Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il27
Description: interleukin 27
Alias: IL-27, IL-27p28, Il30, p28, IL-27 p28 subunit, IL-27 subunit alpha, IL-27-A, IL27-A, interleukin 30, interleukin-27 subunit alpha
- Interleukin 27 induces differentiation of neural C6-precursor cells into astrocytesManuel Koch
Biochemisches Institut, Christian Albrechts Universitat, Kiel, Olshausenstrasse 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:483-7. 2007..Interleukin 27 (IL27) is a recently identified member of this family and has been implicated in the inhibition of TH17 T-cell-responses...
- Cutting edge: IL-27 is a potent inducer of IL-10 but not FoxP3 in murine T cellsMarcel Batten
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Immunol 180:2752-6. 2008..The data presented here indicate a novel mechanism for the induction of IL-10 expression by T cells and provide a mechanistic basis for the suppressive effects of IL-27...
- Interleukin 27 negatively regulates the development of interleukin 17-producing T helper cells during chronic inflammation of the central nervous systemJason S Stumhofer
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6008, USA
Nat Immunol 7:937-45. 2006..Thus IL-27, a potent inhibitor of T(H)-17 cell development, may be a useful target for treating inflammatory diseases mediated by these cells...
- IL-27, a heterodimeric cytokine composed of EBI3 and p28 protein, induces proliferation of naive CD4(+) T cellsStefan Pflanz
DNAX Research Institute, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Immunity 16:779-90. 2002..We describe a new heterodimeric cytokine termed IL-27 that consists of EBI3, an IL-12p40-related protein, and p28, a newly discovered IL-12p35-related polypeptide...
- Suppression of autoimmune inflammation of the central nervous system by interleukin 10 secreted by interleukin 27-stimulated T cellsDenise C Fitzgerald
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Nat Immunol 8:1372-9. 2007..Our data show that IL-27-induced production of IL-10 by effector T cells contributes to the immunomodulatory function of IL-27...
- IL-27 inhibits the development of regulatory T cells via STAT3Magdalena Huber
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Universitat Marburg, Hans Meerwein Strasse 2, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Int Immunol 20:223-34. 2008..Thus, IL-27 and TGFbeta mutually control their effects on CD4+ T-cell differentiation, whereby IL-27 favours inflammatory conditions through a STAT3-dependent inhibition of Treg generation...
- The IL-27 p28 subunit binds cytokine-like factor 1 to form a cytokine regulating NK and T cell activities requiring IL-6R for signalingSandrine Crabé
Departement de Pharmacologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Immunol 183:7692-702. 2009IL-27 is formed by the association of a cytokine subunit, p28, with the soluble cytokine receptor EBV-induced gene 3 (EBI3). The IL-27R comprises gp130 and WSX-1...
- IL-27 regulates homeostasis of the intestinal CD4+ effector T cell pool and limits intestinal inflammation in a murine model of colitisAmy E Troy
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 183:2037-44. 2009..Collectively, these data identify a role for IL-27-IL-27R interaction in controlling the homeostasis of the intestinal T cell pool and in limiting intestinal inflammation through regulation of innate and adaptive immune cell function...
- A dominant function for interleukin 27 in generating interleukin 10-producing anti-inflammatory T cellsAmit Awasthi
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Immunol 8:1380-9. 2007..Thus, IL-27 and transforming growth factor-beta promote the generation of IL-10-producing Tr1 cells...
- Two-sided roles of IL-27: induction of Th1 differentiation on naive CD4+ T cells versus suppression of proinflammatory cytokine production including IL-23-induced IL-17 on activated CD4+ T cells partially through STAT3-dependent mechanismTakeru Yoshimura
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation and Department of Opthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 177:5377-85. 2006..These data indicated that the preferential activation of STAT3 in fully activated CD4+ T cells plays an important role in the cytokine suppression by IL-27/WSX-1...
- Interleukin 27 limits autoimmune encephalomyelitis by suppressing the development of interleukin 17-producing T cellsMarcel Batten
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nat Immunol 7:929-36. 2006..Finally, IL-27 suppressed IL-6-mediated T cell proliferation. These data provide a mechanistic explanation for the IL-27-mediated immune suppression noted in several in vivo models of inflammation...
