Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il7r
Description: interleukin 7 receptor
Alias: CD127, IL-7Ralpha, IL-7 receptor alpha chain, IL-7 receptor subunit alpha, IL-7R subunit alpha, IL-7R-alpha, IL-7RA, interleukin 7 receptor alpha chain, interleukin-7 receptor subunit alpha
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Functional natural killer T cells in experimental mouse strains, including NK1.1- strainsI Serizawa
Division of Laboratory Animal Science, Nippon Veterinary and Animal Science University, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Anim 49:171-80. 2000..This is the first report to show the functional significance of NKT cells in cytokine secretion in various mouse strains in response to a ligand for the T cell receptor of NKT cells...
- Innate production of T(H)2 cytokines by adipose tissue-associated c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) lymphoid cellsKazuyo Moro
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nature 463:540-4. 2010..These cells do not express lineage (Lin) markers but do express c-Kit, Sca-1 (also known as Ly6a), IL7R and IL33R...
- Inflammasome activators induce interleukin-1α secretion via distinct pathways with differential requirement for the protease function of caspase-1Olaf Gross
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Immunity 36:388-400. 2012..Because inflammasomes contribute to the pathology of numerous chronic inflammatory diseases such as gout and diabetes, IL-1α antagonists may be beneficial in the treatment of these disorders...
- Early lymphocyte expansion is severely impaired in interleukin 7 receptor-deficient miceJ J Peschon
Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101
J Exp Med 180:1955-60. 1994..Significantly, these studies indicate that the phase of thymocyte expansion occurring before the onset of T cell receptor gene rearrangement is critically dependent upon, and mediated by the high affinity receptor for IL-7...
- An essential function for the nuclear receptor RORgamma(t) in the generation of fetal lymphoid tissue inducer cellsGerard Eberl
Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Nat Immunol 5:64-73. 2004..This early LTi cell-mediated activation of lymph node and Peyer's patch mesenchyma forms the necessary platform for the subsequent development of mature lymphoid tissues...
- Regulated expression of nuclear receptor RORγt confers distinct functional fates to NK cell receptor-expressing RORγt(+) innate lymphocytesCedric Vonarbourg
IMMH, Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Immunity 33:736-51. 2010..Our data also define a previously unappreciated role of RORγt⁻ NKR-LTi cells for the onset or maintenance of inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Overlapping roles of CXCL13, interleukin 7 receptor alpha, and CCR7 ligands in lymph node developmentSanjiv A Luther
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Exp Med 197:1191-8. 2003..These findings indicate that CXCL13 and CCR7 ligands promote accumulation of CD4+ CD3- IL-7R alpha hi cells, delivering IL-7R alpha-dependent LT alpha 1 beta 2 signals critical for LN development...
- Identification of multiple isolated lymphoid follicles on the antimesenteric wall of the mouse small intestineHiromasa Hamada
Department of Microbiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Immunol 168:57-64. 2002..These findings indicate that ILF, PP, and CP constitute three distinct organized gut-associated lymphoid tissues that reside in the lamina propria of the mouse small intestine...
- Interleukin-7 mediates the homeostasis of naïve and memory CD8 T cells in vivoK S Schluns
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Nat Immunol 1:426-32. 2000..Homeostatic proliferation of memory cells was also partially dependent on IL-7. These results point to IL-7 as a pivotal cytokine in T cell homeostasis...
- Molecular basis for hematopoietic/mesenchymal interaction during initiation of Peyer's patch organogenesisK Honda
Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Syogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Exp Med 193:621-30. 2001..Thus, promotion of PP development relies on mutual interaction between mesenchymal and lymphoid cells...
- TCR and IL-7 receptor signals can operate independently or synergize to promote lymphopenia-induced expansion of naive T cellsBenedict Seddon
Division of Molecular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 169:3752-9. 2002..Finally, we show that only lck and not fyn can mediate the TCR-driven proliferation, while neither lck nor fyn is required for IL-7R-induced proliferation...
- Interleukin 7 receptor-deficient mice lack gammadelta T cellsK Maki
Department of Disease Related Gene Regulation Research Sandoz Faculty of Medicine, The Univerisity of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:7172-7. 1996..On the contrary, it is suggested that NK-cell development requires cytokine(s) other than IL-7...
