Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Irf7
Description: interferon regulatory factor 7
Alias: interferon regulatory factor 7, IRF-7
- Phillips R, Svensson M, Aziz N, Maroof A, Brown N, Beattie L, et al. Innate killing of Leishmania donovani by macrophages of the splenic marginal zone requires IRF-7. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000813 pubmed publisher..This study also highlights the importance of selecting appropriate macrophage populations when studying pathogen interactions with this functionally diverse lineage of cells. ..
- Honda K, Takaoka A, Taniguchi T. Type I interferon [corrected] gene induction by the interferon regulatory factor family of transcription factors. Immunity. 2006;25:349-60 pubmed..Here, we summarize the recent studies on IRFs, providing a paradigm of how genes are ingeniously regulated during immune responses. We also consider some evolutional aspects on the IFN-IRF system. ..
- Hoshino K, Sugiyama T, Matsumoto M, Tanaka T, Saito M, Hemmi H, et al. IkappaB kinase-alpha is critical for interferon-alpha production induced by Toll-like receptors 7 and 9. Nature. 2006;440:949-53 pubmed..Furthermore, IKK-alpha associated with and phosphorylated IRF-7. Our results identify a role for IKK-alpha in TLR7/9 signalling, and highlight IKK-alpha as a potential target for manipulating TLR-induced IFN-alpha production. ..
- Takaoka A, Yanai H, Kondo S, Duncan G, Negishi H, Mizutani T, et al. Integral role of IRF-5 in the gene induction programme activated by Toll-like receptors. Nature. 2005;434:243-9 pubmed..Thus, our study identifies IRF-5 as a new, principal downstream regulator of the TLR-MyD88 signalling pathway and a potential target of therapeutic intervention to control harmful immune responses. ..
- Beattie L, Phillips R, Brown N, Owens B, Chauhan N, Dalton J, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 7 contributes to the control of Leishmania donovani in the mouse liver. Infect Immun. 2011;79:1057-66 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore add interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF-7) to the growing list of interferon regulatory factors that have effects on downstream events in ..
- Litvak V, Ratushny A, Lampano A, Schmitz F, Huang A, Raman A, et al. A FOXO3-IRF7 gene regulatory circuit limits inflammatory sequelae of antiviral responses. Nature. 2012;490:421-5 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide location analysis combined with gene deletion studies identified the Irf7 gene as a critical target of FOXO3...
- Takaoka A, Wang Z, Choi M, Yanai H, Negishi H, Ban T, et al. DAI (DLM-1/ZBP1) is a cytosolic DNA sensor and an activator of innate immune response. Nature. 2007;448:501-5 pubmed
- Schmid S, Mordstein M, Kochs G, Garcia Sastre A, tenOever B. Transcription factor redundancy ensures induction of the antiviral state. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:42013-22 pubmed publisher..elements (ISREs) that bind to both the IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 (ISGF3) as well as to IFN response factor 7 (IRF7)...
- Prakash A, Smith E, Lee C, Levy D. Tissue-specific positive feedback requirements for production of type I interferon following virus infection. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18651-7 pubmed..culture requires positive feedback expression of inducible signaling components, such as the transcription factor IRF7. However, the role of positive feedback and IRF7 in vivo may be more complex...
- McWhirter S, Barbalat R, Monroe K, Fontana M, Hyodo M, Joncker N, et al. A host type I interferon response is induced by cytosolic sensing of the bacterial second messenger cyclic-di-GMP. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1899-911 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel mechanism by which host cells can induce an inflammatory response to a widely produced bacterial ligand. ..
- Prakash A, Levy D. Regulation of IRF7 through cell type-specific protein stability. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:50-6 pubmedb>Interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) is a key component of the cellular response to virus infection that culminates in physiologically relevant IFNalpha production...
- Wang X, Zhang R, Zhang S, Deng S, Jiang D, Zhong J, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 7 deficiency prevents diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;305:E485-95 pubmed publisher..In this study, we addressed the potential role of interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7), a master regulator of type I interferon-dependent immune responses, in the regulation of ..
