Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il2rb
Description: interleukin 2 receptor, beta chain
Alias: CD122, IL-15Rbeta, IL15Rbeta, Il-2/15Rbeta, Il-2Rbeta, p70, interleukin-2 receptor subunit beta, IL-15 receptor beta chain, IL-2 receptor beta chain, IL-2 receptor subunit beta, IL-2/15 receptor-beta, IL-2R subunit beta, IL-2RB, high affinity IL-2 receptor subunit beta, p70-75
- Suzuki H, Zhou Y, Kato M, Mak T, Nakashima I. Normal regulatory alpha/beta T cells effectively eliminate abnormally activated T cells lacking the interleukin 2 receptor beta in vivo. J Exp Med. 1999;190:1561-72 pubmed..These results indicate a novel function of IL-2Rbeta that is necessary for the induction of regulatory T cells acting to eliminate activated T cells. ..
- Reya T, Yang Snyder J, Rothenberg E, Carding S. Regulated expression and function of CD122 (interleukin-2/interleukin-15R-beta) during lymphoid development. Blood. 1996;87:190-201 pubmedTo determine whether signaling via CD122 (interleukin-2 [IL-2]/IL-15 receptor beta-chain) plays a role in regulating the expansion and differentiation of lymphocyte precursors, we have characterized its expression and evaluated its ..
- Suzuki H, Duncan G, Takimoto H, Mak T. Abnormal development of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes and peripheral natural killer cells in mice lacking the IL-2 receptor beta chain. J Exp Med. 1997;185:499-505 pubmed
- Chan C, Crafton E, Fan H, Flook J, Yoshimura K, Skarica M, et al. Interferon-producing killer dendritic cells provide a link between innate and adaptive immunity. Nat Med. 2006;12:207-13 pubmed..By virtue of their capacity to kill target cells, followed by antigen presentation, IKDCs provide a link between innate and adaptive immunity. ..
- Malek T, Porter B, Codias E, Scibelli P, Yu A. Normal lymphoid homeostasis and lack of lethal autoimmunity in mice containing mature T cells with severely impaired IL-2 receptors. J Immunol. 2000;164:2905-14 pubmed..These data indicate that lymphoid homeostasis is largely maintained despite a nonfunctional IL-2R in mature T lymphocytes and suggest that IL-2Rbeta provides an essential signal during thymic development to regulate self-reactivity. ..
- Vosshenrich C, Lesjean Pottier S, Hasan M, Richard Le Goff O, Corcuff E, Mandelboim O, et al. CD11cloB220+ interferon-producing killer dendritic cells are activated natural killer cells. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2569-78 pubmed..1(+) cells upon activation in vitro or in vivo in a proliferation-dependent fashion. Our data suggest that the majority of CD11c(lo)B220(+) "IKDC-like" cells represent activated NK cells. ..
- Tsunobuchi H, Nishimura H, Goshima F, Daikoku T, Suzuki H, Nakashima I, et al. A protective role of interleukin-15 in a mouse model for systemic infection with herpes simplex virus. Virology. 2000;275:57-66 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that IL-15, using the IL-2/IL15R beta chain, plays an important role in mounting protective immunity during the course of systemic HSV-2 infection. ..
- Soper D, Kasprowicz D, Ziegler S. IL-2Rbeta links IL-2R signaling with Foxp3 expression. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1817-26 pubmed..In contrast, we found that mice deficient in CD122 (IL-2Rbeta) had a profound reduction in both thymic and peripheral Treg, coinciding with more rapid development of ..
- Kung J, Beller D, Ju S. Lymphokine regulation of activation-induced apoptosis in T cells of IL-2 and IL-2R beta knockout mice. Cell Immunol. 1998;185:158-63 pubmed
- Kawai K, Suzuki H, Tomiyama K, Minagawa M, Mak T, Ohashi P. Requirement of the IL-2 receptor beta chain for the development of Vgamma3 dendritic epidermal T cells. J Invest Dermatol. 1998;110:961-5 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Nagasaka Y, Kitamura F, Kuida K, Suwa H, Miyasaka M. The role of the interleukin-2 (IL-2)/IL-2 receptor pathway in MRL/lpr lymphadenopathy: the expanded CD4-8- T cell subset completely lacks functional IL-2 receptors. Eur J Immunol. 1993;23:1378-80 pubmed..Therefore, our results indicate that the IL-2/IL-2R system plays little role, if any, in the expansion of abnormal CD4-8-B220+ alpha beta T cells in MRL/lpr mice. ..
