Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il2ra
Description: interleukin 2 receptor, alpha chain
Alias: CD25, Il2r, Ly-43, IL-2 receptor subunit alpha, IL-2-RA, IL-2R alpha chain, IL-2R subunit alpha, IL2-RA, interleukin-2 receptor subunit alpha, p55 chain
- Interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain regulates the size and content of the peripheral lymphoid compartmentD M Willerford
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 3:521-30. 1995..Thus, IL-2R alpha is essential for regulation of both the size and content of the peripheral lymphoid compartment, probably by influencing the balance between clonal expansion and cell death following lymphocyte activation...
- Improved IL-2 immunotherapy by selective stimulation of IL-2 receptors on lymphocytes and endothelial cellsCarsten Krieg
Division of Immunology and Allergy, University Hospital of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11906-11. 2010..Notably, IL-2-mediated pulmonary edema was abrogated by a blocking antibody to IL-2Ralpha (CD25), genetic disruption of CD25, or the use of IL-2Rbetagamma-directed IL-2/anti-IL-2 antibody complexes, thereby ..
- Development and function of agonist-induced CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells in the absence of interleukin 2 signalingLouise M D'Cruz
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nat Immunol 6:1152-9. 2005Interleukin 2 signaling is believed to be critically involved in several aspects of CD25(+) CD4(+) regulatory T cell biology, such as intrathymic development, peripheral survival and suppressive function...
- OX40-mediated differentiation to effector function requires IL-2 receptor signaling but not CD28, CD40, IL-12Rbeta2, or T-betCortny A Williams
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Immunol 178:7694-702. 2007..Finally, we show that CD25-deficient CD4 T cells produce little IFN-gamma in the presence of OX40 costimulation compared with wild type, ..
- Regulatory CD4 T cells: expression of IL-2R alpha chain, resistance to clonal deletion and IL-2 dependencyM Papiernik
INSERM U345, Institut Necker, Paris France
Int Immunol 10:371-8. 1998We recently characterized a CD4+ T cell population expressing the IL-2R alpha chain (CD25), producing IL-10 and resisting clonal deletion induced by viral superantigen (vSAG) encoded by mouse mammary tumor virus [MMTV(SW)]...
- Immunologic self-tolerance maintained by activated T cells expressing IL-2 receptor alpha-chains (CD25). Breakdown of a single mechanism of self-tolerance causes various autoimmune diseasesS Sakaguchi
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology PRESTO, Research and Development Corporation of Japan JRDC, Tsukuba Life Science Center
J Immunol 155:1151-64. 1995..CD4+ cells and less than 1% of CD8+ cells in normal unimmunized adult mice express the IL-2 receptor alpha-chain (CD25) molecules...
- Cutting edge: thymocyte-independent and thymocyte-dependent phases of epithelial patterning in the fetal thymusDavid B Klug
Department of Carcinogenesis, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
J Immunol 169:2842-5. 2002..However, thymocyte-derived signals are required during late fetal stages for continued development and maintenance of TEC subsets in the neonate and adult...
- IL-2/anti-IL-2 antibody complexes show strong biological activity by avoiding interaction with IL-2 receptor alpha subunit CD25Sven Létourneau
Division of Immunology and Allergy, University Hospital of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2171-6. 2010..We show that IL-2 receptor alpha (CD25) plays a crucial role in IL-2 homeostasis...
- Homeostasis of peripheral CD4+ T cells: IL-2R alpha and IL-2 shape a population of regulatory cells that controls CD4+ T cell numbersAfonso R M Almeida
Lymphocyte Population Biology, Unité de Recherche Associée Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 1961, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 169:4850-60. 2002..In chimeras reconstituted with bone marrow cells from IL-2Ralpha-deficient donors, restitution of a population of CD25(+)CD4(+) T cells prevents the chaotic accumulation of lymphoid cells, and rescues the mice from autoimmune disease ..
