Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il17ra
Description: interleukin 17 receptor A
Alias: AW538159, Cdw217, Il17r, VDw217, interleukin-17 receptor A, IL-17 receptor A, IL-17RA
- Guiton R, Vasseur V, Charron S, Arias M, Van Langendonck N, Buzoni Gatel D, et al. Interleukin 17 receptor signaling is deleterious during Toxoplasma gondii infection in susceptible BL6 mice. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:427-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, oral T. gondii infection increases IL-17 expression and contributes to the inflammatory response, and IL-17 neutralization has a partial protective effect against fatal T. gondii-associated inflammation. ..
- Gonzalez Garcia I, Zhao Y, Ju S, Gu Q, Liu L, Kolls J, et al. IL-17 signaling-independent central nervous system autoimmunity is negatively regulated by TGF-beta. J Immunol. 2009;182:2665-71 pubmed publisher..These data support a role of IL-17RA-independent mechanisms in causing autoimmunity and its regulation by TGF-beta. ..
- Ye P, Rodriguez F, Kanaly S, Stocking K, Schurr J, Schwarzenberger P, et al. Requirement of interleukin 17 receptor signaling for lung CXC chemokine and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor expression, neutrophil recruitment, and host defense. J Exp Med. 2001;194:519-27 pubmed..pneumoniae infection. These data support impaired IL-17R signaling as a potential mechanism by which deficiency of CD4 lymphocytes predisposes to bacterial pneumonia. ..
- Smith E, Stark M, Zarbock A, Burcin T, Bruce A, Vaswani D, et al. IL-17A inhibits the expansion of IL-17A-producing T cells in mice through "short-loop" inhibition via IL-17 receptor. J Immunol. 2008;181:1357-64 pubmed..In this study, we investigate the effects of IL-17A on circulating neutrophil levels using IL-17R-deficient (Il17ra(-/-)) mice and Il17ra(-/-)Itgb2(-/-) mice that lack both IL-17R and all four beta(2) integrins...
- Hsu H, Yang P, Wang J, Wu Q, Myers R, Chen J, et al. Interleukin 17-producing T helper cells and interleukin 17 orchestrate autoreactive germinal center development in autoimmune BXD2 mice. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:166-75 pubmed..These findings suggest a mechanism by which IL-17 drives autoimmune responses by promoting the formation of spontaneous GCs. ..
- Chang S, Reynolds J, Pappu B, Chen G, Martinez G, Dong C. Interleukin-17C promotes Th17 cell responses and autoimmune disease via interleukin-17 receptor E. Immunity. 2011;35:611-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work has identified a cytokine-receptor pair with important function in regulating proinflammatory responses. This pathway may be targeted to treat autoimmune diseases. ..
- O Connor W, Kamanaka M, Booth C, Town T, Nakae S, Iwakura Y, et al. A protective function for interleukin 17A in T cell-mediated intestinal inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:603-9 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a protective function for IL-17 and identify T cells as not only the source but also a target of IL-17 in vivo. ..
- Bishu S, Hernández Santos N, Simpson Abelson M, Huppler A, Conti H, Ghilardi N, et al. The adaptor CARD9 is required for adaptive but not innate immunity to oral mucosal Candida albicans infections. Infect Immun. 2014;82:1173-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, CARD9 is important primarily for adaptive immunity to C. albicans, whereas alternate recognition systems appear to be needed for effective innate responses. ..
- Huang W, Na L, Fidel P, Schwarzenberger P. Requirement of interleukin-17A for systemic anti-Candida albicans host defense in mice. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:624-31 pubmed..IL-17A could have potential as a therapeutic cytokine for systemic C. albicans infections in immunocompromised patients with cancer or advanced acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. ..
- Wu H, Ivanov I, DARCE J, Hattori K, Shima T, Umesaki Y, et al. Gut-residing segmented filamentous bacteria drive autoimmune arthritis via T helper 17 cells. Immunity. 2010;32:815-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, a single commensal microbe, via its ability to promote a specific Th cell subset, can drive an autoimmune disease. ..