- Beltra J, Bourbonnais S, Bedard N, Charpentier T, Boulangé M, Michaud E, et al. IL2R?-dependent signals drive terminal exhaustion and suppress memory development during chronic viral infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5444-53 pubmed publisher..Together, we ascribe a previously unexpected role to IL-2 and IL-15 as instigators of CD8(+) T-cell exhaustion during chronic viral infection. ..
- Nishimura H, Tagaya M, Tsunobuchi H, Suzuki H, Nakashima I, Yoshikai Y. Mice lacking interleukin-2 (IL-2)/IL-15 receptor beta chain are susceptible to infection with avirulent Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar choleraesuis but mice lacking IL-2 are resistant. Infect Immun. 2001;69:1226-9 pubmed..A Th1 response was detected in IL-2(-/-) but not in IL-2/IL-15R beta(-/-) mice infected with Salmonella, suggesting that IL-2/IL-15R beta signaling is important for the generation of protective Th1 cells. ..
- Castro I, Dee M, Malek T. Transient enhanced IL-2R signaling early during priming rapidly amplifies development of functional CD8+ T effector-memory cells. J Immunol. 2012;189:4321-30 pubmed publisher..These results identify a general approach for amplified T memory development that may be useful to optimize vaccines aimed at generating robust cell-mediated immunity. ..
- Imbert V, Rezzonico R, Reichenbach P, Nabholz M. Induction of interleukin-2 receptor alpha (IL-2Ralpha) expression by interleukin-2: important role of the interleukin-2 receptor beta chain region between the two Stat5 docking sites. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2002;13:331-9 pubmed..These data suggest that the segment between the two Stat5 docking sites of the IL-2Rbeta chain mediates signaling events that, together with Stat5 activation, are essential for the stimulation of IL-2Ralpha gene transcription. ..
- Ye S, Kim T, Won S, Yoon T, Park T, Yoo Y, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the mouse interleukin-2 receptor beta chain gene by Ets and Egr-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1094-101 pubmed
- Schreiber T, Wolf D, Tsai M, Chirinos J, Deyev V, Gonzalez L, et al. Therapeutic Treg expansion in mice by TNFRSF25 prevents allergic lung inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3629-40 pubmed publisher..Our studies define what we believe to be a novel mechanism for Treg control and important functions for TNFR25 in regulating autoaggression that balance its known role in enhancing autoimmunity. ..
- Hanke T, Mitnacht R, Boyd R, Hunig T. Induction of interleukin 2 receptor beta chain expression by self-recognition in the thymus. J Exp Med. 1994;180:1629-36 pubmed..thymocytes express the T cell receptor alpha/beta (TCR-alpha/beta) together with the interleukin (IL) 2R beta (p70), but not the alpha (p 55) chain...
- Jin H, Gong D, Adeegbe D, Bayer A, Rolle C, Yu A, et al. Quantitative assessment concerning the contribution of IL-2Rbeta for superantigen-mediated T cell responses in vivo. Int Immunol. 2006;18:565-72 pubmed
- Zhang X, Fujii H, Kishimoto H, LeRoy E, Surh C, Sprent J. Aging leads to disturbed homeostasis of memory phenotype CD8(+) cells. J Exp Med. 2002;195:283-93 pubmed..Hence the selective reduction in the turnover of aged CD44(hi) CD8(+) cells in vivo may reflect the combined inhibitory effects of enhanced Bcl-2 expression and high IFN-I levels. ..
