Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: CSIF, Il-10, interleukin-10, cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Chattopadhyay G, Shevach E. Antigen-specific induced T regulatory cells impair dendritic cell function via an IL-10/MARCH1-dependent mechanism. J Immunol. 2013;191:5875-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies demonstrate that a major suppressive mechanism of DC function by iTregs is secondary to the effects of IL-10 on MARCH1 and CD83 expression. ..
- Richter K, Perriard G, Behrendt R, Schwendener R, Sexl V, Dunn R, et al. Macrophage and T cell produced IL-10 promotes viral chronicity. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003735 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the decision whether LCMV infection becomes chronic or can be cleared critically depends on early CD4(+) T cell and monocyte/macrophage produced IL-10. ..
- Hiroshima Y, Hsu K, Tedla N, Chung Y, Chow S, Herbert C, et al. S100A8 induces IL-10 and protects against acute lung injury. J Immunol. 2014;192:2800-11 pubmed publisher..We challenge the notion that S100A8 is an agonist for TLR4 or the receptor for advanced glycation end products. S100A8 induced IL-10 in vivo and initiates a feedback loop that attenuates acute lung injury. ..
- MacKenzie K, Van Den Bosch M, Naqvi S, Elcombe S, McGuire V, Reith A, et al. MSK1 and MSK2 inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced prostaglandin production via an interleukin-10 feedback loop. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1456-67 pubmed publisher..This was found to be the result of an interleukin 10 (IL-10) feedback mechanism, with endogenously produced IL-10 promoting cox-2 degradation...
- Maseda D, Candando K, Smith S, Kalampokis I, Weaver C, Plevy S, et al. Peritoneal cavity regulatory B cells (B10 cells) modulate IFN-?+CD4+ T cell numbers during colitis development in mice. J Immunol. 2013;191:2780-2795 pubmed publisher..Thus, the numerically small B10 cell subset within the peritoneal cavity has regulatory function and is important for maintaining homeostasis within gastrointestinal tissues and the immune system. ..
- Williams J, Tjota M, Clay B, Vander Lugt B, Bandukwala H, Hrusch C, et al. Transcription factor IRF4 drives dendritic cells to promote Th2 differentiation. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2990 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a regulatory module in DCs by which IRF4 modulates IL-10 and IL-33 cytokine production to specifically promote Th2 differentiation and inflammation. ..
- Chung E, Liu J, Homma Y, Zhang Y, Brendolan A, Saggese M, et al. Interleukin-10 expression in macrophages during phagocytosis of apoptotic cells is mediated by homeodomain proteins Pbx1 and Prep-1. Immunity. 2007;27:952-64 pubmed..By using a reporter assay, we mapped the apoptotic-cell-response element (ACRE) in the human IL10 promoter and provide biochemical and physiological evidence that ACRE mediates the transcriptional activation of ..
- Flanagan K, Modrusan Z, Cornelius J, Chavali A, Kasman I, Komuves L, et al. Intestinal epithelial cell up-regulation of LY6 molecules during colitis results in enhanced chemokine secretion. J Immunol. 2008;180:3874-81 pubmed..As such, LY6 molecules represent novel targets to down-regulate chemokine expression in the colon and limit subsequent inflammation associated with IBD. ..
- Chiu B, Stolberg V, Chensue S. Mononuclear phagocyte-derived IL-10 suppresses the innate IL-12/IFN-gamma axis in lung-challenged aged mice. J Immunol. 2008;181:3156-66 pubmed..Our data identify a novel mechanism of age-associated immune deficiency. ..
- Beamer G, Flaherty D, Assogba B, Stromberg P, Gonzalez Juarrero M, de Waal Malefyt R, et al. Interleukin-10 promotes Mycobacterium tuberculosis disease progression in CBA/J mice. J Immunol. 2008;181:5545-50 pubmed..Our results indicate that IL-10 promotes TB disease progression. These findings have important diagnostic and/or therapeutic implications for the prevention of reactivation TB in humans. ..
