Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il17f
Description: interleukin 17F
Alias: C87042, IL-17F, interleukin-17F
- Akimzhanov A, Yang X, Dong C. Chromatin remodeling of interleukin-17 (IL-17)-IL-17F cytokine gene locus during inflammatory helper T cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5969-72 pubmed..In summary, our results demonstrate for the first time that THi cell differentiation is associated with epigenetic changes in the IL-17-IL-17F locus, which suggests novel mechanisms in T cell functional regulation. ..
- Kuestner R, Taft D, Haran A, Brandt C, Brender T, Lum K, et al. Identification of the IL-17 receptor related molecule IL-17RC as the receptor for IL-17F. J Immunol. 2007;179:5462-73 pubmed..Collectively, our work indicates that IL-17RC functions as a receptor for both IL-17A and IL-17F and that a soluble version of this protein should be an effective antagonist of IL-17A and IL-17F mediated inflammatory diseases. ..
- Yang X, Chang S, Park H, Nurieva R, Shah B, Acero L, et al. Regulation of inflammatory responses by IL-17F. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1063-75 pubmed publisher..Our results thus demonstrate that IL-17F is an important regulator of inflammatory responses that seems to function differently than IL-17 in immune responses and diseases. ..
- Nurieva R, Chung Y, Hwang D, Yang X, Kang H, Ma L, et al. Generation of T follicular helper cells is mediated by interleukin-21 but independent of T helper 1, 2, or 17 cell lineages. Immunity. 2008;29:138-49 pubmed publisher..This study thus demonstrates that Tfh is a distinct Th cell lineage. ..
- Martin Orozco N, Muranski P, Chung Y, Yang X, Yamazaki T, Lu S, et al. T helper 17 cells promote cytotoxic T cell activation in tumor immunity. Immunity. 2009;31:787-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, Th17 cells elicited a protective inflammation that promotes the activation of tumor-specific CD8(+) T cells. These findings have important implications in antitumor immunotherapies. ..
- Sefik E, Geva Zatorsky N, Oh S, Konnikova L, Zemmour D, McGuire A, et al. MUCOSAL IMMUNOLOGY. Individual intestinal symbionts induce a distinct population of ROR?? regulatory T cells. Science. 2015;349:993-7 pubmed publisher..Ror?, and the T(regs) that express it, contribute substantially to regulating colonic T(H)1/T(H)17 inflammation. Thus, the marked context-specificity of Ror? results in very different outcomes even in closely related cell types. ..
- Nam D, Mau E, Wang Y, Wright D, Silkstone D, Whetstone H, et al. T-lymphocytes enable osteoblast maturation via IL-17F during the early phase of fracture repair. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40044 pubmed publisher..This is a pivotal link in advancing our current understanding of the molecular and cellular basis of fracture healing, which in turn may aid in optimizing fracture management and in the treatment of impaired bone healing. ..
- Giles D, Moreno Fernandez M, Stankiewicz T, Cappelletti M, Huppert S, Iwakura Y, et al. Regulation of Inflammation by IL-17A and IL-17F Modulates Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149783 pubmed publisher..Further, we show for the first time that IL-17F, and not only IL-17A, plays an important role in NAFLD driven inflammation. ..
- Chen K, McAleer J, Lin Y, Paterson D, Zheng M, Alcorn J, et al. Th17 cells mediate clade-specific, serotype-independent mucosal immunity. Immunity. 2011;35:997-1009 pubmed publisher..Notably, this heterologous, clade-specific protection was antibody independent, demonstrating the Th17 cell lineage confers a host advantage by providing heterologous mucosal immunity independent of serotype-specific antibody. ..
- Bosmann M, Meta F, Ruemmler R, Haggadone M, Sarma J, Zetoune F, et al. Regulation of IL-17 family members by adrenal hormones during experimental sepsis in mice. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:1124-30 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel insights into the molecular mechanisms of immune modulation by catecholamines and glucocorticoids during acute inflammation. ..