- Schnyder Candrian S, Togbe D, Couillin I, Mercier I, Brombacher F, Quesniaux V, et al. Interleukin-17 is a negative regulator of established allergic asthma. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2715-25 pubmed..Although it is essential during antigen sensitization to establish allergic asthma, in sensitized mice IL-17 attenuates the allergic response by inhibiting DCs and chemokine synthesis. ..
- Hardison S, Wozniak K, Kolls J, Wormley F. Interleukin-17 is not required for classical macrophage activation in a pulmonary mouse model of Cryptococcus neoformans infection. Infect Immun. 2010;78:5341-51 pubmed publisher..neoformans strain H99 or H99?. These studies suggest that IL-17A may play a role in the early immune response to C. neoformans but is not required for classical macrophage activation in mice experimentally infected with C. neoformans. ..
- Kramer J, Yi L, Shen F, Maitra A, Jiao X, Jin T, et al. Evidence for ligand-independent multimerization of the IL-17 receptor. J Immunol. 2006;176:711-5 pubmed..Strikingly, treatment with IL-17A or IL-17F markedly reduced FRET efficiency, suggesting that IL-17RA subunits within the IL-17R complex undergo a conformational change upon ligand binding. ..
- Kelly M, Kolls J, Happel K, Schwartzman J, Schwarzenberger P, Combe C, et al. Interleukin-17/interleukin-17 receptor-mediated signaling is important for generation of an optimal polymorphonuclear response against Toxoplasma gondii infection. Infect Immun. 2005;73:617-21 pubmed..However, increased mortality in the knockout animals can be attributed to a defect in the migration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes to infected sites during early infection. ..
- He D, Li H, Yusuf N, Elmets C, Li J, Mountz J, et al. IL-17 promotes tumor development through the induction of tumor promoting microenvironments at tumor sites and myeloid-derived suppressor cells. J Immunol. 2010;184:2281-8 pubmed publisher..The study provides novel insights into the role of IL-17 in tumor development and has major implications for targeting IL-17 in treatment of tumors. ..
- Yu J, Ruddy M, Conti H, Boonanantanasarn K, Gaffen S. The interleukin-17 receptor plays a gender-dependent role in host protection against Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced periodontal bone loss. Infect Immun. 2008;76:4206-13 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a gender-dependent effect of IL-17 signaling and indicates that gender differences should be taken into account in the preclinical and clinical safety testing of anti-IL-17 biologic therapies. ..
- Ho A, Shen F, Conti H, Patel N, Childs E, Peterson A, et al. IL-17RC is required for immune signaling via an extended SEF/IL-17R signaling domain in the cytoplasmic tail. J Immunol. 2010;185:1063-70 pubmed publisher..Insight into the mechanisms by which IL-17RC signals helps shed light on IL-17-dependent inflammatory responses and may ultimately provide an avenue for therapeutic intervention in IL-17-mediated diseases...
- Zhang Z, Zheng M, Bindas J, Schwarzenberger P, Kolls J. Critical role of IL-17 receptor signaling in acute TNBS-induced colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2006;12:382-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that IL-17R signaling plays a critical role in the development of TNBS-induced colitis and may represent a target for therapeutic intervention for IBD. ..
- Ferreira M, Whibley N, Mamo A, Siebenlist U, Chan Y, Gaffen S. Interleukin-17-induced protein lipocalin 2 is dispensable for immunity to oral candidiasis. Infect Immun. 2014;82:1030-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Lcn2 deficiency mediated protection from OPC induced by steroid immunosuppression. Therefore, despite its potent regulation during C. albicans infection, Lcn2 is not required for immunity to mucosal candidiasis. ..
- Stark M, Huo Y, Burcin T, Morris M, Olson T, Ley K. Phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils regulates granulopoiesis via IL-23 and IL-17. Immunity. 2005;22:285-94 pubmed..Antibody blockade of the p40 subunit of IL-23 reduces neutrophil numbers in wild-type mice. These findings identify a major homeostatic mechanism for the regulation of neutrophil production in vivo. ..
- Mitsdoerffer M, Lee Y, Jäger A, Kim H, Korn T, Kolls J, et al. Proinflammatory T helper type 17 cells are effective B-cell helpers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14292-7 pubmed publisher..These observations provide insights into the unappreciated role of TH17 cells and their signature cytokines in mediating B-cell differentiation and class switch recombination. ..
