Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Htr3a
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 3A
Alias: 5-HT3, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3A, 5-HT-3, 5-HT3-A, 5-HT3A, 5-HT3R, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3, 5HT3 serotonin receptor, serotonin receptor 3A, serotonin-gated ion channel receptor
- Hope A, Downie D, Sutherland L, Lambert J, Peters J, Burchell B. Cloning and functional expression of an apparent splice variant of the murine 5-HT3 receptor A subunit. Eur J Pharmacol. 1993;245:187-92 pubmed..Upon expression in Xenopus oocytes, the homo-oligomeric receptor displayed pharmacological properties which define it as a functional 5-HT3 receptor. ..
- Price K, Millen K, Lummis S. Transducing agonist binding to channel gating involves different interactions in 5-HT3 and GABAC receptors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25623-30 pubmed..Thus, we propose that the molecular details of interactions in the transduction pathway between the binding site and the pore can differ between different Cys-loop receptors. ..
- Kudryashev M, CastaÃ±o DÃez D, Deluz C, Hassaine G, Grasso L, Graf Meyer A, et al. The Structure of the Mouse Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor in Lipid Vesicles. Structure. 2016;24:165-170 pubmed publisher..In combination with methodological improvements, our approach enables the structural analysis of membrane proteins in response to voltage and ligand gating. ..
- Maksay G, Bikadi Z, Simonyi M. Binding interactions of antagonists with 5-hydroxytryptamine3A receptor models. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2003;23:255-70 pubmed..Ligand binding interferes with crucial intra- and interface interactions along the binding cleft. ..
- Basak S, Gicheru Y, Samanta A, Molugu S, Huang W, Fuente M, et al. Cryo-EM structure of 5-HT3A receptor in its resting conformation. Nat Commun. 2018;9:514 pubmed publisher..In comparison to the 5-HT3AR crystal structure, the full-length channel in the apo-conformation adopts a more expanded conformation of all the three domains with a characteristic twist that is implicated in gating. ..
- Oh C, Namkung J, Go Y, Shong K, Kim K, Kim H, et al. Regulation of systemic energy homeostasis by serotonin in adipose tissues. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6794 pubmed publisher..In addition, Htr3a KO mice exhibit increased energy expenditure and reduced weight gain when fed a high-fat diet...
- Hejazi S, Ahangari G, Pornour M, Deezagi A, Aminzadeh S, Ahmadkhaniha H, et al. Evaluation of gene expression changes of serotonin receptors, 5-HT3AR and 5-HT2AR as main stress factors in breast cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:4455-8 pubmed..In conclusion, after performing complimentary tests, determine of gene expression changes in serotonin receptors (5HT2AR and 5HT3AR) may be useful as a new approach in treatment of breast cancer based on use of antagonists. ..
- Ohno Y, Imaki J, Mae Y, Takahashi T, Tatara A. Serotonergic modulation of extrapyramidal motor disorders in mice and rats: role of striatal 5-HT3 and 5-HT6 receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2011;60:201-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that serotonergic stimulation augments extrapyramidal motor disorders by activating the striatal 5-HT(3) and 5-HT(6) receptors and the antagonism of these receptors effectively alleviates antipsychotic-induced EPS. ..
- Werner P, Kawashima E, Reid J, Hussy N, Lundstrom K, Buell G, et al. Organization of the mouse 5-HT3 receptor gene and functional expression of two splice variants. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;26:233-41 pubmed..Their properties are very similar to those of 5-HT3 receptors in mouse neuroblastoma cell lines. ..
- Chetty N, Coupar I, Chess Williams R, Kerr K. Demonstration of 5-HT(3) receptor function and expression in the mouse bladder. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2007;375:359-68 pubmed..Additionally, an inhibitory postjunctional population of the 5-HT(3) receptor was identified. The presence of the 5-HT(3) receptor was confirmed by the expression of both 5-HT(3A) and 5-HT(3B) receptor subunits of the 5-HT(3) receptor. ..
- Miles T, Bower K, Lester H, Dougherty D. A coupled array of noncovalent interactions impacts the function of the 5-HT3A serotonin receptor in an agonist-specific way. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2012;3:753-60 pubmed publisher..mCPBG displays no cation-? at TrpB and extreme sensitivity to the positioning of E129, on which it is reliant for initiation of channel gating. ..