- Malek T, Yu A, Scibelli P, Lichtenheld M, Codias E. Broad programming by IL-2 receptor signaling for extended growth to multiple cytokines and functional maturation of antigen-activated T cells. J Immunol. 2001;166:1675-83 pubmed
- Gong D, Malek T. Cytokine-dependent Blimp-1 expression in activated T cells inhibits IL-2 production. J Immunol. 2007;178:242-52 pubmed..Collectively, these findings indicate that there is a negative feedback regulatory loop in activated T cells such that IL-2 inhibits its own production through induction of Blimp-1 while promoting an effector cell phenotype. ..
- Nakamura T, Ouchida R, Kodama T, Kawashima T, Makino Y, Yoshikawa N, et al. Cytokine receptor common beta subunit-mediated STAT5 activation confers NF-kappa B activation in murine proB cell line Ba/F3 cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6254-65 pubmed..Taken together, we may propose that cytokine receptor-mediated STAT5 activation and expression of its target genes culminates in a unique mode of NF-kappa B activation and gene expression. ..
- Hanisch U, Lyons S, Prinz M, Nolte C, Weber J, Kettenmann H, et al. Mouse brain microglia express interleukin-15 and its multimeric receptor complex functionally coupled to Janus kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28853-60 pubmed..Microglial IL-15 could thus play a pivotal role in the CNS and may participate in certain CNS and neuroendocrine functions previously ascribed to IL-2. ..
- McClanahan T, Dalrymple S, Barkett M, Lee F. Hematopoietic growth factor receptor genes as markers of lineage commitment during in vitro development of hematopoietic cells. Blood. 1993;81:2903-15 pubmed..The defined temporal order for the expression of these genes suggests that they may be useful as markers for multiple stages in the development of different hematopoietic cell lineages during embryogenesis. ..
- Nemoto T, Takeshita T, Ishii N, Kondo M, Higuchi M, Satomi S, et al. Differences in the interleukin-2 (IL-2) receptor system in human and mouse: alpha chain is required for formation of the functional mouse IL-2 receptor. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:3001-5 pubmed..Collectively, these results illustrate that the functional mouse IL-2 receptor complex necessarily includes the alpha chain, and that the regulation of CD8+ T cell growth during immune reaction depends upon alpha chain expression. ..
- Van Maele L, Carnoy C, Cayet D, Songhet P, Dumoutier L, Ferrero I, et al. TLR5 signaling stimulates the innate production of IL-17 and IL-22 by CD3(neg)CD127+ immune cells in spleen and mucosa. J Immunol. 2010;185:1177-85 pubmed publisher..These data define that TLR-induced activation of CD3(neg)CD127(+) cells and production of Th17-related cytokines may be crucial for the early defenses against pathogen invasion of host tissues. ..
- Snow J, Abraham N, Ma M, Herndier B, Pastuszak A, Goldsmith M. Loss of tolerance and autoimmunity affecting multiple organs in STAT5A/5B-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2003;171:5042-50 pubmed..These data provide strong evidence for a requirement for STAT5 in the maintenance of tolerance in vivo. ..
- Vang K, Yang J, Mahmud S, Burchill M, Vegoe A, Farrar M. IL-2, -7, and -15, but not thymic stromal lymphopoeitin, redundantly govern CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cell development. J Immunol. 2008;181:3285-90 pubmed
- Kamimura D, Ueda N, Sawa Y, Hachida S, Atsumi T, Nakagawa T, et al. Evidence of a novel IL-2/15R beta-targeted cytokine involved in homeostatic proliferation of memory CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:6041-9 pubmed
- Casey L, Lichtman A, Boothby M. IL-4 induces IL-2 receptor p75 beta-chain gene expression and IL-2-dependent proliferation in mouse T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1992;148:3418-26 pubmed..These results are consistent with a mechanism by which IL-4 can prime T cells and certain thymocytes for responsiveness to IL-2 by increasing IL-2R p75 chain gene expression, independent of general T cell activation. ..
- Bayer A, Lee J, de la Barrera A, Surh C, Malek T. A function for IL-7R for CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T regulatory cells. J Immunol. 2008;181:225-34 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate that IL-7R signaling contributes to Treg cell development and peripheral homeostasis. ..