- Crotta S, Davidson S, Mahlakõiv T, Desmet C, Buckwalter M, Albert M, et al. Type I and type III interferons drive redundant amplification loops to induce a transcriptional signature in influenza-infected airway epithelia. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003773 pubmed publisher..In contrast, lack of IRF7 reduced IFN production significantly, and only IRF3(-/-)IRF7(-/-) double deficiency completely abolished it...
- Honda K, Ohba Y, Yanai H, Negishi H, Mizutani T, Takaoka A, et al. Spatiotemporal regulation of MyD88-IRF-7 signalling for robust type-I interferon induction. Nature. 2005;434:1035-40 pubmed..Thus, our study offers insights into the regulation of TLR9 signalling in space, potentially suggesting a new avenue for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ning S, Campos A, Darnay B, Bentz G, Pagano J. TRAF6 and the three C-terminal lysine sites on IRF7 are required for its ubiquitination-mediated activation by the tumor necrosis factor receptor family member latent membrane protein 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:6536-46 pubmed publisherWe have recently shown that interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) is activated by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) superfamily, through receptor-interacting protein-..
- Schmitz F, Heit A, Guggemoos S, Krug A, Mages J, Schiemann M, et al. Interferon-regulatory-factor 1 controls Toll-like receptor 9-mediated IFN-beta production in myeloid dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:315-27 pubmed..These results demonstrate that TLR-9 activation of mDC and macrophages contributes to antiviral immunity via IRF-1. ..
- Daffis S, Szretter K, Schriewer J, Li J, Youn S, Errett J, et al. 2'-O methylation of the viral mRNA cap evades host restriction by IFIT family members. Nature. 2010;468:452-6 pubmed publisher..Differential methylation of cytoplasmic RNA probably serves as an example for pattern recognition and restriction of propagation of foreign viral RNA in host cells. ..
- Honda K, Yanai H, Mizutani T, Negishi H, Shimada N, Suzuki N, et al. Role of a transductional-transcriptional processor complex involving MyD88 and IRF-7 in Toll-like receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15416-21 pubmed..Thus, we propose that this molecular complex may function as a cytoplasmic transductional-transcriptional processor. ..
- Honda K, Yanai H, Negishi H, Asagiri M, Sato M, Mizutani T, et al. IRF-7 is the master regulator of type-I interferon-dependent immune responses. Nature. 2005;434:772-7 pubmed..Using mice deficient in the Irf7 gene (Irf7-/- mice), we show that the transcription factor IRF-7 is essential for the induction of IFN-alpha/beta ..
- Rudd P, Wilson J, Gardner J, Larcher T, Babarit C, Le T, et al. Interferon response factors 3 and 7 protect against Chikungunya virus hemorrhagic fever and shock. J Virol. 2012;86:9888-98 pubmed publisher..IPS-1- and TRIF-dependent pathways were primarily responsible for IFN-?/? induction, with IRF7 being upregulated >100-fold in infected wild-type mice...
- Bidwell B, Slaney C, Withana N, Forster S, Cao Y, Loi S, et al. Silencing of Irf7 pathways in breast cancer cells promotes bone metastasis through immune escape. Nat Med. 2012;18:1224-31 pubmed publisher..that a substantial number of genes suppressed in bone metastases are targets of the interferon regulatory factor Irf7. Restoration of Irf7 in tumor cells or administration of interferon led to reduced bone metastases and prolonged ..
- Jiang D, Liu Y, Zhou H, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Zhang X, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 7 functions as a novel negative regulator of pathological cardiac hypertrophy. Hypertension. 2014;63:713-22 pubmed publisher..b>Interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) is a multifunctional regulator that participates in immune regulation, cell differentiation, ..
