Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il1rap
Description: interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein
Alias: 6430709H04Rik, AI255955, AV239853, IL-1RAcP, interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein, IL-1 receptor accessory protein, interleukin-33 receptot beta chain
- Liu C, Chalmers D, Maki R, De Souza E. Rat homolog of mouse interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein: cloning, localization and modulation studies. J Neuroimmunol. 1996;66:41-8 pubmed..On the other hand, the presence of the IL-1RAcP in brain areas which show an absence of type I IL-1 receptors suggests additional functions for this protein in the rat. ..
- Hand N, Horner A, Master Z, Boateng L, Leguen C, Uvaydova M, et al. MicroRNA profiling identifies miR-29 as a regulator of disease-associated pathways in experimental biliary atresia. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2012;54:186-92 pubmed publisher..set of hepatic genes regulated by miR-29 and identified 2 mRNA targets of potential pathological relevance in experimental BA, Igf1 and Il1RAP. We have used reporter assays to confirm that Igf1 and Il1RAP are direct targets of miR-29.
- Laye S, Liège S, Li K, Moze E, Neveu P. Physiological significance of the interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2001;9:225-30 pubmedb>Interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein (IL-1RAcP) is an essential signal-transducing component of the IL-1 receptor type I. The recent availability of IL-1RAcP-deficient (KO) mice allows to study the in vivo function of IL-1RAcP...
- Lockett A, Goebl M, Harrington M. Transient membrane recruitment of IRAK-1 in response to LPS and IL-1beta requires TNF R1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C313-23 pubmed publisher..In the absence of TNF R1-dependent events, exposure to LPS or IL-1 leads to hyperactivation of the inflammatory response. ..
- Huang H, Chen H, Evankovich J, Yan W, Rosborough B, Nace G, et al. Histones activate the NLRP3 inflammasome in Kupffer cells during sterile inflammatory liver injury. J Immunol. 2013;191:2665-79 pubmed publisher..These novel findings illustrate a new mechanism by which extracellular histones and activation of NLRP3 inflammasome contribute to liver damage and the activation of innate immunity during sterile inflammation. ..
- Radons J, Gabler S, Wesche H, Korherr C, Hofmeister R, Falk W. Identification of essential regions in the cytoplasmic tail of interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein critical for interleukin-1 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16456-63 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that box 3 of IL-1RAcP is critical for IL-1-dependent NF-kappaB activation and stabilization of IL-2 mRNA via JNK, whereas aa 527-534 largely contribute to IL-2 promoter activation. ..
- Jensen L, Muzio M, Mantovani A, Whitehead A. IL-1 signaling cascade in liver cells and the involvement of a soluble form of the IL-1 receptor accessory protein. J Immunol. 2000;164:5277-86 pubmed..This suggests that sIL-1RAcP may act as an inhibitor of IL-1 by directly interacting with IL-1RI to abolish its capacity to transduce signal. ..
- Palmer G, Lipsky B, Smithgall M, Meininger D, Siu S, Talabot Ayer D, et al. The IL-1 receptor accessory protein (AcP) is required for IL-33 signaling and soluble AcP enhances the ability of soluble ST2 to inhibit IL-33. Cytokine. 2008;42:358-64 pubmed publisher..These observations identify AcP as a shared co-receptor within the IL-1 family that is essential for IL-33 signaling and suggest a novel role for sAcP in modulating the activity of IL-33. ..
- Radons J, Dove S, Neumann D, Altmann R, Botzki A, Martin M, et al. The interleukin 1 (IL-1) receptor accessory protein Toll/IL-1 receptor domain: analysis of putative interaction sites in vitro mutagenesis and molecular modeling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49145-53 pubmed
- Wesche H, Neumann D, Resch K, Martin M. Co-expression of mRNA for type I and type II interleukin-1 receptors and the IL-1 receptor accessory protein correlates to IL-1 responsiveness. FEBS Lett. 1996;391:104-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of the IL-1RAcP correlates with IL-1 responsiveness and they point to a pivotal role for the IL-1RAcP in IL-1 signal generation. ..
- Yoshida T, Shiroshima T, Lee S, Yasumura M, Uemura T, Chen X, et al. Interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein organizes neuronal synaptogenesis as a cell adhesion molecule. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2588-600 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-1RAcP represents an interesting molecular link between immune systems and synapse formation in the brain. ..