- Kuwabara T, Kasai H, Kondo M. Acetylation Modulates IL-2 Receptor Signaling in T Cells. J Immunol. 2016;197:4334-4343 pubmed..Thus, IL-2-mediated acetylation plays an important role in the modulation of cytokine signaling and T cell fate. ..
- Aliahmad P, de la Torre B, Kaye J. Shared dependence on the DNA-binding factor TOX for the development of lymphoid tissue-inducer cell and NK cell lineages. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:945-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, many cell lineages of the immune system share a TOX-dependent step for development...
- Campbell H, Webb G, Kono T, Taniguchi T, Ford J, Young I. Assignment of the interleukin-2 receptor beta chain gene (Il-2rb) to band E on mouse chromosome 15. Genomics. 1992;12:179-80 pubmed
- Montgomery R, Dallman M. Semi-quantitative polymerase chain reaction analysis of cytokine and cytokine receptor gene expression during thymic ontogeny. Cytokine. 1997;9:717-26 pubmed..The mRNA abundance and pattern of expression of each cytokine or cytokine receptor may indicate the relative contribution that it makes to different stages of fetal thymic ontogeny. ..
- Mathieu C, Beltra J, Charpentier T, Bourbonnais S, Di Santo J, Lamarre A, et al. IL-2 and IL-15 regulate CD8+ memory T-cell differentiation but are dispensable for protective recall responses. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:3324-38 pubmed publisher..Globally, these results indicate that lack of IL-2 and IL-15 signaling modulates the CD8(+) T-cell differentiation program but does not impede adequate effector functions. ..
- Rifa i M, Kawamoto Y, Nakashima I, Suzuki H. Essential roles of CD8+CD122+ regulatory T cells in the maintenance of T cell homeostasis. J Exp Med. 2004;200:1123-34 pubmed..Mice deficient in the interleukin (IL)-2/IL-15 receptor beta chain, CD122, are model animals of such immune attacks and characteristically have a high number of abnormally activated T ..
- Imada K, Bloom E, Nakajima H, Horvath Arcidiacono J, Udy G, Davey H, et al. Stat5b is essential for natural killer cell-mediated proliferation and cytolytic activity. J Exp Med. 1998;188:2067-74 pubmed..These data indicate an essential nonredundant role for Stat5b for potent NK cell-mediated proliferation and cytolytic activity. ..
- Xiong N, Kang C, Raulet D. Positive selection of dendritic epidermal gammadelta T cell precursors in the fetal thymus determines expression of skin-homing receptors. Immunity. 2004;21:121-31 pubmed..In vitro activation of irrelevant precursors also led to upregulation of the skin-homing receptor, providing an explanation for how thymic selection is coordinated with development of epidermal gammadelta T cells. ..
- Ukai H, Ishii Oba H, Ukai Tadenuma M, Ogiu T, Tsuji H. Formation of an active form of the interleukin-2/15 receptor beta-chain by insertion of the intracisternal A particle in a radiation-induced mouse thymic lymphoma and its role in tumorigenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2003;37:110-9 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrated that the chimeric receptor gene produced by the insertion of an IAP functions as an oncogene by providing IL-2-independent autonomous growth potential. ..
- Ye S, Maki K, Lee H, Ito A, Kawai K, Suzuki H, et al. Differential roles of cytokine receptors in the development of epidermal gamma delta T cells. J Immunol. 2001;167:1929-34 pubmed..In contrast, the IL-7R is probably essential in the induction of V-J recombination of TCRgamma genes. Thus, this study proves that IL-7R and IL-2/IL-15R serve differential functions in epidermal gammadelta T cell development. ..
- Adeegbe D, Bayer A, Levy R, Malek T. Cutting edge: allogeneic CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T regulatory cells suppress autoimmunity while establishing transplantation tolerance. J Immunol. 2006;176:7149-53 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that effective engraftment by allogeneic Treg cells controls autoimmunity and results in permissive conditions for long-term acceptance of allografts. ..