- Functional responses and apoptosis of CD25 (IL-2R alpha)-deficient T cells expressing a transgenic antigen receptorL Van Parijs
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 158:3738-45. 1997..processes, we have bred a class II-restricted TCR transgene into mice deficient in the alpha-chain of the IL-2R, CD25. We show that in response to Ag, T cells from these mice are unable to use IL-2 and, as a result, are less ..
- Elf-1 and Stat5 bind to a critical element in a new enhancer of the human interleukin-2 receptor alpha geneP Lecine
INSERM U119, Marseille, France
Mol Cell Biol 16:6829-40. 1996..Our data demonstrate a major role of the GASd/EBSd element in IL-2R alpha regulation and suggest that the T-cell-specific Elf-1 factor can serve as a transcriptional repressor...
- CD4+CD25- T cells that express latency-associated peptide on the surface suppress CD4+CD45RBhigh-induced colitis by a TGF-beta-dependent mechanismTakatoku Oida
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:2516-22. 2003Murine CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory cells have been reported to express latency-associated peptide (LAP) and TGF-beta on the surface after activation, and exert regulatory function by the membrane-bound TGF-beta in vitro...
- Prevention of acute and chronic allograft rejection with CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T lymphocytesOlivier Joffre
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U563, Tolerance and Autoimmunity section, Toulouse, F 31300 France
Nat Med 14:88-92. 2008..Here we show that in mice treated with clinically acceptable levels of irradiation, regulatory CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T cells stimulated in vitro with alloantigens induced long-term tolerance to bone marrow and subsequent skin ..
- A function for interleukin 2 in Foxp3-expressing regulatory T cellsJason D Fontenot
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1142-51. 2005..mice containing the Foxp3(gfp) knock-in allele that were genetically deficient in either IL-2 (Il2(-/-)) or CD25 (Il2ra(-/-))...
- Function of the IL-2R for thymic and peripheral CD4+CD25+ Foxp3+ T regulatory cellsAllison L Bayer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, 1600 Northwest 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 178:4062-71. 2007IL-2 contributes to the production, function, and homeostasis of CD4+CD25+ T(reg) cells...
- Regulated expression and function of CD122 (interleukin-2/interleukin-15R-beta) during lymphoid developmentT Reya
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6076, USA
Blood 87:190-201. 1996..Together, these observations suggest that CD122 plays a role in regulating normal lymphocyte development in vivo...
- Therapeutic potential of self-antigen-specific CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells selected in vitro from a polyclonal repertoireSylvain Fisson
CNRS UMR 7087 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, CERVI, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 36:817-27. 2006CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells (Treg) play a major role in the prevention of autoimmune diseases...
- IL-2 receptor beta-dependent STAT5 activation is required for the development of Foxp3+ regulatory T cellsMatthew A Burchill
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 178:280-90. 2007..Finally, STAT5 binds to the promoter of the foxp3 gene suggesting that IL-2Rbeta-dependent STAT5 activation promotes Treg differentiation by regulating expression of foxp3...
- Mouse interleukin-2 receptor alpha gene expression. Delimitation of cis-acting regulatory elements in transgenic mice and by mapping of DNase-I hypersensitive sitesE Soldaini
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 270:10733-42. 1995..Two, at -0.05 and -5.3 kilobase pairs, are present in resting T cells. A third site appears at -1.35 kilobase pairs in activated T cells. It co-localizes with IL-2-responsive elements identified by transient transfection experiments...
- Mouse interleukin-2 receptor alpha gene expression. Interleukin-1 and interleukin-2 control transcription via distinct cis-acting elementsP Sperisen
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Epalinges
J Biol Chem 270:10743-53. 1995..IL-2 responsiveness requires three distinct elements within the enhancer. Two of these are potential binding sites for STAT proteins...
- Interleukin-2 inhibits germinal center formation by limiting T follicular helper cell differentiationAndré Ballesteros-Tato
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Immunity 36:847-56. 2012..Our data demonstrate that IL-2 is a critical factor that regulates successful Tfh and B cell responses in vivo and regulates Tfh cell development...
