Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ift52
Description: intraflagellar transport 52
Alias: BC037708, NGD5, intraflagellar transport protein 52 homolog, intraflagellar transport 52 homolog
- Wick M, Ann D, Loh H. Molecular cloning of a novel protein regulated by opioid treatment of NG108-15 cells. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1995;32:171-5 pubmedA new cDNA clone, NGD5, has been identified from a subtraction cDNA library constructed with mRNA isolated from control neuroblastoma x glioma NG108-15 cells and cells treated for 48 h with the delta-opioid agonist, D-Ala2, D-Leu5 ..
- Liu A, Wang B, Niswander L. Mouse intraflagellar transport proteins regulate both the activator and repressor functions of Gli transcription factors. Development. 2005;132:3103-11 pubmed..In addition, we show that partial loss-of-function mutations in another mouse IFT gene, Ift52 (Ngd5), result in similar phenotypes and abnormal Hh signaling as Fxo, indicating a general requirement for IFT ..
- Ye X, Zeng H, Ning G, Reiter J, Liu A. C2cd3 is critical for centriolar distal appendage assembly and ciliary vesicle docking in mammals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:2164-9 pubmed publisher..C2cd3 is also required for recruiting the intraflagellar transport proteins Ift88 and Ift52 to the mother centriole...
- Liew G, Ye F, Nager A, Murphy J, Lee J, Aguiar M, et al. The intraflagellar transport protein IFT27 promotes BBSome exit from cilia through the GTPase ARL6/BBS3. Dev Cell. 2014;31:265-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that IFT27 separates from IFT-B inside cilia to promote ARL6 activation, BBSome coat assembly, and subsequent ciliary exit, mirroring the process by which BBSome mediates cargo entry into cilia. ..
- Wei Q, Zhang Y, Li Y, Zhang Q, Ling K, Hu J. The BBSome controls IFT assembly and turnaround in cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:950-7 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the BBSome as the key player regulating IFT assembly and turnaround in cilia...