- Failure of B-cell differentiation in mice lacking the transcription factor EBFH Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Nature 376:263-7. 1995....
- IL-7 receptor alpha+ CD3(-) cells in the embryonic intestine induces the organizing center of Peyer's patchesH Yoshida
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Syogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyoku, Kyoto 606 850, Japan
Int Immunol 11:643-55. 1999..Intestinal IL-7Ralpha+ cells are lymphoid in morphology but CD3(-) and functional in both nu/nu and Rag2-/- mice. These results implicate IL-7Ralpha+ CD3(-) cells as the direct inducer of the organizing center of PP...
- LTbetaR signaling induces cytokine expression and up-regulates lymphangiogenic factors in lymph node anlagenMark F Vondenhoff
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 182:5439-45. 2009..Furthermore, the same signals may regulate lymphangiogenesis to the lymph node through induction of VEGF-C...
- Essential role of IL-7 receptor alpha in the formation of Peyer's patch anlageS Adachi
Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Int Immunol 10:1-6. 1998..These results indicate that IL-7Ralpha is an essential signal for an early step of PP anlage formation, without which the subsequent processes cannot be initiated...
- Increased CD127 expression on activated FOXP3+CD4+ regulatory T cellsFederico Simonetta
INSERM, U1012, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Immunol 40:2528-38. 2010..In addition, Treg are also characterized by low CD127 (IL-7R alpha) expression when compared to conventional T cells and their biology in the periphery is considered ..
- Mucosal T cells expressing high levels of IL-7 receptor are potential targets for treatment of chronic colitisMotomi Yamazaki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 171:1556-63. 2003....
- IL-7 receptor signals inhibit expression of transcription factors TCF-1, LEF-1, and RORgammat: impact on thymocyte developmentQing Yu
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Rm 4B36, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 200:797-803. 2004..We conclude that IL-7R signals down-regulate transcription factors required for the ISP to DP transition and so must be terminated by the ISP stage of thymocyte development...
- Discontinued postnatal thymocyte development in sphingosine 1-phosphate-lyase-deficient miceClaudia Weber
Institute for Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Hanover 30625, Germany
J Immunol 183:4292-301. 2009..Our findings indicate that potentially therapeutic immunosuppression by SGPL1 inhibition should benefit from monitoring ceramides to prevent their increase to apoptosis- inducing levels...
- The earliest T lineage-committed cells depend on IL-7 for Bcl-2 expression and normal cell cycle progressionU von Freeden-Jeffry
Department of Immunobiology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Immunity 7:147-54. 1997..These data specify a T cell lineage developmental transition point, prior to T cell antigen receptor rearrangement, where IL-7 signal transduction is linked to an anti-apoptosis mechanism and the cell cycle...
- Foxo1 links homing and survival of naive T cells by regulating L-selectin, CCR7 and interleukin 7 receptorYann M Kerdiles
Molecular Biology Section, Division of Biological Sciences, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0377, USA
Nat Immunol 10:176-84. 2009..severe defect in interleukin 7 receptor alpha-chain (IL-7Ralpha) expression associated with its ability to bind an Il7r enhancer. Finally, growth factor withdrawal induced a Foxo1-dependent increase in Sell, Klf2 and Il7r expression...
- Impaired CD8 T cell memory and CD4 T cell primary responses in IL-7R alpha mutant miceLisa C Osborne
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
J Exp Med 204:619-31. 2007Loss of interleukin (IL)-7 or the IL-7 receptor alpha (IL-7Ralpha, CD127) results in severe immunodeficiencies in mice and humans...
- IL-7 receptor and VDJ recombination: trophic versus mechanistic actionsS Candeias
SAIC, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, National Cancer Institute, Maryland 21702, USA
Immunity 6:501-8. 1997
- Interleukin-7 receptor alpha is essential for the development of gamma delta + T cells, but not natural killer cellsY W He
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
J Exp Med 184:289-93. 1996..Thus, IL-7R alpha function is required for the development of gamma delta + T cells but not natural killer cells...
- Distinct regions of the interleukin-7 receptor regulate different Bcl2 family membersQiong Jiang
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6501-13. 2004..Thus the IL-7 receptor controls at least two distinct pathways, in addition to Stat5, that are required for cell survival...