- IL-27 induces a Th1 immune response and susceptibility to experimental arthritisYanxia Cao
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 180:922-30. 2008..Our results indicate that IL-27 is critically involved in the induction of inflammation in PGIA. IL-27 functions by inducing the differentiation of IFN-gamma-producing T cells in vivo that are essential for the development of arthritis...
- Antiangiogenic and antitumor activities of IL-27Motomu Shimizu
Medical R and D Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Japan
J Immunol 176:7317-24. 2006..These results suggest that IL-27 possesses potent antiangiogenic activity, which plays an important role in its antitumor and antimetastatic activities...
- IL-27 controls the development of inducible regulatory T cells and Th17 cells via differential effects on STAT1Clemens Neufert
Laboratory of Immunology, I Medical Clinic, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Immunol 37:1809-16. 2007..Our data thus demonstrate that IL-27 controls the development of Th17 and iTreg cells via differential effects on STAT1...
- An indispensable role for STAT1 in IL-27-induced T-bet expression but not proliferation of naive CD4+ T cellsSadahiro Kamiya
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
J Immunol 173:3871-7. 2004....
- IL-27 suppresses CD28-mediated [correction of medicated] IL-2 production through suppressor of cytokine signaling 3Toshiyuki Owaki
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 176:2773-80. 2006..These results suggest that IL-27 inhibits CD28-mediated IL-2 production and also IL-2 responses, and that SOCS3, whose expression is induced by IL-27, plays a critical role in the inhibitory effect in a negative feedback mechanism...
- IL-27 subunits and its receptor (WSX-1) mRNAs are markedly up-regulated in inflammatory cells in the CNS during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisJifen Li
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Neurol Sci 232:3-9. 2005..Our findings show that IL-27 EBI3 and p28 mRNA were up-regulated to a maximum level at the peak of disease in APC from the CNS and lymph nodes, but not in ..
- Induction of IgG2a class switching in B cells by IL-27Takayuki Yoshimoto
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 173:2479-85. 2004..Thus, IL-27 may be a novel attractive candidate as a therapeutic agent against diseases such as allergic disorders by not only regulating Th1 differentiation but also directly acting on B cells and inducing IgG2a class switching...
- No inhibition of IL-27 signaling by soluble gp130Jürgen Scheller
Institut fur Biochemie, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Olshausenstr 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 326:724-8. 2005..The novel heterodimeric cytokine IL-27 (p28/EBV-induced gene 3) has been shown to act via a heterodimeric receptor complex of gp130 and the WSX-1 receptor, and ..
- IL-27 mediates complete regression of orthotopic primary and metastatic murine neuroblastoma tumors: role for CD8+ T cellsRosalba Salcedo
Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute Center for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 173:7170-82. 2004..Collectively, these studies suggest that IL-27 could be used therapeutically to potentiate the host antitumor immune response in patients with malignancy...
- IL-27 supports germinal center function by enhancing IL-21 production and the function of T follicular helper cellsMarcel Batten
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, Sydney NSW 2010, Australia
J Exp Med 207:2895-906. 2010..Together, our data show a nonredundant role for IL-27 in the development of T cell-dependent antibody responses...
- Tolerogenic signals delivered by dendritic cells to T cells through a galectin-1-driven immunoregulatory circuit involving interleukin 27 and interleukin 10Juan M Ilarregui
Laboratorio de Inmunopatología, Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nat Immunol 10:981-91. 2009..Our findings identify a tolerogenic circuit linking galectin-1 signaling, IL-27-producing DCs and IL-10-secreting T cells, which has broad therapeutic implications in immunopathology...
- Distinct response of liver myeloid dendritic cells to endotoxin is mediated by IL-27Yun Chen
Department of Immunology, Learner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Hepatol 51:510-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate liver DC response to LPS stimulation...
