Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Htr2c
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2C
Alias: 5-HT2C, 5-HT2cR, 5-HTR2C, 5HT1c, Htr1c, SR1, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2C, 5-HT-1C, 5-HT-2C, 5-HT1C, 5-HT2C receptor, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1C, serotonin receptor 2C
- Morabito M, Abbas A, Hood J, Kesterson R, Jacobs M, Kump D, et al. Mice with altered serotonin 2C receptor RNA editing display characteristics of Prader-Willi syndrome. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;39:169-80 pubmed publisher..These results not only strengthen the link between the molecular etiology of PWS and altered 5HT(2C) expression, but also demonstrate the importance of normal patterns of 5HT(2C) RNA editing in vivo. ..
- Burns C, Chu H, Rueter S, Hutchinson L, Canton H, Sanders Bush E, et al. Regulation of serotonin-2C receptor G-protein coupling by RNA editing. Nature. 1997;387:303-8 pubmed
- Mombereau C, Kawahara Y, Gundersen B, Nishikura K, Blendy J. Functional relevance of serotonin 2C receptor mRNA editing in antidepressant- and anxiety-like behaviors. Neuropharmacology. 2010;59:468-73 pubmed publisher..These data constitute the first in vivo demonstration of a role for 5-HT(2C)R mRNA editing in anxiety- and depression-related behaviors. ..
- Rocha B, Goulding E, O Dell L, Mead A, Coufal N, Parsons L, et al. Enhanced locomotor, reinforcing, and neurochemical effects of cocaine in serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor mutant mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10039-45 pubmed..These findings strongly implicate 5-HT2C receptors in the serotonergic suppression of DA-mediated behavioral responses to cocaine and as a potential therapeutic target for cocaine abuse. ..
- Heisler L, Zhou L, Bajwa P, Hsu J, Tecott L. Serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptors regulate anxiety-like behavior. Genes Brain Behav. 2007;6:491-6 pubmed..These findings illustrate a mechanism through which 5-HT(2C)Rs affect anxiety-related behavior and provide insight into the neural circuitry mediating the complex psychological process of anxiety. ..
- Lam D, Przydzial M, Ridley S, Yeo G, Rochford J, O Rahilly S, et al. Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor agonist promotes hypophagia via downstream activation of melanocortin 4 receptors. Endocrinology. 2008;149:1323-8 pubmed..X warrants further investigation as a treatment for obesity but also elucidate specific neuronal pathways potently affecting energy balance through which 5-HT(2C)R agonists regulate ingestive behavior. ..
- Tecott L, Sun L, Akana S, Strack A, Lowenstein D, Dallman M, et al. Eating disorder and epilepsy in mice lacking 5-HT2c serotonin receptors. Nature. 1995;374:542-6 pubmed..Mutant animals are also prone to spontaneous death from seizures, suggesting that 5-HT2C receptors mediate tonic inhibition of neuronal network excitability. ..
- Wade J, Juneja P, MacKay A, Graham J, Havel P, Tecott L, et al. Synergistic impairment of glucose homeostasis in ob/ob mice lacking functional serotonin 2C receptors. Endocrinology. 2008;149:955-61 pubmed..These pharmacological and genetic findings provide evidence that the serotonin 2C receptor has direct effects on glucose homeostasis. ..
- Li Q, Wichems C, Ma L, Van de Kar L, Garcia F, Murphy D. Brain region-specific alterations of 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors in serotonin transporter knockout mice. J Neurochem. 2003;84:1256-65 pubmed..These changes may not be mediated by alterations in their gene expression or in the level of Gq/11 proteins. The alterations in these receptors may be related to the altered behaviors of 5-HTT knockout mice. ..
- Nonogaki K, Abdallah L, Goulding E, Bonasera S, Tecott L. Hyperactivity and reduced energy cost of physical activity in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice. Diabetes. 2003;52:315-20 pubmed..These results indicate that a mutation of the 5-HT(2C) receptor gene (htr2c) increases LA, which contributes to the maintenance of normal body composition in young adult mutants despite ..