- Blasius A, Arnold C, Georgel P, Rutschmann S, Xia Y, Lin P, et al. Slc15a4, AP-3, and Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome proteins are required for Toll-like receptor signaling in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19973-8 pubmed publisher..These proteins are not necessary for TLR7 or TLR9 signaling in conventional DCs and thus comprise a membrane trafficking pathway uniquely required for endosomal TLR signaling in pDCs. ..
- Daffis S, Samuel M, Suthar M, Keller B, Gale M, Diamond M. Interferon regulatory factor IRF-7 induces the antiviral alpha interferon response and protects against lethal West Nile virus infection. J Virol. 2008;82:8465-75 pubmed publisher..In contrast, in these cells the IFN-beta response remained largely intact. Our data suggest that the early protective IFN-alpha response against WNV occurs through an IRF-7-dependent transcriptional signal. ..
- Lebel M, Daudelin J, Chartrand K, Tarrab E, Kalinke U, Savard P, et al. Nanoparticle adjuvant sensing by TLR7 enhances CD8+ T cell-mediated protection from Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol. 2014;192:1071-8 pubmed publisher..More importantly, pretreatment with PapMV significantly improves effector and memory CD8(+) T cell responses generated through dendritic cell vaccination increasing protection against a Listeria monocytogenes challenge. ..
- O Connor M, Green W. Use of IRF-3 and/or IRF-7 knockout mice to study viral pathogenesis: lessons from a murine retrovirus-induced AIDS model. J Virol. 2014;88:2349-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, caution should be taken when interpreting phenotypes observed in these knockout mice, as strain 129-derived genetic polymorphisms may explain observed differences. ..
- Puttur F, Francozo M, Solmaz G, Bueno C, Lindenberg M, Gohmert M, et al. Conventional Dendritic Cells Confer Protection against Mouse Cytomegalovirus Infection via TLR9 and MyD88 Signaling. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1113-1127 pubmed publisher..Overall, we compartmentalize the cellular contribution of TLR9 and MyD88 signaling in individual DC subsets and evaluate the mechanism by which cDCs control MCMV immunity. ..
- Takaki H, Takeda M, Tahara M, Shingai M, Oshiumi H, Matsumoto M, et al. The MyD88 pathway in plasmacytoid and CD4+ dendritic cells primarily triggers type I IFN production against measles virus in a mouse infection model. J Immunol. 2013;191:4740-7 pubmed publisher..Induction of type I IFN in these DC subsets was abolished by the MyD88 inhibitory peptide. Thus, production of type I IFN occurs via the MyD88-dependent and MAVS-independent signaling pathway during MV infection. ..
- Rosenberger C, Podyminogin R, Diercks A, Treuting P, Peschon J, Rodriguez D, et al. miR-144 attenuates the host response to influenza virus by targeting the TRAF6-IRF7 signaling axis. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006305 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-144 reduces the antiviral response by attenuating the TRAF6-IRF7 pathway to alter the cellular antiviral transcriptional landscape.
- Prantner D, Sikes J, Hennings L, Savenka A, Basnakian A, Nagarajan U. Interferon regulatory transcription factor 3 protects mice from uterine horn pathology during Chlamydia muridarum genital infection. Infect Immun. 2011;79:3922-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IRF3 has a role in protection from uterine horn pathology that is independent of its function in IFN-? expression...
- Miyagawa F, Tagaya Y, Ozato K, Asada H. Essential Requirement for IFN Regulatory Factor 7 in Autoantibody Production but Not Development of Nephritis in Murine Lupus. J Immunol. 2016;197:2167-76 pubmed publisher..regulatory factor (IRF) 7 gene polymorphisms are associated with an increased risk of SLE, but the precise role of IRF7 in SLE development is not fully understood...
- Lee M, Kim B, Oh G, Kim Y. OASL1 inhibits translation of the type I interferon-regulating transcription factor IRF7. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:346-55 pubmed publisher..Here we found that OASL1 inhibited translation of IRF7, the master transcription factor for type I interferon, and thus negatively regulated the robust production of type ..
