Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Inpp5e
Description: inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase E
Alias: 1200002L24Rik, 72kDa, mKIAA0123, 72 kDa inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase, inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase, 72 kDa, phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate 5-phosphatase, phosphatidylinositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase type IV
- Horan K, Watanabe K, Kong A, Bailey C, Rasko J, Sasaki T, et al. Regulation of FcgammaR-stimulated phagocytosis by the 72-kDa inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase: SHIP1, but not the 72-kDa 5-phosphatase, regulates complement receptor 3 mediated phagocytosis by differential recruitment of these 5-phosphatases to t. Blood. 2007;110:4480-91 pubmed..Therefore, 72-5ptase and SHIP1 exhibit specificity in regulating FcgammaR- versus CR3-stimulated phagocytosis by controlling the amplitude and duration of PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) at the phagocytic cup. ..
- ChÃ¡vez M, Ena S, van Sande J, de Kerchove d Exaerde A, Schurmans S, Schiffmann S. Modulation of Ciliary Phosphoinositide Content Regulates Trafficking and Sonic Hedgehog Signaling Output. Dev Cell. 2015;34:338-50 pubmed publisher..Mutations in inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase E (INPP5E) have been associated with ciliary dysfunction; however, its role in regulating ciliary phosphoinositides is ..
- Garcia Gonzalo F, Phua S, Roberson E, Garcia G, Abedin M, Schurmans S, et al. Phosphoinositides Regulate Ciliary Protein Trafficking to Modulate Hedgehog Signaling. Dev Cell. 2015;34:400-409 pubmed publisher..This distribution is created by Inpp5e, a ciliary phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase...
- Hakim S, Dyson J, Feeney S, Davies E, Sriratana A, Koenig M, et al. Inpp5e suppresses polycystic kidney disease via inhibition of PI3K/Akt-dependent mTORC1 signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:2295-2313 pubmedPolycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a common cause of renal failure with few effective treatments. INPP5E is an inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase that dephosphorylates phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-generated PI(3,4,5)P3 ..
- Sierra Potchanant E, Cerabona D, Sater Z, He Y, Sun Z, Gehlhausen J, et al. INPP5E Preserves Genomic Stability through Regulation of Mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Previous studies revealed that INPP5E, the inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase that is mutated in the developmental disorders Joubert and MORM ..