- Matsumoto K, Nakajima T, Sakai H, Kato S, Sagara A, Arakawa K, et al. Increased expression of 5-HT3 and NK 1 receptors in 5-fluorouracil-induced mucositis in mouse jejunum. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:3440-51 pubmed publisher..It is assumed to result in the release of 5-HT and substance P in mucosa. ..
- Allan A, Galindo R, Chynoweth J, Engel S, Savage D. Conditioned place preference for cocaine is attenuated in mice over-expressing the 5-HT(3) receptor. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001;158:18-27 pubmed..These data suggest that 5HT(3) receptor over-expression in the forebrain decreases cocaine preference and increases acute sensitivity with a corresponding increase in the amount of dopamine released in response to cocaine. ..
- Sun H, Hu X, Moradel E, Weight F, Zhang L. Modulation of 5-HT3 receptor-mediated response and trafficking by activation of protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34150-7 pubmed..The observations suggest that PKC can modulate 5-HT3A receptor function and trafficking through an F-actin-dependent mechanism. ..
- Lummis S, Beene D, Lee L, Lester H, Broadhurst R, Dougherty D. Cis-trans isomerization at a proline opens the pore of a neurotransmitter-gated ion channel. Nature. 2005;438:248-52 pubmed..Our results thus confirm the structure of the M2-M3 loop and the critical role of Pro 8* in the 5-HT3 receptor. In addition, they suggest that a molecular rearrangement at Pro 8* is the structural mechanism that opens the receptor pore. ..
- Liu M, Rayport S, Jiang Y, Murphy D, Gershon M. Expression and function of 5-HT3 receptors in the enteric neurons of mice lacking the serotonin transporter. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;283:G1398-411 pubmed..Adaptive changes thus occur in the subunit composition of enteric 5-HT(3) receptors of SERT -/- mice that are reflected in 5-HT(3) receptor affinity and desensitization. ..
- Liang D, Li X, Clark J. 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 receptor modulates opioid-induced hyperalgesia and tolerance in mice. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:1180-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the use of 5-HT3 receptor antagonists may provide a new avenue to prevent or reverse OIH and tolerance associated with chronic opioid use. ..
- Kelley S, Bratt A, Hodge C. Targeted gene deletion of the 5-HT3A receptor subunit produces an anxiolytic phenotype in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;461:19-25 pubmed..This evidence indicates that the 5-HT(3A) molecular subunit influences anxiety-like behavior. Pharmacotherapy that targets specifically the 5-HT(3A) receptor subunit may provide a novel treatment for anxiety disorders. ..
- Yu Y, Cao D, Xu H, Sun M, Huang Z, Yung W, et al. 5-HT3A receptors are required in long-term depression and AMPA receptor internalization. Neuroscience. 2014;278:105-12 pubmed publisher..These observations revealed an important role of 5-HT3ARs in NMDAR-dependent long-term depression, which is critical for learning behaviors. ..
- Larson E, Vandenbeuch A, Voigt A, Meyerhof W, Kinnamon S, Finger T. The Role of 5-HT3 Receptors in Signaling from Taste Buds to Nerves. J Neurosci. 2015;35:15984-95 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that 5-HT released from type III cells activates gustatory nerve fibers via 5-HT3 receptors, accounting for a significant proportion of the neural taste response. ..
- Ritter K, Wang Z, Vezina C, Bjorling D, Southard Smith E. Serotonin Receptor 5-HT3A Affects Development of Bladder Innervation and Urinary Bladder Function. Front Neurosci. 2017;11:690 pubmed publisher..We found that 5-HT3A is expressed early in fetal mouse pelvic ganglia and is maintained through adulthood. Htr3a knockout male mice, but not females, exhibit increased urinary voiding frequency compared to wild type ..
- Hassaine G, Deluz C, Grasso L, Wyss R, Tol M, Hovius R, et al. X-ray structure of the mouse serotonin 5-HT3 receptor. Nature. 2014;512:276-81 pubmed publisher..This 5-HT3 receptor structure, revealing part of the intracellular domain, expands the structural basis for understanding the operating mechanism of mammalian Cys-loop receptors. ..