- Kusakabe K, Kiso Y, Hondo E, Takeshita A, Kato K, Okada T, et al. Spontaneous endometrial hyperplasia in the uteri of IL-2 receptor beta-chain transgenic mice. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:273-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that the IL2R beta-chain induces growth potential for glandular epithelial cells and an immune-privileged condition mediated by CD25+regulatory-T cells. ..
- Ramsey C, Rubinstein M, Kim D, Cho J, Sprent J, Surh C. The lymphopenic environment of CD132 (common gamma-chain)-deficient hosts elicits rapid homeostatic proliferation of naive T cells via IL-15. J Immunol. 2008;180:5320-6 pubmed
- Stegmann K, de Souza J, Riley E. IL-18-induced expression of high-affinity IL-2R on murine NK cells is essential for NK-cell IFN-Î³ production during murine Plasmodium yoelii infection. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:3431-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IL-2 signaling via CD25 amplifies IL-18- and IL-12-mediated NK-cell activation during malaria infection. ..
- Castro I, Yu A, Dee M, Malek T. The basis of distinctive IL-2- and IL-15-dependent signaling: weak CD122-dependent signaling favors CD8+ T central-memory cell survival but not T effector-memory cell development. J Immunol. 2011;187:5170-82 pubmed publisher..proximal signaling by IL-2 and IL-15 and CD8(+) T cell primary and memory responses as a consequence of varied CD122-dependent signaling...
- Hornakova T, Staerk J, Royer Y, Flex E, Tartaglia M, Constantinescu S, et al. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia-associated JAK1 mutants activate the Janus kinase/STAT pathway via interleukin-9 receptor alpha homodimers. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6773-81 pubmed publisher..Similar results were observed with IL-2Rbeta. Taken together, our results show that IL-9Ralpha and IL-2Rbeta homodimers efficiently mediate constitutive activation of ALL-associated JAK1 mutants. ..
- Zhu M, Berry J, Russell S, Leonard W. Delineation of the regions of interleukin-2 (IL-2) receptor beta chain important for association of Jak1 and Jak3. Jak1-independent functional recruitment of Jak3 to Il-2Rbeta. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10719-25 pubmed
- Messaoudi I, Warner J, Nikolich Zugich J. Age-related CD8+ T cell clonal expansions express elevated levels of CD122 and CD127 and display defects in perceiving homeostatic signals. J Immunol. 2006;177:2784-92 pubmed..of central memory T cells with distinguishable phenotypic characteristics, most notably the higher expression of CD122 and CD127, molecules that make up IL-15R and IL-7R, respectively, than other memory T cells...
- Fujii H, Hoshino A. Lack of nuclear translocation of cytoplasmic domains of IL-2/IL-15 receptor subunits. Cytokine. 2009;46:302-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicated that potential nuclear function of cleaved type I cytokine receptor subunits is not plausible. ..
- Goldstein J, Balderas R, Marodon G. Continuous activation of the CD122/STAT-5 signaling pathway during selection of antigen-specific regulatory T cells in the murine thymus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19038 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, STAT-5 activation upon IL-2 stimulation correlated better with foxp3 and CD122 than with CD25 expression...
- Guimond M, Luross J, Wang B, Terhorst C, Danial S, Croy B. Absence of natural killer cells during murine pregnancy is associated with reproductive compromise in TgE26 mice. Biol Reprod. 1997;56:169-79 pubmed..These studies are the first to suggest a vital role for large granulated lymphocytes in the promotion of fetal survival and pregnancy success. ..
- Charych D, Khalili S, Dixit V, Kirk P, Chang T, Langowski J, et al. Modeling the receptor pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of NKTR-214, a kinetically-controlled interleukin-2 (IL2) receptor agonist for cancer immunotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179431 pubmed publisher..The model accurately describes the sustained in vivo signaling observed after a single dose of NKTR-214 and explains how the properties of NKTR-214 impart a unique kinetically-controlled immunological mechanism of action. ..
- Masse G, Corcuff E, Decaluwe H, Bommhardt U, Lantz O, Buer J, et al. gamma(c) cytokines provide multiple homeostatic signals to naive CD4(+) T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2606-16 pubmed..monoclonal populations of CD4(+) T cells from TCR-Tg mice that were gamma(c) (+), gamma(c) (-), CD127(-/-) or CD122(-/-)...
