Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Inha
Description: inhibin alpha
Alias: AW555078, inhibin alpha chain
- Su J, Hsueh A. Characterization of mouse inhibin alpha gene and its promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:293-300 pubmed..The mouse inhibin alpha genomic clone should be useful for analysis of hormonal control of inhibin alpha transcription and the generation of mice with targeted deletion of this gene. ..
- Kananen K, Markkula M, Rainio E, Su J, Hsueh A, Huhtaniemi I. Gonadal tumorigenesis in transgenic mice bearing the mouse inhibin alpha-subunit promoter/simian virus T-antigen fusion gene: characterization of ovarian tumors and establishment of gonadotropin-responsive granulosa cell lines. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:616-27 pubmed
- Kipp J, Kilen S, Woodruff T, Mayo K. Activin regulates estrogen receptor gene expression in the mouse ovary. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36755-65 pubmed..Therefore, this study reveals an important role for activin in inducing the expression of ERs in the mouse ovary and suggests important interplay between activin and estrogen signaling. ..
- Li Q, Graff J, O Connor A, Loveland K, Matzuk M. SMAD3 regulates gonadal tumorigenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:2472-86 pubmed..Moreover, the activin-induced cachexia syndrome is potentially mediated through both SMAD2 and SMAD3 or only through SMAD2 in the liver and stomach. These studies identify sexually dimorphic functions of SMAD3 in gonadal tumorigenesis. ..
- Matzuk M, Finegold M, Su J, Hsueh A, Bradley A. Alpha-inhibin is a tumour-suppressor gene with gonadal specificity in mice. Nature. 1992;360:313-9 pubmed..Inhibin is thus a critical negative regulator of gonadal stromal cell proliferation and the first secreted protein identified to have tumour-suppressor activity. ..
- Kumar T, Palapattu G, Wang P, Woodruff T, Boime I, Byrne M, et al. Transgenic models to study gonadotropin function: the role of follicle-stimulating hormone in gonadal growth and tumorigenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:851-65 pubmed..However, these results suggest FSH is an important trophic modifier factor for gonadal tumorigenesis in inhibin-deficient mice. ..
- Cipriano S, Chen L, Burns K, Koff A, Matzuk M. Inhibin and p27 interact to regulate gonadal tumorigenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:985-96 pubmed..we analyzed the regulation of cell cycle proteins in gonadal tumors derived from inhibin alpha knockout mice (Inha(-/-))...
- Pierson T, Wang Y, DeMayo F, Matzuk M, Tsai S, Omalley B. Regulable expression of inhibin A in wild-type and inhibin alpha null mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1075-85 pubmed..In addition, these studies are the first example of an inducible system being used to prevent a lethal knockout phenotype in an animal model. ..
- Matzuk M, Finegold M, Mather J, Krummen L, Lu H, Bradley A. Development of cancer cachexia-like syndrome and adrenal tumors in inhibin-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:8817-21 pubmed..However, these gonadectomized, inhibin-deficient mice eventually develop adrenal cortical sex steroidogenic tumors with nearly 100% penetrance, demonstrating that inhibin is also a tumor suppressor for the adrenal gland...
- Li Q, Kumar R, Underwood K, O Connor A, Loveland K, Seehra J, et al. Prevention of cachexia-like syndrome development and reduction of tumor progression in inhibin-deficient mice following administration of a chimeric activin receptor type II-murine Fc protein. Mol Hum Reprod. 2007;13:675-83 pubmed..The current findings have potential implications in the design of new drugs or strategies for the treatment of ovarian and testicular tumors and other conditions where ligands signal through ActRII. ..
- Matzuk M, Kumar T, Shou W, Coerver K, Lau A, Behringer R, et al. Transgenic models to study the roles of inhibins and activins in reproduction, oncogenesis, and development. Recent Prog Horm Res. 1996;51:123-54; discussion 155-7 pubmed
- Kananen K, Markkula M, El Hefnawy T, Zhang F, Paukku T, Su J, et al. The mouse inhibin alpha-subunit promoter directs SV40 T-antigen to Leydig cells in transgenic mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1996;119:135-46 pubmed..This gonadal tumor model is valuable for further studies on endocrine functions of Leydig cells and their tumorigenesis in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Burns K, Agno J, Sicinski P, Matzuk M. Cyclin D2 and p27 are tissue-specific regulators of tumorigenesis in inhibin alpha knockout mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2053-69 pubmed
- Gummow B, Winnay J, Hammer G. Convergence of Wnt signaling and steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1) on transcription of the rat inhibin alpha gene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26572-9 pubmed..These data support the recent observation that beta-catenin can participate in nuclear receptor-mediated transcriptional activation and extend the findings to the monomer binding class of orphan nuclear receptors. ..
