Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Itpr2
Description: inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor 2
Alias: AI649341, InsP3R-2, InsP3R-5, Ip3r2, Itpr5, insP3R2, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 2, IP3 receptor, IP3R 2, inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor 5, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate type V receptor, inositol trisphosphate receptor type 2, type 2 InsP3 receptor, type 2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor
- Navarrete M, Perea G, Fernandez de Sevilla D, Gomez Gonzalo M, Nunez A, Martin E, et al. Astrocytes mediate in vivo cholinergic-induced synaptic plasticity. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001259 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the astrocyte Ca²? signal is necessary for cholinergic-induced synaptic plasticity, indicating that astrocytes are directly involved in brain storage information. ..
- He L, Linden D, Sapirstein A. Astrocyte inositol triphosphate receptor type 2 and cytosolic phospholipase A2 alpha regulate arteriole responses in mouse neocortical brain slices. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42194 pubmed publisher..Here we used inositol trisphosphate receptor type 2 (IP(3)R2) and cytosolic phospholipase A(2) alpha (cPLA(2)Î±) deficient mice to determine if ..
- Chen N, Sugihara H, Sharma J, Perea G, Petravicz J, Le C, et al. Nucleus basalis-enabled stimulus-specific plasticity in the visual cortex is mediated by astrocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2832-41 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings reveal a unique and surprising role for astrocytes in NB-induced stimulus-specific plasticity in the cerebral cortex. ..
- Nizar K, Uhlirova H, Tian P, Saisan P, Cheng Q, Reznichenko L, et al. In vivo stimulus-induced vasodilation occurs without IP3 receptor activation and may precede astrocytic calcium increase. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8411-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, an increase in astrocytic intracellular calcium was not required for normal vasodilation in the IP3R2-KO animals.
- Bruce J, Shuttleworth T, Giovannucci D, Yule D. Phosphorylation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in parotid acinar cells. A mechanism for the synergistic effects of cAMP on Ca2+ signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1340-8 pubmed..In addition, this report supports the emerging consensus that phosphorylation at the level of the Ca(2+) release machinery is a broadly important mechanism by which cells can regulate Ca(2+)-mediated processes. ..
- Takata N, Mishima T, Hisatsune C, Nagai T, Ebisui E, Mikoshiba K, et al. Astrocyte calcium signaling transforms cholinergic modulation to cortical plasticity in vivo. J Neurosci. 2011;31:18155-65 pubmed publisher..Our data present coherent lines of in vivo evidence for astrocytic involvement in cortical plasticity. These findings suggest an unexpected role of astrocytes as a gate for cholinergic plasticity in the cortex. ..
- Thrane A, Rangroo Thrane V, Zeppenfeld D, Lou N, Xu Q, Nagelhus E, et al. General anesthesia selectively disrupts astrocyte calcium signaling in the awake mouse cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18974-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that these glial effects may constitute a nonneuronal mechanism for sedative action of anesthetic drugs. ..
- Betzenhauser M, Fike J, Wagner L, Yule D. Protein kinase A increases type-2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor activity by phosphorylation of serine 937. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25116-25 pubmed publisher..These results provide a mechanism responsible for the enhanced Ca(2+) signaling following PKA activation in cells that express predominantly InsP(3)R2. ..
- Harzheim D, Movassagh M, Foo R, Ritter O, Tashfeen A, Conway S, et al. Increased InsP3Rs in the junctional sarcoplasmic reticulum augment Ca2+ transients and arrhythmias associated with cardiac hypertrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:11406-11 pubmed publisher..Our data establish that increased InsP(3)R expression is a general mechanism that underlies remodeling of Ca(2+) signaling during heart disease, and in particular, in triggering ventricular arrhythmia during hypertrophy. ..
- Fissore R, Longo F, Anderson E, Parys J, Ducibella T. Differential distribution of inositol trisphosphate receptor isoforms in mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod. 1999;60:49-57 pubmed..Types 1 and 2 isoforms were also present in granulosa cells. ..
- Park H, Betzenhauser M, Won J, Chen J, Yule D. The type 2 inositol (1,4,5)-trisphosphate (InsP3) receptor determines the sensitivity of InsP3-induced Ca2+ release to ATP in pancreatic acinar cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26081-8 pubmed publisher..The effects of metabolic stress on intracellular Ca(2+) signals can therefore be determined by the relative amount of InsP(3)R2 expressed in cells. ..
- Fukuda N, Shirasu M, Sato K, Ebisui E, Touhara K, Mikoshiba K. Decreased olfactory mucus secretion and nasal abnormality in mice lacking type 2 and type 3 IP3 receptors. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:2665-75 pubmed publisher..Here we show that type 2 and type 3 IP3 receptors (IP3R2 and IP3R3) play critical roles in olfactory mucus secretion...
