Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hyal 1
Description: hyaluronoglucosaminidase 1
Alias: Hya1, Hyal-1, hyaluronidase-1
Products: Hyal 1
- Boonen M, Puissant E, Gilis F, Flamion B, Jadot M. Mouse liver lysosomes contain enzymatically active processed forms of Hyal-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:1155-60 pubmed publisher..The knockdown of Hyal-1 results in an 80% decrease of total acid hyaluronidase activity in the mouse liver, confirming that Hyal-1 is a key actor of HA catabolism in this organ. ..
- Puissant E, Gilis F, Dogne S, Flamion B, Jadot M, Boonen M. Subcellular trafficking and activity of Hyal-1 and its processed forms in murine macrophages. Traffic. 2014;15:500-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that noncovalent associations support the lysosomal activity of Hyal-1. ..
- Mikami T, Koyama S, Yabuta Y, Kitagawa H. Chondroitin sulfate is a crucial determinant for skeletal muscle development/regeneration and improvement of muscular dystrophies. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38531-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the control of CS abundance is a promising new therapeutic approach for the treatment of skeletal muscle injury and progressive muscular dystrophies...
- Gushulak L, Hemming R, Martin D, Seyrantepe V, Pshezhetsky A, Triggs Raine B. Hyaluronidase 1 and ?-hexosaminidase have redundant functions in hyaluronan and chondroitin sulfate degradation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:16689-97 pubmed publisher..These studies provide in vivo evidence to support and extend existing knowledge of GAG breakdown. ..
- Meuwese M, Broekhuizen L, Kuikhoven M, Heeneman S, Lutgens E, Gijbels M, et al. Endothelial surface layer degradation by chronic hyaluronidase infusion induces proteinuria in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14262 pubmed publisher..These findings support further efforts to evaluate whether ESL restoration is a valuable target to prevent (micro) vascular disease progression. ..
- Shuttleworth T, Wilson M, Wicklow B, Wilkins J, Triggs Raine B. Characterization of the murine hyaluronidase gene region reveals complex organization and cotranscription of Hyal1 with downstream genes, Fus2 and Hyal3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23008-18 pubmed..have been identified, but the only clue to the function of their products has come from the identification of hyaluronidase 1 deficiency in a single patient with a mild clinical phenotype...
- De Maeyer Guignard J, Cachard Thomas A, De Maeyer E. Linkage analysis of the murine Hyal-1 locus on chromosome 9. J Exp Zool. 1991;258:246-8 pubmed..The gene order (from centromere) with intervening percentage recombination is d-16.6 (+/- 2.9)-Hyal-1-10.9 (+/- 2.4)-Bgl-s, indicating close linkage to H-7 and Fv-2. ..
- Jadin L, Wu X, Ding H, Frost G, Onclinx C, Triggs Raine B, et al. Skeletal and hematological anomalies in HYAL2-deficient mice: a second type of mucopolysaccharidosis IX?. FASEB J. 2008;22:4316-26 pubmed publisher..In addition, the viability of HYAL2-deficient mice raises the possibility that a similar defect, defining a new MPS disorder, exists in humans. ..
- Martin D, Atmuri V, Hemming R, Farley J, Mort J, Byers S, et al. A mouse model of human mucopolysaccharidosis IX exhibits osteoarthritis. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:1904-15 pubmed publisher..Mutations in one of these genes cause a deficiency of hyaluronidase 1 (HYAL1) resulting in a lysosomal storage disorder, mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) IX...
- Fiszer Szafarz B, De Maeyer E. Hyal-1, a locus determining serum hyaluronidase polymorphism, on chromosome 9 in mice. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1989;15:79-83 pubmed..Hyal-1 is linked to the histocompatibility locus H-7, on chromosome 9. ..
- Colombaro V, Jadot I, DeclÃ¨ves A, Voisin V, Giordano L, Habsch I, et al. Hyaluronidase 1 and hyaluronidase 2 are required for renal hyaluronan turnover. Acta Histochem. 2015;117:83-91 pubmed publisherb>Hyaluronidase 1 (HYAL1) and hyaluronidase 2 (HYAL2) are the major hyaluronidases acting synergistically to degrade hyaluronan (HA). In the kidney, HA is distributed heterogeneously...
- De Maeyer Guignard J, De Maeyer E. Linkage analysis of the Gi alpha 2 gene on mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:601-3 pubmed