- Looyenga B, Wiater E, Vale W, Hammer G. Inhibin-A antagonizes TGFbeta2 signaling by down-regulating cell surface expression of the TGFbeta coreceptor betaglycan. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:608-20 pubmed publisher..Inhibin-null (Inha-/-) mice develop both gonadal and adrenocortical tumors, the latter of which depend upon gonadectomy for initiation...
- Itman C, Small C, Griswold M, Nagaraja A, Matzuk M, Brown C, et al. Developmentally regulated SMAD2 and SMAD3 utilization directs activin signaling outcomes. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1688-700 pubmed publisher..In transgenic mice with altered activin bioactivity that display fertility phenotypes, Gja1 and Serpina5 are significantly altered. Thus, differential SMAD utilization in response to activin features during Sertoli cell maturation. ..
- Schmitt J, Millar D, Pedersen J, Clark S, Venter D, Frydenberg M, et al. Hypermethylation of the inhibin alpha-subunit gene in prostate carcinoma. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:213-20 pubmed..These data provide the first demonstration that promoter hypermethylation and LOH are associated with the inhibin alpha-subunit gene and gene locus in prostate cancer. ..
- Li Q, Karam S, Coerver K, Matzuk M, Gordon J. Stimulation of activin receptor II signaling pathways inhibits differentiation of multiple gastric epithelial lineages. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:181-92 pubmed..Mice homozygous for a null allele of the alpha-inhibin gene (inha[m1/m1]) develop gonadal sex cord stromal tumors that secrete large amounts of activins A and B...
- Kumar T, Agno J, Janovick J, Conn P, Matzuk M. Regulation of FSHbeta and GnRH receptor gene expression in activin receptor II knockout male mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;212:19-27 pubmed..Our studies confirm the importance of using in vivo genetic models for studying regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- Cho B, McMullen M, Pei L, Yates C, Mayo K. Reproductive deficiencies in transgenic mice expressing the rat inhibin alpha-subunit gene. Endocrinology. 2001;142:4994-5004 pubmed
- Andreu Vieyra C, Chen R, Matzuk M. Effects of granulosa cell-specific deletion of Rb in Inha-alpha null female mice. Endocrinology. 2007;148:3837-49 pubmed..We have previously shown that female mice lacking inhibins (Inha(-/-)) develop granulosa cell tumors and that concurrent loss of p27 accelerates tumor development...
- Trudeau V, Matzuk M, Hache R, Renaud L. Overexpression of activin-beta A subunit mRNA is associated with decreased activin type II receptor mRNA levels in the testes of alpha-inhibin deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:105-12 pubmed..These results demonstrate that increased expression of activin is accompanied by a tissue specific reduction in the expression of its own receptor mRNA in vivo. ..
- Seok O, Ahn J, Mayo K, Cho B. Developmental changes in inhibin-alpha gene expression in the mouse testis. Mol Cells. 2004;17:67-72 pubmed..Taken together, our data reveal that activation of inhibin-alpha gene during testis development correlated with the histological maturation of the testis and the acquisition of fertility in male mice. ..
- McMullen M, Cho B, Yates C, Mayo K. Gonadal pathologies in transgenic mice expressing the rat inhibin alpha-subunit. Endocrinology. 2001;142:5005-14 pubmed..The antagonist studies are consistent with a direct ovarian effect of the alpha-subunit transgene product mediated by changes in the inhibin-to-activin ratio in these mice. ..
- Cai K, Hua G, Ahmad S, Liang A, Han L, Wu C, et al. Action mechanism of inhibin Î±-subunit on the development of Sertoli cells and first wave of spermatogenesis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25585 pubmed publisher..we partially silenced both the transcription and translation of the gene for the Î±-subunit of inhibin, Inha, using recombinant pshRNA vectors developed with RNAi-Ready pSIREN-RetroQ-ZsGreen Vector (Clontech Laboratories, ..