- Frank M, Stryker M, Tecott L. Sleep and sleep homeostasis in mice lacking the 5-HT2c receptor. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002;27:869-73 pubmed..These findings suggest that 5HT2c receptors may mediate several effects on sleep that have been ascribed to serotonin. ..
- Du Y, Davisson M, Kafadar K, Gardiner K. A-to-I pre-mRNA editing of the serotonin 2C receptor: comparisons among inbred mouse strains. Gene. 2006;382:39-46 pubmed..These findings suggest that genetic background contributes to subtle variation in 5HT2CR mRNA editing patterns which may have consequences for pharmacological treatments and behavioral testing. ..
- Xu Y, Jones J, Kohno D, Williams K, Lee C, Choi M, et al. 5-HT2CRs expressed by pro-opiomelanocortin neurons regulate energy homeostasis. Neuron. 2008;60:582-9 pubmed publisher..The findings also highlight the physiological relevance of the 5-HT2CR-melanocortin circuitry in the long-term regulation of energy balance. ..
- Abdallah L, Bonasera S, Hopf F, O DELL L, Giorgetti M, Jongsma M, et al. Impact of serotonin 2C receptor null mutation on physiology and behavior associated with nigrostriatal dopamine pathway function. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8156-65 pubmed publisher..We conclude that 5-HT(2C)Rs regulate nigrostriatal dopaminergic activity and function both at SNc dopaminergic neurons and at a locus downstream of the DSt. ..
- Tecott L, Logue S, Wehner J, Kauer J. Perturbed dentate gyrus function in serotonin 5-HT2C receptor mutant mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:15026-31 pubmed
- Vickers S, Clifton P, Dourish C, Tecott L. Reduced satiating effect of d-fenfluramine in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1999;143:309-14 pubmed..These data demonstrate a role for the 5-HT2C receptor in mediating d-fenfluramine-induced satiety. ..
- Applegate C, Tecott L. Global increases in seizure susceptibility in mice lacking 5-HT2C receptors: a behavioral analysis. Exp Neurol. 1998;154:522-30 pubmed..Together, these data strongly implicate a role for serotonin and 5-HT2C receptors in the modulation of neuronal network excitability and seizure propagation globally, throughout the CNS. ..
- Nonogaki K, Strack A, Dallman M, Tecott L. Leptin-independent hyperphagia and type 2 diabetes in mice with a mutated serotonin 5-HT2C receptor gene. Nat Med. 1998;4:1152-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a dissociation of serotonin and leptin signaling in the regulation of feeding and indicate that a perturbation of brain serotonin systems can predispose to type 2 diabetes. ..
- Du Y, Stasko M, Costa A, Davisson M, Gardiner K. Editing of the serotonin 2C receptor pre-mRNA: Effects of the Morris Water Maze. Gene. 2007;391:186-97 pubmedThe pre-mRNA encoding the serotonin 2C receptor, HTR2C (official mouse gene symbol, Htr2c), is subject to adenosine deamination that produces inosine at five sites within the coding region...
- Bubar M, Cunningham K. Distribution of serotonin 5-HT2C receptors in the ventral tegmental area. Neuroscience. 2007;146:286-97 pubmed..The present results suggest that the inhibitory influence of the 5-HT2CR over DA neurotransmission in the VTA is a multifaceted and complex interplay of 5-HT2CR control of the output of both GABA and DA neurons within this region. ..
- Halberstadt A, van der Heijden I, Ruderman M, Risbrough V, Gingrich J, Geyer M, et al. 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptors exert opposing effects on locomotor activity in mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2009;34:1958-67 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data also suggest that 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptors exert opposing effects on locomotor activity. ..
- Schellekens H, De Francesco P, Kandil D, Theeuwes W, McCarthy T, van Oeffelen W, et al. Ghrelin's Orexigenic Effect Is Modulated via a Serotonin 2C Receptor Interaction. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2015;6:1186-97 pubmed publisher..This data highlights the potential development of a combined GHS-R1a and 5-HT2C receptor treatment strategy in weight management. ..