- Jansen M, Bali M, Akabas M. Modular design of Cys-loop ligand-gated ion channels: functional 5-HT3 and GABA rho1 receptors lacking the large cytoplasmic M3M4 loop. J Gen Physiol. 2008;131:137-46 pubmed publisher..These results imply that the M3M4 loop is not essential for receptor assembly and function and suggest that the cytoplasmic domain may fold as an independent module from the transmembrane and extracellular domains. ..
- Lopreato G, Banerjee P, Mihic S. Amino acids in transmembrane domain two influence anesthetic enhancement of serotonin-3A receptor function. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;118:45-51 pubmed..Some mutations had differential effects on the abilities of the isomers enflurane and isoflurane to potentiate 5-HT(3) receptor function. ..
- Uetz P, Abdelatty F, Villarroel A, Rappold G, Weiss B, Koenen M. Organisation of the murine 5-HT3 receptor gene and assignment to human chromosome 11. FEBS Lett. 1994;339:302-6 pubmed..The 5-HT3R gene, whose structure is closely related to neuronal and muscle AChR alpha genes, as demonstrated by four common splice junctions, was localised on human chromosome 11. ..
- Wu Q, Clark M, Palmiter R. Deciphering a neuronal circuit that mediates appetite. Nature. 2012;483:594-7 pubmed publisher..Thus we identify the PBN as a hub that integrates signals from several brain regions to bidirectionally modulate feeding and body weight. ..
- Hassaine G, Deluz C, Tol M, Li X, Graff A, Vogel H, et al. Large scale expression and purification of the mouse 5-HT3 receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:2544-52 pubmed publisher..This material is suitable for crystallography, as demonstrated by X-ray diffraction of receptor crystals at low resolution. ..
- Voronova I, Naumenko V, Khramova G, Kozyreva T, Popova N. Central 5-HT3 receptor-induced hypothermia is associated with reduced metabolic rate and increased heat loss. Neurosci Lett. 2011;504:209-14 pubmed publisher..Obtained results show that activation of central 5-HT(3) receptors are more effective in hypothermia induction due to marked decrease in thermogenesis and increase in heat loss. ..
- Kondo M, Nakamura Y, Ishida Y, Yamada T, Shimada S. The 5-HT3A receptor is essential for fear extinction. Learn Mem. 2013;21:1-4 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the 5-HT3A receptor could be a key molecule regulating fear memory processes and a potential therapeutic target for fear disorders. ..
- Huang Y, Morozov A. Hippocampal deletion of BDNF gene attenuates gamma oscillations in area CA1 by up-regulating 5-HT3 receptor. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16480 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that BDNF facilitates gamma oscillations in the hippocampus by attenuating signaling through 5-HT3 receptor. Thus, BDNF modulates hippocampal oscillations through serotonergic system. ..
- Hargreaves A, Lummis S, Taylor C. Ca2+ permeability of cloned and native 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;46:1120-8 pubmed
- Takimoto Y, Ishida Y, Nakamura Y, Kamakura T, Yamada T, Kondo M, et al. 5-HT(3) receptor expression in the mouse vestibular ganglion. Brain Res. 2014;1557:74-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that VG cells express functional 5-HT3 receptor channels and might play a modulatory role in the peripheral vestibular nervous system. ..
- Vogt D, Hunt R, Mandal S, Sandberg M, Silberberg S, Nagasawa T, et al. Lhx6 directly regulates Arx and CXCR7 to determine cortical interneuron fate and laminar position. Neuron. 2014;82:350-64 pubmed publisher..These data define the molecular identity of Lhx6 mutants and introduce technologies to test mechanisms in GABAergic interneuron differentiation. ..
- Yan D, Schulte M, Bloom K, White M. Structural features of the ligand-binding domain of the serotonin 5HT3 receptor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5537-41 pubmed
- Beene D, Brandt G, Zhong W, Zacharias N, Lester H, Dougherty D. Cation-pi interactions in ligand recognition by serotonergic (5-HT3A) and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: the anomalous binding properties of nicotine. Biochemistry. 2002;41:10262-9 pubmed..The binding mode of nicotine to the nicotinic receptor of mouse muscle is examined by the same technique and found to differ significantly from that of the natural agonist, acetylcholine. ..
