Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il27
Description: interleukin 27
Alias: IL-27, IL-27p28, Il30, p28, interleukin-27 subunit alpha, IL-27 p28 subunit, IL-27 subunit alpha, IL-27-A, IL27-A, interleukin 30
- Murugaiyan G, Mittal A, Weiner H. Identification of an IL-27/osteopontin axis in dendritic cells and its modulation by IFN-gamma limits IL-17-mediated autoimmune inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11495-500 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results identify a previously unknown pathway by which IFN-gamma limits IL-17-mediated autoimmune inflammation through differential regulation of OPN and IL-27 expression in DCs. ..
- Li J, Gran B, Zhang G, Rostami A, Kamoun M. IL-27 subunits and its receptor (WSX-1) mRNAs are markedly up-regulated in inflammatory cells in the CNS during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neurol Sci. 2005;232:3-9 pubmed..Our findings show that IL-27 EBI3 and p28 mRNA were up-regulated to a maximum level at the peak of disease in APC from the CNS and lymph nodes, but not in ..
- Huber M, Steinwald V, Guralnik A, Brüstle A, Kleemann P, Rosenplänter C, et al. IL-27 inhibits the development of regulatory T cells via STAT3. Int Immunol. 2008;20:223-34 pubmed..Thus, IL-27 and TGFbeta mutually control their effects on CD4+ T-cell differentiation, whereby IL-27 favours inflammatory conditions through a STAT3-dependent inhibition of Treg generation. ..
- Neufert C, Becker C, Wirtz S, Fantini M, Weigmann B, Galle P, et al. IL-27 controls the development of inducible regulatory T cells and Th17 cells via differential effects on STAT1. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1809-16 pubmed..Our data thus demonstrate that IL-27 controls the development of Th17 and iTreg cells via differential effects on STAT1. ..
- Pflanz S, Timans J, Cheung J, Rosales R, Kanzler H, Gilbert J, et al. IL-27, a heterodimeric cytokine composed of EBI3 and p28 protein, induces proliferation of naive CD4+ T cells. Immunity. 2002;16:779-90 pubmed..We describe a new heterodimeric cytokine termed IL-27 that consists of EBI3, an IL-12p40-related protein, and p28, a newly discovered IL-12p35-related polypeptide...
- Shimozato O, Sato A, Kawamura K, Chiyo M, Ma G, Li Q, et al. The secreted form of p28 subunit of interleukin (IL)-27 inhibits biological functions of IL-27 and suppresses anti-allogeneic immune responses. Immunology. 2009;128:e816-25 pubmed publisherInterleukin-27 (IL-27) is a new IL-12-related heterodimeric cytokine comprising a novel p28 molecule and the Epstein-Barr-virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3) molecules...
- Stumhofer J, Tait E, Quinn W, Hosken N, Spudy B, Goenka R, et al. A role for IL-27p28 as an antagonist of gp130-mediated signaling. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:1119-26 pubmed publisher..Notably, the IL-27 subunits p28 (IL-27p28) and EBI3 are not always expressed together, which suggests that they may have unique functions...
- Batten M, Kljavin N, Li J, Walter M, De Sauvage F, Ghilardi N. Cutting edge: IL-27 is a potent inducer of IL-10 but not FoxP3 in murine T cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:2752-6 pubmed..The data presented here indicate a novel mechanism for the induction of IL-10 expression by T cells and provide a mechanistic basis for the suppressive effects of IL-27. ..
- Kamiya S, Owaki T, Morishima N, Fukai F, Mizuguchi J, Yoshimoto T. An indispensable role for STAT1 in IL-27-induced T-bet expression but not proliferation of naive CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:3871-7 pubmed
- Scheller J, Schuster B, Holscher C, Yoshimoto T, Rose John S. No inhibition of IL-27 signaling by soluble gp130. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;326:724-8 pubmed..The novel heterodimeric cytokine IL-27 (p28/EBV-induced gene 3) has been shown to act via a heterodimeric receptor complex of gp130 and the WSX-1 receptor, and ..
- Molle C, Goldman M, Goriely S. Critical role of the IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 complex in TLR-mediated IL-27p28 gene expression revealing a two-step activation process. J Immunol. 2010;184:1784-92 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the complex molecular interplay between TLRs and type I IFNs for the control of IL-27 synthesis. ..
