Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Inpp5b
Description: inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase B
Alias: 5PTase, AW260155, INPP5P, type II inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase, inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase, 75 kDa, phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase
- Hellsten E, Bernard D, Owens J, Eckhaus M, Suchy S, Nussbaum R. Sertoli cell vacuolization and abnormal germ cell adhesion in mice deficient in an inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:1522-30 pubmed..junctions and stain positive for N-cadherin and beta-catenin in the Sertoli cell cytosol of mice deficient in Inpp5b, an inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase...
- Matzaris M, O Malley C, Badger A, Speed C, Bird P, Mitchell C. Distinct membrane and cytosolic forms of inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase II. Efficient membrane localization requires two discrete domains. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8256-67 pubmed..This allows differential distribution of the 5-phosphatase II activity between the membrane and cytosol of the cell and thereby may regulate enzyme access to phosphoinositide-derived signaling molecules. ..
- Jänne P, Suchy S, Bernard D, Macdonald M, Crawley J, Grinberg A, et al. Functional overlap between murine Inpp5b and Ocrl1 may explain why deficiency of the murine ortholog for OCRL1 does not cause Lowe syndrome in mice. J Clin Invest. 1998;101:2042-53 pubmed..We hypothesized that Ocrl1 deficiency is complemented in mice by inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase (Inpp5b), an autosomal gene that encodes a phosphatidylinositol bisphosphate 5-phosphatase highly homologous to Ocrl1...
- Bernard D, Nussbaum R. X-inactivation analysis of embryonic lethality in Ocrl wt/-; Inpp5b-/- mice. Mamm Genome. 2010;21:186-94 pubmed publisher..Targeted disruption of its closest paralog, Inpp5b, causes male infertility in the 129S6 background. Mice with disruptions of both genes are lost in utero prior to 9...
- Hellsten E, Evans J, Bernard D, Jänne P, Nussbaum R. Disrupted sperm function and fertilin beta processing in mice deficient in the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase Inpp5b. Dev Biol. 2001;240:641-53 pubmedb>Inpp5b is an ubiquitously expressed type II inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase. We have disrupted the Inpp5b gene in mice and found that homozygous mutant males are infertile. Here we examine the causes for the infertility in detail...
- Inoue K, Balkin D, Liu L, Nandez R, Wu Y, Tian X, et al. Kidney Tubular Ablation of Ocrl/Inpp5b Phenocopies Lowe Syndrome Tubulopathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:1399-1407 pubmed publisher..possibly because of the redundant functions of OCRL and its paralog type 2 inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase (INPP5B). Germline knockout of both paralogs in mice results in early embryonic lethality...
- Marcello M, Evans J. Multivariate analysis of male reproductive function in Inpp5b-/- mice reveals heterogeneity in defects in fertility, sperm-egg membrane interaction and proteolytic cleavage of sperm ADAMs. Mol Hum Reprod. 2010;16:492-505 pubmed publisherPast work indicated that sperm from mice deficient in the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase Inpp5b have reduced ability to fertilize eggs in vitro and reduced epididymal proteolytic processing of the sperm protein A Disintegrin and A ..
- Kuroiwa A, Yamashita Y, Inui M, Yuasa T, Ono M, Nagabukuro A, et al. Association of tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2, inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP with gp49B1, and chromosomal assignment of the gene. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1070-4 pubmed..The gene pair was shown to locate in the B4 band of mouse chromosome 10. In this region, no conserved linkage homology to human chromosome 19, where the genes for killer cell inhibitory receptors are found, has been identified. ..
- Ooms L, Horan K, Rahman P, Seaton G, Gurung R, Kethesparan D, et al. The role of the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases in cellular function and human disease. Biochem J. 2009;419:29-49 pubmed publisher..inositol phosphatase] 2, SKIP (skeletal muscle- and kidney-enriched inositol phosphatase) and 72-5ptase (72 kDa 5-ptase)/Type IV/Inpp5e (inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase E) are implicated in negatively regulating ..
- Bothwell S, Chan E, Bernardini I, Kuo Y, Gahl W, Nussbaum R. Mouse model for Lowe syndrome/Dent Disease 2 renal tubulopathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:443-8 pubmed publisher..b>Inpp5b and INPP5B, paralogous autosomal genes that encode another type II phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase in mice and ..
- Bothwell S, Farber L, Hoagland A, Nussbaum R. Species-specific difference in expression and splice-site choice in Inpp5b, an inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase paralogous to the enzyme deficient in Lowe Syndrome. Mamm Genome. 2010;21:458-66 pubmed publisher..We therefore turned our attention to Inpp5b, another type II PtdIns4,5P(2) 5-phosphatase encoded by Inpp5b in mice and INPP5B in humans, as potential ..
- O Malley C, McColl B, Kong A, Ellis S, Wijayaratnam A, Sambrook J, et al. Mammalian inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase II can compensate for the absence of all three yeast Sac1-like-domain-containing 5-phosphatases. Biochem J. 2001;355:805-17 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate the functional and cellular consequences of PtdIns(4,5)P(2) accumulation and the evolutionary conservation of function between mammalian and yeast PtdIns(4,5)P(2) 5-phosphatases. ..
- Maeda Y, Funata N, Takahama S, Sugata Y, Yonekawa H. Two interactive genes responsible for a new inherited cataract (RCT) in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:278-83 pubmed..The rct locus essential for the onset of the cataract was tightly linked to D4Mit278 on Chromosome (Chr) 4 with no recombination. The mrct locus was closely linked to D5Mit239 (chi2 = 66.3, P < 0.00001) on Chr 5. ..
- Kong A, Horan K, Sriratana A, Bailey C, Collyer L, Nandurkar H, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate [PtdIns3P] is generated at the plasma membrane by an inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase: endogenous PtdIns3P can promote GLUT4 translocation to the plasma membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6065-81 pubmed..ectopic expression of wild-type, but not catalytically inactive 72-kDa inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase (72-5ptase), generated PtdIns(3)P at the plasma membrane...
- Vidal F, Aberdam D, Miquel C, Christiano A, Pulkkinen L, Uitto J, et al. Integrin beta 4 mutations associated with junctional epidermolysis bullosa with pyloric atresia. Nat Genet. 1995;10:229-34 pubmed..The maternal mutation occurs in a donor splice site, and results in in-frame exon skipping involving the cytoplasmic domain of the polypeptide. Our results implicate mutations in the beta 4 integrin gene in some forms of PA-JEB. ..
- Jänne P, Rochelle J, Martin DeLeon P, Stambolian D, Seldin M, Nussbaum R. Mapping of the 75-kDa inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase (Inpp5b) to distal mouse chromosome 4 and its exclusion as a candidate gene for dysgenetic lens. Genomics. 1995;28:280-5 pubmed..determined the chromosomal localization of the murine gene encoding a 75-kDa inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase (Inpp5b)...
- Jänne P, Dutra A, Dracopoli N, Charnas L, Puck J, Nussbaum R. Localization of the 75-kDa inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase (INPP5B) to human chromosome band 1p34. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1994;66:164-6 pubmed..To further characterize these enzymatic forms, we have mapped the gene (INPP5B) coding for the 75-kDa type II enzyme...