Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Icam2
Description: intercellular adhesion molecule 2
Alias: CD102, Icam-2, Ly-60, intercellular adhesion molecule 2, lymphocyte function-associated AG-1 counter-receptor
- Huang M, Mason J, Birdsey G, Amsellem V, Gerwin N, Haskard D, et al. Endothelial intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-2 regulates angiogenesis. Blood. 2005;106:1636-43 pubmed..The leukocyte adhesion molecule intercellular adhesion molecule 2 (ICAM-2) is expressed at the endothelial junctions...
- Buck C, Edelman J, Buck C, Kennedy G, Baldwin H. Expression patterns of adhesion receptors in the developing mouse lung: functional implications. Cell Adhes Commun. 1996;4:69-87 pubmed..The expression of thrombomodulin only at sites of airway branching suggests that the thrombin/thrombomodulin system could play a pivotal, regulatory role in branching morphogenesis. ..
- Bohnsack B, Lai L, Northrop J, Justice M, Hirschi K. Visceral endoderm function is regulated by quaking and required for vascular development. Genesis. 2006;44:93-104 pubmed..Although these defects were rescued by exogenous RA, visceral endoderm function or vascular remodeling were not restored. Thus, we conclude that qkI regulates visceral endoderm function, which is critical for vascular remodeling. ..
- Amsellem V, Dryden N, Martinelli R, Gavins F, Almagro L, Birdsey G, et al. ICAM-2 regulates vascular permeability and N-cadherin localization through ezrin-radixin-moesin (ERM) proteins and Rac-1 signalling. Cell Commun Signal. 2014;12:12 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ICAM-2 regulates endothelial barrier function and permeability through a pathway involving N-Cadherin, ERMs and Rac-1. ..
- Watts G, Beurskens F, Martin Padura I, Ballantyne C, Klickstein L, Brenner M, et al. Manifestations of inflammatory arthritis are critically dependent on LFA-1. J Immunol. 2005;174:3668-75 pubmed..Blocking mAbs further revealed an ongoing requirement for LFA-1 I-domain adhesive function in disease perpetuation. These findings suggest that the LFA-1 I-domain forms an attractive target for treatment of human inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Leeb T, Muller M. Comparative human-mouse-rat sequence analysis of the ICAM gene cluster on HSA 19p13.2 and a 185-kb porcine region from SSC 2q. Gene. 2004;343:239-44 pubmed..The loss of Icam3 in rodent genomes might be relevant for rodent-specific properties of the T-cell-mediated immune response. All the other investigated genes are conserved across all four investigated sequences. ..
- Lai L, Bohnsack B, Niederreither K, Hirschi K. Retinoic acid regulates endothelial cell proliferation during vasculogenesis. Development. 2003;130:6465-74 pubmed..Thus, these data indicate that RA plays a crucial role in mammalian vascular development; it is required to control endothelial cell proliferation and vascular remodeling during vasculogenesis. ..
- Kikuchi S, Hata M, Fukumoto K, Yamane Y, Matsui T, Tamura A, et al. Radixin deficiency causes conjugated hyperbilirubinemia with loss of Mrp2 from bile canalicular membranes. Nat Genet. 2002;31:320-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that radixin is required for secretion of conjugated bilirubin through its support of Mrp2 localization at BCMs...
- Sugino H. ICAM-3, a ligand for DC-SIGN, was duplicated from ICAM-1 in mammalian evolution, but was lost in the rodent genome. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2901-6 pubmed..Thus, ICAM-3 arose from ICAM-1 in the mammalian evolution, but was lost in the rodent's genome. Our study suggests the different immune response in the rodents in comparison with other mammals. ..
- Siva K, Inamdar M. Rudhira is a cytoplasmic WD40 protein expressed in mouse embryonic stem cells and during embryonic erythropoiesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:225-34 pubmed..We demonstrate that mouse Rudhira is a novel marker for analysis of the erythroid lineage. ..
- Takai Y, Kitano K, Terawaki S, Maesaki R, Hakoshima T. Structural basis of the cytoplasmic tail of adhesion molecule CD43 and its binding to ERM proteins. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:634-44 pubmed publisher..Our structure suggests that regulation of ERM binding may be coupled with regulated intramembrane proteolysis of CD43 followed by the nuclear transfer of the cytoplasmic peptide. ..
- Rudolph H, Klopstein A, Gruber I, Blatti C, Lyck R, Engelhardt B. Postarrest stalling rather than crawling favors CD8(+) over CD4(+) T-cell migration across the blood-brain barrier under flow in vitro. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:2187-203 pubmed publisher..Thus, cellular and molecular mechanisms mediating the multistep extravasation of activated CD8(+) T cells across the BBB are distinguishable from those involved for CD4(+) T cells. ..