- Toy D, Kugler D, Wolfson M, Vanden Bos T, Gurgel J, Derry J, et al. Cutting edge: interleukin 17 signals through a heteromeric receptor complex. J Immunol. 2006;177:36-9 pubmed..Thus, the biologic activity of IL-17 is dependent on a complex composed of IL-17RA and IL-17RC, suggesting a new paradigm for understanding the interactions between the expanded family of IL-17 ligands and their receptors. ..
- McKinley L, Alcorn J, Peterson A, Dupont R, Kapadia S, Logar A, et al. TH17 cells mediate steroid-resistant airway inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness in mice. J Immunol. 2008;181:4089-97 pubmed..Both T(H)2 and T(H)17 cells are able to induce AHR, whereas T(H)17 cell-mediated airway inflammation and AHR are steroid resistant, indicating a potential role for T(H)17 cells in steroid-resistant asthma. ..
- Lin Y, Ritchea S, Logar A, Slight S, Messmer M, Rangel Moreno J, et al. Interleukin-17 is required for T helper 1 cell immunity and host resistance to the intracellular pathogen Francisella tularensis. Immunity. 2009;31:799-810 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings illustrate a biological function for IL-17A in regulating IL-12-Th1 cell immunity and host responses to an intracellular pathogen. ..
- Raffatellu M, Santos R, Verhoeven D, George M, Wilson R, Winter S, et al. Simian immunodeficiency virus-induced mucosal interleukin-17 deficiency promotes Salmonella dissemination from the gut. Nat Med. 2008;14:421-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SIV infection impairs the IL-17 axis, an arm of the mucosal immune response preventing systemic microbial dissemination from the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Kramer J, Hanel W, Shen F, Isik N, Malone J, Maitra A, et al. Cutting edge: identification of a pre-ligand assembly domain (PLAD) and ligand binding site in the IL-17 receptor. J Immunol. 2007;179:6379-83 pubmed..However, the FN1 domain is also required for high affinity interactions with IL-17. Therefore, although the PLAD is located entirely within FN2, effective ligand binding also involves contributions from the linker and FN1. ..
- Conti H, Shen F, Nayyar N, Stocum E, Sun J, Lindemann M, et al. Th17 cells and IL-17 receptor signaling are essential for mucosal host defense against oral candidiasis. J Exp Med. 2009;206:299-311 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Th17 lineage, acting largely through IL-17, confers the dominant response to oral candidiasis through neutrophils and antimicrobial factors...
- Yang X, Chang S, Park H, Nurieva R, Shah B, Acero L, et al. Regulation of inflammatory responses by IL-17F. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1063-75 pubmed publisher..Our results thus demonstrate that IL-17F is an important regulator of inflammatory responses that seems to function differently than IL-17 in immune responses and diseases. ..
- Huppler A, Conti H, Hernández Santos N, Darville T, Biswas P, Gaffen S. Role of neutrophils in IL-17-dependent immunity to mucosal candidiasis. J Immunol. 2014;192:1745-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, CXCR2(+) and Gr-1(+) neutrophils play a vital role in host defense against OPC. Moreover, defects in the IL-23/17 axis cause a potent but incomplete deficiency in the neutrophil response to oral candidiasis. ..
- Rickel E, Siegel L, Yoon B, Rottman J, Kugler D, Swart D, et al. Identification of functional roles for both IL-17RB and IL-17RA in mediating IL-25-induced activities. J Immunol. 2008;181:4299-310 pubmed..These data demonstrate for the first time that IL-25-mediated activities require both IL-17RB and IL-17RA and provide another example of an IL-17 family ligand that utilizes a heteromeric receptor complex. ..
- Maitra A, Shen F, Hanel W, Mossman K, Tocker J, Swart D, et al. Distinct functional motifs within the IL-17 receptor regulate signal transduction and target gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7506-11 pubmed..This structure-function analysis of a IL-17 superfamily receptor reveals important differences in IL-17RA compared with IL-1/TLR receptors. ..
- Algood H, Allen S, Washington M, Peek R, Miller G, Cover T. Regulation of gastric B cell recruitment is dependent on IL-17 receptor A signaling in a model of chronic bacterial infection. J Immunol. 2009;183:5837-46 pubmed publisher..In contrast to many chronic inflammatory diseases in which IL-17RA signaling promotes an inflammatory response, IL-17RA signaling down-regulates the chronic mononuclear inflammation elicited by H. pylori infection. ..