- Liu J, Guan X, Ma X. Regulation of IL-27 p28 gene expression in macrophages through MyD88- and interferon-gamma-mediated pathways. J Exp Med. 2007;204:141-52 pubmed..newest member of the IL-12 family of heterodimeric cytokines composed of the Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 and p28 chains...
- Kim G, Shinnakasu R, Saris C, Cheroutre H, Kronenberg M. A novel role for IL-27 in mediating the survival of activated mouse CD4 T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2013;190:1510-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that IL-27 has a crucial role in the inhibition of activation-induced cell death, thereby permitting Ag-driven T cell expansion. ..
- Hall A, Beiting D, Tato C, John B, Oldenhove G, Lombana C, et al. The cytokines interleukin 27 and interferon-? promote distinct Treg cell populations required to limit infection-induced pathology. Immunity. 2012;37:511-23 pubmed publisher..Transfer of Treg cells ameliorated the infection-induced pathology observed in Il27(-/-) mice, and this was dependent on their ability to produce IL-10...
- Batten M, Li J, Yi S, Kljavin N, Danilenko D, Lucas S, et al. Interleukin 27 limits autoimmune encephalomyelitis by suppressing the development of interleukin 17-producing T cells. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:929-36 pubmed..Finally, IL-27 suppressed IL-6-mediated T cell proliferation. These data provide a mechanistic explanation for the IL-27-mediated immune suppression noted in several in vivo models of inflammation. ..
- Sun J, Dodd H, Moser E, Sharma R, Braciale T. CD4+ T cell help and innate-derived IL-27 induce Blimp-1-dependent IL-10 production by antiviral CTLs. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:327-34 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unrecognized pathway that coordinates signals derived from innate and helper T cells to control the production of a regulatory cytokine by CTLs during acute viral infection. ..
- Iyer S, Ghaffari A, Cheng G. Lipopolysaccharide-mediated IL-10 transcriptional regulation requires sequential induction of type I IFNs and IL-27 in macrophages. J Immunol. 2010;185:6599-607 pubmed publisher..Finally, through systematic functional promoter-reporter analysis, we identify three cis elements within the proximal IL-10 promoter that play an important role in regulating transcription of IL-10 in response to IL-27. ..
- Yoshimoto T, Morishima N, Mizoguchi I, Shimizu M, Nagai H, Oniki S, et al. Antiproliferative activity of IL-27 on melanoma. J Immunol. 2008;180:6527-35 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-27 has an antiproliferative activity on melanomas through WSX-1/STAT1 signaling. Thus, IL-27 may be an attractive candidate as an antitumor agent applicable to cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Awasthi A, Carrier Y, Peron J, Bettelli E, Kamanaka M, Flavell R, et al. A dominant function for interleukin 27 in generating interleukin 10-producing anti-inflammatory T cells. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1380-9 pubmed..Thus, IL-27 and transforming growth factor-beta promote the generation of IL-10-producing Tr1 cells. ..
- Kim H, Go H, Akira S, Chung D. TLR2-mediated production of IL-27 and chemokines by respiratory epithelial cells promotes bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice. J Immunol. 2011;187:4007-17 pubmed publisher..TLR2 signaling promotes BIPF by inducing IL-27 and chemokine production by respiratory epithelial cells, thereby inhibiting IL-17 production and recruiting inflammatory cells into the lungs. ..
- Salcedo R, Stauffer J, Lincoln E, Back T, Hixon J, Hahn C, et al. IL-27 mediates complete regression of orthotopic primary and metastatic murine neuroblastoma tumors: role for CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:7170-82 pubmed..Collectively, these studies suggest that IL-27 could be used therapeutically to potentiate the host antitumor immune response in patients with malignancy. ..
- Shimizu M, Shimamura M, Owaki T, Asakawa M, Fujita K, Kudo M, et al. Antiangiogenic and antitumor activities of IL-27. J Immunol. 2006;176:7317-24 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-27 possesses potent antiangiogenic activity, which plays an important role in its antitumor and antimetastatic activities. ..
- Yoshimoto T, Okada K, Morishima N, Kamiya S, Owaki T, Asakawa M, et al. Induction of IgG2a class switching in B cells by IL-27. J Immunol. 2004;173:2479-85 pubmed..Thus, IL-27 may be a novel attractive candidate as a therapeutic agent against diseases such as allergic disorders by not only regulating Th1 differentiation but also directly acting on B cells and inducing IgG2a class switching. ..