- Gorina R, Lyck R, Vestweber D, Engelhardt B. ?2 integrin-mediated crawling on endothelial ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 is a prerequisite for transcellular neutrophil diapedesis across the inflamed blood-brain barrier. J Immunol. 2014;192:324-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?2 integrin-mediated neutrophil crawling on endothelial ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 is a prerequisite for transcellular neutrophil diapedesis across the inflamed BBB. ..
- Simecek P, Churchill G, Yang H, Rowe L, Herberg L, Serreze D, et al. Genetic Analysis of Substrain Divergence in Non-Obese Diabetic (NOD) Mice. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:771-5 pubmed publisher..3 distinguishes NOD/ShiLtJ and NOD/ShiLtDvs from three other substrains, whereas a 111-kb deletion in the Icam2 gene on Chromosome 11 is unique to the NOD/ShiLtDvs genome...
- Bohnsack B, Lai L, Dolle P, Hirschi K. Signaling hierarchy downstream of retinoic acid that independently regulates vascular remodeling and endothelial cell proliferation. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1345-58 pubmed
- Feduska J, Aller S, Garcia P, Cramer S, Council L, van Waardenburg R, et al. ICAM-2 confers a non-metastatic phenotype in neuroblastoma cells by interaction with ?-actinin. Oncogene. 2015;34:1553-62 pubmed publisher..The data suggest the presence of ?-actinin-dependent and ?-actinin-independent mechanisms, and indicate that the interaction of ICAM-2 with ?-actinin is critical to conferring an ICAM-2-mediated non-metastatic phenotype in NB cells. ..
- Noveroske J, Lai L, Gaussin V, Northrop J, Nakamura H, Hirschi K, et al. Quaking is essential for blood vessel development. Genesis. 2002;32:218-30 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that quaking plays an essential role in vascular development and that the blood vessel defects are the cause of embryonic death. ..
- Abadier M, Haghayegh Jahromi N, Cardoso Alves L, Boscacci R, Vestweber D, Barnum S, et al. Cell surface levels of endothelial ICAM-1 influence the transcellular or paracellular T-cell diapedesis across the blood-brain barrier. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:1043-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study demonstrates that cell surface levels of endothelial ICAM-1 rather than the inflammatory stimulus or BBB integrity influence the pathway of T-cell diapedesis across the BBB. ..
- Yamashita Y, Kouro T, Miyake K, Takatsu K, Kido M, Tanaka T, et al. Participation of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (CD102) in B lymphopoiesis. Immunol Lett. 2008;120:79-86 pubmed publisher..The 60 kDa protein recognized by this antibody was widely expressed on lymphocytes. Amino terminal protein sequencing and transfection experiments identified it as the murine homologue of ICAM-2 (CD102).
- Zhou Y, Wang Y, TISCHFIELD M, Williams J, Smallwood P, Rattner A, et al. Canonical WNT signaling components in vascular development and barrier formation. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:3825-46 pubmed publisher..Together, these data strongly support a model in which identical or nearly identical canonical WNT signaling mechanisms mediate neural tube and retinal vascularization and maintain the BBB and BRB. ..
- Azizoglu D, Chong D, Villasenor A, Magenheim J, Barry D, Lee S, et al. Vascular development in the vertebrate pancreas. Dev Biol. 2016;420:67-78 pubmed publisher..This study constitutes a first-time in-depth cellular and molecular characterization of pancreatic blood vessels, as they coordinately grow along with the pancreatic epithelium. ..
- Fan Z, McArdle S, Marki A, Mikulski Z, Gutierrez E, Engelhardt B, et al. Neutrophil recruitment limited by high-affinity bent ?2 integrin binding ligand in cis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12658 pubmed publisher..This endogenous anti-inflammatory mechanism inhibits neutrophil aggregation, accumulation and inflammation. ..
- Sager H, Heidt T, Hulsmans M, Dutta P, Courties G, Sebas M, et al. Targeting Interleukin-1Î² Reduces Leukocyte Production After Acute Myocardial Infarction. Circulation. 2015;132:1880-90 pubmed publisher..The presented insight into post-MI bone marrow activation identifies a mechanistic target for muting inflammation in the ischemically damaged heart. ..