- Siednienko J, Jackson R, Mellett M, Delagic N, Yang S, Wang B, et al. Pellino3 targets the IRF7 pathway and facilitates autoregulation of TLR3- and viral-induced expression of type I interferons. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:1055-62 pubmed publisher..This modification suppressed the ability of TRAF6 to interact with and activate IRF7, resulting in downregulation of type I interferon expression...
- Lauterbach H, Bathke B, Gilles S, Traidl Hoffmann C, Luber C, Fejer G, et al. Mouse CD8alpha+ DCs and human BDCA3+ DCs are major producers of IFN-lambda in response to poly IC. J Exp Med. 2010;207:2703-17 pubmed publisher..depended on hematopoietic cells and the presence of TLR3 (Toll-like receptor 3), IRF3 (IFN regulatory factor 3), IRF7, IFN-I receptor, Fms-related tyrosine kinase 3 ligand (FL), and IRF8 but not on MyD88 (myeloid differentiation ..
- Wang J, Yang B, Hu Y, Zheng Y, Zhou H, Wang Y, et al. Negative regulation of Nmi on virus-triggered type I IFN production by targeting IRF7. J Immunol. 2013;191:3393-9 pubmed publisher..In this article, we report that N-Myc and STATs interactor (Nmi), a Sendai virus-inducible protein, interacted with IRF7 and inhibited virus-triggered type I IFN production...
- Goupil B, McNulty M, Martin M, McCracken M, Christofferson R, Mores C. Novel Lesions of Bones and Joints Associated with Chikungunya Virus Infection in Two Mouse Models of Disease: New Insights into Disease Pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155243 pubmed publisher..Additionally, results demonstrate the utility of μCT in studies of bone and joint pathology and illustrate differences in bone dynamics between mouse strains. ..
- Iversen M, Reinert L, Thomsen M, Bagdonaite I, Nandakumar R, Cheshenko N, et al. An innate antiviral pathway acting before interferons at epithelial surfaces. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:150-8 pubmed publisher..This study therefore identifies a previously unknown layer of antiviral defense that exerts its action on epithelial surfaces before the classical IFN response is operative. ..
- Rongvaux A, Jackson R, Harman C, Li T, West A, de Zoete M, et al. Apoptotic caspases prevent the induction of type I interferons by mitochondrial DNA. Cell. 2014;159:1563-77 pubmed publisher..This mechanism provides a dual control, which determines whether mitochondria initiate an immunologically silent or a proinflammatory type of cell death. ..
- Konno H, Yamamoto T, Yamazaki K, Gohda J, Akiyama T, Semba K, et al. TRAF6 establishes innate immune responses by activating NF-kappaB and IRF7 upon sensing cytosolic viral RNA and DNA. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5674 pubmed publisher..Activation of NF-kappaB and IRF7, but not that of IRF3, was significantly impaired during RLH signaling in the absence of TRAF6...
- Schliehe C, Flynn E, Vilagos B, Richson U, Swaminanthan S, Bosnjak B, et al. The methyltransferase Setdb2 mediates virus-induced susceptibility to bacterial superinfection. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:67-74 pubmed publisher..This suggested that a Setdb2-mediated regulatory crosstalk between the type I interferons and NF-ÎºB pathways represents an important mechanism for virus-induced susceptibility to bacterial superinfection. ..
- Rathinam V, Jiang Z, Waggoner S, Sharma S, Cole L, Waggoner L, et al. The AIM2 inflammasome is essential for host defense against cytosolic bacteria and DNA viruses. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:395-402 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our observations demonstrate the importance of AIM2 in the sensing of both bacterial and viral pathogens and in triggering innate immunity...
- Zhao Y, Xu D, Jiang Y, Zhang L. Dual functions of interferon regulatory factors 7C in Epstein-Barr virus-mediated transformation of human B lymphocytes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9459 pubmed publisher..The work provides a novel relation of host/virus interactions, and has expanded our knowledge about IRFs in EBV transformation. ..