- Anti-IL-7 receptor-α reverses established type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice by modulating effector T-cell functionLi Fen Lee
Rinat, Pfizer Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12674-9. 2012..The durable efficacy and the multipronged tolerogenic mechanisms of IL-7Rα antibody therapy suggest a unique disease-modifying approach to T1D...
- CD45 regulates migration, proliferation, and progression of double negative 1 thymocytesJacqueline C Y Lai
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Immunol 185:2059-70. 2010..CD45(-/-) CD117(-) DN1 cells were also deficient in TCRbeta expression. Thus, CD45 deficiency affects the development and progression of DN1 thymocytes...
- Suppression of IL7Ralpha transcription by IL-7 and other prosurvival cytokines: a novel mechanism for maximizing IL-7-dependent T cell survivalJung Hyun Park
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Building 10 Room 4B36, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Immunity 21:289-302. 2004..Consequently, IL7R expression is reduced on T cells that have received cytokine-mediated survival signals so they do not compete with ..
- Bcl-2 rescues T lymphopoiesis in interleukin-7 receptor-deficient miceK Akashi
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Cell 89:1033-41. 1997..We propose cell survival signals to be the principal function of IL-7R engagement in thymic and T cell development...
- IL-2, -7, and -15, but not thymic stromal lymphopoeitin, redundantly govern CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cell developmentKieng B Vang
Center for Immunology and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 181:3285-90. 2008....
- Critical role of FLT3 ligand in IL-7 receptor independent T lymphopoiesis and regulation of lymphoid-primed multipotent progenitorsEwa Sitnicka
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Strategic Research Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Blood 110:2955-64. 2007....
- STAT5 activation underlies IL7 receptor-dependent B cell developmentChristine A Goetz
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Center for Immunology, Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 172:4770-8. 2004Signals initiated by the IL7R are required for B cell development. However, the roles that distinct IL7R-induced signaling pathways play in this process remains unclear...
- The V-J recombination of T cell receptor-gamma genes is blocked in interleukin-7 receptor-deficient miceK Maki
Department of Disease Related Gene Regulation Research Sandoz, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Exp Med 184:2423-7. 1996..These data demonstrated that the V-J recombination of the TCR gamma genes is specifically blocked in the IL-7R-deficient mice and suggested the presence of highly specific regulation for TCR gamma gene rearrangement...
- Development of regulatory T cells requires IL-7Ralpha stimulation by IL-7 or TSLPRenata Mazzucchelli
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammation Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health NIH, Frederick, MD, USA
Blood 112:3283-92. 2008....
- Formation of IL-7Ralphahigh and IL-7Ralphalow CD8 T cells during infection is regulated by the opposing functions of GABPalpha and Gfi-1Anmol Chandele
Department of Immunobiology, Yale Medical School, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Immunol 180:5309-19. 2008....
- Interleukin 7 receptor control of T cell receptor gamma gene rearrangement: role of receptor-associated chains and locus accessibilityS K Durum
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Exp Med 188:2233-41. 1998..This data supports the model that IL-7R promotes TCR-gamma gene rearrangement by regulating accessibility of the locus via demethylation and histone acetylation of the locus...
- FLT3 ligand and not TSLP is the key regulator of IL-7-independent B-1 and B-2 B lymphopoiesisChristina T Jensen
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Strategic Research Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Blood 112:2297-304. 2008..Thus, the same IL-7- and FLT3 ligand-mediated signal-ing regulates alternative pathways of fetal and adult B-1 and B-2 lymphopoiesis...
- Separation of splenic red and white pulp occurs before birth in a LTalphabeta-independent mannerMark F R Vondenhoff
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Leukoc Biol 84:152-61. 2008..The postnatal development of the splenic white pulp, involving the influx of T cells, depends on LTalpha1beta2 expressed by B cells...
- A function for IL-7R for CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T regulatory cellsAllison L Bayer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Diabetes Research Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 181:225-34. 2008..Collectively, these data indicate that IL-7R signaling contributes to Treg cell development and peripheral homeostasis...
- Autoimmune arthritis associated with mutated interleukin (IL)-6 receptor gp130 is driven by STAT3/IL-7-dependent homeostatic proliferation of CD4+ T cellsShin ichiro Sawa
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Graduate School of Frontier Bioscience and Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Exp Med 203:1459-70. 2006....