- Molesworth Kenyon S, Yin R, Oakes J, Lausch R. IL-17 receptor signaling influences virus-induced corneal inflammation. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:401-8 pubmed..Thus, IL-17 actively influences early virus-induced corneal inflammation. ..
- Lombard R, Doz E, Carreras F, Epardaud M, Le Vern Y, Buzoni Gatel D, et al. IL-17RA in Non-Hematopoietic Cells Controls CXCL-1 and 5 Critical to Recruit Neutrophils to the Lung of Mycobacteria-Infected Mice during the Adaptive Immune Response. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149455 pubmed publisher..In absence of this receptor, curtailed CXCL-1 and 5 production in the lung restrained neutrophil recruitment. CXCL-1 and 5 instillation reconstituted lung neutrophil recruitment in BCG-infected IL17RA-/- mice.
- Ghali J, O Sullivan K, Eggenhuizen P, Holdsworth S, Kitching A. Interleukin-17RA Promotes Humoral Responses and Glomerular Injury in Experimental Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis. Nephron. 2017;135:207-223 pubmed publisher..IL-17RA contributes to experimental glomerulonephritis, with IL-17RA expression on both leukocytes and stromal cells being required for the full expression of nephritogenic humoral immunity. ..
- Onishi R, Park S, Hanel W, Ho A, Maitra A, Gaffen S. SEF/IL-17R (SEFIR) is not enough: an extended SEFIR domain is required for il-17RA-mediated signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:32751-9 pubmed publisher..These studies provide new insight into the structure-function relationships of IL-17RA and reveal distinct signaling differences among IL-17R family members. ..
- Qiu L, He D, Fan X, Li Z, Liao C, Zhu Y, et al. The expression of interleukin (IL)-17 and IL-17 receptor and MMP-9 in human pituitary adenomas. Pituitary. 2011;14:266-75 pubmed publisher..05), and where the expression levels of IL-17 and IL-17R had positive correlation with that of MMP-9 in the invasive group. These results suggested that IL-17 may promote the invasion of pituitary adenomas. ..
- Pinart M, Zhang M, Li F, Hussain F, Zhu J, Wiegman C, et al. IL-17A modulates oxidant stress-induced airway hyperresponsiveness but not emphysema. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58452 pubmed publisher..The emphysema and lung inflammation induced by ozone is not dependent on IL-17. ..
- Keestra A, Godinez I, Xavier M, Winter M, Winter S, Tsolis R, et al. Early MyD88-dependent induction of interleukin-17A expression during Salmonella colitis. Infect Immun. 2011;79:3131-40 pubmed publisher..Typhimurium infection. Collectively, these data demonstrate that MyD88-dependent mechanisms, including an initial expression of IL-17A, are important for orchestrating early inflammatory responses during S. Typhimurium colitis. ..
- Gasse P, Riteau N, Vacher R, Michel M, Fautrel A, Di Padova F, et al. IL-1 and IL-23 mediate early IL-17A production in pulmonary inflammation leading to late fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23185 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the existence of an early IL-1?-IL-23-IL-17A axis leading to pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis and identify innate IL-23 and IL-17A as interesting drug targets for IL-1? driven lung pathology. ..
- Giles D, Moreno Fernandez M, Stankiewicz T, Cappelletti M, Huppert S, Iwakura Y, et al. Regulation of Inflammation by IL-17A and IL-17F Modulates Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149783 pubmed publisher..Further, we show for the first time that IL-17F, and not only IL-17A, plays an important role in NAFLD driven inflammation. ..
- Paerewijck O, Maertens B, Dreesen L, Van Meulder F, Peelaers I, Ratman D, et al. Interleukin-17 receptor A (IL-17RA) as a central regulator of the protective immune response against Giardia. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8520 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the transcriptome data showed for the first time the involvement of the circadian clock in the host response following Giardia infection. ..
- von Vietinghoff S, Ley K. IL-17A controls IL-17F production and maintains blood neutrophil counts in mice. J Immunol. 2009;183:865-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IL-17A mediated suppression of IL-17F production and secretion requires IL-17RA and is relevant to maintain the normal set point of blood neutrophil counts in vivo. ..
