: inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor 3
Alias: IP3R 3, Ip3r3, Itpr-3, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 3, IP3 receptor, insP3R3, type 3 InsP3 receptor, type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor
- Pearson B, Pobbe R, Defensor E, Oasay L, Bolivar V, Blanchard D, et al. Motor and cognitive stereotypies in the BTBR T+tf/J mouse model of autism. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:228-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, other pre-clinical mouse models of ASDs may benefit from these more detailed analyses of stereotypic behavior. ..
- Scattoni M, Ricceri L, Crawley J. Unusual repertoire of vocalizations in adult BTBR T+tf/J mice during three types of social encounters. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:44-56 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings in adults are consistent with previous results in pups, showing an unusual vocal repertoire in BTBR as compared with B6. ..
- Amodeo D, Jones J, Sweeney J, Ragozzino M. Differences in BTBR T+ tf/J and C57BL/6J mice on probabilistic reversal learning and stereotyped behaviors. Behav Brain Res. 2012;227:64-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, BTBR T+ tf/J mice can serve as a model to understand the neural mechanisms underlying alterations in behavioral flexibility, as well as to test potential treatments in alleviating these symptoms. ..
- McFarlane H, Kusek G, Yang M, Phoenix J, Bolivar V, Crawley J. Autism-like behavioral phenotypes in BTBR T+tf/J mice. Genes Brain Behav. 2008;7:152-63 pubmed
- Cardenas C, Liberona J, Molgo J, Colasante C, Mignery G, Jaimovich E. Nuclear inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors regulate local Ca2+ transients and modulate cAMP response element binding protein phosphorylation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3131-40 pubmed
- Fissore R, Longo F, Anderson E, Parys J, Ducibella T. Differential distribution of inositol trisphosphate receptor isoforms in mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod. 1999;60:49-57 pubmed..Types 1 and 2 isoforms were also present in granulosa cells. ..
- Pearson B, Bettis J, Meyza K, Yamamoto L, Blanchard D, Blanchard R. Absence of social conditioned place preference in BTBR T+tf/J mice: relevance for social motivation testing in rodent models of autism. Behav Brain Res. 2012;233:99-104 pubmed publisher..Additionally, social conditioning testing might provide an important social motivation measure in other rodent models of neuropsychiatric disorders characterized by social abnormalities. ..
- Scattoni M, Gandhy S, Ricceri L, Crawley J. Unusual repertoire of vocalizations in the BTBR T+tf/J mouse model of autism. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3067 pubmed publisher..Particularly intriguing is the unusual pattern of vocalizations and the more frequent, loud harmonics evident in the BTBR mouse model of autism that may resemble the atypical vocalizations seen in some autistic infants. ..
- Hegg C, Jia C, Chick W, Restrepo D, Hansen A. Microvillous cells expressing IP3 receptor type 3 in the olfactory epithelium of mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;32:1632-45 pubmed publisher..We provide immunohistochemical and functional characterization of the cells expressing IP3 receptor type 3 in the olfactory epithelium...
- Ross C, Danoff S, Schell M, Snyder S, Ullrich A. Three additional inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors: molecular cloning and differential localization in brain and peripheral tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:4265-9 pubmed..Cerebellar Purkinje cells express at least two and possibly three distinct IP3Rs, suggesting heterogeneity of IP3 action within a single cell. ..
- Natsuume Sakai S, Hayakawa J, Amano S, Takahashi M. Genetic mapping of the locus controlling structural variations of murine C3 in the chromosome 17. J Immunol. 1979;123:947-8 pubmed..The recombination frequency between these two loci both located in chromosome 17 of the mouse was 24%. Taken together with our previous linkage data, C3-1 is now localized to a position 11 cm more distal than H-2 on chromosome 17. ..
- Mercier F, Kwon Y, Douet V. Hippocampus/amygdala alterations, loss of heparan sulfates, fractones and ventricle wall reduction in adult BTBR T+ tf/J mice, animal model for autism. Neurosci Lett. 2012;506:208-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the meningo/vascular and ECM alterations in BTBR T+ Tf/J mice suggest a possible role of the brain connective tissue in autism. ..