- Regulation of T cell-dendritic cell interactions by IL-7 governs T-cell activation and homeostasisManoj Saini
Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, Division of Immunity and Infection, Birmingham University, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Blood 113:5793-800. 2009..Thus, we demonstrate a novel role for IL-7 in regulating T cell-dendritic cell interactions that is essential for both T-cell homeostasis and activation in vivo...
- Complementary signaling through flt3 and interleukin-7 receptor alpha is indispensable for fetal and adult B cell genesisEwa Sitnicka
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Strategic Research Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University Hospital, BMC 10, Klinikgatan 26, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Exp Med 198:1495-506. 2003..Thus, signaling through the cytokine tyrosine kinase receptor flt3 and IL-7Ralpha are indispensable for fetal and adult B cell development...
- Impaired survival and proliferation in IL-7 receptor-deficient peripheral T cellsE Maraskovsky
Department of Cellular Immunology, Immunex Corporation, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Immunol 157:5315-23. 1996..We propose that an absence of IL-7R signaling not only affects T cell development in the thymus, but also results in the accumulation of functionally inactive T cells in the periphery...
- Regulation of thymus size by competition for stromal niches among early T cell progenitorsSusan E Prockop
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 173:1604-11. 2004..Together with asymmetric use of marrow-derived progenitors to reconstitute the intrathymic pool, these processes facilitate continuous generation of new T cells while maintaining a relatively stable organ size...
- Transient IL-7/IL-7R signaling provides a mechanism for feedback inhibition of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangementsDipanjan Chowdhury
Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Immunity 18:229-41. 2003..Thus, transient signals mediate V(H) gene activation and inactivation during development...
- The earliest step in B lineage differentiation from common lymphoid progenitors is critically dependent upon interleukin 7Juli P Miller
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Exp Med 196:705-11. 2002..These findings challenge previous notions regarding the point in B cell development affected by the loss of IL-7R signaling and suggest that IL-7 plays a key and requisite role during the earliest phases of B cell development...
- Selective thymus settling regulated by cytokine and chemokine receptorsBenjamin A Schwarz
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 178:2008-17. 2007..We conclude that fms-like tyrosine kinase receptor-3 signaling is required for the generation of T lineage-competent progenitors, which selectively express molecules, including CCR9, that allow them to settle within the thymus...
- Impaired immunoglobulin gene rearrangement in mice lacking the IL-7 receptorA E Corcoran
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nature 391:904-7. 1998..This mechanism augments the recombinational diversity of the primary antibody repertoire...
- A thymic pathway of mouse natural killer cell development characterized by expression of GATA-3 and CD127Christian A J Vosshenrich
Unité des Cytokines et Développement Lymphoide, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U668, Institut Pasteur, Paris F 75724, France
Nat Immunol 7:1217-24. 2006..Here we identify the transcription factor GATA-3 and CD127 (IL-7R alpha) as molecular markers of a pathway of mouse NK cell development that originates in the thymus...
- Stat5a/b are essential for normal lymphoid development and differentiationZhengju Yao
Molecular Immunology and Inflammation Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1000-5. 2006..Thus, deficiency of Stat5 results in severe combined immunodeficiency, similar in many respects to deficiency of IL-7R, gammac, and Jak3...
- The common cytokine receptor gamma chain and the pre-T cell receptor provide independent but critically overlapping signals in early alpha/beta T cell developmentJ P Di Santo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U429, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, F 75743 Paris, France
J Exp Med 189:563-74. 1999..Thus, a series of overlapping signals derived from cytokine and T cell receptors guide the process of alpha/beta thymocyte development...
- Thymic stromal-derived lymphopoietin distinguishes fetal from adult B cell developmentChristian A J Vosshenrich
Unité des Cytokines et Développement Lymphoide, INSERM Equipe, 101 Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris, France
Nat Immunol 4:773-9. 2003..The residual B cells found in IL-7R alpha-deficient mice required fetal liver kinase 2 (Flk-2) for their development. Thus, IL-7R alpha- and Flk-2-mediated signals account for the generation of almost all mouse B lymphocytes...
- PU.1 regulates expression of the interleukin-7 receptor in lymphoid progenitorsRodney P DeKoter
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC1028, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Immunity 16:297-309. 2002..1 in early B cell development, it is not required. These results demonstrate that PU.1 functions to regulate early B cell development in part by controlling the expression of the IL-7Ralpha gene...