- Li X, Zima A, Sheikh F, Blatter L, Chen J. Endothelin-1-induced arrhythmogenic Ca2+ signaling is abolished in atrial myocytes of inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate(IP3)-receptor type 2-deficient mice. Circ Res. 2005;96:1274-81 pubmed..IP3R type-2 (IP3R2) is the predominant IP3R isoform expressed in atrial myocytes...
- Iwai M, Tateishi Y, Hattori M, Mizutani A, Nakamura T, Futatsugi A, et al. Molecular cloning of mouse type 2 and type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors and identification of a novel type 2 receptor splice variant. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10305-17 pubmed
- Haustein M, Kracun S, Lu X, Shih T, Jackson Weaver O, Tong X, et al. Conditions and constraints for astrocyte calcium signaling in the hippocampal mossy fiber pathway. Neuron. 2014;82:413-29 pubmed publisher..We show that astrocyte Ca²? signaling functionally segregates large volumes of neuropil and that these transients are not suited for responding to, or regulating, single synapses in the mossy fiber pathway. ..
- Tovey S, Dedos S, Rahman T, Taylor E, Pantazaka E, Taylor C. Regulation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors by cAMP independent of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12979-89 pubmed publisher..We conclude that all three subtypes of IP(3)R are regulated by cAMP independent of PKA. In HEK cells, where IP(3)R2 selectively associates with AC6, G alpha(s) also associates with the AC x IP(3)R signaling junction. ..
- Futatsugi A, Nakamura T, Yamada M, Ebisui E, Nakamura K, Uchida K, et al. IP3 receptor types 2 and 3 mediate exocrine secretion underlying energy metabolism. Science. 2005;309:2232-4 pubmedType 2 and type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors (IP3R2 and IP3R3) are intracellular calcium-release channels whose physiological roles are unknown...
- Orabi A, Luo Y, Ahmad M, Shah A, Mannan Z, Wang D, et al. IP3 receptor type 2 deficiency is associated with a secretory defect in the pancreatic acinar cell and an accumulation of zymogen granules. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48465 pubmed publisher..In this study, we examined the role of IP3R type 2 (IP3R2) using mice deficient in this Ca(2+) release channel (IP3R2(-/-))...
- Garcia K, Shah T, Garcia J. Immunolocalization of type 2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in cardiac myocytes from newborn mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;287:C1048-57 pubmed
- Inaba T, Hisatsune C, Sasaki Y, Ogawa Y, Ebisui E, Ogawa N, et al. Mice lacking inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors exhibit dry eye. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e99205 pubmed publisher..study, we examined tear secretion in mice lacking the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor (IP3R) types 2 and 3 (Itpr2-/-;Itpr3-/-double-knockout mice)...
- Ju Y, Liu J, Lee B, Lai D, Woodcock E, Lei M, et al. Distribution and functional role of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in mouse sinoatrial node. Circ Res. 2011;109:848-57 pubmed publisher..This study provides new evidence that functional IP(3)R2s are expressed in the mouse SAN and could serve as an additional Ca(2+)-dependent mechanism in modulating cardiac pacemaker activity as well as other Ca(2+)-dependent processes. ..
- De Smedt H, Missiaen L, Parys J, Henning R, Sienaert I, Vanlingen S, et al. Isoform diversity of the inositol trisphosphate receptor in cell types of mouse origin. Biochem J. 1997;322 ( Pt 2):575-83 pubmed
- Vervloessem T, Yule D, Bultynck G, Parys J. The type 2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor, emerging functions for an intriguing CaÂ²âº-release channel. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:1992-2005 pubmed publisherThe inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) receptor (IP3R) type 2 (IP3R2) is an intracellular CaÂ²âº-release channel located on the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)...
- Shanmughapriya S, Rajan S, Hoffman N, Zhang X, Guo S, Kolesar J, et al. Ca2+ signals regulate mitochondrial metabolism by stimulating CREB-mediated expression of the mitochondrial Ca2+ uniporter gene MCU. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results showed that a transcriptional regulatory circuit involving Ca2+ -dependent activation of CREB controls the Ca2+ uptake capability of mitochondria and hence regulates mitochondrial metabolism. ..
- Tyser R, Miranda A, Chen C, Davidson S, Srinivas S, Riley P. Calcium handling precedes cardiac differentiation to initiate the first heartbeat. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..NCX1 blockade impacted on CaMKII signalling to down-regulate cardiac gene expression, leading to impaired differentiation and failed crescent maturation. ..