- Kamanaka M, Huber S, Zenewicz L, Gagliani N, Rathinam C, O Connor W, et al. Memory/effector (CD45RB(lo)) CD4 T cells are controlled directly by IL-10 and cause IL-22-dependent intestinal pathology. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1027-40 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight characteristic differences between colitis induced by naive (CD45RB(hi)) and memory/effector (T(reg) cell-depleted CD45RB(lo)) cells and different ways that IL-22 impacts inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Belkaid Y, Hoffmann K, Mendez S, Kamhawi S, Udey M, Wynn T, et al. The role of interleukin (IL)-10 in the persistence of Leishmania major in the skin after healing and the therapeutic potential of anti-IL-10 receptor antibody for sterile cure. J Exp Med. 2001;194:1497-506 pubmed
- Yanaba K, Bouaziz J, Haas K, Poe J, Fujimoto M, Tedder T. A regulatory B cell subset with a unique CD1dhiCD5+ phenotype controls T cell-dependent inflammatory responses. Immunity. 2008;28:639-50 pubmed publisher..Thereby, CD1d(hi)CD5(+) B cells represent a unique subset of potent regulatory B cells...
- Guilliams M, Movahedi K, Bosschaerts T, VandenDriessche T, Chuah M, Herin M, et al. IL-10 dampens TNF/inducible nitric oxide synthase-producing dendritic cell-mediated pathogenicity during parasitic infection. J Immunol. 2009;182:1107-18 pubmed
- Takada Y, Hisamatsu T, Kamada N, Kitazume M, Honda H, Oshima Y, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 contributes to gut homeostasis and intestinal inflammation by composition of IL-10-producing regulatory macrophage subset. J Immunol. 2010;184:2671-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MCP-1-dependent LPM2 subset may play an important role in maintenance of gut homeostasis in the steady state, and in the termination of excess inflammatory responses in the intestine, by producing IL-10. ..
- Collison L, Chaturvedi V, Henderson A, Giacomin P, Guy C, Bankoti J, et al. IL-35-mediated induction of a potent regulatory T cell population. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:1093-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, iT(R)35 cells constitute a key mediator of infectious tolerance and contribute to T(reg) cell-mediated tumor progression. Furthermore, iT(R)35 cells generated ex vivo might have therapeutic utility. ..
- Pattison M, MacKenzie K, Arthur J. Inhibition of JAKs in macrophages increases lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine production by blocking IL-10-mediated feedback. J Immunol. 2012;189:2784-92 pubmed publisher..In addition to IL-10, IFN-? also helped sustain IL-6 and IL-12 transcription. Overall, these results suggest that inhibition of JAKs may increase the inflammatory potential of macrophages stimulated with TLR4 agonists. ..
- Sturlan S, Oberhuber G, Beinhauer B, Tichy B, Kappel S, Wang J, et al. Interleukin-10-deficient mice and inflammatory bowel disease associated cancer development. Carcinogenesis. 2001;22:665-71 pubmed..Normal expression of the TGF-beta II receptors hints at genetic alterations in other members of the TGF-beta receptor signal transduction pathway. ..
- Elliott D, Setiawan T, Metwali A, Blum A, Urban J, Weinstock J. Heligmosomoides polygyrus inhibits established colitis in IL-10-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:2690-8 pubmed..polygyrus inhibits ongoing IL-10(-/-) colitis in part through blocking mucosal Th1 cytokine production. Resolution of inflammation is associated with increased IL-13 production and can be adoptively transferred by MLN T cells...
- Anderson P, Sundstedt A, Yazici Z, Minaee S, O Neill E, Woolf R, et al. IL-2 overcomes the unresponsiveness but fails to reverse the regulatory function of antigen-induced T regulatory cells. J Immunol. 2005;174:310-9 pubmed
- Shaw M, Freeman G, Scott M, Fox B, Bzik D, Belkaid Y, et al. Tyk2 negatively regulates adaptive Th1 immunity by mediating IL-10 signaling and promoting IFN-gamma-dependent IL-10 reactivation. J Immunol. 2006;176:7263-71 pubmed..Thus, Tyk2 can be viewed as a dual-function Jak, mediating both pro and anti-inflammatory cytokine responses. ..