- Retinal cells suppress intraocular inflammation (uveitis) through production of interleukin-27 and interleukin-10Yun Sang Lee
Molecular Immunology Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1857, USA
Immunology 132:492-502. 2011..Targeted delivery of IL-27 into immune privileged tissues of the CNS may therefore be beneficial in the treatment of CNS inflammatory diseases, such as uveitis and multiple sclerosis...
- The secreted form of p28 subunit of interleukin (IL)-27 inhibits biological functions of IL-27 and suppresses anti-allogeneic immune responsesOsamu Shimozato
Division of Pathology, Chiba Cancer Centre Research Institute, Nitona, Chiba, Japan
Immunology 128:e816-25. 2009Interleukin-27 (IL-27) is a new IL-12-related heterodimeric cytokine comprising a novel p28 molecule and the Epstein-Barr-virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3) molecules...
- Transcriptional suppression of IL-27 production by Mycobacterium tuberculosis-activated p38 MAPK via inhibition of AP-1 bindingJidong Zhang
Division of Infectious Diseases, Allergy, and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Immunol 186:5885-95. 2011..tuberculosis lysates could activate IL-27 expression in human and mouse macrophages by induction of p28 subunit transcription. However, in parallel with these effects, BCG and M...
- Cutting edge: IL-27 induces the transcription factor c-Maf, cytokine IL-21, and the costimulatory receptor ICOS that coordinately act together to promote differentiation of IL-10-producing Tr1 cellsCaroline Pot
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 183:797-801. 2009..ICOS further promotes IL-27-driven Tr1 cells. Each of those elements is essential, because loss of c-Maf, IL-21-signaling, or ICOS decreases the frequency of IL-27-induced differentiation of IL-10-producing Tr1 cells...
- TLR2-mediated production of IL-27 and chemokines by respiratory epithelial cells promotes bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in miceHye Sung Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Immunol 187:4007-17. 2011..TLR2 signaling promotes BIPF by inducing IL-27 and chemokine production by respiratory epithelial cells, thereby inhibiting IL-17 production and recruiting inflammatory cells into the lungs...
- [Expression of EBI3 and p28 mRNA in the brain and spinal cord of chronic model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57BL/6J mice]Jin jin Yan
Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 33:1028-36. 2008To investigate the expression of EBI3 and p28 mRNA (the 2 subunits of IL-27) in the brain and spinal cord of the model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), and to explore their effect on EAE.
- IL-27 regulates IL-10 and IL-17 from CD4+ cells in nonhealing Leishmania major infectionCharles F Anderson
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 183:4619-27. 2009..The results demonstrate the pleiotropic effects that IL-27 has on L. major-driven Th1, Th2, and Th17 development, and reinforce its function as a key regulatory cytokine that controls the balance between immunity and pathology...
- A role for IL-27p28 as an antagonist of gp130-mediated signalingJason S Stumhofer
University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nat Immunol 11:1119-26. 2010..Notably, the IL-27 subunits p28 (IL-27p28) and EBI3 are not always expressed together, which suggests that they may have unique functions...
- Dynamic DNA methylation patterns across the mouse and human IL10 genes during CD4+ T cell activation; influence of IL-27Christian M Hedrich
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, N Wolfe Street, E5410, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Immunol 48:73-81. 2010....
- Identification of an IL-27/osteopontin axis in dendritic cells and its modulation by IFN-gamma limits IL-17-mediated autoimmune inflammationGopal Murugaiyan
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11495-500. 2010..Thus, our results identify a previously unknown pathway by which IFN-gamma limits IL-17-mediated autoimmune inflammation through differential regulation of OPN and IL-27 expression in DCs...
- IL-27 inhibits OSM-mediated TNF-alpha and iNOS gene expression in microgliaBrandi J Baker
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Glia 58:1082-93. 2010..These studies are the first to demonstrate the proinflammatory effects of OSM in microglia, and also identify IL-27 as a novel inhibitor of inflammatory processes in these cells...