- The transcriptional regulators Id2 and Id3 control the formation of distinct memory CD8+ T cell subsetsCliff Y Yang
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Immunol 12:1221-9. 2011..Furthermore, cytokines altered the expression of Id2 and Id3 differently, which provides insight into how external cues influence gene expression...
- The effects of leflunomide on CD4(+)CD25 (+)Foxp3 (+) T regulatory cells in mice receiving allogeneic bone marrow transplantationDi Jin
Transplantation Biology Research Division, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Inflamm Res 61:53-60. 2012..The effect of LEF on CD4(+)CD25(+)T regulatory cells (Treg) was determined in a mouse model of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
- Interleukin-2 signals during priming are required for secondary expansion of CD8+ memory T cellsMatthew A Williams
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 441:890-3. 2006..of autoimmunity, attributable to the central role of IL-2 in the generation, maintenance and function of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells...
- Increased natural CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells and their suppressor activity do not contribute to mortality in murine polymicrobial sepsisPhilip O Scumpia
Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Immunol 177:7943-9. 2006Regulatory T cells (Tregs), including natural CD4+CD25+ Tregs and inducible IL-10 producing T regulatory type 1 (T(R)1) cells, maintain tolerance and inhibit autoimmunity...
- B-cell CD25 expression in murine primary and secondary lymphoid tissueS Amu
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 64:482-92. 2006B cells are in analogy with T cells capable of expressing functional IL-2 receptors. IL-2R alpha-chain (CD25) positive T cells have been studied in detail but not much is known about CD25 positive B cells...
- Role of IFN-gamma in induction of Foxp3 and conversion of CD4+ CD25- T cells to CD4+ TregsZhaojun Wang
Joint Immunology Laboratory of Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, and Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Clin Invest 116:2434-41. 2006..provide what we believe is new evidence indicating that IFN-gamma is critically required for the conversion of CD4+ CD25- T cells to CD4+ Tregs during EAE...
- Dynamics of CD4+CD25+ T cells in spleens and mesenteric lymph nodes of mice infected with Schistosoma japonicumXiao Ping Cai
Department of Pathogenic Biology, Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Modern Pathogenic Biology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 38:299-304. 2006CD4+CD25+ T cells play a major role in modulating immune response, but few reports have been published about schistosomiasis...
- GATA-3 regulates the development and function of invariant NKT cellsPeter J Kim
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 177:6650-9. 2006..In addition, GATA-3 is also required for survival, activation, and effector functions of this unique population of T cells. Our data also reveal a previously unidentified peripheral maturation step that is GATA-3 dependent...
- Origin and T cell receptor diversity of Foxp3+CD4+CD25+ T cellsRafal Pacholczyk
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Immunity 25:249-59. 2006Foxp3(+)CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells can differentiate from Foxp3(-)CD4(+) medullary thymocytes and Foxp3(-)CD4(+) naive T cells...
- Neuropilin 1 and CD25 co-regulation during early murine thymic differentiationCatherine Corbel
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Dev Comp Immunol 31:1082-94. 2007..the adult, NP1 is mainly expressed by CD4(-)CD8(-) double negative cells, CD4+CD8+ double positive cells, and CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells but barely detected in single CD4+ and CD8+ positive thymocytes...
- IL-2Rbeta links IL-2R signaling with Foxp3 expressionDavid M Soper
Immunology Program, Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:1817-26. 2007..that the forkhead family member Foxp3 is a critical element in the differentiation and function of mouse CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells (Treg)...
- Th cells act via two synergistic pathways to promote antiviral CD8+ T cell responsesMelanie Wiesel
Institute for Microbiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Immunol 185:5188-97. 2010..Second, Th cells provide CD8(+) T cells with IL-2, thereby enhancing their survival. Thus, Th cells are at the center of an important communication loop with a central role for IL-2/IL-2R and bioactive IL-12...