- Loser K, Apelt J, Voskort M, Mohaupt M, Balkow S, Schwarz T, et al. IL-10 controls ultraviolet-induced carcinogenesis in mice. J Immunol. 2007;179:365-71 pubmed..Moreover, these results point out the crucial role of Th1 responses and UV-induced regulatory T cell function in the protection against UV-induced tumor development. ..
- Uematsu S, Fujimoto K, Jang M, Yang B, Jung Y, Nishiyama M, et al. Regulation of humoral and cellular gut immunity by lamina propria dendritic cells expressing Toll-like receptor 5. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:769-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate unique properties of LPDCs and the importance of TLR5 for adaptive immunity in the intestine. ..
- Gotoh K, Inoue M, Masaki T, Chiba S, Shimasaki T, Ando H, et al. A novel anti-inflammatory role for spleen-derived interleukin-10 in obesity-induced inflammation in white adipose tissue and liver. Diabetes. 2012;61:1994-2003 pubmed publisher..Moreover, SPX had little effect on the inflammatory responses in WAT and the liver of IL-10KO mice. These data show the role of spleen-derived IL-10 in diet-induced changes as a result of inflammatory responses in WAT and the liver. ..
- Grunig G, Corry D, Leach M, Seymour B, Kurup V, Rennick D. Interleukin-10 is a natural suppressor of cytokine production and inflammation in a murine model of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. J Exp Med. 1997;185:1089-99 pubmed..We conclude that IL-10 can suppress inflammatory Th2-like lung responses as well as Th1-like responses given the constraints of genetic background and route of priming. ..
- O Farrell A, Liu Y, Moore K, Mui A. IL-10 inhibits macrophage activation and proliferation by distinct signaling mechanisms: evidence for Stat3-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 1998;17:1006-18 pubmed..Thus signals mediating both anti-proliferative and macrophage de-activation responses to IL-10 require the two membrane-distal tyrosines of IL-10R, but Stat3 appears to function only in the anti-proliferative response. ..
- Scott M, Hoth J, Turina M, Woods D, Cheadle W. Interleukin-10 suppresses natural killer cell but not natural killer T cell activation during bacterial infection. Cytokine. 2006;33:79-86 pubmed..These effects were not mediated by IL-12 and IL-18 alone, and reinforce a role for NK cells in remote organ dysfunction following peritonitis. ..
- Awasthi A, Carrier Y, Peron J, Bettelli E, Kamanaka M, Flavell R, et al. A dominant function for interleukin 27 in generating interleukin 10-producing anti-inflammatory T cells. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1380-9 pubmed..that lack Foxp3 expression also regulate T cell function, mainly by producing the immunosuppressive cytokine interleukin 10 (IL-10)...
- Ocuin L, Bamboat Z, Balachandran V, Cavnar M, Obaid H, Plitas G, et al. Neutrophil IL-10 suppresses peritoneal inflammatory monocytes during polymicrobial sepsis. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:423-32 pubmed publisher..In vitro experiments confirmed that monocyte suppression was mediated by neutrophil-derived IL-10. Thus, during septic peritonitis, neutrophils suppress peritoneal inflammatory monocytes through IL-10 and are dispensable for survival. ..
- Carter N, Rosser E, Mauri C. Interleukin-10 produced by B cells is crucial for the suppression of Th17/Th1 responses, induction of T regulatory type 1 cells and reduction of collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R32 pubmed publisher..IL-10 producing B cells restrain inflammation by promoting differentiation of immuno-regulatory over pro-inflammatory T cells and, hence, act to maintain tolerance. ..
- Berg D, Davidson N, Kuhn R, Muller W, Menon S, Holland G, et al. Enterocolitis and colon cancer in interleukin-10-deficient mice are associated with aberrant cytokine production and CD4(+) TH1-like responses. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:1010-20 pubmed..In 3-mo-old mutants, intestinal lesions were most severe in IL-10-/- 129/SvEv and IL-10-/- BALB/c strains, of intermediate severity in the IL-10-/- 129 x C57BL/6J outbreds, and least severe in the IL-10-/- C57BL/6J strain. ..
- Villegas E, Wille U, Craig L, Linsley P, Rennick D, Peach R, et al. Blockade of costimulation prevents infection-induced immunopathology in interleukin-10-deficient mice. Infect Immun. 2000;68:2837-44 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that the CD28-B7 and CD40-CD40L interactions are involved in the development of infection-induced immunopathology in the absence of IL-10. ..