- Lipopolysaccharide-mediated IL-10 transcriptional regulation requires sequential induction of type I IFNs and IL-27 in macrophagesShankar Subramanian Iyer
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Immunol 185:6599-607. 2010..Finally, through systematic functional promoter-reporter analysis, we identify three cis elements within the proximal IL-10 promoter that play an important role in regulating transcription of IL-10 in response to IL-27...
- Activation of IL-27 p28 gene transcription by interferon regulatory factor 8 in cooperation with interferon regulatory factor 1Jidong Zhang
Division of Immunobiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21269-81. 2010..IL-27 consists of EBI3 (Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3) and p28 subunits...
- Cooperative interactions between TLR4 and TLR9 regulate interleukin 23 and 17 production in a murine model of gram negative bacterial pneumoniaUrvashi Bhan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9896. 2010..In conclusion, our studies indicate that TLR4 and TLR9 have both non-redundant and cooperative roles in lung innate responses during Gram-negative bacterial pneumonia and are both critical for IL-17 driven antibacterial host response...
- IL-12 and IL-27 sequential gene therapy via intramuscular electroporation delivery for eliminating distal aggressive tumorsShiguo Zhu
School of Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Immunol 184:2348-54. 2010..m. electroporation, provides a simple but effective approach for eliminating inaccessible residual tumors...
- IL-27/IFN-γ induce MyD88-dependent steroid-resistant airway hyperresponsiveness by inhibiting glucocorticoid signaling in macrophagesJing Jing Li
Centre for Asthma and Respiratory Disease, University of Newcastle and Hunter Medical Research Institute, Callaghan, New South Wales, Australia
J Immunol 185:4401-9. 2010....
- Critical role of the IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 complex in TLR-mediated IL-27p28 gene expression revealing a two-step activation processCéline Molle
Institute for Medical Immunology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 184:1784-92. 2010..These results highlight the complex molecular interplay between TLRs and type I IFNs for the control of IL-27 synthesis...
- IL-27 structural analysis demonstrates similarities with ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) and leads to the identification of antagonistic variantsFrancois Rousseau
Unité Mixte Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale 564, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers, 49033 Angers, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19420-5. 2010..structural proximities with the ciliary neurotrophic factor group of cytokines and highlighted the contribution of p28 Trp(97), as well as of EBI3 Phe(97), Asp(210), and Glu(159), as key residues in the interactions between both ..
- Antiproliferative activity of IL-27 on melanomaTakayuki Yoshimoto
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 180:6527-35. 2008..These results suggest that IL-27 has an antiproliferative activity on melanomas through WSX-1/STAT1 signaling. Thus, IL-27 may be an attractive candidate as an antitumor agent applicable to cancer immunotherapy...
- Immune regulation at the interface during early steps of murine implantation: involvement of two new cytokines of the IL-12 family (IL-23 and IL-27) and of TWEAKAnne Elisabeth Mas
Unité 782 INSERM, Hôpital Antoine Béclére AP HP 92141 Clamart, France
Am J Reprod Immunol 59:323-38. 2008..We therefore searched for regulators of the IL-12/IL-18 family of cytokines as well as for antagonist(s) of TNF with potentially selective effects on implantation...
- IL-27 induces Th1 differentiation via p38 MAPK/T-bet- and intercellular adhesion molecule-1/LFA-1/ERK1/2-dependent pathwaysToshiyuki Owaki
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, 6 1 1 Shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8402, Japan
J Immunol 177:7579-87. 2006..This is in contrast to IL-12, which induces it via only p38 MAPK/T-bet-dependent pathway...
- Regulation of IL-27p28 gene by lipopolysaccharide in dendritic DC2.4 cellsMaki Kamakura
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Medical Research Center, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:1372-7. 2006..4 cells with or without lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-treatment. The results indicate that a region (-648 to -364) of p28 promoter was responsible for LPS-induction...
- Protection from lethal septic peritonitis by neutralizing the biological function of interleukin 27Stefan Wirtz
Laboratory of Immunology, I Medical Clinic, University of Mainz, 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Exp Med 203:1875-81. 2006..Collectively, these data identify IL-27 as a key negative regulator of innate immune cell function in septic peritonitis. Furthermore, in vivo blockade of IL-27 is a novel potential therapeutic target for treatment of sepsis...