- Vidlak D, Kielian T. Differential effects of interleukin-17 receptor signaling on innate and adaptive immunity during central nervous system bacterial infection. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:128 pubmed publisher..Although IL-17 is a key regulator of neutrophils in other infection models, our data implicate an important role for IL-17R signaling in regulating adaptive immunity during CNS bacterial infection. ..
- Conti H, Bruno V, Childs E, Daugherty S, Hunter J, Mengesha B, et al. IL-17 Receptor Signaling in Oral Epithelial Cells Is Critical for Protection against Oropharyngeal Candidiasis. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:606-617 pubmed publisher..OECs, we generated mice with conditional deletion of IL-17RA in superficial oral and esophageal epithelial cells (Il17ra?K13)...
- Lasky C, Jamison K, Sidelinger D, Pratt C, Zhang G, Brown C. Infection of Interleukin 17 Receptor A-Deficient C3H Mice with Borrelia burgdorferi Does Not Affect Their Development of Lyme Arthritis and Carditis. Infect Immun. 2015;83:2882-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a limited role for IL-17 signaling through IL-17RA in the development of disease following infection of C3H mice with B. burgdorferi. ..
- Maxwell J, Zhang Y, Brown W, Smith C, Byrne F, Fiorino M, et al. Differential Roles for Interleukin-23 and Interleukin-17 in Intestinal Immunoregulation. Immunity. 2015;43:739-50 pubmed publisher..These data show that IL-17A acts on intestinal epithelium to promote barrier function and provide insight into mechanisms underlying exacerbation of Crohn's disease when IL-17A or IL-17RA is inhibited. ..
- Goswami J, Hernández Santos N, Zuniga L, Gaffen S. A bone-protective role for IL-17 receptor signaling in ovariectomy-induced bone loss. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2831-9 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, these data show that IL-17A negatively regulates adipogenesis and subsequent leptin expression, which correlates with increased bone destruction during OVX. ..
- Shin Yim Y, Park A, Berrios J, Lafourcade M, Pascual L, Soares N, et al. Reversing behavioural abnormalities in mice exposed to maternal inflammation. Nature. 2017;549:482-487 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a cortical region primarily, if not exclusively, centred on the S1DZ as the major node of a neural network that mediates behavioural abnormalities observed in offspring exposed to maternal inflammation. ..
- Sellge G, Magalhaes J, Konradt C, Fritz J, Salgado Pabon W, Eberl G, et al. Th17 cells are the dominant T cell subtype primed by Shigella flexneri mediating protective immunity. J Immunol. 2010;184:2076-85 pubmed publisher..These findings bring new insights into the adaptive immune response to Shigella infection and highlight the importance of pathogen-specific Th17 cell immunity for secondary immune protection. ..
- Tan W, Huang W, Gu X, Zhong Q, Liu B, Schwarzenberger P. IL-17F/IL-17R interaction stimulates granulopoiesis in mice. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:1417-27 pubmed publisher..IL-17F bioactivity appears to be augmented in vivo through mechanisms that require further investigation. ..
- Li C, McClellan S, Barrett R, Hazlett L. Interleukin 17 regulates Mer tyrosine kinase-positive cells in Pseudomonas aeruginosa keratitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:6886-900 pubmed publisher..Neutralization of IL-17 in C57BL/6 mice increased MerTK+ cells but did not dramatically shift the disease response. ..
- Raundhal M, Morse C, Khare A, Oriss T, Milosevic J, Trudeau J, et al. High IFN-Î³ and low SLPI mark severe asthma in mice and humans. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:3037-50 pubmed publisher..Conversely, AHR was not reduced in Il17ra-/- mice, although airway inflammation was lower...
- Barin J, Baldeviano G, Talor M, Wu L, Ong S, Quader F, et al. Macrophages participate in IL-17-mediated inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:726-36 pubmed publisher..10 CD4(+) T cells when used as APCs. These data indicate that M?s from different anatomic locations direct IL-17-mediated responses. ..