- Zhang J, Qian X, Ning H, Yang J, Xiong H, Liu J. Activation of IL-27 p28 gene transcription by interferon regulatory factor 8 in cooperation with interferon regulatory factor 1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21269-81 pubmed publisher..IL-27 consists of EBI3 (Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3) and p28 subunits...
- Lucas S, Ghilardi N, Li J, De Sauvage F. IL-27 regulates IL-12 responsiveness of naive CD4+ T cells through Stat1-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15047-52 pubmed..Therefore, although IL-27 is unable to drive IFN gamma production on its own, it plays an important role in the early steps of TH1 commitment by contributing in a paracrine manner to the control of IL-12 responsiveness. ..
- Cao Y, Doodes P, Glant T, Finnegan A. IL-27 induces a Th1 immune response and susceptibility to experimental arthritis. J Immunol. 2008;180:922-30 pubmed..Our results indicate that IL-27 is critically involved in the induction of inflammation in PGIA. IL-27 functions by inducing the differentiation of IFN-gamma-producing T cells in vivo that are essential for the development of arthritis. ..
- Hause L, Al Salleeh F, Petro T. Expression of IL-27 p28 by Theiler's virus-infected macrophages depends on TLR3 and TLR7 activation of JNK-MAP-kinases. Antiviral Res. 2007;76:159-67 pubmed..Because expression of IL-27, a macrophage cytokine composed of p28 and EBI3 subunits, has been implicated in DD, we examined IL-27 subunit mRNA expression during TMEV infection of ..
- Troy A, Zaph C, Du Y, Taylor B, Guild K, Hunter C, et al. IL-27 regulates homeostasis of the intestinal CD4+ effector T cell pool and limits intestinal inflammation in a murine model of colitis. J Immunol. 2009;183:2037-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data identify a role for IL-27-IL-27R interaction in controlling the homeostasis of the intestinal T cell pool and in limiting intestinal inflammation through regulation of innate and adaptive immune cell function. ..
- Fitzgerald D, Zhang G, El Behi M, Fonseca Kelly Z, Li H, Yu S, et al. Suppression of autoimmune inflammation of the central nervous system by interleukin 10 secreted by interleukin 27-stimulated T cells. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1372-9 pubmed..Our data show that IL-27-induced production of IL-10 by effector T cells contributes to the immunomodulatory function of IL-27. ..
- Takeda A, Hamano S, Yamanaka A, Hanada T, Ishibashi T, Mak T, et al. Cutting edge: role of IL-27/WSX-1 signaling for induction of T-bet through activation of STAT1 during initial Th1 commitment. J Immunol. 2003;170:4886-90 pubmed..Thus, during the initiation of Th1 differentiation, the IL-27/WSX-1 signaling system plays a pivotal role by STAT1-mediated T-bet induction before the IL-12R system. ..
- Ilarregui J, Croci D, Bianco G, Toscano M, Salatino M, Vermeulen M, et al. Tolerogenic signals delivered by dendritic cells to T cells through a galectin-1-driven immunoregulatory circuit involving interleukin 27 and interleukin 10. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:981-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a tolerogenic circuit linking galectin-1 signaling, IL-27-producing DCs and IL-10-secreting T cells, which has broad therapeutic implications in immunopathology. ..
- Yoshimura T, Takeda A, Hamano S, Miyazaki Y, Kinjyo I, Ishibashi T, et al. Two-sided roles of IL-27: induction of Th1 differentiation on naive CD4+ T cells versus suppression of proinflammatory cytokine production including IL-23-induced IL-17 on activated CD4+ T cells partially through STAT3-dependent mechanism. J Immunol. 2006;177:5377-85 pubmed..These data indicated that the preferential activation of STAT3 in fully activated CD4+ T cells plays an important role in the cytokine suppression by IL-27/WSX-1. ..
- Stumhofer J, Laurence A, Wilson E, Huang E, Tato C, Johnson L, et al. Interleukin 27 negatively regulates the development of interleukin 17-producing T helper cells during chronic inflammation of the central nervous system. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:937-45 pubmed..Thus IL-27, a potent inhibitor of T(H)-17 cell development, may be a useful target for treating inflammatory diseases mediated by these cells. ..