- Murthy S, Niquille M, Hurni N, Limoni G, Frazer S, Chameau P, et al. Serotonin receptor 3A controls interneuron migration into the neocortex. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5524 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the ionotropic serotonin receptor 3A (5-HT(3A)R) is specifically expressed in CGE-derived migrating interneurons and upregulated while they ..
- Huang Y, Yoon K, Ko H, Jiao S, Ito W, Wu J, et al. 5-HT3a Receptors Modulate Hippocampal Gamma Oscillations by Regulating Synchrony of Parvalbumin-Positive Interneurons. Cereb Cortex. 2016;26:576-85 pubmed publisher..The functional link between 5-HT3aR and gamma oscillations may have implications for understanding the cognitive impairments in psychiatric disorders. ..
- Miyake A, Mochizuki S, Takemoto Y, Akuzawa S. Molecular cloning of human 5-hydroxytryptamine3 receptor: heterogeneity in distribution and function among species. Mol Pharmacol. 1995;48:407-16 pubmed..Our data revealed that the 5-HT3R molecule has interspecies differences in both tissue distribution and functional profile. ..
- Balasuriya G, Hill Yardin E, Gershon M, Bornstein J. A sexually dimorphic effect of cholera toxin: rapid changes in colonic motility mediated via a 5-HT3 receptor-dependent pathway in female C57Bl/6 mice. J Physiol. 2016;594:4325-38 pubmed publisher..This effect is sex- and oestrous cycle-dependent and is probably due to an oestrous cycle-dependent change in the number of 5-HT-containing EC cells in the colonic mucosa. ..
- García González D, Khodosevich K, Watanabe Y, Rollenhagen A, Lübke J, Monyer H. Serotonergic Projections Govern Postnatal Neuroblast Migration. Neuron. 2017;94:534-549.e9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that the underlying mechanism involves serotonin receptor 3A (5HT3A)-mediated calcium influx...
- Kim K, Oh C, Ohara Imaizumi M, Park S, Namkung J, Yadav V, et al. Functional role of serotonin in insulin secretion in a diet-induced insulin-resistant state. Endocrinology. 2015;156:444-52 pubmed publisher..Here, we characterized the metabolic phenotypes of Î²-cell-specific Htr2b(-/-) (Htr2b Î²KO), Htr3a(-/-) (Htr3a knock-out [KO]), and Î²-cell-specific tryptophan hydroxylase 1 (Tph1)(-/-) (Tph1 Î²KO) mice on a ..
- Emerit M, Martres M, Miquel M, El Mestikawy S, Hamon M. Differentiation alters the expression of the two splice variants of the serotonin 5-HT3 receptor-A mRNA in NG108-15 cells. J Neurochem. 1995;65:1917-25 pubmed
- Matsumoto K, Lo M, Hosoya T, Tashima K, Takayama H, Murayama T, et al. Experimental colitis alters expression of 5-HT receptors and transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 leading to visceral hypersensitivity in mice. Lab Invest. 2012;92:769-82 pubmed publisher..The alterations of 5-HT signaling via 5-HT(3) receptors and of TRPV1 channels in mucosa may contribute to the visceral hypersensitivity in colitis model mice. ..
- Glitsch M, Wischmeyer E, Karschin A. Functional characterization of two 5-HT3 receptor splice variants isolated from a mouse hippocampal cell line. Pflugers Arch. 1996;432:134-43 pubmed..A regulatory effect on both 5-HT3 receptor subunits by PKC-mediated protein phosphorylation might be possible, however, a functional role of the two splice variants present in one cell remains to be determined. ..
- Hapfelmeier G, Haseneder R, Lampadius K, Rammes G, Rupprecht R, Zieglgänsberger W. Cloned human and murine serotonin(3A) receptors expressed in human embryonic kidney 293 cells display different single-channel kinetics. Neurosci Lett. 2002;335:44-8 pubmed..1+/-2.9 ms vs. 4.1+/-0.8 ms) indicating species-dependent gating mechanisms of 5-HT(3) receptors. ..