- Early signals during CD8 T cell priming regulate the generation of central memory cellsJoshua J Obar
Department of Immunology, Center for Integrated Immunology and Vaccine Research, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 185:263-72. 2010..Furthermore, the extent of early Ag availability, which regulated programmed death-1 and CD25 expression levels, controlled the T(CM)/T(EM) cell lineage decision ultimately through IL-2 and IL-15 signaling ..
- Flt3-L increases CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ICOS+ cells in the lungs of cockroach-sensitized and -challenged miceHalvor S McGee
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:331-40. 2010..These mice received three intraperitoneal injections of anti-CD25 antibody (PC61; 250 microg) and Flt3-L (3 microg) daily for 10 days...
- A positive feedback loop of IL-21 signaling provoked by homeostatic CD4+CD25- T cell expansion is essential for the development of arthritis in autoimmune K/BxN miceEunkyeong Jang
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Institute of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
J Immunol 182:4649-56. 2009..In this study, we show that the homeostatically proliferating CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells produce IL-21...
- Activin a promotes the TGF-beta-induced conversion of CD4+CD25- T cells into Foxp3+ induced regulatory T cellsSamuel Huber
Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Immunol 182:4633-40. 2009TGF-beta induces the conversion of CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells into CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells (Treg). Activin A is a pleiotropic TGF-beta family member and is expressed in response to inflammatory signals...
- Local effector failure in mesothelioma is not mediated by CD4+ CD25+ T-regulator cellsC Jackaman
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Eur Respir J 34:162-75. 2009..Finally, removal of CD25(+) Tregs from the tumour site and lymphoid organs did not alter tumour growth with or without interleukin (IL)-2 or ..
- Upregulating CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in pancreatic lymph nodes in diabetic NOD mice by adjuvant immunotherapyBole Tian
Department of Surgery and Diabetes Institute for Immunology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 87:198-206. 2009..We investigated whether CFA treatment up-regulates CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and increases transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 production in diabetic NOD mice.
- Hepatic stellate cells preferentially expand allogeneic CD4+ CD25+ FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in an IL-2-dependent mannerGuoping Jiang
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Transplantation 86:1492-502. 2008..We have shown that hepatic stellate cells (HpSC), well known to participate in liver repairing and fibrosis, mediate potent immunomodulatory functions through induction of activated T-cell death...
- SCART scavenger receptors identify a novel subset of adult gammadelta T cellsJan Kisielow
Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Integrative Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
J Immunol 181:1710-6. 2008..Characterization of SCART2 positive immature and peripheral gammadelta T cells suggests that they undergo lineage specification in the thymus and belong to a new IL-17-producing subset with distinct homing capabilities...
- A function for IL-7R for CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T regulatory cellsAllison L Bayer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Diabetes Research Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 181:225-34. 2008..IL-2- and IL-2R-deficient mice are not completely devoid of Foxp3+ cells, but rather lack population of mature CD4+CD25+Foxp3high Treg cells and contain few immature CD4+CD25-Foxp3low T cells...
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells selectively diminish systemic autoreactivity in arthritic K/BxN miceSang Mee Kang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Mol Cells 25:64-9. 2008..B cells specific to the self antigen glucose-6-phosphate isomerase, less is known about the in vivo roles of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T (T(reg)) cells in the pathology of K/BxN mice...
- Mesenchymal cells are required for functional development of thymic epithelial cellsManami Itoi
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Int Immunol 19:953-64. 2007..normally among the epithelial cells, however, they are severely impaired to proliferate and differentiate to CD25-positive cells...
- The transcription factor E4BP4 regulates the production of IL-10 and IL-13 in CD4+ T cellsYasutaka Motomura
Laboratory for Signal Network, Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Yokohama, Japan
Nat Immunol 12:450-9. 2011..Our results indicate that E4BP4 has multiple functions in controlling the plasticity of IL-13 in T(H)1 cells and IL-10 in T(H)1 cells, T(H)2 cells, T(reg) cells and NKT cells...
