Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ift172
Description: intraflagellar transport 172
Alias: 4930553F24Rik, Slb, avc1, wim, intraflagellar transport protein 172 homolog, intraflagellar transport 172 homolog, intraflagellar transport 172 protein, protein wimple, selective LIM-binding factor Wimple
- Ocbina P, Tuson M, Anderson K. Primary cilia are not required for normal canonical Wnt signaling in the mouse embryo. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6839 pubmed publisher..that lack primary cilia because of loss of the anterograde IFT kinesin-II motor (Kif3a) or IFT complex B proteins (Ift172 or Ift88). We also analyzed mutant embryos with abnormal primary cilia due to defects in retrograde IFT (Dync2h1)...
- Ocbina P, Eggenschwiler J, Moskowitz I, Anderson K. Complex interactions between genes controlling trafficking in primary cilia. Nat Genet. 2011;43:547-53 pubmed publisher..Heterozygosity for Ift172, a gene required for anterograde ciliary trafficking, suppresses cilia phenotypes, Sonic hedgehog signaling ..
- Follit J, Xu F, Keady B, Pazour G. Characterization of mouse IFT complex B. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2009;66:457-68 pubmed publisher..We tagged each of these proteins with the FLAG epitope and show that all except IFT172 and IFT20 localize to cilia and the peri-basal body or centrosomal region at the base of cilia...
- Howard P, Howard T, Maurer R. Generation of mice with a conditional allele for Ift172. Transgenic Res. 2010;19:121-6 pubmed publisherb>Ift172 encodes a gene product that is part of a complex that mediates intraflagellar transport (IFT), a process necessary for the genesis and maintenance of cilia...
- Larkins C, Long A, Caspary T. Defective Nodal and Cerl2 expression in the Arl13b(hnn) mutant node underlie its heterotaxia. Dev Biol. 2012;367:15-24 pubmed publisher..Symmetric Nodal and Cerl2 in the node could result from defects in either the generation and/ or the detection of Nodal flow, which would account for the subsequent defects in the LPM and organ positioning. ..
- Burnett J, LUPU F, Eggenschwiler J. Proper ciliary assembly is critical for restricting Hedgehog signaling during early eye development in mice. Dev Biol. 2017;430:32-40 pubmed publisher..b>Ift172 mutants fail to generate primary cilia and exhibit patterning defects that resemble those of Gli3 mutants, ..
- Navarro N, Maga A. Does 3D Phenotyping Yield Substantial Insights in the Genetics of the Mouse Mandible Shape?. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:1153-63 pubmed publisher..Most of the main variation is, nonetheless, preferentially embedded in the natural 2D plane of the hemi-mandible, reinforcing the results of earlier influential investigations. ..
- Ishikawa H, Ide T, Yagi T, Jiang X, Hirono M, Sasaki H, et al. TTC26/DYF13 is an intraflagellar transport protein required for transport of motility-related proteins into flagella. elife. 2014;3:e01566 pubmed..These results support the concept that different IFT proteins are responsible for different cargo subsets, providing a possible explanation for the complexity of the IFT machinery. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01566.001...
- Cheng G, Salerno J, Cao Z, Pagano P, Lambeth J. Identification and characterization of VPO1, a new animal heme-containing peroxidase. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:1682-94 pubmed publisher..5 mM. When co-expressed in cells, VPO1 can use H(2)O(2) produced by NADPH oxidase enzymes. VPO1 is likely to carry out peroxidative reactions previously attributed exclusively to myeloperoxidase in the vascular system. ..
- Ezratty E, Stokes N, Chai S, Shah A, Williams S, Fuchs E. A role for the primary cilium in Notch signaling and epidermal differentiation during skin development. Cell. 2011;145:1129-41 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil temporally and spatially distinct functions for primary cilia at the nexus of signaling, proliferation, and differentiation. ..
- Kamp A, Peterson M, Svenson K, Bjork B, Hentges K, Rajapaksha T, et al. Genome-wide identification of mouse congenital heart disease loci. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3105-13 pubmed publisher..We mapped the locus responsible for heritable atrioventricular septal defects in six lines (avc1-6)...
- Sloboda R, Howard L. Localization of EB1, IFT polypeptides, and kinesin-2 in Chlamydomonas flagellar axonemes via immunogold scanning electron microscopy. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:446-60 pubmed..polyclonal antibodies to kinesin-2 and monoclonal antibodies to either IFT139 (an IFT complex A polypeptide) or IFT172 (a complex B polypeptide)...
- ..Here, we discuss the links between cilia and Shh signaling, as well as suggesting additional roles for cilia, and mechanisms for their placement, in the neural tube. ..
- Goggolidou P, Stevens J, Agueci F, Keynton J, Wheway G, Grimes D, et al. ATMIN is a transcriptional regulator of both lung morphogenesis and ciliogenesis. Development. 2014;141:3966-77 pubmed publisher..This identifies potential novel components of cytoplasmic dynein 2 and furthermore provides fresh insights into the molecular pathogenesis of human skeletal ciliopathies. ..
- Liew G, Ye F, Nager A, Murphy J, Lee J, Aguiar M, et al. The intraflagellar transport protein IFT27 promotes BBSome exit from cilia through the GTPase ARL6/BBS3. Dev Cell. 2014;31:265-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that IFT27 separates from IFT-B inside cilia to promote ARL6 activation, BBSome coat assembly, and subsequent ciliary exit, mirroring the process by which BBSome mediates cargo entry into cilia. ..
- Lamberti A, Sanges C, Chambery A, Migliaccio N, Rosso F, Di Maro A, et al. Analysis of interaction partners for eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1A M-domain by functional proteomics. Biochimie. 2011;93:1738-46 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, a co-localization of SORBS2 and eEF1A was evidenced at level of plasma membrane, thus suggesting the involvement of eEF1A1 in novel key signal transduction complexes. ..
- Ashique A, Choe Y, Karlen M, May S, Phamluong K, Solloway M, et al. The Rfx4 transcription factor modulates Shh signaling by regional control of ciliogenesis. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra70 pubmed publisher..We find that Ift172, which encodes an intraflagellar transport protein necessary for ciliogenesis, is a direct transcriptional target ..
- Krähling A, Alvarez L, Debowski K, Van Q, Gunkel M, Irsen S, et al. CRIS-a novel cAMP-binding protein controlling spermiogenesis and the development of flagellar bending. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003960 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CRIS interacts during spermiogenesis with Ca(2+)-regulated proteins that--in mature sperm--are involved in flagellar bending. ..