- Petrovich E, Feigelson S, Stoler Barak L, Hatzav M, Solomon A, Bar Shai A, et al. Lung ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 support spontaneous intravascular effector lymphocyte entrapment but are not required for neutrophil entrapment or emigration inside endotoxin-inflamed lungs. FASEB J. 2016;30:1767-78 pubmed publisher..Li, J.-P., Engelhardt, B., Vlodavsky, I., Alon, R. Lung ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 support spontaneous intravascular effector lymphocyte entrapment but are not required for neutrophil entrapment or emigration inside endotoxin-inflamed lungs. ..
- Zaretsky I, Atrakchi O, Mazor R, Stoler Barak L, Biram A, Feigelson S, et al. ICAMs support B cell interactions with T follicular helper cells and promote clonal selection. J Exp Med. 2017;214:3435-3448 pubmed publisher..Thus, B cell ICAMs promote efficient antibody immune response by enhancement of T cell help to cognate B cells. ..
- Pearson S, Lancrin C, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. The sequential expression of CD40 and Icam2 defines progressive steps in the formation of blood precursors from the mesoderm germ layer. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1089-98 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we identify CD40 and Icam2, two markers typically associated with the adult immunological compartment, as expressed at the earliest stages of ..
- Terawaki S, Maesaki R, Hakoshima T. Structural basis for NHERF recognition by ERM proteins. Structure. 2006;14:777-89 pubmed..Our studies provide structural paradigms for versatile ERM linkages between membrane proteins and the cytoskeleton. ..
- Savage N, Kimzey S, Bromley S, Johnson K, Dustin M, Green J. Polar redistribution of the sialoglycoprotein CD43: implications for T cell function. J Immunol. 2002;168:3740-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the steric barrier model of CD43 is inadequate and that alternative mechanisms account for the negative regulatory properties of CD43. ..
- Tevosian S, Deconinck A, Tanaka M, Schinke M, Litovsky S, Izumo S, et al. FOG-2, a cofactor for GATA transcription factors, is essential for heart morphogenesis and development of coronary vessels from epicardium. Cell. 2000;101:729-39 pubmed..Our findings provide the molecular inroad into the induction of coronary vasculature by myocardium in the developing heart. ..
- Xu H, Bickford J, Luther E, Carpenito C, Takei F, Springer T. Characterization of murine intercellular adhesion molecule-2. J Immunol. 1996;156:4909-14 pubmed..The findings in the mouse are congruent with those in the human, suggesting functional conservation of ICAM-2 across species. ..
- Halai K, Whiteford J, Ma B, Nourshargh S, Woodfin A. ICAM-2 facilitates luminal interactions between neutrophils and endothelial cells in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:620-9 pubmed publisherb>Intercellular adhesion molecule 2 (ICAM-2) is expressed on endothelial cells (ECs) and supports neutrophil extravasation...
- Wethmar K, Helmus Y, Luhn K, Jones C, Laskowska A, Varga G, et al. Migration of immature mouse DC across resting endothelium is mediated by ICAM-2 but independent of beta2-integrins and murine DC-SIGN homologues. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:2781-94 pubmed..Taken together, this study shows that ICAM-2 strongly supports transmigration of immature DC across resting endothelium by interacting with ligands that are distinct from beta2-integrins and DC-SIGN homologues. ..
- Crispino J, Lodish M, Thurberg B, Litovsky S, Collins T, Molkentin J, et al. Proper coronary vascular development and heart morphogenesis depend on interaction of GATA-4 with FOG cofactors. Genes Dev. 2001;15:839-44 pubmed..We also infer that GATA-4 function is dependent on interaction with FOG-2 and, very likely, an additional FOG protein for distinct aspects of heart formation. ..
- Kuramoto T, Mashimo T, Koike R, Miyawaki S, Yamada J, Miyasaka M, et al. The alymphoplasia (aly) mutation co-segregates with the intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (lcam-2) on mouse chromosome 11. Int Immunol. 1994;6:991-4 pubmed..These findings indicate that aly/aly mice do not suffer from defects of lcam-2. The four polymorphic microsatellite markers tightly linked with the aly gene will serve as admirable guideposts for a chromosomal walk to the aly gene. ..
- Ohh M, Smith C, Carpenito C, Takei F. Regulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 gene expression involves multiple mRNA stabilization mechanisms: effects of interferon-gamma and phorbol myristate acetate. Blood. 1994;84:2632-9 pubmed..The stability of this chimeric mRNA and the full-length ICAM-1 mRNA was markedly increased by PMA treatment, indicating that the AUUUA multimers in the 3'UTR are important in the PMA-induced upregulation of ICAM-1 mRNA. ..