- Suppression of ongoing experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by neutralizing the function of the p28 subunit of IL-27Ruth Goldberg
Department of Immunology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Immunol 173:6465-71. 2004..member of the long-chain, four-helix bundle cytokines, which consist of EBI3, an IL-12p40-related protein, and p28, an IL-12p35-related polypeptide...
- A role for IL-27 in early regulation of Th1 differentiationToshiyuki Owaki
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
J Immunol 175:2191-200. 2005..Considering that IL-27 is produced from macrophages and DCs earlier than IL-12, the present results suggest that IL-27 may play a pivotal role in early efficient induction of Th1 differentiation until sufficient IL-12 is produced...
- Augmentation of effector CD8+ T cell generation with enhanced granzyme B expression by IL-27Noriko Morishima
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 175:1686-93. 2005..These results suggest that IL-27 directly acts on naive CD8+ T cells in T-bet-dependent and -independent manners and augments generation of CTL with enhanced granzyme B expression...
- Positive and negative regulation of the IL-27 receptor during lymphoid cell activationAlejandro V Villarino
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, and Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 174:7684-91. 2005....
- IL-27 signaling compromises control of bacterial growth in mycobacteria-infected miceJohn E Pearl
Trudeau Institute, Inc, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
J Immunol 173:7490-6. 2004..Because IFN-gamma is detrimental to the survival of effector T cells, we hypothesize that the reduced IFN-gamma within the IL-27R(-/-) lung is responsible for the increased accumulation of lymphocytes within the mycobacterial granuloma...
- New IL-6 (gp130) family cytokine members, CLC/NNT1/BSF3 and IL-27Masaaki Murakami
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Growth Factors 22:75-7. 2004
- IL-27 regulates IL-12 responsiveness of naive CD4+ T cells through Stat1-dependent and -independent mechanismsSophie Lucas
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:15047-52. 2003..Therefore, although IL-27 is unable to drive IFN gamma production on its own, it plays an important role in the early steps of TH1 commitment by contributing in a paracrine manner to the control of IL-12 responsiveness...
- Cutting edge: role of IL-27/WSX-1 signaling for induction of T-bet through activation of STAT1 during initial Th1 commitmentAtsunobu Takeda
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, and Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 170:4886-90. 2003..Thus, during the initiation of Th1 differentiation, the IL-27/WSX-1 signaling system plays a pivotal role by STAT1-mediated T-bet induction before the IL-12R system...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 regulates CD8 T-cell proliferation by inhibition of interleukins 6 and 27Christine Brender
Signal Transduction Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Blood 110:2528-36. 2007..We conclude that enhanced responses to TCR ligation by SOCS3-deficient CD8 T cells are not caused by aberrant TCR-signaling pathways but, rather, that increased IL-27 signaling drives unregulated proliferation in the absence of SOCS3...
- Suppressive effect of IL-27 on encephalitogenic Th17 cells and the effector phase of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisDenise C Fitzgerald
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, 900 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Immunol 179:3268-75. 2007..IL-27 can potently suppress the effector phase of EAE in vivo and, thus, may have therapeutic potential in autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis...
- IL-27 suppresses Th2 cell development and Th2 cytokines production from polarized Th2 cells: a novel therapeutic way for Th2-mediated allergic inflammationTomohiro Yoshimoto
Department of Immunology and Medical Zoology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
J Immunol 179:4415-23. 2007..Thus, IL-27 could provide us with a novel therapeutic way for treating Th2-associated diseases such as bronchial asthma...
- STAT3 is indispensable to IL-27-mediated cell proliferation but not to IL-27-induced Th1 differentiation and suppression of proinflammatory cytokine productionToshiyuki Owaki
Intractable Immune System Disease Research Center, Department of Immunology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 180:2903-11. 2008..Thus, IL-27 may be a cytokine, which activates both STAT1 and STAT3 through distinct receptor subunits, WSX-1 and gp130, respectively, to mediate its individual immune functions...