- Henry T, Kirimanjeswara G, Ruby T, Jones J, Peng K, Perret M, et al. Type I IFN signaling constrains IL-17A/F secretion by gammadelta T cells during bacterial infections. J Immunol. 2010;184:3755-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that this newly described activity of type I IFN signaling might participate in the resistance of the IFNAR1(-/-) mice to infection with F. novicida and other intracellular bacteria. ..
- Wang Y, Godec J, Ben Aissa K, Cui K, Zhao K, Pucsek A, et al. The transcription factors T-bet and Runx are required for the ontogeny of pathogenic interferon-Î³-producing T helper 17 cells. Immunity. 2014;40:355-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies identify a critical role for T-bet and Runx transcription factors in the generation of pathogenic IFN-Î³-producing Th17 cells. ..
- St Leger A, Desai J, Drummond R, Kugadas A, Almaghrabi F, Silver P, et al. An Ocular Commensal Protects against Corneal Infection by Driving an Interleukin-17 Response from Mucosal ?? T Cells. Immunity. 2017;47:148-158.e5 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide direct evidence that a resident commensal microbiome exists on the ocular surface and identify the cellular mechanisms underlying its effects on ocular immune homeostasis and host defense. ..
- Mukasa R, Balasubramani A, Lee Y, Whitley S, Weaver B, Shibata Y, et al. Epigenetic instability of cytokine and transcription factor gene loci underlies plasticity of the T helper 17 cell lineage. Immunity. 2010;32:616-27 pubmed publisher..We identified epigenetic modifications across the clustered Il17a and Il17f and the Ifng loci before and after differential IL-12 or TGF-beta cytokine signaling, which induce divergent fates ..
- Yang X, Ghoreschi K, Steward Tharp S, Rodriguez Canales J, Zhu J, Grainger J, et al. Opposing regulation of the locus encoding IL-17 through direct, reciprocal actions of STAT3 and STAT5. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:247-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the balance rather than the absolute magnitude of these signals determined the propensity of cells to make a key inflammatory cytokine. ..
- Tsukasaki M, Komatsu N, Nagashima K, Nitta T, Pluemsakunthai W, Shukunami C, et al. Host defense against oral microbiota by bone-damaging T cells. Nat Commun. 2018;9:701 pubmed publisher..Thus, bone-damaging T cells, which may have developed to stop local infection by inducing tooth loss, function as a double-edged sword by protecting against pathogens while also inducing skeletal tissue degradation. ..
- Hod Dvorai R, Jacob E, Boyko Y, Avni O. The binding activity of Mel-18 at the Il17a promoter is regulated by the integrated signals of the TCR and polarizing cytokines. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:2424-35 pubmed publisher..Using the RNAi approach, we found that Mel-18 and Ezh2 positively regulate the expression of Il17a and Il17f. The inducible binding of Mel-18 and Ezh2 at the Il17a promoter was dependent on signaling pathways downstream of ..
- Zeng X, Wei Y, Huang J, Newell E, Yu H, Kidd B, et al. ?? T cells recognize a microbial encoded B cell antigen to initiate a rapid antigen-specific interleukin-17 response. Immunity. 2012;37:524-34 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the adaptability of lymphocyte antigen receptors and suggest an antigen-driven rapid response in protective immunity prior to the maturation of classical adaptive immunity. ..
- Chang S, Mirabolfathinejad S, Katta H, Cumpian A, Gong L, Caetano M, et al. T helper 17 cells play a critical pathogenic role in lung cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5664-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate a critical role for Th17 cell-mediated inflammation in lung tumorigenesis and suggest a novel way for prevention and treatment of this disease. ..
- Ichiyama K, Chen T, Wang X, Yan X, Kim B, Tanaka S, et al. The methylcytosine dioxygenase Tet2 promotes DNA demethylation and activation of cytokine gene expression in T cells. Immunity. 2015;42:613-26 pubmed publisher..In vivo, Tet2 plays a critical role in the control of cytokine gene expression in autoimmune disease. Collectively, our findings suggest that Tet2 promotes DNA demethylation and activation of cytokine gene expression in T cells. ..