- Owaki T, Asakawa M, Kamiya S, Takeda K, Fukai F, Mizuguchi J, et al. IL-27 suppresses CD28-mediated [correction of medicated] IL-2 production through suppressor of cytokine signaling 3. J Immunol. 2006;176:2773-80 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-27 inhibits CD28-mediated IL-2 production and also IL-2 responses, and that SOCS3, whose expression is induced by IL-27, plays a critical role in the inhibitory effect in a negative feedback mechanism. ..
- Furusawa J, Mizoguchi I, Chiba Y, Hisada M, Kobayashi F, Yoshida H, et al. Promotion of Expansion and Differentiation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells by Interleukin-27 into Myeloid Progenitors to Control Infection in Emergency Myelopoiesis. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005507 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-27 is one of the limited unique cytokines directly acting on HSCs to promote differentiation into myeloid progenitors during emergency myelopoiesis. ..
- McNab F, Ewbank J, Howes A, Moreira Teixeira L, Martirosyan A, Ghilardi N, et al. Type I IFN induces IL-10 production in an IL-27-independent manner and blocks responsiveness to IFN-Î³ for production of IL-12 and bacterial killing in Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophages. J Immunol. 2014;193:3600-12 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis killing. These findings describe important mechanisms by which type I IFN inhibits the immune response during tuberculosis. ..
- van Leeuwen M, Costes L, van Berkel L, Simons Oosterhuis Y, du PrÃ© M, Kozijn A, et al. Macrophage-mediated gliadin degradation and concomitant IL-27 production drive IL-10- and IFN-Î³-secreting Tr1-like-cell differentiation in a murine model for gluten tolerance. Mucosal Immunol. 2017;10:635-649 pubmed publisher..Our data infer that endopeptidase mediated gliadin degradation by macrophages and concomitant IL-27 production drive differentiation of splenic gliadin-specific Tr1-like cells. ..
- Siegemund S, Schütze N, Freudenberg M, Lutz M, Straubinger R, Alber G. Production of IL-12, IL-23 and IL-27p28 by bone marrow-derived conventional dendritic cells rather than macrophages after LPS/TLR4-dependent induction by Salmonella Enteritidis. Immunobiology. 2007;212:739-50 pubmed..Taken together, our results point to cDC rather than MPhi as the major producers of the IL-12 family members during in vitro infection with SE. The mechanisms of recognition of SE, however, appear to be the same for cDC and MPhi. ..
- Kraft J, Horzempa J, Davis C, Jung J, Pena M, Robinson C. Neonatal macrophages express elevated levels of interleukin-27 that oppose immune responses. Immunology. 2013;139:484-93 pubmed publisher..This suggests that blocking IL-27 during vaccination and infection may improve immune responses in newborn and infant populations. Furthermore, mice will be a suitable model system to further address these possibilities. ..
- Nam H, Ferguson B, Stephens J, Morrison R. Modulation of IL-27 in adipocytes during inflammatory stress. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2016;24:157-66 pubmed publisher..These findings support the premise of autocrine/paracrine mechanisms involving IL-27 in ADs under conditions of inflammatory stress that may link obesity with inflammatory diseases. ..
- Goldberg R, Zohar Y, Wildbaum G, Geron Y, Maor G, Karin N. Suppression of ongoing experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by neutralizing the function of the p28 subunit of IL-27. J Immunol. 2004;173:6465-71 pubmed..member of the long-chain, four-helix bundle cytokines, which consist of EBI3, an IL-12p40-related protein, and p28, an IL-12p35-related polypeptide...
- Liao J, Jijon H, Kim I, Goel G, Doan A, Sokol H, et al. An image-based genetic assay identifies genes in T1D susceptibility loci controlling cellular antiviral immunity in mouse. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108777 pubmed publisher..Of the 14 candidates identified with high confidence, two candidates were selected for further investigation, Il27 and Tagap...
- Wu C, Pot C, Apetoh L, Thalhamer T, Zhu B, Murugaiyan G, et al. Metallothioneins negatively regulate IL-27-induced type 1 regulatory T-cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7802-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, activation of STAT1 and/or STAT3 can overcome the suppression of IL-10 by MTs, indicating a dynamic balance between STATs and MTs in regulating IL-10 during Tr1 cell differentiation. ..