- Interleukin-7 induces the association of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase with the alpha chain of the interleukin-7 receptorA R Venkitaraman
Medical Research Council, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, GB
Eur J Immunol 24:2168-74. 1994..PtdIns 3-kinase may, therefore, play a unique and important role in the biological response to IL-7...
- Spontaneous and homeostatic proliferation of CD4 T cells are regulated by different mechanismsBooki Min
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 174:6039-44. 2005..Our results reveal the complexity and heterogeneity of lymphopenia-driven T cell proliferation and suggest that they may have fundamentally distinct roles in the maintenance of CD4 T cell homeostasis...
- Cell-fate decisions in early T cell development: regulation by cytokine receptors and the pre-TCRM C Haks
Division of Immunology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam, CX, 1066, The Netherlands
Semin Immunol 11:23-37. 1999....
- In vitro evidence that cytokine receptor signals are required for differentiation of double positive thymocytes into functionally mature CD8+ T cellsQing Yu
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 197:475-87. 2003..Thus, cytokine receptors provide both survival and trophic/differentiative signals with varying degrees of redundancy that are required for differentiation of signaled DP thymocytes into functionally mature CD8(+) T cells...
- Initiation of NALT organogenesis is independent of the IL-7R, LTbetaR, and NIK signaling pathways but requires the Id2 gene and CD3(-)CD4(+)CD45(+) cellsSatoshi Fukuyama
Department of Mucosal Immunology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Immunity 17:31-40. 2002....
- Multiple gamma c-dependent cytokines regulate T-cell developmentT R Malek
Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
Immunol Today 20:71-6. 1999..Here, Thomas Malek and colleagues discuss the contribution of individual gamma c-dependent cytokines in both conventional and intraepithelial T-cell development...
- Bcl-2 can rescue T lymphocyte development in interleukin-7 receptor-deficient mice but not in mutant rag-1-/- miceE Maraskovsky
Department of Cellular Immunology, Immunex Research and Development Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Cell 89:1011-9. 1997..These results provide evidence that blocking apoptosis is the essential function of IL-7R during differentiation and activation of T lymphocytes and that pre-TCR signaling blocks a pathway to apoptosis that is insensitive to Bcl-2...
- A transgenic T cell receptor restores thymocyte differentiation in interleukin-7 receptor alpha chain-deficient miceT Crompton
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 27:100-4. 1997..In contrast, once cells have progressed beyond the DN stage of development the IL-7R alpha chain becomes no longer essential for RAG expression...
- Induction of germline transcription in the TCRgamma locus by Stat5: implications for accessibility control by the IL-7 receptorS K Ye
Department of Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Immunity 11:213-23. 1999..Therefore, this study reveals a potential role of Stat5 in T cell development and also implies that IL-7R may control the accessibility of the TCRgamma locus through Stat5-induced germline transcription...
- TCR-gamma genes are rearranged but not transcribed in IL-7R alpha-deficient miceN B Perumal
The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
J Immunol 158:5744-50. 1997....
- Control of T cell development in vivo by subdomains within the IL-7 receptor alpha-chain cytoplasmic tailB O Porter
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Immunol 166:262-9. 2001..Thus, separate cytoplasmic domains of the IL-7R alpha chain differentially control distinct functions during T cell development, whereas normal IL-7R-dependent thymic development requires the integrated activity of all these domains...
- Regulation of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in the C57BL/6J mouse by NK1.1+, DX5+, alpha beta+ T cellsR B Fritz
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Immunol 166:4209-15. 2001..Only recipients of the former recovered normally from clinical disease. These results indicate that recovery from acute EAE is an active process that requires NK1.1(+), DX5(+) alpha beta(+) TCR spleen cells and IFN-gamma...
- Bax deficiency partially corrects interleukin-7 receptor alpha deficiencyAnnette R Khaled
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Immunity 17:561-73. 2002..The BH3 only proteins, Bad and Bim, were also part of the death pathway repressed by IL-7. Thus, in young mice, Bax emerges as an essential protein in the death pathway induced by IL-7 deficiency...
