Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ina
Description: internexin neuronal intermediate filament protein, alpha
Alias: AV028420, NF-66, NF66, alpha-internexin, 66 kDa neurofilament protein, alpha-Inx, neurofilament-66
- Faussone Pellegrini M, Matini P, DeFelici M. The cytoskeleton of the myenteric neurons during murine embryonic life. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1999;199:459-69 pubmed
- Chan S, Chiu F. The 66-kDa neurofilament protein (NF-66): sequence analysis and evolution. Neurochem Res. 1996;21:449-55 pubmed..Zooblot analyses suggested that the putative ancestral gene for vimentin and NF-66 was detectable in the avian. By comparison, the ancestral sequence for GFAP appeared after that for vimentin. ..
- Levavasseur F, Zhu Q, Julien J. No requirement of alpha-internexin for nervous system development and for radial growth of axons. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;69:104-12 pubmed..Ours results do not support the hypothesis of a role for type IV intermediate filaments in axonal outgrowth during development of nervous system. ..
- Mu X, Fu X, Sun H, Liang S, Maeda H, Frishman L, et al. Ganglion cells are required for normal progenitor- cell proliferation but not cell-fate determination or patterning in the developing mouse retina. Curr Biol. 2005;15:525-30 pubmed..Intrinsic rather than extrinsic factors are likely to play the critical roles in determining retinal cell fate. ..
- Yuan A, Rao M, Sasaki T, Chen Y, Kumar A, Veeranna -, et al. Alpha-internexin is structurally and functionally associated with the neurofilament triplet proteins in the mature CNS. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10006-19 pubmed
- Mu X, Fu X, Beremand P, Thomas T, Klein W. Gene regulation logic in retinal ganglion cell development: Isl1 defines a critical branch distinct from but overlapping with Pou4f2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6942-7 pubmed publisher..They also reveal that identical RGC expression patterns are achieved by different combinations of divergent inputs from upstream transcription factors. ..
- Tseng K, Chau Y, Yang M, Lu K, Chien C. Abnormal cellular translocation of alpha-internexin in spinal motor neurons of Dystonia musculorum mice. J Comp Neurol. 2008;507:1053-64 pubmed
- Ching G, Liem R. RE1 silencing transcription factor is involved in regulating neuron-specific expression of alpha-internexin and neurofilament genes. J Neurochem. 2009;109:1610-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, REST regulates expression of these neuronal genes, partly by a HDAC-dependent epigenetic mechanism. ..
- Wang P, Wang S, Hsieh C, Chien C. Neural expression of alpha-internexin promoter in vitro and in vivo. J Cell Biochem. 2006;97:275-87 pubmed..Therefore, the cre transgene driven by mouse alpha-internexin promoter, described here, provides a useful animal model to specifically manipulate genes in the developing nervous system. ..
- Kajimura D, Dragomir C, Ramirez F, Laub F. Identification of genes regulated by transcription factor KLF7 in differentiating olfactory sensory neurons. Gene. 2007;388:34-42 pubmed..Collectively, these results advance knowledge of transcriptional regulation of olfactory neurogenesis and KLF7 action. ..
- Molliver D, Wright D, Leitner M, Parsadanian A, Doster K, Wen D, et al. IB4-binding DRG neurons switch from NGF to GDNF dependence in early postnatal life. Neuron. 1997;19:849-61 pubmed..Together, our findings suggest that IB4-binding neurons switch from dependence on NGF in embryonic life to dependence on GDNF in postnatal life and are likely regulated by GDNF in maturity. ..
- Chien C, Liem R. The neuronal intermediate filament, alpha-internexin is transiently expressed in amacrine cells in the developing mouse retina. Exp Eye Res. 1995;61:749-56 pubmed..The transient presence of alpha-internexin in amacrine cells only in early development suggests that the protein may play a role in the plasticity of neuronal connections in the retina. ..
- Chien C, Mason C, Liem R. alpha-Internexin is the only neuronal intermediate filament expressed in developing cerebellar granule neurons. J Neurobiol. 1996;29:304-18 pubmed..Furthermore, alpha-internexin may play a key role in neurite outgrowth and the establishment of neuronal cytoarchitecture. ..