Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Igbp1
Description: immunoglobulin (CD79A) binding protein 1
Alias: AI115586, AI662457, AW208785, C81413, Pc52, Tap42, p52, immunoglobulin-binding protein 1, CD79a-binding protein 1, alpha 4, alpha4 phosphoprotein, lymphocyte signal transduction molecule alpha 4, phosphoprotein, component, 52 kDa, protein phosphatase 2/4/6 regulatory subunit
- Hua D, Inui S, Yamashita T, Maeda K, Takagi K, Takeda J, et al. T cell-specific gene targeting reveals that alpha4 is required for early T cell development. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1899-906 pubmed..A severe impairment of CD3-induced expression of CD25 was also observed. These data suggest that alpha4 plays a critical role in the proliferation of thymocytes, which is necessary for early T cell development. ..
- Kong M, Fox C, Mu J, Solt L, Xu A, Cinalli R, et al. The PP2A-associated protein alpha4 is an essential inhibitor of apoptosis. Science. 2004;306:695-8 pubmed..Thus, mammalian cell viability depends on repression of transcription-initiated apoptosis mediated by a component of PP2A. ..
- Kloeker S, Reed R, McConnell J, Chang D, Tran K, Westphal R, et al. Parallel purification of three catalytic subunits of the protein serine/threonine phosphatase 2A family (PP2A(C), PP4(C), and PP6(C)) and analysis of the interaction of PP2A(C) with alpha4 protein. Protein Expr Purif. 2003;31:19-33 pubmed..Together, these findings increase our understanding of the biochemistry of alpha4/phosphatase complexes and suggest that the alpha4 binding site within PP2A may include the phosphatase catalytic domain. ..
- Everett A, Brautigan D. Developmental expression of alpha4 protein phosphatase regulatory subunit in tissues affected by Opitz syndrome. Dev Dyn. 2002;224:461-4 pubmed..The alpha4 gene lies in the linkage interval for FG syndrome, characterized by skeletal muscle and brain defects that coincide closely to the expression pattern of alpha4. ..
- Prickett T, Brautigan D. Overlapping binding sites in protein phosphatase 2A for association with regulatory A and alpha-4 (mTap42) subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38912-20 pubmed..a scaffold subunit (A subunit or PR65); however, PP2Ac alternatively binds to alpha-4, a subunit related to yeast Tap42 protein, which also associates with phosphatases PP4 or PP6...
- Inui S, Kuwahara K, Mizutani J, Maeda K, Kawai T, Nakayasu H, et al. Molecular cloning of a cDNA clone encoding a phosphoprotein component related to the Ig receptor-mediated signal transduction. J Immunol. 1995;154:2714-23 pubmed..Here we isolated a cDNA clone (alpha 4) from a murine bone marrow cDNA library in lambda gt-11 vector by the 19-14 mAb...
- Yamashita T, Inui S, Maeda K, Hua D, Takagi K, Fukunaga K, et al. Regulation of CaMKII by alpha4/PP2Ac contributes to learning and memory. Brain Res. 2006;1082:1-10 pubmed..These results suggest that alpha4 and PP2A may thus play an important role in CaMKIIalpha regulation and thereby also influence learning. ..
- Prickett T, Brautigan D. Cytokine activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and apoptosis is opposed by alpha-4 targeting of protein phosphatase 2A for site-specific dephosphorylation of MEK3. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4217-27 pubmed..The results show that alpha-4 targets PP2A activity to MEK3 to suppress p38 MAPK activation by cytokines, thereby inhibiting apoptosis and anoikis. ..
- Grech G, Blázquez Domingo M, Kolbus A, Bakker W, Mullner E, Beug H, et al. Igbp1 is part of a positive feedback loop in stem cell factor-dependent, selective mRNA translation initiation inhibiting erythroid differentiation. Blood. 2008;112:2750-60 pubmed publisher..One of the targets, Immunoglobulin binding protein 1 (Igbp1), is a regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A (Pp2a) sustaining mTOR signaling...
- Inui S, Maeda K, Hua D, Yamashita T, Yamamoto H, Miyamoto E, et al. BCR signal through alpha 4 is involved in S6 kinase activation and required for B cell maturation including isotype switching and V region somatic hypermutation. Int Immunol. 2002;14:177-87 pubmedb>alpha 4 potentially mediates BCR signals through a rapamycin-sensitive TOR pathway...
- Short K, Hopwood B, Yi Z, Cox T. MID1 and MID2 homo- and heterodimerise to tether the rapamycin-sensitive PP2A regulatory subunit, alpha 4, to microtubules: implications for the clinical variability of X-linked Opitz GBBB syndrome and other developmental disorders. BMC Cell Biol. 2002;3:1 pubmed..Using this system we identified Alpha 4, a regulatory subunit of PP2-type phosphatases and a key component of the rapamycin-sensitive signaling pathway, ..
- Kuwahara K, Matsuo T, Nomura J, Igarashi H, Kimoto M, Inui S, et al. Identification of a 52-kDa molecule (p52) coprecipitated with the Ig receptor-related MB-1 protein that is inducibly phosphorylated by the stimulation with phorbol myristate acetate. J Immunol. 1994;152:2742-52 pubmed..prepared by immunizing the 52-kDa protein purified from SDS-PAGE, could detect the similar 52-kDa phosphoprotein (p52) expressed on the cell surface...