- The interleukin 7 receptor is required for T cell receptor gamma locus accessibility to the V(D)J recombinaseM S Schlissel
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3200, USA
J Exp Med 191:1045-50. 2000..We found a reduction in chromatin accessibility for Rag-mediated cleavage in IL-7R-/- thymocytes compared with wild-type. Thus, IL-7 controls recombination at the TCR-gamma locus by regulating locus accessibility...
- Defective T-cell receptor gamma gene rearrangement in interleukin-7 receptor knockout miceS Candeias
SAIC, NCI FCRDC, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Immunol Lett 57:9-14. 1997..These findings indicate that one or both of the two known ligands of IL-7R, IL-7 and thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) serves as an extrinsic signal to specifically rearrange the TCR gamma locus...
- Prevention of graft-versus-host disease by anti IL-7Ralpha antibodyBrile Chung
Division of Stem Cell Transplantation, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Blood 110:2803-10. 2007..Blockade of IL-7R by anti-IL-7Ralpha antibody resulted in elimination of alloreactive T cells, prevention of GVHD, and improvement of donor T-cell reconstitution...
- Mesenchymal cells are required for functional development of thymic epithelial cellsManami Itoi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Int Immunol 19:953-64. 2007..In addition, our data suggest that mesenchymal cells are required to create the thymic microenvironment and to maintain epithelial architecture and function...
- Signaling thresholds govern heterogeneity in IL-7-receptor-mediated responses of naïve CD8(+) T cellsMegan J Palmer
Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 89:581-94. 2011..Our findings indicate that IL-7R-mediated signaling not only maintains the size but also impacts the diversity of the naïve T-cell repertoire...
- Upregulated IL-7 receptor α expression on colitogenic memory CD4+ T cells may participate in the development and persistence of chronic colitisTamako Shinohara
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Immunol 186:2623-32. 2011..Therefore, therapeutic approaches targeting the IL-7/IL-7R signaling pathway in colitogenic CD4(+) T cells may be feasible for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases...
- IL-7 receptor expression provides the potential for long-term survival of both CD62Lhigh central memory T cells and Th1 effector cells during Leishmania major infectionSara L Colpitts
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 182:5702-11. 2009..whether the prosurvival cytokine IL-7 contributes to maintaining these T cells, we examined expression of the IL7R on CD4(+) T cells activated during L. major infection...
- Accessibility control of TCR Vγ region by STAT5Shizue Tani-Ichi
Laboratory of Biological Protection, Department of Biological Responses, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int Immunol 22:693-703. 2010..Thus, this study implies a potential role of STAT5 in accessibility control of Vgamma region, especially at Vgamma5 and HsA...
- Activation of the mouse TCRgamma enhancers by STAT5Shizue Tani-Ichi
Laboratory of Biological Protection, Department of Biological Responses, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, 53 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int Immunol 21:1079-88. 2009..Therefore, this study implies that the Egamma elements might be activated in two successive steps, first by Runx and c-Myb and next by STAT5...
- An interspecific linkage map of mouse chromosome 15 positioned with respect to the centromereC I Brannan
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Genomics 13:1075-81. 1992....
- STAT5 is required for thymopoiesis in a development stage-specific mannerJoonsoo Kang
Department of Pathology, Graduate Program in Immunology and Virology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Immunol 173:2307-14. 2004....
- Distinct roles of the interleukin-7 receptor alpha chain in fetal and adult thymocyte development revealed by analysis of interleukin-7 receptor alpha-deficient miceT Crompton
Department of Biology, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 28:1859-66. 1998..These data suggest that the IL-7Ralpha chain is a key regulator of both survival and proliferation during thymocyte development but that it is not essential for the production of T cells during fetal thymopoiesis...
- Pre-pro-B cell growth-stimulating factor (PPBSF) upregulates IL-7Ralpha chain expression and enables pro-B cells to respond to monomeric IL-7Chiju Wei
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3105, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:823-32. 2002....
- Mammalian Polycomb complexes are required for Peyer's patch development by regulating lymphoid cell proliferationToru Sato
Department of Clinical Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba, Japan
Gene 379:166-74. 2006..We suggest that PcG complexes may act to mediate certain inductive signals maybe through IL-7Ralpha to allow sufficient proliferation of lymphoid inducer cells during PP organogenesis...