- Biondo C, Signorino G, Costa A, Midiri A, Gerace E, Galbo R, et al. Recognition of yeast nucleic acids triggers a host-protective type I interferon response. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1969-79 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that recognition of yeast nucleic acids by TLR7 and TLR9 triggers a host-protective IFN-?/? response. ..
- Bhattacharya A, Hegazy A, Deigendesch N, Kosack L, Cupovic J, Kandasamy R, et al. Superoxide Dismutase 1 Protects Hepatocytes from Type I Interferon-Driven Oxidative Damage. Immunity. 2015;43:974-86 pubmed publisher..video abstract. ..
- del Fresno C, Soulat D, Roth S, Blazek K, Udalova I, Sancho D, et al. Interferon-? production via Dectin-1-Syk-IRF5 signaling in dendritic cells is crucial for immunity to C. albicans. Immunity. 2013;38:1176-86 pubmed publisher..cytosolic receptors or membrane-bound TLR receptors following the activation of the transcription factors IRF3 or IRF7. IFN-? production after fungal infection was recently reported, although the underlying mechanism remains ..
- Fang C, Roy S, Nielsen E, Paul M, Maul R, Paun A, et al. Unique contribution of IRF-5-Ikaros axis to the B-cell IgG2a response. Genes Immun. 2012;13:421-30 pubmed publisher..We show that IRF-8 but not IRF-4 activates the ikzf1 promoter, and IRF-5 inhibits the transcriptional activity of IRF-8. Collectively, these results identify the IRF-5-Ikaros axis as a critical modulator of IgG2a/c class switching. ..
- Luo H, Winkelmann E, Xie G, Fang R, Peng B, Li L, et al. MAVS Is Essential for Primary CD4+ T Cell Immunity but Not for Recall T Cell Responses following an Attenuated West Nile Virus Infection. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Overall, these results may be utilized as a paradigm to aid in the rational development of other efficacious live attenuated flavivirus vaccines. ..
- Sweeney T, Suliman H, Hollingsworth J, Welty Wolf K, Piantadosi C. A toll-like receptor 2 pathway regulates the Ppargc1a/b metabolic co-activators in mice with Staphylococcal aureus sepsis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25249 pubmed publisher..aureus sepsis that links TLR2 and TLR4 signaling in innate immunity to Ppargc1a/b gene regulation in a critical metabolic organ, the liver, by means of TRAM, TRIF, and IRF-7. ..
- Schuessler A, Funk A, Lazear H, Cooper D, Torres S, Daffis S, et al. West Nile virus noncoding subgenomic RNA contributes to viral evasion of the type I interferon-mediated antiviral response. J Virol. 2012;86:5708-18 pubmed publisher..The results define a novel function of sfRNA in flavivirus pathogenesis via its contribution to viral evasion of the type I interferon response. ..
- De Ioannes P, Escalante C, Aggarwal A. Structures of apo IRF-3 and IRF-7 DNA binding domains: effect of loop L1 on DNA binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:7300-7 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that differences in flexibility of loop L1 are an important determinant of differential IRF-DNA binding. ..
- Blackburn J, Ohazama A, Kawasaki K, Otsuka Tanaka Y, Liu B, Honda K, et al. The role of Irf6 in tooth epithelial invagination. Dev Biol. 2012;365:61-70 pubmed publisher..Irf6 thus also plays a critical role in regulating epithelial invagination. In addition, we also found that canonical Wnt signaling is upregulated in evaginated incisor epithelium of both Ikk? and Irf6 mutant embryos. ..
- Hoebe K, Du X, Goode J, Mann N, Beutler B. Lps2: a new locus required for responses to lipopolysaccharide, revealed by germline mutagenesis and phenotypic screening. J Endotoxin Res. 2003;9:250-5 pubmed..The Lps2 mutation does not preclude signaling initiated by peptidoglycan or unmethylated DNA. Hence, genetic data suggest that there is at least one 'missing' component of the LPS receptor complex that has yet to be found. ..