- Berberich I, Schimpl A. Regulation of immunoglobulin gene expression in normal lymphocytes. II. Mechanisms of down-regulation of immunoglobulin secretion after engagement of the B cell antigen receptor. Eur J Immunol. 1992;22:525-9 pubmed..The loss of mu S mRNA is attributable to an altered processing behavior with respect to the mu precursor and/or a decreased stability of the mRNA itself. ..
- Kim P, Pai S, Brigl M, Besra G, Gumperz J, Ho I. GATA-3 regulates the development and function of invariant NKT cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:6650-9 pubmed..In addition, GATA-3 is also required for survival, activation, and effector functions of this unique population of T cells. Our data also reveal a previously unidentified peripheral maturation step that is GATA-3 dependent. ..
- Oida T, Suzuki K, Nanno M, Kanamori Y, Saito H, Kubota E, et al. Role of gut cryptopatches in early extrathymic maturation of intestinal intraepithelial T cells. J Immunol. 2000;164:3616-26 pubmed..These findings underscore the role of gut CP in the early extrathymic maturation of CD8alphaalpha+ IEL, including cell-surface expression of alphaEbeta7 integrin, CD3epsilon gene transcription, and TCR gene rearrangements. ..
- Ohteki T, Suzue K, Maki C, Ota T, Koyasu S. Critical role of IL-15-IL-15R for antigen-presenting cell functions in the innate immune response. Nat Immunol. 2001;2:1138-43 pubmed..This shows that the IL-15-IL-15R interaction is critical in early activation of antigen-presenting cells and plays an important role in the innate immune system. ..
- Herbarth B, Pingault V, Bondurand N, Kuhlbrodt K, Hermans Borgmeyer I, Puliti A, et al. Mutation of the Sry-related Sox10 gene in Dominant megacolon, a mouse model for human Hirschsprung disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:5161-5 pubmed
- Seltzer Z, Wu T, Max M, Diehl S. Mapping a gene for neuropathic pain-related behavior following peripheral neurectomy in the mouse. Pain. 2001;93:101-6 pubmed..Several genes located in this chromosomal region encode for neural functions related to neuropathic pain and may indicate targets for development of novel analgesics. ..
- Li Z, Zhang Y, Liu Z, Wu X, Zheng Y, Tao Z, et al. ECM1 controls T(H)2 cell egress from lymph nodes through re-expression of S1P(1). Nat Immunol. 2011;12:178-85 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a previously unknown function of ECM1 in regulating T(H)2 cell migration through control of KLF2 and S1P(1) expression. ..
- Masse G, Corcuff E, Strick Marchand H, Guy Grand D, Tafuri Bladt A, Albert M, et al. Gamma c cytokines condition the progressive differentiation of CD4+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15442-7 pubmed..These results define a late checkpoint in T cell differentiation in the tissues where gamma(c) cytokines, including IL-15, authenticate CD4(+) T cell effector functions. ..
- Gesbert F, Moreau J, Theze J. IL-2 responsiveness of CD4 and CD8 lymphocytes: further investigations with human IL-2Rbeta transgenic mice. Int Immunol. 2005;17:1093-102 pubmed..But in CD8 lymphocytes, IL-2 down-modulates p27(kip1). These results indicate that, aside from IL-2R expression and function, IL-2 responsiveness is also controlled by lineage-specific mechanisms. ..
- Poussier P, Ning T, Chen J, Banerjee D, Julius M. Intestinal inflammation observed in IL-2R/IL-2 mutant mice is associated with impaired intestinal T lymphopoiesis. Gastroenterology. 2000;118:880-91 pubmed..Null mutations at IL-2/IL-2Ralpha and beta loci differentially affect intraintestinal and intrathymic T lymphopoiesis. These conditions are associated with lesions of intestinal inflammation that are mediated by thymus-derived T cells. ..