- Analysis of cytokine regulators inducing interferon production by mouse uterine natural killer cellsJ H Zhang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Biol Reprod 69:404-11. 2003..The four genes were induced by gd6, and uNK cells isolated from midgestation transcribed IL-23alpha and IL-27R. This study advances the understanding of uNK cell activation during normal pregnancy...
- Notch regulates IL-10 production by T helper 1 cellsSascha Rutz
Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3497-502. 2008..This pathway may provide unique opportunities for therapeutic intervention in Th1-driven immune diseases and for Th1-associated vaccination strategies...
- Expression of IL-27 p28 by Theiler's virus-infected macrophages depends on TLR3 and TLR7 activation of JNK-MAP-kinasesLara Hause
Department of Oral Biology and the Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Antiviral Res 76:159-67. 2007..Because expression of IL-27, a macrophage cytokine composed of p28 and EBI3 subunits, has been implicated in DD, we examined IL-27 subunit mRNA expression during TMEV infection of ..
- Cutting edge: a key pathogenic role of IL-27 in T cell- mediated hepatitisJuergen Siebler
First Department of Medicine, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Immunol 180:30-3. 2008..We found an up-regulation of hepatic EBI3 and p28 expression and augmented levels of IL-27 in wild-type mice after ConA administration, suggesting a potential ..
- The pathogenic role of interleukin-27 in autoimmune diabetesR Wang
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Taiping Road, No 27, Beijing 100850, China
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:3851-60. 2008..These results demonstrate a pathogenic role of IL-27 in T cell-mediated autoimmune diabetes...
- Regulation of IL-27 p28 gene expression in macrophages through MyD88- and interferon-gamma-mediated pathwaysJianguo Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 204:141-52. 2007..newest member of the IL-12 family of heterodimeric cytokines composed of the Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 and p28 chains...
- Expression of interleukins-23 and 27 leads to successful gene therapy of hepatocellular carcinomaPeng Hu
Institute for Viral Hepatitis, Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Education, Department of Infectious Diseases, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Mol Immunol 46:1654-62. 2009..Together our data suggest that IL-27 and IL-23 may be two novel and attractive candidate agents to apply to cancer immunotherapy...
- Adjuvant activities of novel cytokines, interleukin-23 (IL-23) and IL-27, for induction of hepatitis C virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in HLA-A*0201 transgenic miceMasanori Matsui
Department of Microbiology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
J Virol 78:9093-104. 2004..The two novel cytokines might offer new prophylactic and therapeutic strategies against infectious pathogens such as HCV...
- IL-27 blocks RORc expression to inhibit lineage commitment of Th17 cellsCaroline Diveu
Department of Immunology, Schering Plough Biopharma, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 182:5748-56. 2009..By generating mice deficient for the p28 subunit of IL-27, we showed that IL-27 regulated the severity of delayed-type hypersensitivity response and EAE ..
- IL-10 and IL-27 producing dendritic cells capable of enhancing IL-10 production of T cells are induced in oral toleranceAya Shiokawa
Research Center for Food Safety, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Immunol Lett 125:7-14. 2009..These results suggest that IL-10 and IL-27 producing DC are increased by interaction with antigen specific T cells in PP, and these DC act as an inducer of IL-10 producing T cells in oral tolerance...
- Production of IL-12, IL-23 and IL-27p28 by bone marrow-derived conventional dendritic cells rather than macrophages after LPS/TLR4-dependent induction by Salmonella EnteritidisSabine Siegemund
Institute of Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, An den Tierkliniken 11, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Immunobiology 212:739-50. 2007..Taken together, our results point to cDC rather than MPhi as the major producers of the IL-12 family members during in vitro infection with SE. The mechanisms of recognition of SE, however, appear to be the same for cDC and MPhi...
- Expression of WSX1 in tumors sensitizes IL-27 signaling-independent natural killer cell surveillanceDenada Dibra
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
Cancer Res 69:5505-13. 2009..Our results reveal an IL-27-independent function of WSX1: sensitizing NK cell-mediated antitumor surveillance via a NKG2D-dependent mechanism...