- Lee H, Komano J, Saitoh Y, Yamaoka S, Kozaki T, Misawa T, et al. Zinc-finger antiviral protein mediates retinoic acid inducible gene I-like receptor-independent antiviral response to murine leukemia virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:12379-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, ZAP is a unique member of the cytosolic RNA-sensing PRR family that targets and eliminates intracellular RNA viruses independently of TLR and RLR family members. ..
- Schwandt T, Schumak B, Gielen G, Jüngerkes F, Schmidbauer P, Klocke K, et al. Expression of type I interferon by splenic macrophages suppresses adaptive immunity during sepsis. EMBO J. 2012;31:201-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we identify potential molecular targets for therapeutic intervention to overcome impairment of T-cell immunity after sepsis. ..
- Ousman S, Wang J, Campbell I. Differential regulation of interferon regulatory factor (IRF)-7 and IRF-9 gene expression in the central nervous system during viral infection. J Virol. 2005;79:7514-27 pubmed
- Proença Módena J, Sesti Costa R, Pinto A, Richner J, Lazear H, Lucas T, et al. Oropouche virus infection and pathogenesis are restricted by MAVS, IRF-3, IRF-7, and type I interferon signaling pathways in nonmyeloid cells. J Virol. 2015;89:4720-37 pubmed publisher..Our results establish that a MAVS-dependent type I IFN signaling pathway has a dominant role in restricting OROV infection and pathogenesis in vivo. ..
- Bode K, Schmitz F, Vargas L, Heeg K, Dalpke A. Kinetic of RelA activation controls magnitude of TLR-mediated IL-12p40 induction. J Immunol. 2009;182:2176-84 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that differences in the kinetics of a common TLR signaling module affect the biological response patterns of various TLRs, with IL-12p40 being a gene that needs prolonged NF-kappaB activation. ..
- McComb S, Cessford E, Alturki N, Joseph J, Shutinoski B, Startek J, et al. Type-I interferon signaling through ISGF3 complex is required for sustained Rip3 activation and necroptosis in macrophages. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E3206-13 pubmed publisher..Induction of IFNAR1/Rip3-dependent necroptosis also resulted in potent inflammatory pathology in vivo. These results reveal how IFN-I mediates acute inflammation through macrophage necroptosis. ..
- Saitoh T, Satoh T, Yamamoto N, Uematsu S, Takeuchi O, Kawai T, et al. Antiviral protein Viperin promotes Toll-like receptor 7- and Toll-like receptor 9-mediated type I interferon production in plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Immunity. 2011;34:352-63 pubmed publisher..and facilitated K63-linked ubiquitination of IRAK1 to induce the nuclear translocation of transcription factor IRF7. Loss of Viperin reduced TLR7- and TLR9-mediated production of type I IFN by pDCs...
- Taylor K, Woods T, Winkler C, Carmody A, Peterson K. Age-dependent myeloid dendritic cell responses mediate resistance to la crosse virus-induced neurological disease. J Virol. 2014;88:11070-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study demonstrates a reason for susceptibility to LACV infection in young animals and shows that early therapeutic treatment in young animals can prevent neurological disease. ..
- Bozza S, Gaziano R, Bonifazi P, Zelante T, Pitzurra L, Montagnoli C, et al. Thymosin alpha1 activates the TLR9/MyD88/IRF7-dependent murine cytomegalovirus sensing for induction of anti-viral responses in vivo. Int Immunol. 2007;19:1261-70 pubmed
- Huang L, Zhang S, Zhang P, Zhang X, Zhu L, Chen K, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 7 protects against vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointima formation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014;3:e001309 pubmed publisherb>Interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7), a member of the interferon regulatory factor family, plays important roles in innate immunity and immune cell differentiation. However, the role of IRF7 in neointima formation is currently unknown...