- Yan W, Burns K, Matzuk M. Genetic engineering to study testicular tumorigenesis. APMIS. 2003;111:174-81; discussion 182-3 pubmed..Genetic engineering in mouse models provides a powerful tool to study the mechanisms of testicular tumorigenesis and define the important genetic modifiers in vivo. ..
- Burns K, Agno J, Chen L, Haupt B, Ogbonna S, Korach K, et al. Sexually dimorphic roles of steroid hormone receptor signaling in gonadal tumorigenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2039-52 pubmed
- Matzuk M, Kumar T, Vassalli A, Bickenbach J, Roop D, Jaenisch R, et al. Functional analysis of activins during mammalian development. Nature. 1995;374:354-6 pubmed..In contrast to observations in lower vertebrates, zygotic expression of activins is not essential for mesoderm formation in mice. ..
- Looyenga B, Hammer G. Genetic removal of Smad3 from inhibin-null mice attenuates tumor progression by uncoupling extracellular mitogenic signals from the cell cycle machinery. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:2440-57 pubmed..Unopposed activin signaling in inhibin-null (Inha-/-) mice causes the formation of granulosa cell tumors in the gonads and adrenal cortex, which depend upon FSH for ..
- Nagaraja A, Agno J, Kumar T, Matzuk M. Luteinizing hormone promotes gonadal tumorigenesis in inhibin-deficient mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;294:19-28 pubmed publisher..Mice homozygous for a targeted deletion of the inhibin alpha subunit gene (Inha(-/-)) develop sex cord-stromal tumors in a gonadotropin-dependent manner...
- Kumar T, Wang Y, Matzuk M. Gonadotropins are essential modifier factors for gonadal tumor development in inhibin-deficient mice. Endocrinology. 1996;137:4210-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that gonadotropins are essential modifier factors for tumor development in inhibin-deficient mice. ..
- Cipriano S, Chen L, Kumar T, Matzuk M. Follistatin is a modulator of gonadal tumor progression and the activin-induced wasting syndrome in inhibin-deficient mice. Endocrinology. 2000;141:2319-27 pubmed..Thus, follistatin can act as a modulator of tumor growth and the activin-induced cancer cachexia-like syndrome in inhibin-deficient mice. ..
- Barton D, Yang Feng T, Mason A, Seeburg P, Francke U. Mapping of genes for inhibin subunits alpha, beta A, and beta B on human and mouse chromosomes and studies of jsd mice. Genomics. 1989;5:91-9 pubmed..The possibility that the mutation in jsd involves the INH alpha or INH beta B gene was investigated by Southern blotting of DNA from jsd/jsd mice, and no major deletions or rearrangements were detected. ..
- Malo D, Schurr E, Epstein D, Vekemans M, Skamene E, Gros P. The host resistance locus Bcg is tightly linked to a group of cytoskeleton-associated protein genes that include villin and desmin. Genomics. 1991;10:356-64 pubmed..strains to position four new marker genes, transition protein 1 (Tp-1), desmin (Des), the alpha subunit of inhibin (Inha), and retinal S-antigen (Sag), in the vicinity of the host resistance locus, Bcg...
- van den Eijnden van Raaij A, Feijen A, Lawson K, Mummery C. Differential expression of inhibin subunits and follistatin, but not of activin receptor type II, during early murine embryonic development. Dev Biol. 1992;154:356-65 pubmed
- Burns K, Owens G, Ogbonna S, Nilson J, Matzuk M. Expression profiling analyses of gonadotropin responses and tumor development in the absence of inhibins. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4492-507 pubmed..These 10 genes have expression patterns and postulated functions suggesting that they mediate important processes in the physiology and pathology of ovarian and adrenal tissue. ..
- Wu X, Chen L, Brown C, Yan C, Matzuk M. Interrelationship of growth differentiation factor 9 and inhibin in early folliculogenesis and ovarian tumorigenesis in mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1509-19 pubmed..Our findings on these Inha Gdf9 double-mutant mice are as follows: 1)...