- Rennick D, Fort M. Lessons from genetically engineered animal models. XII. IL-10-deficient (IL-10(-/-) mice and intestinal inflammation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G829-33 pubmed
- Lang R, Rutschman R, Greaves D, Murray P. Autocrine deactivation of macrophages in transgenic mice constitutively overexpressing IL-10 under control of the human CD68 promoter. J Immunol. 2002;168:3402-11 pubmed
- Jankovic D, Kullberg M, Hieny S, Caspar P, Collazo C, Sher A. In the absence of IL-12, CD4(+) T cell responses to intracellular pathogens fail to default to a Th2 pattern and are host protective in an IL-10(-/-) setting. Immunity. 2002;16:429-39 pubmed
- Anderson C, Mendez S, Sacks D. Nonhealing infection despite Th1 polarization produced by a strain of Leishmania major in C57BL/6 mice. J Immunol. 2005;174:2934-41 pubmed
- Pesce J, Kaviratne M, Ramalingam T, Thompson R, Urban J, Cheever A, et al. The IL-21 receptor augments Th2 effector function and alternative macrophage activation. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2044-55 pubmed..Collectively, these results illustrate an essential function for the IL-21R in the development of pathogen-induced Th2 responses, which may have relevance in therapies for both inflammatory and chronic fibrotic diseases. ..
- Kamanaka M, Kim S, Wan Y, Sutterwala F, Lara Tejero M, Galan J, et al. Expression of interleukin-10 in intestinal lymphocytes detected by an interleukin-10 reporter knockin tiger mouse. Immunity. 2006;25:941-52 pubmed..These findings highlight the intestine as a unique site for induction of IL-10-producing T cells, which play a critical role in the regulation of inflammation in the gut. ..
- Herbert D, Orekov T, Perkins C, Finkelman F. IL-10 and TGF-beta redundantly protect against severe liver injury and mortality during acute schistosomiasis. J Immunol. 2008;181:7214-20 pubmed..mansoni infection by two distinct, organ-specific mechanisms: TGF-beta and IL-10 redundantly suppress hepatic inflammation while intestinal inflammation is regulated by alternatively activated macrophages. ..
- Xu S, Huo J, Lee K, Kurosaki T, Lam K. Phospholipase Cgamma2 is critical for Dectin-1-mediated Ca2+ flux and cytokine production in dendritic cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7038-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that pattern recognition receptors such as Dectin-1 could elicit Ca2+ signaling and that PLCgamma2 is a critical player in the Dectin-1 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Yilma A, Singh S, Fairley S, Taha M, Dennis V. The anti-inflammatory cytokine, interleukin-10, inhibits inflammatory mediators in human epithelial cells and mouse macrophages exposed to live and UV-inactivated Chlamydia trachomatis. Mediators Inflamm. 2012;2012:520174 pubmed publisher..Our data imply that IL-10 is an important regulator of the initial inflammatory response to C. trachomatis infection and that further investigations be made into IL-10 use to combat inflammation induced by this bacterium. ..
- North R. Mice incapable of making IL-4 or IL-10 display normal resistance to infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Clin Exp Immunol. 1998;113:55-8 pubmed..Therefore, the results are inconsistent with the proposition that the inadequacy of Th1-mediated anti-tuberculosis immunity is due to its down-regulation by either of these Th2 cytokines. ..
- Katakura T, Miyazaki M, Kobayashi M, Herndon D, Suzuki F. CCL17 and IL-10 as effectors that enable alternatively activated macrophages to inhibit the generation of classically activated macrophages. J Immunol. 2004;172:1407-13 pubmed..These results indicate that CCL17 and IL-10 released from AAMphi inhibit CAMphi generation from RMphi stimulated with CpG DNA. ..
- Csóka B, Németh Z, Virag L, Gergely P, Leibovich S, Pacher P, et al. A2A adenosine receptors and C/EBPbeta are crucially required for IL-10 production by macrophages exposed to Escherichia coli. Blood. 2007;110:2685-95 pubmed..C/EBPbeta-deficient macrophages failed to produce IL-10 in response to adenosine and E coli. Our results suggest that the A(2A) receptor-C/EBPbeta axis is critical for IL-10 production after bacterial infection. ..
