Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ifnl3
Description: interferon lambda 3
Alias: IFL-1, IL-28B, INF-alpha, INF-lambda, Il28, Il28b, interferon lambda-3, IFN-lambda-3, interferon alpha, interleukin 28, interleukin-28B
- Fox J, Crabtree J, Sage L, Tompkins S, Tripp R. Interferon Lambda Upregulates IDO1 Expression in Respiratory Epithelial Cells After Influenza Virus Infection. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2015;35:554-62 pubmed publisher..These studies show a role for IDO in the host response to influenza infection, and they provide insights into novel approaches for enhancing vaccine responses and therapeutic approaches. ..
- Sinha S, Guo Y, Thet S, Yuan D. IFN type I and type II independent enhancement of B cell TLR7 expression by natural killer cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;92:713-22 pubmed publisher..This increased expression allows B cells to respond more readily upon stimulation by its ligand and may increase in vivo responses to other TLR7 ligands, such as autoantigens, prior to or jointly with stimulation by other cytokines. ..
- Koltsida O, Hausding M, Stavropoulos A, Koch S, Tzelepis G, Ubel C, et al. IL-28A (IFN-?2) modulates lung DC function to promote Th1 immune skewing and suppress allergic airway disease. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:348-61 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a critical role of IL-28 cytokines in controlling T cell responses in vivo through the modulation of lung CD11c(+) DC function in experimental allergic asthma. ..
- Cathcart H, Zheng M, Covar J, Liu Y, Podolsky R, Atherton S. Interferon-gamma, macrophages, and virus spread after HSV-1 injection. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:3984-93 pubmed publisher..Protection of the retina of the injected eye does not depend on a single cell type or cytokine. In addition, in the eye, as in other sites of the body, there are redundancies in the innate response to virus infection. ..
- Jewell N, Cline T, Mertz S, Smirnov S, Flano E, Schindler C, et al. Lambda interferon is the predominant interferon induced by influenza A virus infection in vivo. J Virol. 2010;84:11515-22 pubmed publisher..However, the overlapping effects of these two cytokine families are limited by their differential receptor expression, with a requirement for IFN-?/? signaling in combating systemic disease. ..
- Maher S, Sheikh F, Scarzello A, Romero Weaver A, Baker D, Donnelly R, et al. IFNalpha and IFNlambda differ in their antiproliferative effects and duration of JAK/STAT signaling activity. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:1109-15 pubmed..Thus our data demonstrate that the duration of IFNlambda signaling is different from that of IFNalpha, and that IFNlambda could be a suitable cytokine to evaluate for cancer therapy. ..
- Wang Y, Li T, Chen Y, Wei H, Sun R, Tian Z. Involvement of NK Cells in IL-28B-Mediated Immunity against Influenza Virus Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:1012-1020 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the NK cell-promoting features of IL-28B will facilitate future clinical application of this cytokine. ..
- Morrow M, Pankhong P, Laddy D, Schoenly K, Yan J, Cisper N, et al. Comparative ability of IL-12 and IL-28B to regulate Treg populations and enhance adaptive cellular immunity. Blood. 2009;113:5868-77 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we report that IL-28B can induce 100% protection from mortality after a lethal influenza challenge. These data suggest that IL-28B is a strong candidate for further studies of vaccine or immunotherapy protocols. ..
- HernÃ¡ndez P, Mahlakõiv T, Yang I, Schwierzeck V, Nguyen N, Guendel F, et al. Interferon-Î» and interleukin 22 act synergistically for the induction of interferon-stimulated genes and control of rotavirus infection. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:698-707 pubmed publisher..These data may inform the design of novel immunotherapy for viral infections that are sensitive to interferons. ..
- Sato A, Ohtsuki M, Hata M, Kobayashi E, Murakami T. Antitumor activity of IFN-lambda in murine tumor models. J Immunol. 2006;176:7686-94 pubmed..These findings suggested that local delivery of IFN-lambda might prove a useful adjunctive strategy in the clinical treatment of human malignancies. ..
- Kotenko S, Langer J. Full house: 12 receptors for 27 cytokines. Int Immunopharmacol. 2004;4:593-608 pubmed..Nevertheless, signaling events induced through various combinations of CRF2 subunits partially overlap, leading to the induction of overlapping but cytokine-specific biological activities. ..