- Kruppel-like factor KLF10 targets transforming growth factor-beta1 to regulate CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells and T regulatory cellsZhuoxiao Cao
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:24914-24. 2009CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells (T regs) play a major role in the maintenance of self-tolerance and immune suppression, although the mechanisms controlling T reg development and suppressor function remain incompletely understood...
- Three distinct IL-2 signaling pathways mediated by bcl-2, c-myc, and lck cooperate in hematopoietic cell proliferationT Miyazaki
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Cell 81:223-31. 1995..These studies demonstrate a novel approach to dissecting signaling pathways regulating cellular proliferation...
- Disruption of integrin function in the murine myocardium leads to perinatal lethality, fibrosis, and abnormal cardiac performanceR S Keller
Department of Physiology, UCLA School of Medicine, Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1751, USA
Am J Pathol 158:1079-90. 2001..These data support an important role for beta(1) integrin in normal cardiac function...
- Nitrous oxide antinociception in BXD recombinant inbred mouse strains and identification of quantitative trait lociR M Quock
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford 61107 1897, USA
Brain Res 725:23-9. 1996..01 level on seven chromosomes with the most promising marker loci being Il2ra, Hbb, Hmg1rs7 and Gsl5 on chromosomes 2, 7, 16 and 19, respectively (P < 0.002).
- IL-2 receptor alpha chain expression during early B lymphocyte differentiationJ Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA
Int Immunol 6:1265-8. 1994..Its potential function in early B cell differentiation is discussed in comparison with its role in thymocyte differentiation...
- Differential T cell costimulatory requirements in CD28-deficient miceA Shahinian
Department of Medical Biophysics and Immunology, University of Toronto, Canada
Science 261:609-12. 1993..Thus, CD28 is not required for all T cell responses in vivo, suggesting that alternative costimulatory pathways may exist...
- Ablation of cerebellar Golgi cells disrupts synaptic integration involving GABA inhibition and NMDA receptor activation in motor coordinationD Watanabe
Department of Biological Sciences, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Cell 95:17-27. 1998..Furthermore, this integration can adapt after Golgi cell elimination so as not to evoke overexcitation by the reduction of NMDA receptors...
- Mapping HSA10 homologous loci in cattleD S Threadgill
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Cytogenet Cell Genet 57:123-6. 1991..The genes mapped include: vimentin (VIM) on HSA10 and MMU2; interleukin 2 receptor (IL2R) on HSA10 and MMU?; ornithine aminotransferase (OAT) on HSA10 and MMU7; hexokinase 1 (HK1) on HSA10 and MMU10; ..
- Definition and spatial location of mouse interleukin-2 residues that interact with its heterotrimeric receptorS M Zurawski
DNAX Research Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1104
EMBO J 12:5113-9. 1993..The relative spatial locations of these three surfaces are different from the two receptor binding sites known for the structurally related human growth hormone and the significance of this observation is discussed...
- Elf-1 contributes to the function of the complex interleukin (IL)-2-responsive enhancer in the mouse IL-2 receptor alpha geneI Serdobova
Lymphocyte Biology Unit, Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Epalinges, France
J Exp Med 185:1211-21. 1997....
- Genetic mapping of the interleukin 1 receptor alpha and beta chain genes in the mouseC A Kozak
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0460, USA
Mamm Genome 6:823-4. 1995
- Impaired IgG-dependent anaphylaxis and Arthus reaction in Fc gamma RIII (CD16) deficient miceW L Hazenbos
Department of Immunology, University Hospital Utrecht, The Netherlands
Immunity 5:181-8. 1996..These results indicate a prominent role for Fc gamma RIII in inflammatory and anaphylactic responses, making this receptor a potential target in immunotherapy...
- Induction of interleukin-2 receptor alpha (IL-2Ralpha) expression by interleukin-2: important role of the interleukin-2 receptor beta chain region between the two Stat5 docking sitesVeronique Imbert
Lymphocyte Biology Unit, ISREC 155 ch des Boveresses, CH 1006 Epalinges Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Cytokine Netw 13:331-9. 2002..These data suggest that the segment between the two Stat5 docking sites of the IL-2Rbeta chain mediates signaling events that, together with Stat5 activation, are essential for the stimulation of IL-2Ralpha gene transcription...