- Collison L, Pillai M, Chaturvedi V, Vignali D. Regulatory T cell suppression is potentiated by target T cells in a cell contact, IL-35- and IL-10-dependent manner. J Immunol. 2009;182:6121-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that it is the induction of suppression, rather than the function of T(reg) that is obligatorily contact dependent. ..
- Darragh J, Ananieva O, Courtney A, Elcombe S, Arthur J. MSK1 regulates the transcription of IL-1ra in response to TLR activation in macrophages. Biochem J. 2010;425:595-602 pubmed publisher..MSKs therefore act as important negative regulators of inflammation following TLR activation. ..
- Loebbermann J, Schnoeller C, Thornton H, Durant L, Sweeney N, Schuijs M, et al. IL-10 regulates viral lung immunopathology during acute respiratory syncytial virus infection in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32371 pubmed publisher..Similar findings were made in mice treated with anti-IL-10R antibody and infected with RSV. Therefore, IL-10 inhibits disease and inflammation in mice infected with RSV, especially during recovery from infection. ..
- Jones D, Ackermann M, Wille U, Hunter C, Scott P. Early enhanced Th1 response after Leishmania amazonensis infection of C57BL/6 interleukin-10-deficient mice does not lead to resolution of infection. Infect Immun. 2002;70:2151-8 pubmed..These results indicate that although IL-10 plays a role in limiting the Th1 response during the acute infection phase, other immunomodulatory factors are responsible for limiting the Th1 response during the chronic phase. ..
- Kim S, Tonkonogy S, Albright C, Tsang J, Balish E, Braun J, et al. Variable phenotypes of enterocolitis in interleukin 10-deficient mice monoassociated with two different commensal bacteria. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:891-906 pubmed..we characterized disease kinetics and bacterial antigen-specific T-cell responses in ex germ-free interleukin 10 -/- and wild-type control mice monoassociated with Enterococcus faecalis , Escherichia coli , or Pseudomonas ..
- Karrasch T, Kim J, Jang B, Jobin C. The flavonoid luteolin worsens chemical-induced colitis in NF-kappaB(EGFP) transgenic mice through blockade of NF-kappaB-dependent protective molecules. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e596 pubmed..We conclude that while luteolin shows beneficial effects on spontaneous colitis, it aggravates DSS-induced experimental colitis by blocking NF-kappaB-dependent protective molecules in enterocytes. ..
- Kasten K, Muenzer J, Caldwell C. Neutrophils are significant producers of IL-10 during sepsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:28-31 pubmed publisher..We next depleted neutrophils and found a 40% decrease in peritoneal IL-10 levels. Altogether, this report demonstrates that among leukocytes, neutrophils are significant contributors of IL-10 at the site of infection during sepsis...
- Sun J, Cardani A, Sharma A, Laubach V, Jack R, Muller W, et al. Autocrine regulation of pulmonary inflammation by effector T-cell derived IL-10 during infection with respiratory syncytial virus. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002173 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potentially critical role of effector T cell-derived IL-10 in controlling disease severity in clinical RSV infection. ..
- Walmsley M, Katsikis P, Abney E, Parry S, Williams R, Maini R, et al. Interleukin-10 inhibition of the progression of established collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 1996;39:495-503 pubmed..01). IL-10 suppresses established CIA, probably by inhibiting proinflammatory cytokine production. Our results, taken together with previously reported findings, indicate a potential therapeutic role for IL-10 in RA. ..
- Chmiel J, Konstan M, Saadane A, Krenicky J, Lester Kirchner H, Berger M. Prolonged inflammatory response to acute Pseudomonas challenge in interleukin-10 knockout mice. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002;165:1176-81 pubmed..These data suggest that IL-10 deficiency contributes to prolonged inflammatory responses early in CF, when infection may be transient. ..
- Fitzgerald D, Zhang G, El Behi M, Fonseca Kelly Z, Li H, Yu S, et al. Suppression of autoimmune inflammation of the central nervous system by interleukin 10 secreted by interleukin 27-stimulated T cells. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1372-9 pubmed..Our data show that IL-27-induced production of IL-10 by effector T cells contributes to the immunomodulatory function of IL-27. ..