- Costa R, Varanda W, Franci C. A calcium-induced calcium release mechanism supports luteinizing hormone-induced testosterone secretion in mouse Leydig cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C316-23 pubmed publisher..These results not only broaden our understanding of the role played by calcium in Leydig cells but also show, for the first time, that RyRs have an important role in determining testosterone secretion by the testis. ..
- Iwai M, Michikawa T, Bosanac I, Ikura M, Mikoshiba K. Molecular basis of the isoform-specific ligand-binding affinity of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:12755-64 pubmed..Moreover, the functional diversity in ligand sensitivity among IP(3)R isoforms originates from at least the structural difference identified on the suppressor domain. ..
- Mercier F, Cho Kwon Y, Kodama R. Meningeal/vascular alterations and loss of extracellular matrix in the neurogenic zone of adult BTBR T+ tf/J mice, animal model for autism. Neurosci Lett. 2011;498:173-8 pubmed publisher..The drastic changes of the connective tissue and ECM in the neurogenic zone of the lateral ventricle may contribute to incorrect neurogenesis during developmental and adult stages. ..
- Chan J, Yamazaki H, Ishiyama N, Seo M, Mal T, Michikawa T, et al. Structural studies of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor: coupling ligand binding to channel gating. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36092-9 pubmed publisher..2010) J. Biol. Chem. 285, 36081-36091), we demonstrate that the single aromatic residue in this region (Tyr-167 in IP(3)R1 and Trp-168 in IP(3)R3) plays a critical role in the coupling between ligand binding and channel gating. ..
- Amodeo D, Rivera E, Dunn J, Ragozzino M. M100907 attenuates elevated grooming behavior in the BTBR mouse. Behav Brain Res. 2016;313:67-70 pubmed publisher..The present findings taken together with past results suggest that treatment with a 5HT2A receptor antagonist may be effective in ameliorating RRBs in ASD. ..
- Kim S, Ahn T, Park C. The Pro335 --> Leu polymorphism of type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor found in mouse inbred lines results in functional change. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26024-31 pubmed..Type 3 IP3R (IP3R3) retains ligand-gated Ca2+ channel properties differing from other subtypes in terms of IP3-binding affinity and ..
- WÃ¶hr M. Effect of social odor context on the emission of isolation-induced ultrasonic vocalizations in the BTBR T+tf/J mouse model for autism. Front Neurosci. 2015;9:73 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the BTBR mouse model for ASD does not display deficits in detecting changes in social context, but has a limited ability and/or reduced motivation to adjust to them. ..
- Ebersole T, Lai F, Artzt K. New molecular markers for the distal end of the t-complex and their relationships to mutations affecting mouse development. Genetics. 1992;131:175-82 pubmed
- Zhou H, Nakamura T, Matsumoto N, Hisatsune C, Mizutani A, Iesaki T, et al. Predominant role of type 1 IP3 receptor in aortic vascular muscle contraction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:213-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that IP(3)R1 plays a predominant role in the function of the vascular smooth muscle in vivo. ..
- Ota M, Kaneko Y, Kondo K, Ogishima S, Tanaka H, Eto K, et al. Combined in silico and in vivo analyses reveal role of Hes1 in taste cell differentiation. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000443 pubmed publisher..Thus, according to our composite analyses, Hes1 is likely to play a role in orchestrating taste cell differentiation in developing taste buds. ..
- Meyza K, Nikolaev T, Kondrakiewicz K, Blanchard D, Blanchard R, Knapska E. Neuronal correlates of asocial behavior in a BTBR T (+) Itpr3(tf)/J mouse model of autism. Front Behav Neurosci. 2015;9:199 pubmed publisher..Here we tested BTBR T(+)Itpr3(tf)/J (BTBR) and c57BL/6J (B6) mice in two behavioral paradigms: the Transfer of Emotional Information test and ..