- De Luca A, Carvalho A, Cunha C, Iannitti R, Pitzurra L, Giovannini G, et al. IL-22 and IDO1 affect immunity and tolerance to murine and human vaginal candidiasis. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003486 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-22 and IDO1 are crucial in balancing resistance with tolerance to Candida, their deficiencies are risk factors for RVVC, and targeting tolerance via therapeutic kynurenines may benefit patients with RVVC. ..
- Mukherjee S, Lindell D, Berlin A, Morris S, Shanley T, Hershenson M, et al. IL-17-induced pulmonary pathogenesis during respiratory viral infection and exacerbation of allergic disease. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:248-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that IL-17 plays a pathogenic role during RSV infections. ..
- Ono T, Okamoto K, Nakashima T, Nitta T, Hori S, Iwakura Y, et al. IL-17-producing Î³Î´ T cells enhance bone regeneration. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10928 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a novel role for IL-17-producing Î³Î´ T cells in skeletal tissue regeneration. ..
- Lee Y, Landuyt A, Lobionda S, Sittipo P, Zhao Q, Maynard C. TCR-independent functions of Th17 cells mediated by the synergistic actions of cytokines of the IL-12 and IL-1 families. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186351 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest a model whereby signaling via either IL-1? or IL-18 allows for bystander responses of Th17 cells to pathogens or pathogen products that differentially activate innate cell production of IL-12 or IL-23. ..
- Suzukawa M, Morita H, Nambu A, Arae K, Shimura E, Shibui A, et al. Epithelial cell-derived IL-25, but not Th17 cell-derived IL-17 or IL-17F, is crucial for murine asthma. J Immunol. 2012;189:3641-52 pubmed..It is not required for Ag-specific Th2 cell differentiation in the sensitization phase...
- Garraud K, Cleret A, Mathieu J, Fiole D, Gauthier Y, Quesnel Hellmann A, et al. Differential role of the interleukin-17 axis and neutrophils in resolution of inhalational anthrax. Infect Immun. 2012;80:131-42 pubmed publisher..anthracis. This work demonstrates the important roles of both IL-17 signaling and neutrophils in clearing this pathogen and surviving pulmonary B. anthracis infection. ..
- Chae W, Bothwell A. IL-17F deficiency inhibits small intestinal tumorigenesis in ApcMin/+ mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;414:31-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest the proinflammatory and essential role of IL-17F to develop spontaneous intestinal tumorigenesis in Apc(Min/+) mice in the presence of IL-17A. ..
- Shimura E, Shibui A, Narushima S, Nambu A, Yamaguchi S, Akitsu A, et al. Potential role of myeloid cell/eosinophil-derived IL-17 in LPS-induced endotoxin shock. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;453:1-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, macrophages, DCs and eosinophils, but not Th17 cells or Î³Î´ T cells, may be sources of IL-17A during LPS-induced endotoxin shock. ..
- Meares G, Ma X, Qin H, Benveniste E. Regulation of CCL20 expression in astrocytes by IL-6 and IL-17. Glia. 2012;60:771-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that astrocytes, in response to IL-6, sIL-6R, and IL-17, may shift chemokine production to that favoring T cell recruitment to the CNS. ..
- Basha H, Ramachandran S, Tiriveedhi V, Takenaka M, Subramanian V, Nath D, et al. Critical role for IL-17A/F in the immunopathogenesis of obliterative airway disease induced by Anti-MHC I antibodies. Transplantation. 2013;95:293-300 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that IL-17A and IL-17F secreted by CD4+Th17 cells specific to lung self-antigens are critical mediators of autoimmunity leading to the pathogenesis of OAD. ..
- Park S, Chen W, Durmus N, Bleck B, Reibman J, Riemekasten G, et al. The Effects of Antigen-Specific IgG1 Antibody for the Pulmonary-Hypertension-Phenotype and B Cells for Inflammation in Mice Exposed to Antigen and Fine Particles from Air Pollution. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129910 pubmed publisher..Our studies have identified B cells and antigen specific IgG1 as potential therapeutic targets for pulmonary hypertension associated with immune dysfunction and environmental exposures. ..