- Christner P, Siracusa L, Hawkins D, McGrath R, Betz J, Ball S, et al. A high-resolution linkage map of the tight skin 2 (Tsk2) locus: a mouse model for scleroderma (SSc) and other cutaneous fibrotic diseases. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:610-2 pubmed
- O Shaughnessy P, Gray S. Gonadotropin-dependent and gonadotropin-independent development of inhibin subunit messenger ribonucleic acid levels in the mouse ovary. Endocrinology. 1995;136:2060-5 pubmed..The inhibin alpha-subunit, in contrast, is expressed at a high level during development independent of gonadotropin stimulation. ..
- Reid J, Nagaraja A, Lynn F, Drabek R, Muzny D, Shaw C, et al. Mouse let-7 miRNA populations exhibit RNA editing that is constrained in the 5'-seed/ cleavage/anchor regions and stabilize predicted mmu-let-7a:mRNA duplexes. Genome Res. 2008;18:1571-81 pubmed publisher..U-to-G results in a significant increase in stability of down-regulated let-7a targets in inhibin-deficient mice (Inha-/-). An excess of U-insertions (14.8%) over U-deletions (1...
- Itman C, Bielanowicz A, Goh H, Lee Q, Fulcher A, Moody S, et al. Murine Inhibin Î±-Subunit Haploinsufficiency Causes Transient Abnormalities in Prepubertal Testis Development Followed by Adult Testicular Decline. Endocrinology. 2015;156:2254-68 pubmed publisher..Inhibins are potent activin inhibitors; mice lacking the inhibin-Î± gene (Inha-/- mice) cannot make inhibin and consequently have highly elevated activin and FSH serum concentrations and ..
- Looyenga B, Hammer G. Origin and identity of adrenocortical tumors in inhibin knockout mice: implications for cellular plasticity in the adrenal cortex. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2848-63 pubmedInhibin knockout (Inha-/-) mice develop gonadal sex-cord tumors and--when gonadectomized--adrenocortical tumors...
- Perrien D, Akel N, Edwards P, Carver A, Bendre M, Swain F, et al. Inhibin A is an endocrine stimulator of bone mass and strength. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1654-65 pubmed..demonstration that inhibins acutely regulate bone cell differentiation in vitro led us to test whether inhibin A (InhA) regulates bone mass in vivo...
- Olguin Alor R, de la Fuente Granada M, Bonifaz L, Antonio Herrera L, Garcia Zepeda E, Soldevila G. A Key Role for Inhibins in Dendritic Cell Maturation and Function. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167813 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate for the first time that Inhibins play a key role in peripheral DC maturation and function, regulating the balance between immunity and tolerance. ..
- Freiman R, Albright S, Zheng S, Sha W, Hammer R, Tjian R. Requirement of tissue-selective TBP-associated factor TAFII105 in ovarian development. Science. 2001;293:2084-7 pubmed
- Gejman P, Weinstein L, Martinez M, Spiegel A, Cao Q, Hsieh W, et al. Genetic mapping of the Gs-alpha subunit gene (GNAS1) to the distal long arm of chromosome 20 using a polymorphism detected by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Genomics. 1991;9:782-3 pubmed
- Ritvos O, Tuuri T, Erämaa M, Sainio K, Hilden K, Saxen L, et al. Activin disrupts epithelial branching morphogenesis in developing glandular organs of the mouse. Mech Dev. 1995;50:229-45 pubmed..Our results are suggestive of a potential role for the activin-follistatin system as an intrinsic regulator of epithelial branching morphogenesis during mammalian organogenesis. ..
- Lu R, Matsuyama S, Nishihara M, Takahashi M. Developmental expression of activin/inhibin beta A, beta B, and alpha subunits, and activin receptor-IIB genes in preimplantation mouse embryos. Biol Reprod. 1993;49:1163-9 pubmed..These results suggest that activin is physiologically involved in the process of early development of mouse embryos. ..
- Lafuse W, Zwilling B. Localization of the inhibin beta B gene on mouse chromosome 1. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:399-400 pubmed
- Jenkin G, McFarlane J, de Kretser D. Implication of inhibin and related proteins in fetal development. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1995;7:323-31 pubmed
- Shelling A, Burton K, Chand A, Van Ee C, France J, Farquhar C, et al. Inhibin: a candidate gene for premature ovarian failure. Hum Reprod. 2000;15:2644-9 pubmed..7%) (Fisher's exact test, P < 0.035). Further analysis of the inhibin gene in POF patients and matched controls will determine its role in the aetiology of POF. ..