- Wullschleger M, Blanch J, Egger M. Functional local crosstalk of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor- and ryanodine receptor-dependent Ca2+ release in atrial cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2017;113:542-552 pubmed publisherEnhanced inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor (InsP3R2) expression has been associated with a variety of proarrhythmogenic cardiac disorders...
- Yang W, Nurbaeva M, Schmid E, Russo A, Almilaji A, Szteyn K, et al. Akt2- and ETS1-dependent IP3 receptor 2 expression in dendritic cell migration. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;33:222-36 pubmed publisher..Transcript levels of IP3 receptor IP3R2 and of IP3R2 regulating transcription factor ETS1 were significantly higher in akt2(+/+) than in akt2(-/-)..
- Ye L, Haroon M, Salinas A, Paukert M. Comparison of GCaMP3 and GCaMP6f for studying astrocyte Ca2+ dynamics in the awake mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181113 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that behavioral state-dependent global astrocyte Ca2+ responses can be studied with either GCaMP3 or GCaMP6f whereas the latter is more appropriate for studies of spatially restricted weak and fast Ca2+ dynamics. ..
- Vasilevski O, Grubb D, Filtz T, Yang S, McLeod Dryden T, Luo J, et al. Ins(1,4,5)P(3) regulates phospholipase Cbeta1 expression in cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:679-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ins(1,4,5)P(3) and IP(3)-receptor (type 2) regulate PLCbeta1 and thereby maintain levels of Ins(1,4,5)P(3). This implies some functional significance for Ins(1,4,5)P(3) in the heart. ..
- Wu S, Lu Q, Wang Q, Ding Y, Ma Z, Mao X, et al. Binding of FUN14 Domain Containing 1 With Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate Receptor in Mitochondria-Associated Endoplasmic Reticulum Membranes Maintains Mitochondrial Dynamics and Function in Hearts in Vivo. Circulation. 2017;136:2248-2266 pubmed publisher
- Drawnel F, Wachten D, Molkentin J, Maillet M, Aronsen J, Swift F, et al. Mutual antagonism between IP(3)RII and miRNA-133a regulates calcium signals and cardiac hypertrophy. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:783-98 pubmed publisher..Consequently, IICR can be considered as both an initiating event and a driving force for pathological remodeling. ..
- Faure A, Grunwald D, Moutin M, Hilly M, Mauger J, Marty I, et al. Developmental expression of the calcium release channels during early neurogenesis of the mouse cerebral cortex. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;14:1613-22 pubmed..Altogether, they provide a molecular basis for analyzing the developmental modulation of calcium signals useful for neurogenesis progression. ..
- Lipp S, Wurm A, Pannicke T, Wiedemann P, Reichenbach A, Chen J, et al. Calcium responses mediated by type 2 IP3-receptors are required for osmotic volume regulation of retinal glial cells in mice. Neurosci Lett. 2009;457:85-8 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that endogenous calcium signaling mediated by IP(3)R2 is required for the osmotic volume regulation of retinal glial cells. ..
- Zhou H, Nakamura T, Matsumoto N, Hisatsune C, Mizutani A, Iesaki T, et al. Predominant role of type 1 IP3 receptor in aortic vascular muscle contraction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:213-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that IP(3)R1 plays a predominant role in the function of the vascular smooth muscle in vivo. ..
- Maxwell J, Natesan S, Mignery G. Modulation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 2 channel activity by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII)-mediated phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39419-28 pubmed publisher..The results of this study show that serine 150 of the InsP(3)R2 is phosphorylated by CaMKII and results in a decrease in the channel open probability. ..
- Luciani D, Gwiazda K, Yang T, Kalynyak T, Bychkivska Y, Frey M, et al. Roles of IP3R and RyR Ca2+ channels in endoplasmic reticulum stress and beta-cell death. Diabetes. 2009;58:422-32 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest the involvement of mitochondria in beta-cell apoptosis associated with dysfunctional beta-cell ER Ca(2+) homeostasis and ER stress. ..
- Duncan R, Hwang S, Koulen P. Differential inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor signaling in a neuronal cell line. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;39:1852-62 pubmed..Here, we report the functional localization of differentially distributed IP3 receptor types in the commonly-used hippocampal cell line HT22...
- MartÃn R, Bajo GraÃ±eras R, Moratalla R, Perea G, Araque A. Circuit-specific signaling in astrocyte-neuron networks in basal ganglia pathways. Science. 2015;349:730-4 pubmed publisher..Therefore, bidirectional astrocyte-neuron signaling selectively occurs between specific subpopulations of astrocytes, neurons, and synapses. ..