- Nagata T, McKinley L, Peschon J, Alcorn J, Aujla S, Kolls J. Requirement of IL-17RA in Con A induced hepatitis and negative regulation of IL-17 production in mouse T cells. J Immunol. 2008;181:7473-9 pubmed
- Kawata K, Tsuda M, Yang G, Zhang W, Tanaka H, Tsuneyama K, et al. Identification of potential cytokine pathways for therapeutic intervention in murine primary biliary cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74225 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, whereas IFN-? has a pivotal role in the early events involved in the pathogenesis of autoimmune cholangitis induced by 2OA-BSA, the IL-23/Th17 pathway potentiates the effects of IL-12/IFN-?-mediated immunopathology. ..
- Echeverry A, Saijo S, Schesser K, Adkins B. Yersinia enterocolitica promotes robust mucosal inflammatory T-cell immunity in murine neonates. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3595-608 pubmed publisher..enterocolitica promotes the development of highly inflammatory mucosal responses in neonates and that intestinal T-cell function may be a key immune component in protection from gastrointestinal pathogens in early life. ..
- Fleige H, Ravens S, Moschovakis G, Bölter J, Willenzon S, Sutter G, et al. IL-17-induced CXCL12 recruits B cells and induces follicle formation in BALT in the absence of differentiated FDCs. J Exp Med. 2014;211:643-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify distinct pathogen-dependent induction and maturation pathways for BALT formation. ..
- Jie Z, Liang Y, Hou L, Dong C, Iwakura Y, Soong L, et al. Intrahepatic innate lymphoid cells secrete IL-17A and IL-17F that are crucial for T cell priming in viral infection. J Immunol. 2014;192:3289-300 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for anticytokine biologic therapy and vaccine development. ..
- Chung Y, Yamazaki T, Kim B, Zhang Y, Reynolds J, Martinez G, et al. Epstein Barr virus-induced 3 (EBI3) together with IL-12 negatively regulates T helper 17-mediated immunity to Listeria monocytogenes infection. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003628 pubmed publisher..Our findings unveil a novel immune evasion mechanism whereby the intracellular bacteria exploit IL-27EBI3 to suppress Th17-mediated protective immunity. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Fujio K, Shoda H, Okamoto A, Tsuno N, Takahashi K, et al. IL-17B and IL-17C are associated with TNF-alpha production and contribute to the exacerbation of inflammatory arthritis. J Immunol. 2007;179:7128-36 pubmed..Therefore, not only IL-17A, but also IL-17B and IL-17C play an important role in the pathogenesis of inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Kudva A, Scheller E, Robinson K, Crowe C, Choi S, Slight S, et al. Influenza A inhibits Th17-mediated host defense against bacterial pneumonia in mice. J Immunol. 2011;186:1666-1674 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a novel mechanism by which influenza A-induced type I IFNs inhibit Th17 immunity and increase susceptibility to secondary bacterial pneumonia. ..
- Haak S, Croxford A, Kreymborg K, Heppner F, Pouly S, Becher B, et al. IL-17A and IL-17F do not contribute vitally to autoimmune neuro-inflammation in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:61-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude therefore that both IL-17A and IL-17F, while prominently expressed by an encephalitogenic T cell population, may only marginally contribute to the development of autoimmune CNS disease. ..
- Liu X, Yan X, Zhong B, Nurieva R, Wang A, Wang X, et al. Bcl6 expression specifies the T follicular helper cell program in vivo. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1841-52, S1-24 pubmed..Once Bcl6 is highly expressed, Tfh cells can persist in vivo and some of them develop into memory cells. Together, our results indicate Bcl6 as a bona fide marker for Tfh polarized program. ..
- Wang X, Zhang Y, Yang X, Nurieva R, Chang S, Ojeda S, et al. Transcription of Il17 and Il17f is controlled by conserved noncoding sequence 2. Immunity. 2012;36:23-31 pubmed publisherT helper 17 (Th17) cells specifically transcribe the Il17 and Il17f genes, which are localized in the same chromosome region, but the underlying mechanism is unclear...
- von Vietinghoff S, Ley K. IL-17A controls IL-17F production and maintains blood neutrophil counts in mice. J Immunol. 2009;183:865-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IL-17A mediated suppression of IL-17F production and secretion requires IL-17RA and is relevant to maintain the normal set point of blood neutrophil counts in vivo. ..
