Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il34
Description: interleukin 34
Alias: 2010004A03Rik, AI593503, interleukin-34
- Greter M, Lelios I, Pelczar P, Hoeffel G, Price J, Leboeuf M, et al. Stroma-derived interleukin-34 controls the development and maintenance of langerhans cells and the maintenance of microglia. Immunity. 2012;37:1050-1060 pubmed publisher..In contrast, microglia and their yolk sac precursors develop independently of IL-34 but rely on it for their maintenance in the adult brain. ..
- Yu Y, Yang D, Qiu L, Okamura H, Guo J, Haneji T. Tumor necrosis factor-? induces interleukin-34 expression through nuclear factor??B activation in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:1371-6 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment with 100 µM CAPE, an inhibitor of NF-?B, significantly inhibited TNF-?-induced IL-34 expression. These results indicate that TNF-? induces IL-34 expression via NF-?B in osteoblasts. ..
- Jin S, Sonobe Y, Kawanokuchi J, Horiuchi H, Cheng Y, Wang Y, et al. Interleukin-34 restores blood-brain barrier integrity by upregulating tight junction proteins in endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e115981 pubmed publisher..The novel function of IL-34 on the blood-brain barrier may give us a clue for new therapeutic strategies in neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Xu R, Sun H, Williams D, Jones A, Al Hussaini A, Song B, et al. IL-34 Suppresses Candida albicans Induced TNFÎ± Production in M1 Macrophages by Downregulating Expression of Dectin-1 and TLR2. J Immunol Res. 2015;2015:328146 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicated that constitutive IL-34 expressed by skin keratinocytes might suppress resident macrophage responses to C. albicans colonisation by maintaining low levels TLR2 and Dectin-1 expression by macrophages. ..
- Sierro F, Evrard M, Rizzetto S, Melino M, Mitchell A, Flórido M, et al. A Liver Capsular Network of Monocyte-Derived Macrophages Restricts Hepatic Dissemination of Intraperitoneal Bacteria by Neutrophil Recruitment. Immunity. 2017;47:374-388.e6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the liver contains two separate and non-overlapping niches occupied by distinct resident macrophage populations mediating immunosurveillance at these two pathogen entry points to the liver. ..
- Zhu C, Herrmann U, Falsig J, Abakumova I, Nuvolone M, Schwarz P, et al. A neuroprotective role for microglia in prion diseases. J Exp Med. 2016;213:1047-59 pubmed publisher..Additionally, deficiency of microglia in interleukin 34 knockout (IL34(-/-)) mice again resulted in significantly augmented proteinase K-resistant prion protein ..
- Wang Y, Bugatti M, Ulland T, Vermi W, Gilfillan S, Colonna M. Nonredundant roles of keratinocyte-derived IL-34 and neutrophil-derived CSF1 in Langerhans cell renewal in the steady state and during inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:552-9 pubmed publisher..its impact on skin LCs in the developing embryo and adult mice in the steady state and during inflammation using Il34(LacZ) reporter mice and newly generated inducible Il34-knockout mice...
- Baek J, Zeng R, Weinmann Menke J, Valerius M, Wada Y, Ajay A, et al. IL-34 mediates acute kidney injury and worsens subsequent chronic kidney disease. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:3198-214 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IL-34-dependent, MÃ¸-mediated, CSF-1 nonredundant mechanisms promote persistent ischemia-incited AKI that worsens subsequent CKD. ..
- Zwicker S, Martinez G, Bosma M, Gerling M, Clark R, Majster M, et al. Interleukin 34: a new modulator of human and experimental inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Sci (Lond). 2015;129:281-90 pubmed publisher..In the present paper, we investigated the expression of IL34, CSF1 and their shared receptor CSF1R in normal human ileum and colon, in inflamed and non-inflamed tissues of CD ..
- SÃ©galiny A, Mohamadi A, Dizier B, Lokajczyk A, Brion R, Lanel R, et al. Interleukin-34 promotes tumor progression and metastatic process in osteosarcoma through induction of angiogenesis and macrophage recruitment. Int J Cancer. 2015;137:73-85 pubmed publisher..By promoting new vessel formation and extravasation of immune cells, IL-34 may play a key role in tumor development and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Liu H, Leo C, Chen X, Wong B, Williams L, Lin H, et al. The mechanism of shared but distinct CSF-1R signaling by the non-homologous cytokines IL-34 and CSF-1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1824:938-45 pubmed publisher..negative cooperativity of CSF-1 at the receptor-recognition sites, in combination with the difference in hydrophobicity which dictates a more stable IL-34:CSF-1R complex compared to the CSF-1:CSF-1R complex. ..
- Nandi S, Cioce M, Yeung Y, Nieves E, Tesfa L, Lin H, et al. Receptor-type protein-tyrosine phosphatase ? is a functional receptor for interleukin-34. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21972-86 pubmed publisher..This study identifies an alternate receptor for IL-34 that may mediate its action on novel cellular targets. ..
- Chemel M, Brion R, Segaliny A, Lamora A, Charrier C, Brulin B, et al. Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2 and Transforming Growth Factor ?1 Inhibit the Expression of the Proinflammatory Cytokine IL-34 in Rheumatoid Arthritis Synovial Fibroblasts. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:156-162 pubmed publisher..This work identifies TGF-?1 and BMP-2 as potent inhibitors of IL-34 expression in RA synovial fibroblasts. These cytokines, as upstream inhibitors of IL-34, may thus contribute to antagonize inflammation and bone erosions in RA. ..