- Epstein D, Malo D, Vekemans M, Gros P. Molecular characterization of a deletion encompassing the splotch mutation on mouse chromosome 1. Genomics. 1991;10:89-93 pubmed..Among nine markers tested in the heterozygote Spr/+mouse, we have identified four genes, Vil, Des, Inha, and Akp-3, which map within the Spr deletion...
- Traut W, Seldin M, Winking H. Genetic mapping and assignment of a long-range repeat cluster to band D of chromosome 1 in Mus musculus and M. spretus. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1992;60:128-30 pubmed..3 +/- 2.1 cM distal to the Inha locus and the same distance proximal to the Bcl-2 locus...
- Rahman N, Kiiveri S, Rivero Muller A, Levallet J, Vierre S, Kero J, et al. Adrenocortical tumorigenesis in transgenic mice expressing the inhibin alpha-subunit promoter/simian virus 40 T-antigen transgene: relationship between ectopic expression of luteinizing hormone receptor and transcription factor GATA-4. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2553-69 pubmed..There is apparently a positive and reciprocal feed-forward amplification link between LHR and GATA-4 expression. This mechanism gradually and in synergy with Tag expression leads to formation of the LH-dependent adrenocortical tumors. ..
- Nalam R, Andreu Vieyra C, Matzuk M. Absence of inhibin alpha and retinoblastoma protein leads to early sertoli cell dysfunction. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11797 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that RB is an important mediator of Sertoli cell tumorigenesis in inhibin alpha knockout (Inha KO) mice...
- Malo D, Vidal S, Hu J, Skamene E, Gros P. High-resolution linkage map in the vicinity of the host resistance locus Bcg. Genomics. 1993;16:655-63 pubmed..have developed eight new highly polymorphic markers (simple sequence repeats) corresponding to cloned genes (Vil, Inha, Des), microdissected chromosome 1 anonymous probes (lambda Mm1C136, lambda Mm1C163, lambda Mm1C165), or novel DNA ..
- Schmidt D, Ovitt C, Anlag K, Fehsenfeld S, Gredsted L, Treier A, et al. The murine winged-helix transcription factor Foxl2 is required for granulosa cell differentiation and ovary maintenance. Development. 2004;131:933-42 pubmed..In addition to providing a molecular mechanism for premature ovarian failure in BPES, these results suggest that granulosa cell function is not only crucial for oocyte growth but also to maintain follicular quiescence in vivo. ..
- Myers M, Mansouri Attia N, James R, Peng J, Pangas S. GDF9 modulates the reproductive and tumor phenotype of female inha-null mice. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:86 pubmed publisher..In the absence of inhibin in prepubertal mice (Inha(-/-)), there are marked alterations in preantral follicle growth, but no evidence of ovarian tumors characteristic ..
- Natale D, Hemberger M, Hughes M, Cross J. Activin promotes differentiation of cultured mouse trophoblast stem cells towards a labyrinth cell fate. Dev Biol. 2009;335:120-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Activin rather than TGF-beta (or Nodal) acts directly on TS cells influencing both TS cell maintenance and cell fate, depending on whether the cells are also exposed to FGF4. ..
- Brunner R, Goldammer T, Hiendleder S, Jager C, Schwerin M. Mapping of the gene encoding for inhibin-beta A (INHBA) to chromosome 4q26 in sheep. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:308-9 pubmed
- Rajanahally S, Agno J, Nalam R, WEINSTEIN M, Loveland K, Matzuk M, et al. Genetic evidence that SMAD2 is not required for gonadal tumor development in inhibin-deficient mice. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2010;8:69 pubmed publisher..SMAD2 is not required for mediating tumorigenic signals of activin in ovarian tumor development caused by loss of inhibin. ..
- Beuschlein F, Looyenga B, Bleasdale S, Mutch C, Bavers D, Parlow A, et al. Activin induces x-zone apoptosis that inhibits luteinizing hormone-dependent adrenocortical tumor formation in inhibin-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3951-64 pubmed
- Jones R, Kaitu u Lino T, Nie G, Sanchez Partida L, Findlay J, Salamonsen L. Complex expression patterns support potential roles for maternally derived activins in the establishment of pregnancy in mouse. Reproduction. 2006;132:799-810 pubmed..These data are consistent with a role for maternally derived activins in the support of the pre-implantation embryo, and during gastrulation and embryogenesis. ..