- Thymic progenitor homing and lymphocyte homeostasis are linked via S1P-controlled expression of thymic P-selectin/CCL25Klaus Gossens
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Exp Med 206:761-78. 2009..Our findings suggest a model whereby thymic TCP importation is controlled by both early thymic niche occupancy and the peripheral lymphocyte pool via S1P...
- IL-7 exacerbates chronic colitis with expansion of memory IL-7Rhigh CD4+ mucosal T cells in miceEriko Okada
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 288:G745-54. 2005..Therefore, therapeutic approaches targeting the IL-7R pathway may be feasible in the treatment of human inflammatory bowel disease...
- Impaired B-1 and B-2 B cell development and atypical splenic B cell structures in IL-7 receptor-deficient miceLena Erlandsson
Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling and Development, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Immunol 34:3595-603. 2004..The impairment of marginal zone and B-1 B cells in IL-7 receptor- but not IL-7-deficient mice suggests non-redundant functions for the IL-7 receptor ligands, IL-7 and thymic stromal lymphopoietin...
- GA binding protein regulates interleukin 7 receptor alpha-chain gene expression in T cellsHai Hui Xue
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 7N252, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1674, USA
Nat Immunol 5:1036-44. 2004....
- Ras orchestrates exit from the cell cycle and light-chain recombination during early B cell developmentMalay Mandal
Department of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nat Immunol 10:1110-7. 2009..Our data show how pre-BCR signaling poises pre-B cells to undergo differentiation after escape from IL-7R signaling...
- Bone marrow CD8 cells down-modulate membrane IL-7Ralpha expression and exhibit increased STAT-5 and p38 MAPK phosphorylation in the organ environmentGiuliana Cassese
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Naples, Italy
Blood 110:1960-9. 2007..within the organ; in vitro response to interleukin-7 (IL-7), IL-15, IL-21; ex vivo expression of membrane CD127 (IL-7Ralpha), intracellular Bcl-2, phospho-STAT-5 (signal transducer and activator of transcription 5), phospho-..
- Role of TNF ligand and receptor family in the lymphoid organogenesis defined by gene targetingM Matsumoto
Division of Informative Cytology, University of Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 46:141-50. 1999....
- Defective development of gamma/delta T cells in interleukin 7 receptor-deficient mice is due to impaired expression of T cell receptor gamma genesJ Kang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and The Cancer Research Laboratory, Division of Immunology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Exp Med 190:973-82. 1999..The results indicate that the absence of gamma/delta T cells in IL-7Ralpha(-/-) mice is due to insufficient TCR-gamma gene expression...
- Serial backcross mapping of multiple loci associated with resistance to Leishmania major in miceA M Beebe
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Immunity 6:551-7. 1997..The presence of all six loci was not necessary to confer resistance and no single locus was required. Rather, a variety of combinations of these loci may be capable of interacting to confer resistance...
- The mouse and human excitatory amino acid transporter gene (EAAT1) maps to mouse chromosome 15 and a region of syntenic homology on human chromosome 5M A Kirschner
Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Portland, Oregon
Genomics 22:631-3. 1994..The Eaat1 locus appears not to be linked to the epilepsy mutant stg locus, which is also on chromosome 15. The EAAT1 locus is located in a region of 5p deletions that have been associated with mental retardation and microcephaly...
- IL-7 receptor signaling is necessary for stage transition in adult B cell development through up-regulation of EBFKazu Kikuchi
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Exp Med 201:1197-203. 2005..Thus, IL-7 receptor signaling is a participant in the formation of the transcription factor network during B lymphopoiesis by up-regulating EBF, allowing stage transition from the pre-pro-B to further maturational stages...
- Ebf1-mediated down-regulation of Id2 and Id3 is essential for specification of the B cell lineageMelissa A Thal
Department of Microbiology, The University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:552-7. 2009..Collectively, these studies suggest a model where Ebf1 induction specifies the B cell fate by dramatically increasing activity of E47 at the posttranslational level...
- Intradermal administration of thymic stromal lymphopoietin induces a T cell- and eosinophil-dependent systemic Th2 inflammatory responseHeidi K Jessup
Inflammation Research, Amgen, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Immunol 181:4311-9. 2008..TSLP-induced responses were significantly, but not completely reduced in IL-4- and IL-13-deficient mice. These results shed light on the pathways and cell types involved in TSLP-induced inflammation...