- Winking H, Silver L. Characterization of a recombinant mouse T haplotype that expresses a dominant lethal maternal effect. Genetics. 1984;108:1013-20 pubmed..The results presented here allow a mapping of the Tme locus between the quaking and tufted loci which are 3 cM apart within the proximal region of chromosome 17. ..
- Paterniti J, Brown W, Ginsberg H, Artzt K. Combined lipase deficiency (cld): a lethal mutation on chromosome 17 of the mouse. Science. 1983;221:167-9 pubmed..Plasma triglyceride values in affected mice often reach 20,000 milligrams per deciliter (100 times higher than that in normal littermates), and total lipase activity in plasma or tissues is 5 to 20 percent of that in controls. ..
- De Smedt H, Missiaen L, Parys J, Henning R, Sienaert I, Vanlingen S, et al. Isoform diversity of the inositol trisphosphate receptor in cell types of mouse origin. Biochem J. 1997;322 ( Pt 2):575-83 pubmed
- Crabbe J, Cotnam C, Cameron A, Schlumbohm J, Rhodes J, Metten P, et al. Strain differences in three measures of ethanol intoxication in mice: the screen, dowel and grip strength tests. Genes Brain Behav. 2003;2:201-13 pubmed..These results suggest that different specific versions of a test reflect the influence of different genes, and that genetic influences on different tests were also distinct. ..
- Wei W, Huang W, Yue J. Requirement of IP3 receptor 3 (IP3R3) in nitric oxide induced cardiomyocyte differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2016;346:9-16 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, only knockdown of type 3 IP3R (IP3R3) or triple-knockdown of three types of IP3Rs significantly inhibited the NO-induced Ca(2+) increases...
- Reddy R, Pena J, Roberts B, Williams S, Price S, Gooch J. Rescue of calcineurin A?(-/-) mice reveals a novel role for the ? isoform in the salivary gland. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1605-13 pubmed publisher..Significantly, these data also provide a mechanism to rescue to adulthood a valuable animal model of calcineurin inhibitor-mediated neuronal and renal toxicities. ..
- Lyon M, Bechtol K. Derivation of mutant t-haplotypes of the mouse by presumed duplication or deletion. Genet Res. 1977;30:63-76 pubmed
- Frenz C, Hansen A, Dupuis N, Shultz N, Levinson S, Finger T, et al. NaV1.5 sodium channel window currents contribute to spontaneous firing in olfactory sensory neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2014;112:1091-104 pubmed publisher..5 channels are one source of the generator potentials that trigger spontaneous firing, while the upstroke and propagation of action potentials in OSNs are borne by the tetrodotoxin-sensitive Na(+) channel subtypes. ..
- Clements M, Swapna I, Morikawa H. Inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate drives glutamatergic and cholinergic inhibition selectively in spiny projection neurons in the striatum. J Neurosci. 2013;33:2697-708 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that IP(3)-mediated activation of SK and BK channels provides a robust mechanism for glutamatergic and cholinergic inputs to selectively suppress striatal output neuron activity. ..
- Suzuki Y, Ikeda K, Kawakami K. Expression of Six1 and Six4 in mouse taste buds. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:205-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Six1 and Six4 genes are expressed in the taste bud cells, in newly formed or surviving type-II cells. ..
- Turvey M, Fogarty K, Thorn P. Inositol (1,4,5)-trisphosphate receptor links to filamentous actin are important for generating local Ca2+ signals in pancreatic acinar cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:971-80 pubmed..Based on these findings, we suggest that IP(3)Rs form links with F-actin in the apical domain and that these links are essential for the generation of local Ca(2+) spikes. ..