- Sand P, Lesch K, Catalano M, Bosi M, Syagailo Y, Okladnova O, et al. Polymorphic MAO-A and 5-HT-transporter genes: analysis of interactions in panic disorder. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2000;1:147-50 pubmed..There was no significant difference in odds ratios, suggesting that the observed increase of genetic liability by the long MAO-A gene promoter allele is not modified by the 5-HTT gene promoter polymorphism. ..
- Grailhe R, de Carvalho L, Paas Y, Le Poupon C, Soudant M, Bregestovski P, et al. Distinct subcellular targeting of fluorescent nicotinic alpha 3 beta 4 and serotoninergic 5-HT3A receptors in hippocampal neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:855-62 pubmed..Taken together, the fluorescent and electrophysiological studies presented here demonstrate the predominant intracellular location of alpha3beta4-nACh receptors and the predominant expression of the 5-HT3AR in dendritic surface loci. ..
- Hodge C, Bratt A, Kelley S. Deletion of the 5-HT(3A)-receptor subunit blunts the induction of cocaine sensitization. Genes Brain Behav. 2008;7:96-102 pubmed
- Barker J, Zhang Y, Wang F, Taylor J, Zhang H. Ethanol-induced Htr3a promoter methylation changes in mouse blood and brain. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2013;37 Suppl 1:E101-7 pubmed publisher..We investigated ethanol (EtOH)-induced DNA methylation changes in mouse serotonin receptor 3a gene (Htr3a)...
- Weiss B, Mertz A, Schrock E, Koenen M, Rappold G. Assignment of a human homolog of the mouse Htr3 receptor gene to chromosome 11q23.1-q23.2. Genomics. 1995;29:304-5 pubmed
- Bhattarai Y, Schmidt B, Linden D, Larson E, Grover M, Beyder A, et al. Human-derived gut microbiota modulates colonic secretion in mice by regulating 5-HT3 receptor expression via acetate production. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017;313:G80-G87 pubmed publisher..View this article's corresponding video summary at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOMYJMuLTcw&feature=youtu.be. ..
- Pandhare A, Grozdanov P, Jansen M. Pentameric quaternary structure of the intracellular domain of serotonin type 3A receptors. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23921 pubmed publisher..The use of soluble ICD proteins that we report in the present study constitutes a useful approach to address this gap. ..
- Bhattacharya A, Dang H, Zhu Q, Schnegelsberg B, Rozengurt N, Cain G, et al. Uropathic observations in mice expressing a constitutively active point mutation in the 5-HT3A receptor subunit. J Neurosci. 2004;24:5537-48 pubmed
- Zhang R, Wen X, Militante J, Hester B, Rhubottom H, Sun H, et al. The role of loop F residues in determining differential d-tubocurarine potencies in mouse and human 5-hydroxytryptamine 3A receptors. Biochemistry. 2007;46:1194-204 pubmed..8 +/- 6.38 nM) as that of the human receptor containing all six loop F mouse substitutions. These results demonstrate that two loop F residues make a significant contribution in determining curare potency at the 5-HT3A receptor...
- Bohorquez A, Hurley L. Activation of serotonin 3 receptors changes in vivo auditory responses in the mouse inferior colliculus. Hear Res. 2009;251:29-38 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to the view of the 5-HT3 receptor as an important component of the serotonergic infrastructure in the IC, with effects that are complex and neuron-selective. ..
- Corradi J, Gumilar F, Bouzat C. Single-channel kinetic analysis for activation and desensitization of homomeric 5-HT(3)A receptors. Biophys J. 2009;97:1335-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, our kinetic model provides a foundation for understanding structural bases of activation and drug action. ..
- Dykes I, Lanier J, Eng S, Turner E. Brn3a regulates neuronal subtype specification in the trigeminal ganglion by promoting Runx expression during sensory differentiation. Neural Dev. 2010;5:3 pubmed publisher..Together these data show that Brn3a acts upstream of the Runx factors, which then repress TrkB expression to allow establishment of the non-overlapping Trk receptor profiles and correct terminally differentiated phenotypes. ..