- Han L, Wu C, Riaz H, Bai L, Chen J, Zhen Y, et al. Characterization of the mechanism of inhibin ?-subunit gene in mouse anterior pituitary cells by RNA interference. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74596 pubmed publisher..In this study, Inhibin ?-subunit [Inha] gene was knocked down successfully in mice primary anterior pituitary cells at both transcriptional and ..
- Mason A, Niall H, Seeburg P. Structure of two human ovarian inhibins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1986;135:957-64 pubmed
- Mamin A, Philippe J. Activin A decreases glucagon and arx gene expression in alpha-cell lines. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:259-73 pubmed..We conclude that Activin A has opposite effects on alpha-cells compared with beta-cells, a finding that may have relevance during pancreatic endocrine lineage specification and physiological function of the adult islets. ..
- Wang Y, Bilandzic M, Ooi G, Findlay J, Stenvers K. Endogenous inhibins regulate steroidogenesis in mouse TM3 Leydig cells by altering SMAD2 signalling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;436:68-77 pubmed publisher..The expression of Inha, Inhba, and Inhbb in TM3 cells was determined by RT-PCR and the production of the inhibin-alpha subunit was ..
- Vidal S, Epstein D, Malo D, Weith A, Vekemans M, Gros P. Identification and mapping of six microdissected genomic DNA probes to the proximal region of mouse chromosome 1. Genomics. 1992;14:32-7 pubmed..1 cM-Col3a1-8.8 cM-Len-2-2.6 cM-lambda Mm1C-163-1.6 cM-Fn-1-1.6 cM-Tp-1-0.8 cM-lambda Mm1C-165/Vil-0.4 cM-Inha-2.8 cM-lambda Mm1C-153-2.4 cM-lambda Mm1C-156-1.2 cM-Pax-3-5.6 cM-Akp-3-0.8 cM-Acrg-2.0 cM-Sag-0.5 cM-Col6a3-1...
- Howard T, Rochelle J, Seldin M. Cd28 and Ctla-4, two related members of the Ig supergene family, are tightly linked on proximal mouse chromosome 1. Immunogenetics. 1991;33:74-6 pubmed
- Weck J, Mayo K. Switching of NR5A proteins associated with the inhibin alpha-subunit gene promoter after activation of the gene in granulosa cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1090-103 pubmed
- Burkart A, Mukherjee A, Mayo K. Mechanism of repression of the inhibin alpha-subunit gene by inducible 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate early repressor. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:584-97 pubmed..Thus, there is a temporal association of transcription factors bound to the inhibin alpha-CRE controlling inhibin alpha-subunit gene expression. ..
- Escalona R, Stenvers K, Farnworth P, Findlay J, Ooi G. Reducing betaglycan expression by RNA interference (RNAi) attenuates inhibin bioactivity in LbetaT2 gonadotropes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;307:149-56 pubmed publisher..045, respectively) in cells co-transfected with betaglycan siRNAs. These results demonstrated that endocrine effects of inhibin as a negative feedback controller of FSH production in gonadotropes are dependent on betaglycan expression. ..
- Albano R, Arkell R, Beddington R, Smith J. Expression of inhibin subunits and follistatin during postimplantation mouse development: decidual expression of activin and expression of follistatin in primitive streak, somites and hindbrain. Development. 1994;120:803-13 pubmed..Follistatin is a single-chain polypeptide which inhibits activin function. Expression of the inhibin alpha chain could not be detected in embryonic or extraembryonic tissues at any of the stages studied (5.5 to 8...
- Brunner R, Goldammer T, Hiendleder S, Jager C, Schwerin M. Comparative mapping of the gene coding for inhibin-alpha (INHA) to chromosome 2 in sheep and cattle. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:309 pubmed
- Vesper A, Raetzman L, Camper S. Role of prophet of Pit1 (PROP1) in gonadotrope differentiation and puberty. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1654-63 pubmed..We hypothesize that variation in PROP1 expression could affect the growth spurt and the onset of puberty in humans...
- Becker K, Canning R, Nagle J, Dehejia A, Polymeropoulos M, Lee I, et al. Molecular cloning and mapping of a novel developmentally regulated human C2H2-type zinc finger. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:287-9 pubmed