- Human CD4+ regulatory T cells express lower levels of the IL-7 receptor alpha chain (CD127), allowing consistent identification and sorting of live cellsDENNIS J HARTIGAN-O'CONNOR
Division of Experimental Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol Methods 319:41-52. 2007..T-regs, but consistent and specific discrimination of functional T-regs was only made possible by focus on CD127, the alpha chain of the IL-7 receptor...
- Direct interaction between Kit and the interleukin-7 receptorThomas Jahn
Division of Research Immunology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA, USA
Blood 110:1840-7. 2007..Such indirect activation of the Jak-Stat pathway induced by the interaction between an RTK and type I cytokine receptor could be the underlying mechanism for a context-specific signaling repertoire of a pleiotropic RTK-like Kit...
- Severely impaired clonal deletion of CD4+ T cells in low-dose irradiated mice: role of T cell antigen receptor and IL-7 receptor signalsElena Shklovskaya
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Newtown, New South Wales 2042, Australia
J Immunol 177:8320-30. 2006..Failure of clonal deletion in irradiated hosts represents a novel mechanism limiting TCR diversity in a lymphopenic environment and may contribute to subsequent autoimmunity...
- Proteomics analysis of interleukin (IL)-7-induced signaling effectors shows selective changes in IL-7Ralpha449F knock-in T cell progenitorsKia A Duthie
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1700-10. 2007....
- Cell-surface IL-7 receptor expression facilitates the purification of FOXP3(+) regulatory T cellsAlison H Banham
LRF Lymphoma Antigens Group, Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Trends Immunol 27:541-4. 2006..Two recent studies have demonstrated that downregulation of the interleukin-7 receptor (CD127) distinguishes Treg cells from activated T cells, facilitating both Treg-cell purification and their functional ..
- Cutting edge: IL-7-independent regulation of IL-7 receptor alpha expression and memory CD8 T cell developmentKimberly D Klonowski
Department of Immunology, Center for Integrative Immunology and Vaccine Research, University of Connecticut Health Center, 2634 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 177:4247-51. 2006..Thus, IL-7Ralpha regulation occurs independently of IL-7 in responding CD8 T cells, indicating that CD8 memory T cell precursors are not selected by IL-7/IL-7Ralpha interactions...
- Role of T and NK cells and IL7/IL7r interactions during neonatal maturation of lymph nodesMark C Coles
Division of Molecular Immunology and Immune Cell Biology and Confocal Microscopy and Image Analysis Laboratory, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:13457-62. 2006..anlage persists for a week after birth but disperses subsequently, a process reversible by neonatal transfer of WT IL7r(+) TCR(+) T or natural killer (NK) cells, suggesting a role for IL7/IL7r interactions...
- Ab5 Toxins Nasal Adjuvant Target the Olfactory Bulbs/CNSKohtaro Fujihashi; Fiscal Year: 2004..These proposed studies will provide essential new information to determine potential side effects of CT-B derivatives as nasal adjuvants, and point to ways where these toxic effects can be avoided. ..
- The function of membrane vesiculation in CTLA-4-mediate*Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..To date there has been limited advancement on the ability to increase CTLA-4 function. The proposed model of CTLA-4 function would provide a novel means to increase CTLA-4-mediated inhibition in vivo. ..
- Dys/Regulation of the Immune System in AutoimmunityRichard Flavell; Fiscal Year: 2006..The program is coordinated by frequent meetings of the program faculty and research workers bringing together these diverse approaches to address a common goal. ..
- Determination of Mechanism of T cell Lineage CommittmentJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term objective of this application is to identify genes that determine T cell lineage fate. ..
- The Role of IL-2 in Autoimmune DiabetesRichard Flavell; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will utilize our IL-2 knock-in mice to test these two mutually nonexclusive hypotheses. ..
- Mechanisms of CTLA-4 FunctionJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding these processes is critical for designing novel therapeutic approaches for vaccine development, autoimmune disease, and in transplant and tumor immunology. ..
- Regulation of T cell development by SOX13Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, the genetic program controlling T cell lineage commitment and maturation will be determined, allowing a better understanding of leukemogenesis. ..
- Mechanisms of Lymphocyte Gene Regulation by E2A and Notch1BARBARA LYNNE KEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..