- STAT5 is required for thymopoiesis in a development stage-specific mannerJoonsoo Kang
Department of Pathology, Graduate Program in Immunology and Virology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Immunol 173:2307-14. 2004....
- BAFF binding to T cell-expressed BAFF-R costimulates T cell proliferation and alloresponsesQunrui Ye
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joseph Stokes Jr Research Institute and Biesecker Pediatric Liver Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Immunol 34:2750-9. 2004..Taken together, these data indicate the BAFF/BAFF-R pathway contributes to both T and B cell responses and may be an attractive target for control of acute and chronic allograft rejection...
- STAT4 is required for interleukin-12-induced chromatin remodeling of the CD25 locusAudrey O'Sullivan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7339-45. 2004..IL-12 stimulated increases in IL-2 receptor alpha chain gene (CD25) mRNA levels and surface expression require STAT4...
- Peyer's patch dendritic cells capturing oral antigen interact with antigen-specific T cells and induce gut-homing CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in Peyer's patchesKatsuya Nagatani
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1029:366-70. 2004..DCs that captured oral antigen interacted with these T cells in the IFR of PP. Some of these T cells acquired a similar phenotype to CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cells and CCR9(+) gut-homing T cells.
- The murine IL 2 receptor. I. Monoclonal antibodies that define distinct functional epitopes on activated T cells and react with activated B cellsG Ortega
J Immunol 133:1970-5. 1984..Collectively, the results support the hypothesis that these antibodies detect two distinct functional regions of the IL 2 receptor...
- IL-2 is not required for the initiation of CD8 T cell cycling but sustains expansionWarren N D'Souza
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Immunol 171:5727-35. 2003..Thus, activated CD8 T cells initially undergo IL-2-independent proliferation, but reach a critical juncture where the requirement for IL-2 as a growth factor gains prominence...
- Fas is not essential for lamina propria T lymphocyte homeostasisDavid L Boone
Department of Medicine, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Center, Committee on Immunology, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G382-8. 2003..Thus our studies reveal that Fas is dispensable for LP T cell homeostasis and suggest that the intestinal inflammation observed in IL2Ralpha-/- mice is independent of defective Fas-induced cell death...
- Definition of target antigens for naturally occurring CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cellsHiroyoshi Nishikawa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Exp Med 201:681-6. 2005The antigenic targets recognized by naturally occurring CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cells (T reg cells) have been elusive...
- An IL-4-independent and CD25-mediated function of c-maf in promoting the production of Th2 cytokinesEun Sook Hwang
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13026-30. 2002..Here, we provide evidence demonstrating that c-maf, independent of IL-4, is essential for normal induction of CD25 in developing Th2 cells...
- Mapping the gene for murine T-cell growth factor, Il-2, to bands B-C on chromosome 3 and for the alpha chain of the IL2-receptor, Il-2ra, to bands A2-A3 on chromosome 2G C Webb
Division of Clinical Sciences, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra
Cytogenet Cell Genet 54:164-8. 1990..The gene for the alpha chain of the IL2 receptor in the mouse, Il-2ra, localizes to bands 2A2 or 2A3 on Chromosome 2. This is the first assignment of a gene located on chromosome 10 in humans to Chromosome 2 in the mouse...
- Augmented Induction of CD4+CD25+ Treg using monoclonal antibodies to CD200RReginald M Gorczynski
The Toronto Hospital, University Health Network, and Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Canada
Transplantation 79:1180-3. 2005..of (interleukin [IL]-4+granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor) differentiate into dendritic cells (DCs), which induce CD4+CD25+ Treg. The effect of these mAbs on Treg induced in anti-CD3 activated thymocyte cultures is unknown.