- Greenberger M, Strieter R, Kunkel S, Danforth J, Goodman R, Standiford T. Neutralization of IL-10 increases survival in a murine model of Klebsiella pneumonia. J Immunol. 1995;155:722-9 pubmed
- Roque S, Nobrega C, Appelberg R, Correia Neves M. IL-10 underlies distinct susceptibility of BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice to Mycobacterium avium infection and influences efficacy of antibiotic therapy. J Immunol. 2007;178:8028-35 pubmed..This should now be considered in the context of human response to mycobacterial infection, particularly as a possible strategy to improve treatment against infections by mycobacteria...
- Li M, Flavell R. Contextual regulation of inflammation: a duet by transforming growth factor-beta and interleukin-10. Immunity. 2008;28:468-76 pubmed publisher..The collective activity of TGF-beta and IL-10 ensures a controlled inflammatory response specifically targeting pathogens without evoking excessive immunopathology to self-tissues. ..
- Bhattacharyya S, Deb J, Patra A, Thuy Pham D, Chen W, Vaeth M, et al. NFATc1 affects mouse splenic B cell function by controlling the calcineurin--NFAT signaling network. J Exp Med. 2011;208:823-39 pubmed publisher..Mice bearing NFATc1(-/-) B cells harbor twofold more interleukin 10-producing B cells...
- Maeda H, Kuwahara H, Ichimura Y, Ohtsuki M, Kurakata S, Shiraishi A. TGF-beta enhances macrophage ability to produce IL-10 in normal and tumor-bearing mice. J Immunol. 1995;155:4926-32 pubmed..Based on the above findings it can be concluded that TGF-beta enhances macrophage ability to produce IL-10, which sheds a new light on the role of TGF-beta in the immune system. ..
- Cao S, Liu J, Chesi M, Bergsagel P, Ho I, Donnelly R, et al. Differential regulation of IL-12 and IL-10 gene expression in macrophages by the basic leucine zipper transcription factor c-Maf fibrosarcoma. J Immunol. 2002;169:5715-25 pubmed..However, IL-10-mediated inhibition of IL-12 production remains intact, indicating the existence of alternative mediators in the absence of c-Maf, consistent with the observation that a functional AP-1 is required for this pathway. ..
- McKee A, Pearce E. CD25+CD4+ cells contribute to Th2 polarization during helminth infection by suppressing Th1 response development. J Immunol. 2004;173:1224-31 pubmed..The data suggest that natural Treg cells and, to a lesser extent, Th2 cells play roles in suppressing Th1 responses and ensuring Th2 polarization during schistosomiasis. ..
- Barbarin V, Xing Z, Delos M, Lison D, Huaux F. Pulmonary overexpression of IL-10 augments lung fibrosis and Th2 responses induced by silica particles. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L841-8 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that the increased expression of IL-10 significantly contributed to silica-induced lung fibrosis by exacerbating the Th2 response and the production of the profibrotic cytokines IL-4 and IL-13. ..
- Hirotani T, Lee P, Kuwata H, Yamamoto M, Matsumoto M, Kawase I, et al. The nuclear IkappaB protein IkappaBNS selectively inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced IL-6 production in macrophages of the colonic lamina propria. J Immunol. 2005;174:3650-7 pubmed..Thus, IkappaBNS selectively suppresses LPS-induced IL-6 production in macrophages. This study established that nuclear IkappaB proteins differentially regulate LPS-induced inflammatory cytokine production in macrophages. ..
- Boonstra A, Rajsbaum R, Holman M, Marques R, Asselin Paturel C, Pereira J, et al. Macrophages and myeloid dendritic cells, but not plasmacytoid dendritic cells, produce IL-10 in response to MyD88- and TRIF-dependent TLR signals, and TLR-independent signals. J Immunol. 2006;177:7551-8 pubmed
- Rennick D, Davidson N, Berg D. Interleukin-10 gene knock-out mice: a model of chronic inflammation. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1995;76:S174-8 pubmed
- Sanni L, Jarra W, Li C, Langhorne J. Cerebral edema and cerebral hemorrhages in interleukin-10-deficient mice infected with Plasmodium chabaudi. Infect Immun. 2004;72:3054-8 pubmed..Anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha treatment ameliorated both cerebral edema and hemorrhages, suggesting that proinflammatory responses contributed to cerebral complications in infected IL-10(-/-) mice. ..