- Vernet C, Abe K, Artzt K. Genetic mapping of 10 microsatellites in the t complex region of mouse chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:472 pubmed
- Herrmann B, Bucan M, Mains P, Frischauf A, Silver L, Lehrach H. Genetic analysis of the proximal portion of the mouse t complex: evidence for a second inversion within t haplotypes. Cell. 1986;44:469-76 pubmed..This newly described proximal inversion and the previously described distal inversion provide an explanation for the suppression of recombination observed along the length of t haplotype DNA in heterozygous mice. ..
- King T, Dove W, Guenet J, Herrmann B, Shedlovsky A. Meiotic mapping of murine chromosome 17: the string of loci around l(17)-2Pas. Mamm Genome. 1991;1:37-46 pubmed..Robust genetic maps can be constructed with multilocus crosses that share anchor loci. DNA markers can be interpolated onto these maps retrospectively. ..
- Ark B, Gummere G, Bennett D, Artzt K. Mapping of the Pim-1 oncogene in mouse t-haplotypes and its use to define the relative map positions of the tcl loci t0(t6) and tw12 and the marker tf (tufted). Genomics. 1991;10:385-9 pubmed..The mapping of two allelic t-lethals, t0 and t6 with respect to tw12 and tf has also been a problem.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Tanaka S, Kabayama H, Enomoto M, Saito N, Mikoshiba K. Inositol 1, 4, 5-trisphosphate receptor interacts with the SNARE domain of syntaxin 1B. J Physiol Sci. 2011;61:221-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Syx1B is an IP(3)R-interacting protein and that its interaction may play a crucial role in regulating the channel activity of IP(3)Rs in Syx1B-expressing cells. ..
- Luciani D, Gwiazda K, Yang T, Kalynyak T, Bychkivska Y, Frey M, et al. Roles of IP3R and RyR Ca2+ channels in endoplasmic reticulum stress and beta-cell death. Diabetes. 2009;58:422-32 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest the involvement of mitochondria in beta-cell apoptosis associated with dysfunctional beta-cell ER Ca(2+) homeostasis and ER stress. ..
- Lyon M, Meredith R. INVESTIGATIONS OF THE NATURE OF T-ALLELES IN THE MOUSE. I. GENETIC ANALYSIS OF A SERIES OF MUTANTS DERIVED FROM A LETHAL ALLELE. Heredity (Edinb). 1964;19:301-12 pubmed
- Smith J. Brachyury and the T-box genes. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1997;7:474-80 pubmed
- Silver L. Mouse t haplotypes. Annu Rev Genet. 1985;19:179-208 pubmed
- Klein A, Ferreira N, Ben Dor S, Duan J, Hardy J, Cox T, et al. Identification of Modifier Genes in a Mouse Model of Gaucher Disease. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2546-2553 pubmed publisher..Our data identify putative modifier genes that may be involved in determining GD severity, which might help elucidate phenotypic variability between patients with similar GD mutations. ..
- MacPherson P, McGaffigan R, Wahlsten D, Nguyen P. Impaired fear memory, altered object memory and modified hippocampal synaptic plasticity in split-brain mice. Brain Res. 2008;1210:179-88 pubmed publisher..Agenesis of the CC and HC may unmask some latent ability to encode, store or retrieve certain forms of recognition memory. We suggest that the increased susceptibility to DPT in BTBR may underlie the memory phenotype reported here...
- McGowan T, Madesh M, Zhu Y, Wang L, Russo M, Deelman L, et al. TGF-beta-induced Ca(2+) influx involves the type III IP(3) receptor and regulates actin cytoskeleton. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F910-20 pubmed..The alterations in the actin cytoskeleton by TGF-beta are dependent on TGF-beta-induced Ca(2+) influx. These studies identify a novel pathway by which TGF-beta regulates Ca(2+) influx and induces cytoskeletal alterations. ..
- Faure A, Grunwald D, Moutin M, Hilly M, Mauger J, Marty I, et al. Developmental expression of the calcium release channels during early neurogenesis of the mouse cerebral cortex. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;14:1613-22 pubmed..Altogether, they provide a molecular basis for analyzing the developmental modulation of calcium signals useful for neurogenesis progression. ..