- Tanaka S, Kabayama H, Enomoto M, Saito N, Mikoshiba K. Inositol 1, 4, 5-trisphosphate receptor interacts with the SNARE domain of syntaxin 1B. J Physiol Sci. 2011;61:221-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Syx1B is an IP(3)R-interacting protein and that its interaction may play a crucial role in regulating the channel activity of IP(3)Rs in Syx1B-expressing cells. ..
- Pérez Alvarez A, Navarrete M, Covelo A, Martin E, Araque A. Structural and functional plasticity of astrocyte processes and dendritic spine interactions. J Neurosci. 2014;34:12738-44 pubmed publisher..These results reveal novel forms of synaptic plasticity based on structural-functional changes of astrocyte-neuron interactions. ..
- Wang F, Xu Q, Wang W, Takano T, Nedergaard M. Bergmann glia modulate cerebellar Purkinje cell bistability via Ca2+-dependent K+ uptake. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7911-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, Bergmann glia play a previously unappreciated role in controlling the membrane potential and thereby the activity of adjacent Purkinje cells. ..
- Agulhon C, Boyt K, Xie A, Friocourt F, Roth B, McCarthy K. Modulation of the autonomic nervous system and behaviour by acute glial cell Gq protein-coupled receptor activation in vivo. J Physiol. 2013;591:5599-609 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an unexpectedly broad role of GFAP(+) glial cells in modulating complex physiology and behaviour in vivo and suggest that these effects are not dependent on IP3-dependent increases in astrocytic Ca(2+). ..
- Pin C, Rukstalis J, Johnson C, Konieczny S. The bHLH transcription factor Mist1 is required to maintain exocrine pancreas cell organization and acinar cell identity. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:519-30 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose that Mist1(KO) mice represent a new genetic model for chronic pancreas injury and that the Mist1 protein serves as a key regulator of acinar cell function, stability, and identity. ..
- Wang P, Tang M, Gao L, Luo H, Wang G, Ma X, et al. Roles of I(f) and intracellular Ca2+ release in spontaneous activity of ventricular cardiomyocytes during murine embryonic development. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1852-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that in murine embryonic ventricular cells I(f) regulates firing rate, while RyRs and IP3Rs (early stage) or RyRs (late stage)-mediated ICR determines the occurrence of APs. ..
- Klar J, Hisatsune C, Baig S, Tariq M, Johansson A, Rasool M, et al. Abolished InsP3R2 function inhibits sweat secretion in both humans and mice. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4773-80 pubmed publisher..of a homozygous missense mutation in ITPR2, which encodes the type 2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor (InsP3R2), that was present in all affected family members...
- Reddy R, Pena J, Roberts B, Williams S, Price S, Gooch J. Rescue of calcineurin A?(-/-) mice reveals a novel role for the ? isoform in the salivary gland. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1605-13 pubmed publisher..Significantly, these data also provide a mechanism to rescue to adulthood a valuable animal model of calcineurin inhibitor-mediated neuronal and renal toxicities. ..
- Turvey M, Fogarty K, Thorn P. Inositol (1,4,5)-trisphosphate receptor links to filamentous actin are important for generating local Ca2+ signals in pancreatic acinar cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:971-80 pubmed..Based on these findings, we suggest that IP(3)Rs form links with F-actin in the apical domain and that these links are essential for the generation of local Ca(2+) spikes. ..
- Martínez Gómez A, Dent M. Expression of IP3 receptor isoforms at the nodes of Ranvier in rat sciatic nerve. Neuroreport. 2007;18:447-50 pubmed..Using immunohistochemical techniques, we show that the three isoforms are expressed in sciatic nerve. IP3R1 and IP3R2 are mainly present in the nucleus of Schwann cells. IP3R1 is also expressed in Schmidt-Lanterman incisures...
- Yang J, Yang H, Liu Y, Li X, Qin L, Lou H, et al. Astrocytes contribute to synapse elimination via type 2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor-dependent release of ATP. elife. 2016;5:e15043 pubmed publisher..Using inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 2 knockout (Itpr2(-/-)) mice to specifically disturb somatic Ca(2+) signaling in astrocytes, we showed that developmental ..
- Agarwal A, Wu P, Hughes E, Fukaya M, Tischfield M, Langseth A, et al. Transient Opening of the Mitochondrial Permeability Transition Pore Induces Microdomain Calcium Transients in Astrocyte Processes. Neuron. 2017;93:587-605.e7 pubmed publisher..By localizing mitochondria to microdomains, astrocytes ensure local metabolic support for energetically demanding processes and enable coupling between metabolic demand and Ca2+ signaling events. ..