- Tan W, Huang W, Gu X, Zhong Q, Liu B, Schwarzenberger P. IL-17F/IL-17R interaction stimulates granulopoiesis in mice. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:1417-27 pubmed publisher..IL-17F bioactivity appears to be augmented in vivo through mechanisms that require further investigation. ..
- Watanabe H, Kawaguchi M, Fujishima S, Ogura M, Matsukura S, Takeuchi H, et al. Functional characterization of IL-17F as a selective neutrophil attractant in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:650-6 pubmed publisher..IL-17F was upregulated in lesional psoriatic skin compared with nonlesional skin. These results indicate that IL-17F may be involved in psoriasis via, in part, the activation of ERK1/2 and the induction of IL-8 in keratinocytes. ..
- Tong Z, Yang X, Yan H, Liu W, Niu X, Shi Y, et al. A protective role by interleukin-17F in colon tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34959 pubmed publisher..While the VEGF levels were increased in the colon tissues of Il-17f(-/-) mice with colon cancer. Together, our findings demonstrate a protective role for IL-17F in colon cancer development, possibly via inhibiting tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Suzuki S, Kokubu F, Kawaguchi M, Homma T, Odaka M, Watanabe S, et al. Expression of interleukin-17F in a mouse model of allergic asthma. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;143 Suppl 1:89-94 pubmed..These results suggest that bronchial epithelium-derived IL-17F may represent a new pharmacological target for glucocorticoids and may play a role in allergic asthma. ..
- Alcaide P, Maganto Garcia E, Newton G, Travers R, CROCE K, Bu D, et al. Difference in Th1 and Th17 lymphocyte adhesion to endothelium. J Immunol. 2012;188:1421-30 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that E-selectin- and ICAM-1-dependent adhesion of Th17 and Th1 cells with endothelium are quantitatively different. ..
- Villegas Mendez A, Greig R, Shaw T, de Souza J, Gwyer Findlay E, Stumhofer J, et al. IFN-?-producing CD4+ T cells promote experimental cerebral malaria by modulating CD8+ T cell accumulation within the brain. J Immunol. 2012;189:968-79 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, these observations demonstrate, for the first time, the importance of and pathways by which IFN-?-producing CD4(+) T cells promote the development of ECM during P. berghei ANKA infection. ..
- Gomez Rodriguez J, Sahu N, Handon R, Davidson T, Anderson S, Kirby M, et al. Differential expression of interleukin-17A and -17F is coupled to T cell receptor signaling via inducible T cell kinase. Immunity. 2009;31:587-97 pubmed publisher..We further found that the promoter of Il17a but not Il17f has a conserved NFAT binding site that bound NFATc1 in wild-type but not Itk-deficient cells, even though both ..
- Lu S, Li H, Gao R, Gao X, Xu F, Wang Q, et al. IL-17A, but not IL-17F, is indispensable for airway vascular remodeling induced by exaggerated Th17 cell responses in prolonged ovalbumin-challenged mice. J Immunol. 2015;194:3557-66 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that Th17 cells contribute to the airway vascular remodeling in asthma by mediating EPC chemotaxis, as well as PMVEC tube formation, via IL-17A rather than IL-17F. ..
- Nowak E, Weaver C, Turner H, Begum Haque S, Becher B, Schreiner B, et al. IL-9 as a mediator of Th17-driven inflammatory disease. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1653-60 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data implicate IL-9 as a Th17-derived cytokine that can contribute to inflammatory disease...
- Lee P, Puppi M, Schluns K, Yu Lee L, Dong C, Lacorazza H. The transcription factor E74-like factor 4 suppresses differentiation of proliferating CD4+ T cells to the Th17 lineage. J Immunol. 2014;192:178-88 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that ELF4 restrains Th17 differentiation in dividing CD4(+) T cells by regulating commitment to the Th17 differentiation program. ..
- Harbour S, Maynard C, Zindl C, Schoeb T, Weaver C. Th17 cells give rise to Th1 cells that are required for the pathogenesis of colitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:7061-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Th17 cells are potent mediators of colitis pathogenesis by dual mechanisms: by directly transitioning to Th1-like cells and by supporting the development of classic Th1 cells. ..
