Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il17rb
Description: interleukin 17 receptor B
Alias: Evi27, IL-17ER, IL-17Rh1, IL17RH1, Il17br, interleukin-17 receptor B, IL-17 receptor B, IL-17 receptor homolog 1, IL-17B receptor, IL-17RB, ecotropic viral integration site 27, interleukin 17B receptor
- Han H, Thelen T, Comeau M, Ziegler S. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin-mediated epicutaneous inflammation promotes acute diarrhea and anaphylaxis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:5442-52 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a role for TSLP and IL-25 in the atopic march from skin sensitization to food allergic responses and provide a model system for the generation of potential therapeutic interventions. ..
- Tian E, Sawyer J, Largaespada D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Shaughnessy J. Evi27 encodes a novel membrane protein with homology to the IL17 receptor. Oncogene. 2000;19:2098-109 pubmedb>Evi27 is a common site of retroviral integration in BXH2 murine myeloid leukemias...
- Petersen B, Budelsky A, Baptist A, Schaller M, Lukacs N. Interleukin-25 induces type 2 cytokine production in a steroid-resistant interleukin-17RB+ myeloid population that exacerbates asthmatic pathology. Nat Med. 2012;18:751-8 pubmed publisher..b>Il17rb(-/-) mice showed reduced lung pathology after chronic allergen exposure and decreased type 2 cytokine production ..
- Kim B, Siracusa M, Saenz S, Noti M, Monticelli L, Sonnenberg G, et al. TSLP elicits IL-33-independent innate lymphoid cell responses to promote skin inflammation. Sci Transl Med. 2013;5:170ra16 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate an essential role for IL-33- and IL-25-independent group 2 ILCs in promoting skin inflammation. ..
- Reynolds J, Lee Y, Shi Y, Wang X, Angkasekwinai P, Nallaparaju K, et al. Interleukin-17B Antagonizes Interleukin-25-Mediated Mucosal Inflammation. Immunity. 2015;42:692-703 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IL-25 was found to promote IL-6 production from colon epithelial cells, which was inhibited by IL-17B. Therefore, our data demonstrate that IL-17B is an anti-inflammatory cytokine in the IL-17 family. ..
- Watarai H, Sekine Kondo E, Shigeura T, Motomura Y, Yasuda T, Satoh R, et al. Development and function of invariant natural killer T cells producing T(h)2- and T(h)17-cytokines. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001255 pubmed publisher..In this study we demonstrated that the IL-17RB?iNKT cell subsets develop distinct from classical iNKT cell developmental stages in the thymus and play important roles in the pathogenesis of airway diseases...
- Iijima K, Kobayashi T, Hara K, Kephart G, Ziegler S, McKenzie A, et al. IL-33 and thymic stromal lymphopoietin mediate immune pathology in response to chronic airborne allergen exposure. J Immunol. 2014;193:1549-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, chronic exposure to natural airborne allergens triggers a network of innate and adaptive type 2 immune responses and airway pathology, and IL-33 and thymic stromal lymphopoietin most likely play key roles in this process. ..
- Hu Y, Ota N, Peng I, Refino C, Danilenko D, Caplazi P, et al. IL-17RC is required for IL-17A- and IL-17F-dependent signaling and the pathogenesis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2010;184:4307-16 pubmed publisher..Finally, Il-17rc(-/-) mice develop much milder disease in an experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis model, supporting an essential role for IL-17RC in mediating immune-mediated CNS inflammation. ..
- Hams E, Locksley R, McKenzie A, Fallon P. Cutting edge: IL-25 elicits innate lymphoid type 2 and type II NKT cells that regulate obesity in mice. J Immunol. 2013;191:5349-53 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a mechanism whereby IL-25 eliciting IL-13-producing innate cells regulates inflammation in adipose tissue and prevents diet-induced obesity. ..
- Hams E, Armstrong M, Barlow J, Saunders S, Schwartz C, Cooke G, et al. IL-25 and type 2 innate lymphoid cells induce pulmonary fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:367-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the potential of therapeutically targeting IL-25 and ILC2 for the treatment of human fibrotic diseases. ..
- Nishihara H, Kobayashi N, Kimura Yoshida C, Yan K, Bormuth O, Ding Q, et al. Coordinately Co-opted Multiple Transposable Elements Constitute an Enhancer for wnt5a Expression in the Mammalian Secondary Palate. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006380 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a new perspective suggesting that a huge variety of TEs, in combination, could have accelerated the diversity of cis-regulatory elements involved in morphological evolution. ..
- Zaiss M, Maslowski K, Mosconi I, Guenat N, Marsland B, Harris N. IL-1? suppresses innate IL-25 and IL-33 production and maintains helminth chronicity. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003531 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that Hp promotes the release of host-derived IL-1? that suppresses the release of innate cytokines, resulting in suboptimal type 2 immunity and allowing pathogen chronicity. ..
- Horvath D, Radin J, Cho S, Washington M, Algood H. The interleukin-17 receptor B subunit is essential for the Th2 response to Helicobacter pylori, but not for control of bacterial burden. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60363 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that signaling through the IL-17 receptor B subunit is not necessary for control of Helicobacter pylori in our model...
- Zhang B, Liu C, Qian W, Han Y, Li X, Deng J. Crystal structure of IL-17 receptor B SEFIR domain. J Immunol. 2013;190:2320-6 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study provides the first structural view of the IL-17R intracellular signaling, unraveling the mechanism for the specificity of SEFIR versus Toll/IL-1R domain in their respective signaling pathways. ..
- Siracusa M, Saenz S, Wojno E, Kim B, Osborne L, Ziegler C, et al. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin-mediated extramedullary hematopoiesis promotes allergic inflammation. Immunity. 2013;39:1158-70 pubmed publisher..These data identify that TSLP-induced EMH contributes to the development of allergic inflammation and indicate that EMH is a conserved mechanism of innate immunity. ..
- Petersen B, Dolgachev V, Rasky A, Lukacs N. IL-17E (IL-25) and IL-17RB promote respiratory syncytial virus-induced pulmonary disease. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;95:809-815 pubmed
- Huang C, Yang C, Jeng Y, Chen C, Wu H, Chang Y, et al. Autocrine/paracrine mechanism of interleukin-17B receptor promotes breast tumorigenesis through NF-?B-mediated antiapoptotic pathway. Oncogene. 2014;33:2968-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the amplified IL-17RB/IL-17B signaling pathways may serve as a therapeutic target for developing treatment to manage IL-17RB-associated breast cancer. ..
- Cardoso V, ChesnÃ© J, Ribeiro H, GarcÃa Cassani B, Carvalho T, Bouchery T, et al. Neuronal regulation of type 2 innate lymphoid cells via neuromedin U. Nature. 2017;549:277-281 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that neuron-ILC2 cell units confer immediate tissue protection through coordinated neuroimmune sensory responses. ..
- Byers D, Alexander Brett J, Patel A, Agapov E, Dang Vu G, Jin X, et al. Long-term IL-33-producing epithelial progenitor cells in chronic obstructive lung disease. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3967-82 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings provide a paradigm for the role of the innate immune system in chronic disease based on the influence of long-term epithelial progenitor cells programmed for excess IL-33 production. ..
- Hardman C, Panova V, McKenzie A. IL-33 citrine reporter mice reveal the temporal and spatial expression of IL-33 during allergic lung inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:488-98 pubmed publisher..Il33(Cit/+) mice have enabled new insights into the initiation of type-2 responses and will provide an important tool for further dissection of this important inflammatory pathway in vivo. ..