- Liu C, Swaidani S, Qian W, Kang Z, Sun P, Han Y, et al. A CC' loop decoy peptide blocks the interaction between Act1 and IL-17RA to attenuate IL-17- and IL-25-induced inflammation. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we suggest that the CC' loop motif of SEFIR domains is a promising target for therapeutic strategies against inflammatory diseases associated with IL-17 or IL-25 signaling. ..
- Li T, Li X, Chang Z, Fu X, Liu L. Identification and functional characterization of a novel interleukin 17 receptor: a possible mitogenic activation through ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1287-98 pubmed..Overall, our results strongly indicate that mIL-17RE may belong to a novel growth-receptor like molecule that has the capability to support cellular mitogenesis through RAS/MAPK pathway. ..
- Ghosh D, Brown S, Stumhofer J. IL-17 Promotes Differentiation of Splenic LSK- Lymphoid Progenitors into B Cells following Plasmodium yoelii Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:1783-1795 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify a distinct pathway that supports lymphoid development in the spleen during acute Plasmodium infection. ..
- Cai Y, Shen X, Ding C, Qi C, Li K, Li X, et al. Pivotal role of dermal IL-17-producing ?? T cells in skin inflammation. Immunity. 2011;35:596-610 pubmed publisher..by IL-23 were significantly decreased in T cell receptor ?-deficient (Tcrd(-/-)) and IL-17 receptor-deficient (Il17ra(-/-)) mice but occurred normally in Tcra(-/-) mice...
- Wu L, Ong S, Talor M, Barin J, Baldeviano G, Kass D, et al. Cardiac fibroblasts mediate IL-17A-driven inflammatory dilated cardiomyopathy. J Exp Med. 2014;211:1449-64 pubmed publisher..b>Il17ra(-/-) mice were protected from DCMi, and this was associated with significantly diminished neutrophil and Ly6Chi ..
- Khader S, Guglani L, Rangel Moreno J, Gopal R, Junecko B, Fountain J, et al. IL-23 is required for long-term control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and B cell follicle formation in the infected lung. J Immunol. 2011;187:5402-7 pubmed publisher..Further, although IL-17 and IL-22 can both contribute to Cxcl13 production and B cell follicle formation, it is IL-23 that is critical in this regard. ..
- Hill G, Olver S, Kuns R, Varelias A, Raffelt N, Don A, et al. Stem cell mobilization with G-CSF induces type 17 differentiation and promotes scleroderma. Blood. 2010;116:819-28 pubmed publisher..This study provides a logical explanation for the propensity of allogeneic stem cell transplantation to invoke sclerodermatous GVHD and suggests a therapeutic strategy for intervention. ..
- McDonald C, Liu Y, Palfey B. Actin stimulates reduction of the MICAL-2 monooxygenase domain. Biochemistry. 2013;52:6076-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that MICAL-2 could regulate catalysis through the monooxygenase domain alone; control by interactions with other domains of MICAL in the full-length enzyme may not be needed. ..
- Basu R, O Quinn D, Silberger D, Schoeb T, Fouser L, Ouyang W, et al. Th22 cells are an important source of IL-22 for host protection against enteropathogenic bacteria. Immunity. 2012;37:1061-75 pubmed publisher..These findings establish Th22 cells as an important component of mucosal antimicrobial host defense. ..
- Conti H, Peterson A, Brane L, Huppler A, HernÃ¡ndez Santos N, Whibley N, et al. Oral-resident natural Th17 cells and Î³Î´ T cells control opportunistic Candida albicans infections. J Exp Med. 2014;211:2075-84 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that nTh17 and Î³Î´ T cells, but not ILCs, are key mucosal sentinels that control oral pathogens. ..
- Asada Y, Nakae S, Ishida W, Hori K, Sugita J, Sudo K, et al. Roles of Epithelial Cell-Derived Type 2-Initiating Cytokines in Experimental Allergic Conjunctivitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:5194-202 pubmed publisher..Among the type 2-initiating cytokines, IL-33 may play a major role in conjunctival inflammation in an RW-EAC model. ..
- Wozniak K, Hardison S, Kolls J, Wormley F. Role of IL-17A on resolution of pulmonary C. neoformans infection. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17204 pubmed publisher..neoformans infection, but protective Th1-type immune responses are sufficient for protection against cryptococcal infection...