- IL-2 receptor alpha chain (CD25, TAC) expression defines a crucial stage in pre-B cell developmentA Rolink
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Int Immunol 6:1257-64. 1994The analysis of the expression of the alpha chain of the IL-2 receptor (CD25, TAC) on the surface of B lineage cells in mouse bone marrow reveals that it is a useful marker to distinguish pre-B-I from pre-B-II cells...
- Impact of immunosuppressants on the therapeutic efficacy of in vitro-expanded CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells in allotransplantationDong Gyun Lim
Department of Surgery, Ulsan University College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Transplantation 89:928-36. 2010..Thus, it is important to know the effect of immunosuppressive agents on Treg cell therapy...
- Mice lacking glial fibrillary acidic protein display astrocytes devoid of intermediate filaments but develop and reproduce normallyM Pekny
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Goteborg, Sweden
EMBO J 14:1590-8. 1995..The GFAP-negative mice displayed post-traumatic reactive gliosis, which suggests that GFAP up-regulation, a hallmark of reactive gliosis, is not an obligatory requirement for this process...
- Perinatal lethality and blocked B-cell development in mice lacking the tyrosine kinase SykM Turner
National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Nature 378:298-302. 1995..Finally, we show that Syk is not required for signalling through the IL-2 and G-CSF receptors...
- CD4+ T cell regulation of CD25 expression controls development of short-lived effector CD8+ T cells in primary and secondary responsesJoshua J Obar
Department of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT 06030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:193-8. 2010..We found that expression of CD25 on antigen-specific CD8(+) T cells peaked 3-4 days after initial priming and was dependent on CD4(+) T cell help, ..
- Deletion of the mouse T-cell receptor beta gene enhancer blocks alphabeta T-cell developmentG Bouvier
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:7877-81. 1996..These data formally establish the critical role played by Ebeta in cis-activation of the TCR beta locus for V(D)J recombination during alphabeta T-cell development...
- Presence of functional mouse regulatory CD4+CD25+T cells in xenogeneic neonatal porcine thymus-grafted athymic miceZ Sun
Transplantation Biology Research Division, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Am J Transplant 6:2841-50. 2006..We herein demonstrated that efficient repopulation of mouse CD4+CD25+Treg cells was achieved in Balb/c nude mice by grafting neonatal porcine thymic tissue (NP THY)...
- The IL-2/CD25 pathway determines susceptibility to T1D in humans and NOD miceCalliope A Dendrou
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 OXY, UK
J Clin Immunol 28:685-96. 2008..pathway is necessary to discern the functional basis of the genetic association between the IL-2-IL-21 and IL-2RA/CD25 gene regions and T1D in humans...
- Stat5 is required for IL-2-induced cell cycle progression of peripheral T cellsR Moriggl
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Immunity 10:249-59. 1999..These phenotypes are not seen in mice lacking Stat5a or Stat5b alone. The results demonstrate that the Stat5 proteins, redundantly, are essential mediators of IL-2 signaling in T cells...
- Multiple gamma c-dependent cytokines regulate T-cell developmentT R Malek
Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
Immunol Today 20:71-6. 1999..Here, Thomas Malek and colleagues discuss the contribution of individual gamma c-dependent cytokines in both conventional and intraepithelial T-cell development...
- Role of TNF ligand and receptor family in the lymphoid organogenesis defined by gene targetingM Matsumoto
Division of Informative Cytology, University of Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 46:141-50. 1999....
- Quantitative trait loci affecting initial sensitivity and acute functional tolerance to ethanol-induced ataxia and brain cAMP signaling in BXD recombinant inbred miceShelli L Kirstein
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 302:1238-45. 2002..These results suggest that although ethanol sensitivity and cAMP signaling are determined by multiple genes, they may share certain genetic codetermination...
- Chromosomal mapping of osteopenia-associated quantitative trait loci using closely related mouse strainsH Benes
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
J Bone Miner Res 15:626-33. 2000..Such recurrent appearance of QTLs, especially in crosses involving distantly-related strains, implies that polymorphism at these loci may be favored by evolution and might underlie variation in peak bone density among humans...