- Farlik M, Rapp B, Marie I, Levy D, Jamieson A, Decker T. Contribution of a TANK-binding kinase 1-interferon (IFN) regulatory factor 7 pathway to IFN-?-induced gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1032-43 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the Irf7 gene is regulated by transcription factors STAT1 and IRF9 in response to the type II interferon (IFN) IFN-?...
- Kamran N, Takai Y, Miyoshi J, Biswas S, Wong J, Gasser S. Toll-like receptor ligands induce expression of the costimulatory molecule CD155 on antigen-presenting cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54406 pubmed publisher..Induction of CD155 by Toll-like receptors depended on MYD88, TRIF and NF-?B. In addition, IRF3, but not IRF7, modulated CD155 upregulation in response to TLR3 signals...
- Sharma S, Deoliveira R, Kalantari P, Parroche P, Goutagny N, Jiang Z, et al. Innate immune recognition of an AT-rich stem-loop DNA motif in the Plasmodium falciparum genome. Immunity. 2011;35:194-207 pubmed publisher..Rather, AT-rich DNA sensing involved an unknown receptor that coupled to the STING, TBK1 and IRF3-IRF7 signaling pathway...
- Yoshida H, Okabe Y, Kawane K, Fukuyama H, Nagata S. Lethal anemia caused by interferon-beta produced in mouse embryos carrying undigested DNA. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:49-56 pubmed
- Giordano G, van den Brule S, Lo Re S, Triqueneaux P, Uwambayinema F, Yakoub Y, et al. Type I interferon signaling contributes to chronic inflammation in a murine model of silicosis. Toxicol Sci. 2010;116:682-92 pubmed publisher..Type I IFN is, however, dispensable in the development of silica-induced acute lung inflammation and pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Tanaka T, Murakami K, Bando Y, Yoshida S. Interferon regulatory factor 7 participates in the M1-like microglial polarization switch. Glia. 2015;63:595-610 pubmed publisher..These features switched in response to polarization cues. We found that expression of interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) increased during the M2-like to M1-like switch in microglia in vitro and in vivo...
- Buettner N, Vogt C, Mart nez Sobrido L, Weber F, Waibler Z, Kochs G. Thogoto virus ML protein is a potent inhibitor of the interferon regulatory factor-7 transcription factor. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:220-7 pubmed publisher..We found that reporter gene expression dependent on IRF3 and IRF7 was strongly inhibited by ML...
- Takaki H, Honda K, Atarashi K, Kobayashi F, Ebihara T, Oshiumi H, et al. MAVS-dependent IRF3/7 bypass of interferon ?-induction restricts the response to measles infection in CD150Tg mouse bone marrow-derived dendritic cells. Mol Immunol. 2014;57:100-10 pubmed publisher..In mouse experimental BMDCs models, we found CD150Tg/Mavs(-/-)BMDCs, but not CD150Tg/Irf3(-/-)/Irf7(-/-)BMDCs, permissive to MV...
- Christensen J, Fenger C, Issazadeh Navikas S, Krug A, Liljestrøm P, Goriely S, et al. Differential impact of interferon regulatory factor 7 in initiation of the type I interferon response in the lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus-infected central nervous system versus the periphery. J Virol. 2012;86:7384-92 pubmed publisher..A key finding is that neither IRF3 nor IRF7 is absolutely required for induction of a type I IFN response in the LCMV-infected CNS, whereas concurrent ..
- Salem M, Mony J, Løbner M, Khorooshi R, Owens T. Interferon regulatory factor-7 modulates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:181 pubmed publisher..b>Interferon regulatory factor 7 (IRF7) is critical for the induction and positive feedback regulation of type I IFN...
- Paun A, Bankoti R, Joshi T, Pitha P, Stager S. Critical role of IRF-5 in the development of T helper 1 responses to Leishmania donovani infection. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001246 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results identify IRF-5 as a critical molecular switch for the development of Th1 immune responses following L. donovani infections and reveal an indirect role of IRF-5 in the regulation of iNOS expression. ..