- Kimizuka Y, Kimura S, Saga T, Ishii M, Hasegawa N, Betsuyaku T, et al. Roles of interleukin-17 in an experimental Legionella pneumophila pneumonia model. Infect Immun. 2012;80:1121-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that IL-17A/F plays a critical role in L. pneumophila pneumonia, probably through induction of proinflammatory cytokines and accumulation of neutrophils at the infection site...
- Chang S, Reynolds J, Pappu B, Chen G, Martinez G, Dong C. Interleukin-17C promotes Th17 cell responses and autoimmune disease via interleukin-17 receptor E. Immunity. 2011;35:611-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work has identified a cytokine-receptor pair with important function in regulating proinflammatory responses. This pathway may be targeted to treat autoimmune diseases. ..
- Bosmann M, Patel V, Russkamp N, Pache F, Zetoune F, Sarma J, et al. MyD88-dependent production of IL-17F is modulated by the anaphylatoxin C5a via the Akt signaling pathway. FASEB J. 2011;25:4222-32 pubmed publisher..A similar result was found in the cecal ligation and puncture sepsis model. These data suggest that maximal production of IL-17F requires complement activation and presence of C5a. ..
- Rowse A, Naves R, Cashman K, McGuire D, Mbana T, Raman C, et al. Lithium controls central nervous system autoimmunity through modulation of IFN-? signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52658 pubmed publisher..Overall our findings set the framework for the use of GSK3 inhibitors as therapeutic agents in autoimmune neuroinflammation. ..
- Ho A, Shen F, Conti H, Patel N, Childs E, Peterson A, et al. IL-17RC is required for immune signaling via an extended SEF/IL-17R signaling domain in the cytoplasmic tail. J Immunol. 2010;185:1063-70 pubmed publisher..Insight into the mechanisms by which IL-17RC signals helps shed light on IL-17-dependent inflammatory responses and may ultimately provide an avenue for therapeutic intervention in IL-17-mediated diseases...
- Manils J, Casas E, Vina Vilaseca A, López Cano M, Díez Villanueva A, Gómez D, et al. The Exonuclease Trex2 Shapes Psoriatic Phenotype. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:2345-2355 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data indicate that Trex2 acts as a critical factor in the pathogenesis of psoriasis by promoting keratinocyte apoptosis and enucleation and thereby influencing skin immune responses. ..
- Lee J, Tato C, Joyce Shaikh B, Gulen M, Gulan F, Cayatte C, et al. Interleukin-23-Independent IL-17 Production Regulates Intestinal Epithelial Permeability. Immunity. 2015;43:727-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-17-producing ?? T cells are important for the maintenance and protection of epithelial barriers in the intestinal mucosa. ..
- Leppkes M, Becker C, Ivanov I, Hirth S, Wirtz S, Neufert C, et al. RORgamma-expressing Th17 cells induce murine chronic intestinal inflammation via redundant effects of IL-17A and IL-17F. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:257-67 pubmed publisher..Reagents that target RORgamma or a combination of anti-IL-17A and anti-IL-17F might be developed as therapeutics for chronic colitis. ..
- Huang Y, Guo L, Qiu J, Chen X, Hu Li J, Siebenlist U, et al. IL-25-responsive, lineage-negative KLRG1(hi) cells are multipotential 'inflammatory' type 2 innate lymphoid cells. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:161-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that iILC2 cells are transient progenitors of ILCs mobilized by inflammation and infection that develop into nILC2-like cells or ILC3-like cells and contribute to immunity to both helminths and fungi. ..
- Saijo S, Ikeda S, Yamabe K, Kakuta S, Ishigame H, Akitsu A, et al. Dectin-2 recognition of alpha-mannans and induction of Th17 cell differentiation is essential for host defense against Candida albicans. Immunity. 2010;32:681-91 pubmed publisher..Because IL-17A-deficient mice were highly susceptible to systemic candida infection, this study suggests that Dectin-2 is important in host defense against C. albicans by inducing Th17 cell differentiation. ..