- Chen R, Lin C, You Y, Liu F. Characterization of immature and mature 5-hydroxytryptamine 3A receptor-expressing cells within the adult SVZ-RMS-OB system. Neuroscience. 2012;227:180-90 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results suggest that GFP-expressing cells are derived from LGE, and this transgenic mouse line will be a useful tool for studying the development and function of interneurons in both neocortex and OB. ..
- Hu X, Sun H, Peoples R, Hong R, Zhang L. An interaction involving an arginine residue in the cytoplasmic domain of the 5-HT3A receptor contributes to receptor desensitization mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21781-8 pubmed..Because the polarity of the amino acid residue at 427 is highly conserved, such a desensitization mechanism may occur in other members of the Cys-loop family of ligand-gated ion channels. ..
- Park H, Oh C, Park J, Park H, Cui S, Kim H, et al. Deletion of the Serotonin Receptor Type 3A in Mice Leads to Sudden Cardiac Death During Pregnancy. Circ J. 2015;79:1807-15 pubmed publisher..An electrophysiological study Involving knock-out (KO) female mice lacking functional Htr3a (Htr3a(-/-)) and their wild-type littermates during non-pregancy (NP) and late pregnancy (LP) was performed...
- Bhatnagar S, Vining C. Pituitary-adrenal activity in acute and chronically stressed male and female mice lacking the 5-HT-3A receptor. Stress. 2004;7:251-6 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that there are sex differences in HPA responses to novel restraint in chronically stressed mice and these differences are partly related to 5-HT-3A receptor function. ..
- Bhatnagar S, Nowak N, Babich L, Bok L. Deletion of the 5-HT3 receptor differentially affects behavior of males and females in the Porsolt forced swim and defensive withdrawal tests. Behav Brain Res. 2004;153:527-35 pubmed..Whether these effects are due to the interaction of 5-HT3 receptor with gonadal hormones requires further examination. ..
- Kondo M, Nakamura Y, Ishida Y, Shimada S. The 5-HT3 receptor is essential for exercise-induced hippocampal neurogenesis and antidepressant effects. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:1428-37 pubmed publisher..In this study, analysis of the 5-HT type 3A receptor subunit-deficient (htr3a(-/-)) mice revealed that lack of the 5-HT type 3 (5-HT3) receptor resulted in loss of exercise-induced hippocampal ..
- Thompson A, Lummis S. Calcium modulation of 5-HT3 receptor binding and function. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:285-91 pubmed publisher..However, the major site for calcium-dependent modulation of the 5-HT3 current is located within the ion channel or cell interior. ..
- Alix K, Khatri S, Mosier P, Casterlow S, Yan D, Nyce H, et al. Superagonist, Full Agonist, Partial Agonist, and Antagonist Actions of Arylguanidines at 5-Hydroxytryptamine-3 (5-HT3) Subunit A Receptors. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2016;7:1565-1574 pubmed
- Dickson E, Heredia D, Smith T. Critical role of 5-HT1A, 5-HT3, and 5-HT7 receptor subtypes in the initiation, generation, and propagation of the murine colonic migrating motor complex. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;299:G144-57 pubmed publisher..Tonic inhibition of the CM appears to be driven by ongoing activity in descending serotonergic interneurons; by activating 5-HT(7) receptors on AH neurons these interneurons also contribute to the generation of the CMMC. ..
- Aoki N, Watanabe H, Okada K, Aoki K, Imanishi T, Yoshida D, et al. Involvement of 5-HT? and 5-HT? receptors in the regulation of circadian clock gene expression in mouse small intestine. J Pharmacol Sci. 2014;124:267-75 pubmed..The present results suggest that the 5-HT system in the small intestine may play a critical role in regulating circadian rhythms through 5-HT3/5-HT4-receptor activation. ..
- Morton R, Luo G, Davis M, Hales T, Lovinger D. Fluorophore assisted light inactivation (FALI) of recombinant 5-HTâ‚ƒA receptor constitutive internalization and function. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;47:79-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data suggest that intense illumination during live-cell microscopy may result in inadvertent FALI and inhibition of protein trafficking. ..