- Brikos C, Wait R, Begum S, O Neill L, Saklatvala J. Mass spectrometric analysis of the endogenous type I interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor signaling complex formed after IL-1 binding identifies IL-1RAcP, MyD88, and IRAK-4 as the stable components. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1551-9 pubmed..The only component of the IL-1RI signaling complex that dissociated is IRAK-1. Our study is therefore the first detailed description of the endogenous IL-1RI complex. ..
- Chackerian A, Oldham E, Murphy E, Schmitz J, Pflanz S, Kastelein R. IL-1 receptor accessory protein and ST2 comprise the IL-33 receptor complex. J Immunol. 2007;179:2551-5 pubmed..The implications of this shared usage of IL-1RAcP by IL-1(alpha and beta) and IL-33 are discussed. ..
- Thomas H, Irawaty W, Darwiche R, Brodnicki T, Santamaria P, Allison J, et al. IL-1 receptor deficiency slows progression to diabetes in the NOD mouse. Diabetes. 2004;53:113-21 pubmed..3 TCR transgenic NOD mice but prolonged the time to diabetes in BDC2.5 TCR transgenic NOD mice. We conclude that IL-1R deficiency slows progression to diabetes in NOD mice but on its own does not prevent diabetes. ..
- Andre R, Moggs J, Kimber I, Rothwell N, Pinteaux E. Gene regulation by IL-1beta independent of IL-1R1 in the mouse brain. Glia. 2006;53:477-83 pubmed..These results show that IL-1beta exclusively downregulates alpha-syntrophin expression independently of IL-1R1, and suggest the expression of additional functional IL-1 receptors in the CNS. ..
- Liang Y, Seymour R, Sundberg J. Inhibition of NF-?B signaling retards eosinophilic dermatitis in SHARPIN-deficient mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:141-9 pubmed publisher..Compound-null mutants for both the IL1 receptor accessory protein (Il1rap(tm1Roml)) and SHARPIN (Sharpin(cpdm)) resulted in mice having decreased skin disease severity...
- Boch J, Yoshida Y, Koyama Y, Wara aswapati N, Peng H, Unlu S, et al. Characterization of a cascade of protein interactions initiated at the IL-1 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:525-31 pubmed..A model is presented that reflects the specific molecular interactions responsible for recruiting signaling intermediates to the IL-1 receptor cytoplasmic domains. ..
- Orelio C, Haak E, Peeters M, Dzierzak E. Interleukin-1-mediated hematopoietic cell regulation in the aorta-gonad-mesonephros region of the mouse embryo. Blood. 2008;112:4895-904 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IL-1 is an important homeostatic regulator at the earliest time of HSC development, acting to limit the differentiation of some HSCs along the myeloid lineage...
- Rankin A, Mumm J, Murphy E, Turner S, Yu N, McClanahan T, et al. IL-33 induces IL-13-dependent cutaneous fibrosis. J Immunol. 2010;184:1526-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results identify IL-33 as a previously unrecognized profibrotic mediator in skin and highlight the cellular and molecular pathways by which this pathology develops. ..
- Parnet P, Garka K, Bonnert T, Dower S, Sims J. IL-1Rrp is a novel receptor-like molecule similar to the type I interleukin-1 receptor and its homologues T1/ST2 and IL-1R AcP. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3967-70 pubmed
- Davis C, Dunbrasky D, Oonk M, Taishi P, Opp M, Krueger J. The neuron-specific interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein is required for homeostatic sleep and sleep responses to influenza viral challenge in mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2015;47:35-43 pubmed publisher..Body temperature and locomotor activity responses after viral challenge were lower and mortality was higher in AcPbKO than in WT mice. We conclude that neuron-specific AcPb plays a critical role in host defenses and sleep homeostasis. ..
- Wolf G, Yirmiya R, Goshen I, Iverfeldt K, Holmlund L, Takeda K, et al. Impairment of interleukin-1 (IL-1) signaling reduces basal pain sensitivity in mice: genetic, pharmacological and developmental aspects. Pain. 2003;104:471-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that basal pain sensitivity is genetically, developmentally and tonically influenced by IL-1 signaling. ..
- Agerstam H, Hansen N, von Palffy S, Sandén C, Reckzeh K, Karlsson C, et al. IL1RAP antibodies block IL-1-induced expansion of candidate CML stem cells and mediate cell killing in xenograft models. Blood. 2016;128:2683-2693 pubmed..Interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP; IL1R3) is a coreceptor of interleukin-1 receptor type 1 and has been found upregulated on CML stem cells...