- Moro K, Yamada T, Tanabe M, Takeuchi T, Ikawa T, Kawamoto H, et al. Innate production of T(H)2 cytokines by adipose tissue-associated c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) lymphoid cells. Nature. 2010;463:540-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, FALC Lin(-)c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) cells are T(H)2-type innate lymphocytes, and we propose that these cells be called 'natural helper cells'. ..
- Rowley J, Monie A, Hung C, Wu T. Inhibition of tumor growth by NK1.1+ cells and CD8+ T cells activated by IL-15 through receptor beta/common gamma signaling in trans. J Immunol. 2008;181:8237-47 pubmed
- Minagawa M, Watanabe H, Miyaji C, Tomiyama K, Shimura H, Ito A, et al. Enforced expression of Bcl-2 restores the number of NK cells, but does not rescue the impaired development of NKT cells or intraepithelial lymphocytes, in IL-2/IL-15 receptor beta-chain-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2002;169:4153-60 pubmed..These results indicate an essential role of IL-2/IL-15R-mediated survival signals in the development of NK cells, but they also show that additional nonsurvival signals from IL-2/IL-15R are necessary for innate lymphocyte development. ..
- Codias E, Olosz F, Malek T. Genomic organization and 5' regulatory region of the mouse IL-2 receptor beta-chain gene (IL-2Rb). Immunogenetics. 2000;51:508-12 pubmed
- Super H, Hasenkrug K, Simmons S, Brooks D, Konzek R, Sarge K, et al. Fine mapping of the friend retrovirus resistance gene, Rfv3, on mouse chromosome 15. J Virol. 1999;73:7848-52 pubmed..These studies also showed for the first time that the Hsf1 gene maps to the Rfv3-linked cluster of genes including Il2rb, Il3rb, and Pdgfb...
- Yu A, Malek T. Selective availability of IL-2 is a major determinant controlling the production of CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T regulatory cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:5115-21 pubmed..Thus, a major factor controlling the nonredundant activity of the IL-2R is selective compartmentalization of IL-2-producing cells with Treg cells in vivo. ..
- Kokubu K, Hondo E, Namba Y, Kusakabe K, Sagara E, Kiso Y. Ultrastructural study of uterine natural killer cells found in pregnant, interleukin-2 receptor beta-chain overexpressed transgenic mice. J Reprod Dev. 2005;51:695-8 pubmed..The multivesicular regions were present in the cap structure of these granules, suggesting that the uNK cells of the Tg2Rbeta mice had cytotoxic activity. ..
- Cong L, Wang S, Zhao Z, Yang R. Donor-antigen Inoculation in the Testis Promotes Skin Allograft Acceptance Induced by Conventional Costimulatory Blockade via Induction of CD8 + CD122+ and CD4 + CD25+ Regulatory T Cells. Transplantation. 2016;100:763-71 pubmed publisher..CD8 + CD122+ and CD4 + FoxP3+ regulatory T [Treg] cells were quantified by fluorescence-activated cell sorting...
- Lin G, Snell L, Wortzman M, Clouthier D, Watts T. GITR-dependent regulation of 4-1BB expression: implications for T cell memory and anti-4-1BB-induced pathology. J Immunol. 2013;190:4627-39 pubmed publisher..Thus, the regulation of 4-1BB expression by GITR on CD8 T cells, as well as on other cells, contributes to the pathological effects of anti-4-1BB in unimmunized mice. ..
- Billia F, Barbara M, McEwen J, Trevisan M, Iscove N. Resolution of pluripotential intermediates in murine hematopoietic differentiation by global complementary DNA amplification from single cells: confirmation of assignments by expression profiling of cytokine receptor transcripts. Blood. 2001;97:2257-68 pubmed
- Petitto J, Huang Z. Molecular cloning of a partial cDNA of the interleukin-2 receptor-beta in normal mouse brain: in situ localization in the hippocampus and expression by neuroblastoma cells. Brain Res. 1994;650:140-5 pubmed..Further in situ hybridization studies will be important to extend this initial observation to determine the brain regional localization and cell-specific anatomy of IL-2R beta mRNA in the CNS. ..