- Foxp3+ CD25+ regulatory T cells specific for a neo-self-antigen develop at the double-positive thymic stageJulie Cabarrocas
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U563, Purpan Hospital, 31000 Toulouse, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8453-8. 2006Thymus-derived regulatory T cells (Tregs) expressing CD4, CD25, and the transcription factor Foxp3 play major roles in preventing autoimmunity...
- Targeting of CD25 and glucocorticoid-induced TNF receptor family-related gene-expressing T cells differentially modulates asthma risk in offspring of asthmatic and normal mother miceCedric Hubeau
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 178:1477-87. 2007..Neonatal pretreatment of naive pups with mAb directed against the IL-2Ralpha chain (CD25), the costimulatory molecule glucocorticoid-induced TNFR family related gene, and the inhibitory molecule CTLA-4 ..
- Cutting Edge: Anti-CD25 monoclonal antibody injection results in the functional inactivation, not depletion, of CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cellsAdam P Kohm
Department of Microbiology Immunology and the Interdepartmental Immunobiology Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Immunol 176:3301-5. 2006CD4+CD25+ T regulatory (T(R)) cells are an important regulatory component of the adaptive immune system that limit autoreactive T cell responses in various models of autoimmunity...
- Intestinal inflammation observed in IL-2R/IL-2 mutant mice is associated with impaired intestinal T lymphopoiesisP Poussier
Arthritis and Immune Disorder Research Centre, Toronto, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 118:880-91. 2000..This led us to reassess intraintestinal T lymphopoiesis in these 3 mutant strains...
- The basis for IL-2-induced IL-2 receptor alpha chain gene regulation: importance of two widely separated IL-2 response elementsH P Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 15:159-72. 2001..Thus, the IL-2 inducibility of the IL-2Ralpha gene is unexpectedly mediated by two widely separated regulatory Stat5-dependent elements, located both upstream and downstream of the transcription initiation sites...
- Immunoglobulin beta signaling regulates locus accessibility for ordered immunoglobulin gene rearrangementsK Maki
Department of Immunology, Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
J Exp Med 191:1333-40. 2000..Thus, the pre-BCR signaling through Igbeta appears to regulate the ordered Ig gene rearrangement by altering the Ig locus accessibility...
- Pervasive and stochastic changes in the TCR repertoire of regulatory T-cell-deficient miceLingjie Zheng
Department of Microbiology, Center for Immunity, Inflammation and Regenerative Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Int Immunol 20:517-23. 2008..Such changes were not observed with anti-CD3 mAb-treated B6 mice or B6 CD4+CD25- T cells. TCR transgenic (OT-II...
- Basal Ig Signaling and Receptor EditingMichael Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of T cell development by SOX13Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, the genetic program controlling T cell lineage commitment and maturation will be determined, allowing a better understanding of leukemogenesis. ..
- Targeting TLR/CLR to enhance immunoregulation and prevent or treat diabetes.Pascale Alard; Fiscal Year: 2007..Studies have shown that CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell function is reduced in NOD mice and diabetic patients...
- Mechanisms of CTLA-4 FunctionJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding these processes is critical for designing novel therapeutic approaches for vaccine development, autoimmune disease, and in transplant and tumor immunology. ..
- Regulation of T cell development by SOX13Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collectively, the genetic program controlling T cell lineage commitment and maturation will be determined, allowing a better understanding of leukemogenesis. ..
- Determination of Mechanism of T cell Lineage CommittmentJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term objective of this application is to identify genes that determine T cell lineage fate. ..
- The function of membrane vesiculation in CTLA-4-mediate*Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..To date there has been limited advancement on the ability to increase CTLA-4 function. The proposed model of CTLA-4 function would provide a novel means to increase CTLA-4-mediated inhibition in vivo. ..
- ITK: an emerging target for treatment of T cell-mediated autoimmune diseaseLeslie J Berg; Fiscal Year: 2011..A better understanding of this mechanism may provide opportunities to prevent the onset of autoimmune processes in susceptible individuals and to treat and cure patients with these diseases. ..