- Natividad K, Junankar S, Mohd Redzwan N, Nair R, Wirasinha R, King C, et al. Interleukin-27 signaling promotes immunity against endogenously arising murine tumors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57469 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to show that IL-27 promotes protective immune responses against endogenous tumors, which is critical as the basis for future development of an IL-27 based therapeutic agent. ..
- Zhu C, Sakuishi K, Xiao S, Sun Z, Zaghouani S, Gu G, et al. An IL-27/NFIL3 signalling axis drives Tim-3 and IL-10 expression and T-cell dysfunction. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6072 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data identify an IL-27/NFIL3 signalling axis as a key regulator of effector T-cell responses via induction of Tim-3, IL-10 and T-cell dysfunction. ..
- Tanaka T, Obana M, Mohri T, Ebara M, Otani Y, Maeda M, et al. Interleukin-27 induces the endothelial differentiation in Sca-1+ cardiac resident stem cells. Cytokine. 2015;75:365-72 pubmed publisher..IL-27 could not only regulate the inflammation but also contribute to the maintenance of the tissue homeostasis through stem cell differentiation at inflammatory sites. ..
- Zhang J, Liu X, Huang N, Hu Z, Wu W, Teng X, et al. Soluble expression and purification of the functional interleukin-30 protein in Escherichia coli. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2016;46:539-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this method of express and purifying IL-30 provides novel procedures to facilitate structural and functions studies of IL-30. ..
- Shiokawa A, Tanabe K, Tsuji N, Sato R, Hachimura S. IL-10 and IL-27 producing dendritic cells capable of enhancing IL-10 production of T cells are induced in oral tolerance. Immunol Lett. 2009;125:7-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-10 and IL-27 producing DC are increased by interaction with antigen specific T cells in PP, and these DC act as an inducer of IL-10 producing T cells in oral tolerance. ..
- Zhang J, Qian X, Ning H, Eickhoff C, Hoft D, Liu J. Transcriptional suppression of IL-27 production by Mycobacterium tuberculosis-activated p38 MAPK via inhibition of AP-1 binding. J Immunol. 2011;186:5885-95 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis lysates could activate IL-27 expression in human and mouse macrophages by induction of p28 subunit transcription. However, in parallel with these effects, BCG and M...
- Hooper K, Yen J, Kong W, Rahbari K, Kuo P, Gamero A, et al. Prostaglandin E2 Inhibition of IL-27 Production in Murine Dendritic Cells: A Novel Mechanism That Involves IRF1. J Immunol. 2017;198:1521-1530 pubmed publisher..EP2/EP4â†’induction of cAMPâ†’downregulation of IFN regulatory factor 1 expression and binding to the p28 IFN-stimulated response element site...
- Kimura D, Miyakoda M, Kimura K, Honma K, Hara H, Yoshida H, et al. Interleukin-27-Producing CD4(+) T Cells Regulate Protective Immunity during Malaria Parasite Infection. Immunity. 2016;44:672-682 pubmed publisher..This study highlights a unique population of IL-27 producing regulatory CD4(+) T cells and their critical role in the regulation of the protective immune response against malaria parasites. ..
- Dibra D, Cutrera J, Xia X, Birkenbach M, Li S. Expression of WSX1 in tumors sensitizes IL-27 signaling-independent natural killer cell surveillance. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5505-13 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an IL-27-independent function of WSX1: sensitizing NK cell-mediated antitumor surveillance via a NKG2D-dependent mechanism. ..
- Owaki T, Asakawa M, Morishima N, Mizoguchi I, Fukai F, Takeda K, et al. STAT3 is indispensable to IL-27-mediated cell proliferation but not to IL-27-induced Th1 differentiation and suppression of proinflammatory cytokine production. J Immunol. 2008;180:2903-11 pubmed..Thus, IL-27 may be a cytokine, which activates both STAT1 and STAT3 through distinct receptor subunits, WSX-1 and gp130, respectively, to mediate its individual immune functions. ..
- Yoshimoto T, Yoshimoto T, Yasuda K, Mizuguchi J, Nakanishi K. IL-27 suppresses Th2 cell development and Th2 cytokines production from polarized Th2 cells: a novel therapeutic way for Th2-mediated allergic inflammation. J Immunol. 2007;179:4415-23 pubmed..Thus, IL-27 could provide us with a novel therapeutic way for treating Th2-associated diseases such as bronchial asthma. ..
