Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hyal2
Description: hyaluronoglucosaminidase 2
Alias: AI256841, AU020858, AW555733, hyaluronidase-2, hyal-2
- Chowdhury B, Hemming R, Hombach Klonisch S, Flamion B, Triggs Raine B. Murine hyaluronidase 2 deficiency results in extracellular hyaluronan accumulation and severe cardiopulmonary dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:520-8 pubmed publisher..Initial studies of a Hyal2 knock-out (KO) mouse revealed a mild phenotype with high serum HA, supporting a role for HYAL2 in HA breakdown...
- Andre B, Duterme C, Van Moer K, Mertens Strijthagen J, Jadot M, Flamion B. Hyal2 is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored, lipid raft-associated hyaluronidase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:175-9 pubmed publisher..One of them, hyaluronidase-2 (Hyal2), degrades HA into smaller fragments endowed with specific biological activities such as inflammation and ..
- Jadin L, Wu X, Ding H, Frost G, Onclinx C, Triggs Raine B, et al. Skeletal and hematological anomalies in HYAL2-deficient mice: a second type of mucopolysaccharidosis IX?. FASEB J. 2008;22:4316-26 pubmed publisher..of hyaluronan (HA) relies on HA synthases and hyaluronidases, among which hyaluronidase-1 (HYAL1) and -2 (HYAL2) have been proposed as key actors...
- Orimoto A, Dumaresq Doiron K, Jiang J, Tanphaichitr N, Tsang B, Carmona E. Mammalian hyaluronidase induces ovarian granulosa cell apoptosis and is involved in follicular atresia. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5835-47 pubmed publisher..Our present findings provide a better understanding of the role of hyaluronidases in ovarian functions, showing for the first time their involvement in follicular atresia. ..
- de la Motte C, Nigro J, Vasanji A, Rho H, Kessler S, Bandyopadhyay S, et al. Platelet-derived hyaluronidase 2 cleaves hyaluronan into fragments that trigger monocyte-mediated production of proinflammatory cytokines. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:2254-64 pubmed publisher..as well as their megakaryocyte precursors, are unusual among somatic cells in that they contain only hyaluronidase 2 (HYAL2) but not HYAL1...
- Hsu L, Schultz L, Hong Q, Van Moer K, Heath J, Li M, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 signaling via interaction with cell surface Hyal-2 and recruitment of WWOX/WOX1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16049-59 pubmed publisher..Together, TGF-beta1 invokes a novel signaling by engaging cell surface Hyal-2 and recruiting WOX1 for regulating the activation of Smad-driven promoter, thereby controlling cell growth and death. ..
- Modelski M, Menlah G, Wang Y, Dash S, Wu K, Galileo D, et al. Hyaluronidase 2: a novel germ cell hyaluronidase with epididymal expression and functional roles in mammalian sperm. Biol Reprod. 2014;91:109 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the ~57 kDa hyaluronidase 2 (HYAL2) that in somatic tissues has been highly characterized to be acid-active is present in mouse and human ..
- Duh F, Dirks C, Lerman M, Miller A. Amino acid residues that are important for Hyal2 function as a receptor for jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus. Retrovirology. 2005;2:59 pubmed..and by enzootic nasal tumor virus (ENTV) depends on cell-surface expression of the virus entry receptor, hyaluronidase 2 (Hyal2)...
- Bourguignon V, Flamion B. Respective roles of hyaluronidases 1 and 2 in endogenous hyaluronan turnover. FASEB J. 2016;30:2108-14 pubmed publisherWe studied the physiologic roles of the hyaluronidase (HYAL) 1 and HYAL2 in hyaluronan (HA) turnover...
- Chang N. Transforming growth factor-beta1 blocks the enhancement of tumor necrosis factor cytotoxicity by hyaluronidase Hyal-2 in L929 fibroblasts. BMC Cell Biol. 2002;3:8 pubmed..Hyal-2-increased TNF cytotoxicity in L929 cells appears to be correlated with upregulation of WOX1, a prolonged NF-kappaB activation, and Hyal-2 translocation to the mitochondria during apoptosis. ..
- Shuttleworth T, Wilson M, Wicklow B, Wilkins J, Triggs Raine B. Characterization of the murine hyaluronidase gene region reveals complex organization and cotranscription of Hyal1 with downstream genes, Fus2 and Hyal3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23008-18 pubmed..and bioinformatic approaches to examine the organization of the mouse chromosome 9 region containing, in order, Hyal2, Hyal1, and Hyal3...
- Muggenthaler M, Chowdhury B, Hasan S, Cross H, Mark B, Harlalka G, et al. Mutations in HYAL2, Encoding Hyaluronidase 2, Cause a Syndrome of Orofacial Clefting and Cor Triatriatum Sinister in Humans and Mice. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006470 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe mutations in the HYAL2 gene as a cause of syndromic orofacial clefting. HYAL2, encoding hyaluronidase 2, degrades extracellular hyaluronan, a critical component of the developing heart and palatal shelf matrix...
- Lepperdinger G, Müllegger J, Kreil G. Hyal2--less active, but more versatile?. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:509-14 pubmedb>Hyal2 is one of several hyaluronidases present in vertebrates. The human gene encoding this enzyme is present on chromosome 3p.21.3, close to two additional hyaluronidase genes...
- Higuchi Y, Nishida Y, Kozawa E, Zhuo L, Arai E, Hamada S, et al. Conditional knockdown of hyaluronidase 2 in articular cartilage stimulates osteoarthritic progression in a mice model. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7028 pubmed publisher..The aims of this study were to investigate the effects of hyaluronidase 2 (Hyal2) knockdown in articular cartilage on the development of osteoarthritis (OA) using genetic manipulated ..