- Lucas M, Zhang X, Prasanna V, Mosser D. ERK activation following macrophage FcgammaR ligation leads to chromatin modifications at the IL-10 locus. J Immunol. 2005;175:469-77 pubmed..The rapid and transient regulation of transcription factor accessibility to the IL-10 promoter by MAPK activation represents a novel way that the production of this cytokine is regulated. ..
- van der Poll T, Marchant A, Keogh C, Goldman M, Lowry S. Interleukin-10 impairs host defense in murine pneumococcal pneumonia. J Infect Dis. 1996;174:994-1000 pubmed..These results indicate that during pneumococcal pneumonia, IL-10 attenuates the proinflammatory cytokine response within the lungs, hampers effective clearance of the infection, and shortens survival. ..
- Dai W, Kohler G, Brombacher F. Both innate and acquired immunity to Listeria monocytogenes infection are increased in IL-10-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1997;158:2259-67 pubmed..The physiologic role of IL-10 during L. monocytogenes infection studies is discussed and compared with pathogenic infections that induce a more systemic cytokine response in IL-10-deficient mice. ..
- Schaljo B, Kratochvill F, Gratz N, Sadzak I, Sauer I, Hammer M, et al. Tristetraprolin is required for full anti-inflammatory response of murine macrophages to IL-10. J Immunol. 2009;183:1197-206 pubmed publisher..These findings establish that TTP is required for full responses of bone marrow-derived murine macrophages to IL-10. ..
- Bamboat Z, Ocuin L, Balachandran V, Obaid H, Plitas G, Dematteo R. Conventional DCs reduce liver ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice via IL-10 secretion. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:559-69 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate inflammatory monocytes as mediators of liver I/R injury and reveal that cDCs respond to DAMPS during sterile inflammation, providing the host with protection from progressive tissue damage. ..
- Motomura Y, Kitamura H, Hijikata A, Matsunaga Y, Matsumoto K, Inoue H, et al. The transcription factor E4BP4 regulates the production of IL-10 and IL-13 in CD4+ T cells. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:450-9 pubmed publisherThe immunoregulatory cytokine interleukin 10 (IL-10) is expressed mainly by T helper type 2 (T(H)2) cells but also by T(H)1 cells during chronic infection...
- Parajuli N, Yuan Y, Zheng X, Bedja D, Cai Z. Phosphatase PTEN is critically involved in post-myocardial infarction remodeling through the Akt/interleukin-10 signaling pathway. Basic Res Cardiol. 2012;107:248 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PTEN is critically involved in post-MI remodeling through the Akt/IL-10 signaling pathway. Therefore, targeting PTEN may be an effective approach to post-MI remodeling. ..
- Kuwata H, Watanabe Y, Miyoshi H, Yamamoto M, Kaisho T, Takeda K, et al. IL-10-inducible Bcl-3 negatively regulates LPS-induced TNF-alpha production in macrophages. Blood. 2003;102:4123-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that IL-10-induced Bcl-3 is required for suppression of TNF-alpha production in macrophages. ..
- Rifa i M, Shi Z, Zhang S, Lee Y, Shiku H, Isobe K, et al. CD8+CD122+ regulatory T cells recognize activated T cells via conventional MHC class I-alphabetaTCR interaction and become IL-10-producing active regulatory cells. Int Immunol. 2008;20:937-47 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CD8(+)CD122(+) Treg recognize already-activated T cells via the interaction of conventional MHC class I-alphabetaTCR and become active regulatory cells that produce IL-10 and suppress the target cells. ..
- Kim J, Brannan C, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Khan T, Moore K. Structure of the mouse IL-10 gene and chromosomal localization of the mouse and human genes. J Immunol. 1992;148:3618-23 pubmed..The mIL-10 gene was mapped to mouse chromosome 1 and the human IL-10 gene was also mapped to human chromosome 1. ..