- Zhang J, Tian H, Li C, Cheng L, Zhang S, Zhang X, et al. Antitumor effects obtained by autologous Lewis lung cancer cell vaccine engineered to secrete mouse interleukin 27 by means of cationic liposome. Mol Immunol. 2013;55:264-74 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that DOTAP:cholesterol cationic liposome was quite useful in generating an autologous tumor cell vaccine and mIL-27 could be therapeutically used to potentiate the host antitumor immunity. ..
- Liu G, Xu J, Wu H, Sun D, Zhang X, Zhu X, et al. IL-27 Signaling Is Crucial for Survival of Mice Infected with African Trypanosomes via Preventing Lethal Effects of CD4+ T Cells and IFN-Î³. PLoS Pathog. 2015;11:e1005065 pubmed publisher..These data are the first to demonstrate the essential role of IL-27 signaling in regulating immune responses to extracellular protozoan infections. ..
- Shibata S, Tada Y, Asano Y, Yanaba K, Sugaya M, Kadono T, et al. IL-27 activates Th1-mediated responses in imiquimod-induced psoriasis-like skin lesions. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:479-88 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that IL-27 would act in a proinflammatory manner, and thereby exacerbate the psoriasis-like skin inflammation induced by IMQ. ..
- Le Texier L, Thebault P, Carvalho Gaspar M, Vignard V, Merieau E, Usal C, et al. Immunoregulatory function of IL-27 and TGF-?1 in cardiac allograft transplantation. Transplantation. 2012;94:226-33 pubmed..We previously identified by DNA chip interleukin (IL)-27 p28 and transforming growth factor (TGF)-?1 as overexpressed in a model of rat cardiac allograft tolerance mediated by ..
- Tormo A, Beaupré L, Elson G, Crabé S, Gauchat J. A polyglutamic acid motif confers IL-27 hydroxyapatite and bone-binding properties. J Immunol. 2013;190:2931-7 pubmed publisherThe p28 subunit of the composite cytokine IL-27 comprises a polyglutamic acid domain, which is unique among type I cytokines...
- Schaper K, Kietzmann M, Baumer W. Sphingosine-1-phosphate differently regulates the cytokine production of IL-12, IL-23 and IL-27 in activated murine bone marrow derived dendritic cells. Mol Immunol. 2014;59:10-8 pubmed publisher..These data implicate, that S1P has an anti-inflammatory impact on the production of IL-12 family cytokines, indicating therapeutic potential for S1P treatment of several inflammatory diseases like psoriasis. ..
- Jirmo A, Daluege K, Happle C, Albrecht M, Dittrich A, Busse M, et al. IL-27 Is Essential for Suppression of Experimental Allergic Asthma by the TLR7/8 Agonist R848 (Resiquimod). J Immunol. 2016;197:4219-4227 pubmed..Taken together, our study proves that R848-mediated suppression of experimental asthma is dependent on IL-27. These data provide evidence of a central role of IL-27 for the control of Th2-mediated allergic diseases. ..
- Pennock N, Gapin L, Kedl R. IL-27 is required for shaping the magnitude, affinity distribution, and memory of T cells responding to subunit immunization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:16472-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data highlight the unexpected central importance of IL-27 in the generation of robust, high-affinity cellular immune responses to subunit immunization. ..
- Matta B, Raimondi G, Rosborough B, Sumpter T, Thomson A. IL-27 production and STAT3-dependent upregulation of B7-H1 mediate immune regulatory functions of liver plasmacytoid dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2012;188:5227-37 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IL-27 signaling in pDCs promotes their immunoregulatory function and that IL-27 produced by pDCs contributes to their capacity to regulate immune responses in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Bosmann M, Haggadone M, Hemmila M, Zetoune F, Sarma J, Ward P. Complement activation product C5a is a selective suppressor of TLR4-induced, but not TLR3-induced, production of IL-27(p28) from macrophages. J Immunol. 2012;188:5086-93 pubmed publisher..IL-27(p28/EBI3) is an emerging key player essential for regulating inflammatory responses and T cells...
- Marillier R, Uyttenhove C, Goriely S, Marbaix E, Van Snick J. IL-27p28 is essential for parent-to-F1 acute graft-versus-host disease. Eur J Immunol. 2014;44:2064-73 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that IL-27 plays a critical role in the parent-to-F1 model of aGVHD and that blocking IL-27 could have therapeutic relevance. ..