Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Immp2l
Description: IMP2 inner mitochondrial membrane peptidase-like (S. cerevisiae)
Alias: AI853880, IMP2, Tg(HLA-A/H2-D)2Enge, mitochondrial inner membrane protease subunit 2, AAD mice, IMP2-like protein
- Soler R, Fullhase C, Lu B, Bishop C, Andersson K. Bladder dysfunction in a new mutant mouse model with increased superoxide--lack of nitric oxide?. J Urol. 2010;183:780-5 pubmed publisher..Mice with mutation in the Immp2l gene have high superoxide ion levels and a consequent decrease in the bioavailable amount of nitric oxide...
- Han C, Zhao Q, Lu B. The role of nitric oxide signaling in food intake; insights from the inner mitochondrial membrane peptidase 2 mutant mice. Redox Biol. 2013;1:498-507 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that Immp2l mutation in mice causes excessive mitochondrial superoxide generation, which causes infertility and early signs of ..
- Tewalt E, Cohen J, Rouhani S, Guidi C, Qiao H, Fahl S, et al. Lymphatic endothelial cells induce tolerance via PD-L1 and lack of costimulation leading to high-level PD-1 expression on CD8 T cells. Blood. 2012;120:4772-82 pubmed publisher..Because LECs express numerous peripheral tissue antigens, lack of costimulation coupled to rapid high-level up-regulation of inhibitory receptors may be generally important in systemic peripheral tolerance. ..
- Nichols L, Chen Y, Colella T, Bennett C, Clausen B, Engelhard V. Deletional self-tolerance to a melanocyte/melanoma antigen derived from tyrosinase is mediated by a radio-resistant cell in peripheral and mesenteric lymph nodes. J Immunol. 2007;179:993-1003 pubmed..This suggests that direct presentation of tyrosinase by radio-resistant lymph node resident cells is entirely responsible for tolerance to this endogenous melanocyte differentiation Ag. ..
- Liu C, Li X, Lu B. The Immp2l mutation causes age-dependent degeneration of cerebellar granule neurons prevented by antioxidant treatment. Aging Cell. 2016;15:167-76 pubmed publisher..We recently showed that mice with a mutation in the Inner Mitochondrial Membrane Peptidase 2-like (Immp2l) gene had elevated levels of mitochondrial superoxide, impaired fertility and age-associated phenotypes, including ..
- Madsen C, Petersen C, Lavrsen K, Harndahl M, Buus S, Clausen H, et al. Cancer associated aberrant protein O-glycosylation can modify antigen processing and immune response. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50139 pubmed publisher..GalNAc glycosylation of MUC1 antigen therefore facilitates uptake, MHC class II presentation, and antibody response but might block the antigen presentation to CD8+ T cells. ..
- Toh B, Wang X, Keeble J, Sim W, Khoo K, Wong W, et al. Mesenchymal transition and dissemination of cancer cells is driven by myeloid-derived suppressor cells infiltrating the primary tumor. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001162 pubmed publisher..These findings explain how cancer cells acquire a motile phenotype so early and provide a mechanistic explanation for the long recognized link between inflammation and cancer progression. ..
- Brinkman C, Rouhani S, Srinivasan N, Engelhard V. Peripheral tissue homing receptors enable T cell entry into lymph nodes and affect the anatomical distribution of memory cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:2412-25 pubmed publisher..These novel cells share properties of both central and effector memory cells and reside in LN based on previously undescribed mechanisms of entry. ..
- Hong M, Puaux A, Huang C, Loumagne L, Tow C, MacKay C, et al. Chemotherapy induces intratumoral expression of chemokines in cutaneous melanoma, favoring T-cell infiltration and tumor control. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6997-7009 pubmed publisher..Therefore, identifying chemotherapeutic drugs able to induce the expression of T-cell-attracting chemokines in cancer cells may represent a novel strategy to improve the efficacy of cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Rosendahl Huber S, Luimstra J, van Beek J, Hoppes R, Jacobi R, Hendriks M, et al. Chemical Modification of Influenza CD8+ T-Cell Epitopes Enhances Their Immunogenicity Regardless of Immunodominance. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156462 pubmed publisher..Thus, enhancing binding affinity of peptides provides a valuable tool to improve the immunogenicity and range of preventive T cell-targeted peptide vaccines. ..
- Gregg R, Nichols L, Chen Y, Lu B, Engelhard V. Mechanisms of spatial and temporal development of autoimmune vitiligo in tyrosinase-specific TCR transgenic mice. J Immunol. 2010;184:1909-17 pubmed publisher..Genetic ablation of CXCR3 or IFN-gamma also resulted in scarce CD8 T cell infiltration into the skin. Our results identify unexpected complexity in vitiligo development and point toward possible therapeutic interventions. ..
- Qian J, Dong Y, Pang Y, Ibrahim R, Berzofsky J, Schiller J, et al. Combined prophylactic and therapeutic cancer vaccine: enhancing CTL responses to HPV16 E2 using a chimeric VLP in HLA-A2 mice. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:3022-9 pubmed
- Fujii Y, Kishi Y, Gotoh Y. IMP2 regulates differentiation potentials of mouse neocortical neural precursor cells. Genes Cells. 2013;18:79-89 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that HMGA2 promotes the expression of insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA-binding protein 2 (IMP2, Igf2bp2) in neocortical NPCs...
- Ma Y, Mehta S, Lu B, Li P. Deficiency in the inner mitochondrial membrane peptidase 2-like (Immp21) gene increases ischemic brain damage and impairs mitochondrial function. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;44:270-6 pubmed publisherMitochondrial dysfunction plays an important role in mediating ischemic brain damage. Immp2l is an inner mitochondrial membrane peptidase that processes mitochondrial protein cytochrome c1 (Cyc1)...
- Cohen J, Tewalt E, Rouhani S, Buonomo E, Bruce A, Xu X, et al. Tolerogenic properties of lymphatic endothelial cells are controlled by the lymph node microenvironment. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87740 pubmed publisher..This work uncovers a critical role for the lymph node microenvironment in endowing lymphatic endothelial cells with potent tolerogenic properties. ..
- Bharadwaj M, Zhou Y, Molina A, Criswell T, Lu B. Examination of bioenergetic function in the inner mitochondrial membrane peptidase 2-like (Immp2l) mutant mice. Redox Biol. 2014;2:1008-15 pubmed publisherInner mitochondrial membrane peptidase 2-like (IMMP2L) protein is a mitochondrial inner membrane peptidase that cleaves the signal peptide sequences of cytochrome c1 (CYC1) and mitochondrial glycerol phosphate dehydrogenase (GPD2)...