- Sun J, Madan R, Karp C, Braciale T. Effector T cells control lung inflammation during acute influenza virus infection by producing IL-10. Nat Med. 2009;15:277-84 pubmed publisher..We discuss the potential implications of these findings for infection with highly pathogenic influenza viruses. ..
- Dudeck A, Dudeck J, Scholten J, Petzold A, Surianarayanan S, Köhler A, et al. Mast cells are key promoters of contact allergy that mediate the adjuvant effects of haptens. Immunity. 2011;34:973-84 pubmed publisher..In addition, mast cell-specific inactivation of the Il10 gene did not reveal any role for mast cell-derived IL-10 in the regulation of contact allergy...
- Davidson N, Leach M, Fort M, Thompson Snipes L, Kuhn R, Muller W, et al. T helper cell 1-type CD4+ T cells, but not B cells, mediate colitis in interleukin 10-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1996;184:241-51 pubmedMice rendered deficient in the production of interleukin 10 (IL-10-/-) develop a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that predominates in the colon and shares histopathological features with human IBD...
- Ejrnaes M, Filippi C, Martinic M, Ling E, Togher L, Crotty S, et al. Resolution of a chronic viral infection after interleukin-10 receptor blockade. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2461-72 pubmed..Therapeutic IL-10R blockade broke the cycle of IL-10-mediated immune suppression, preventing IL-10 priming by CD8alpha- DCs and enhancing antiviral responses and thereby resolving infection without causing immunopathology. ..
- Rutz S, Janke M, Kassner N, Hohnstein T, Krueger M, Scheffold A. Notch regulates IL-10 production by T helper 1 cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3497-502 pubmed publisher..This pathway may provide unique opportunities for therapeutic intervention in Th1-driven immune diseases and for Th1-associated vaccination strategies. ..
- Yanaba K, Bouaziz J, Matsushita T, Tsubata T, Tedder T. The development and function of regulatory B cells expressing IL-10 (B10 cells) requires antigen receptor diversity and TLR signals. J Immunol. 2009;182:7459-72 pubmed publisher..Thereby, both adaptive and innate signals regulate B10 cell development, maturation, CD5 expression, and competence for IL-10 production. ..
- Dai H, Wan N, Zhang S, Moore Y, Wan F, Dai Z. Cutting edge: programmed death-1 defines CD8+CD122+ T cells as regulatory versus memory T cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:803-7 pubmed publisher..This study reconciles previously contradictory findings and has important implications for tolerance induction. ..
- Taga K, Cherney B, Tosato G. IL-10 inhibits apoptotic cell death in human T cells starved of IL-2. Int Immunol. 1993;5:1599-608 pubmed..Thus, another property of IL-10 is to promote the survival of IL-2-dependent T cells otherwise destined to die by apoptosis. ..
- Endharti A, Rifa i M, Shi Z, Fukuoka Y, Nakahara Y, Kawamoto Y, et al. Cutting edge: CD8+CD122+ regulatory T cells produce IL-10 to suppress IFN-gamma production and proliferation of CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:7093-7 pubmed..Our results clearly indicate that IL-10 is produced by CD8+CD122+ cells and mediates the regulatory activity of these cells. ..
- French A, Sjölin H, Kim S, Koka R, Yang L, Young D, et al. DAP12 signaling directly augments proproliferative cytokine stimulation of NK cells during viral infections. J Immunol. 2006;177:4981-90 pubmed..The impact of Ly49H-mediated signaling on NK cell proliferation is masked in the presence of high concentrations of proproliferative cytokines that nonselectively drive all NK cells to proliferate. ..
- Chang E, Guo B, Doyle S, Cheng G. Cutting edge: involvement of the type I IFN production and signaling pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced IL-10 production. J Immunol. 2007;178:6705-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest a novel anti-inflammatory role for the type I IFN production and signaling pathway in regulating LPS response in bone marrow-derived macrophages. ..
- Hoffmann K, Cheever A, Wynn T. IL-10 and the dangers of immune polarization: excessive type 1 and type 2 cytokine responses induce distinct forms of lethal immunopathology in murine schistosomiasis. J Immunol. 2000;164:6406-16 pubmed