- Pang T, Du X, Zajac M, Howard M, Hannan A. Altered serotonin receptor expression is associated with depression-related behavior in the R6/1 transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:753-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate altered serotonergic signaling as the basis for the development of depression during the preclinical stages of HD. ..
- Mikulski Z, Zaslona Z, Cakarova L, Hartmann P, Wilhelm J, Tecott L, et al. Serotonin activates murine alveolar macrophages through 5-HT2C receptors. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;299:L272-80 pubmed publisher..These effects are exclusively driven by the 5-HT(2C) receptor, thereby providing the potential for selective intervention. ..
- Nilsson S, Somerville E, Clifton P. Dissociable effects of 5-HT2C receptor antagonism and genetic inactivation on perseverance and learned non-reward in an egocentric spatial reversal task. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77762 pubmed publisher..It is likely that this difference reflects the broader impact of 5HT2CR loss on the development and maintenance of cognitive function. ..
- Matsuuchi L, Gold M, Travis A, Grosschedl R, DeFranco A, Kelly R. The membrane IgM-associated proteins MB-1 and Ig-beta are sufficient to promote surface expression of a partially functional B-cell antigen receptor in a nonlymphoid cell line. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3404-8 pubmed..Thus, the transfected B-cell antigen receptor could initiate some signal transduction events but AtT20 cells may lack components required for other signaling events associated with mIgM. ..
- Burke L, Doslikova B, D Agostino G, Greenwald Yarnell M, Georgescu T, Chianese R, et al. Sex difference in physical activity, energy expenditure and obesity driven by a subpopulation of hypothalamic POMC neurons. Mol Metab. 2016;5:245-252 pubmed publisher..This may have broad implications for strategies utilized to combat obesity, which at present largely ignore the sex of the obese individual. ..
- Reilly M, MILNER L, Shirley R, Crabbe J, Buck K. 5-HT2C and GABAB receptors influence handling-induced convulsion severity in chromosome 4 congenic and DBA/2J background strain mice. Brain Res. 2008;1198:124-31 pubmed publisher..However, additional genes reside within the congenic interval and may also influence CNS hyperexcitability. ..
- Pennanen L, van der Hart M, Yu L, Tecott L. Impact of serotonin (5-HT)2C receptors on executive control processes. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2013;38:957-67 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings provide insights into the serotonergic regulation of executive control processes and suggest that impaired 5-HT2C receptor signaling during development may predispose to executive function disorders. ..
- Moya P, Fox M, Jensen C, LaPorte J, French H, Wendland J, et al. Altered 5-HT2C receptor agonist-induced responses and 5-HT2C receptor RNA editing in the amygdala of serotonin transporter knockout mice. BMC Pharmacol. 2011;11:3 pubmed publisher..These alterations in 5-HT2CR in amygdala may be relevant to humans with SERT polymorphisms that alter SERT expression, function, and emotional behaviors. ..
- Burbelo P, Kozak C, Finegold A, Hall A, Pirone D. Cloning, central nervous system expression and chromosomal mapping of the mouse PAK-1 and PAK-3 genes. Gene. 1999;232:209-15 pubmed..The high level of PAK-1 and PAK-3 kinase expression in the mouse brain and spinal cord suggests a potentially important role for these kinases in the control of the cellular architecture and/or signaling in the central nervous system. ..
- Nonogaki K, Kaji T, Ohba Y, Sumii M, Wakameda M, Tamari T. Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor-independent expression of hypothalamic NOR1, a novel modulator of food intake and energy balance, in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:311-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that 5-HT2C receptor-independent proopiomelanocortin-derived peptides regulate the expression of hypothalamic NOR1, which is a novel modulator of feeding behavior and energy balance. ..
- Lin L, York D. 5-HT1B receptors modulate the feeding inhibitory effects of enterostatin. Brain Res. 2005;1062:26-31 pubmed..The data imply that the enterostatin anorectic response may be modulated by 5-HT1B receptors and that a neuronal pathway from the amygdala to the PVN regulates the enterostatin response through activation of 5-HTlB receptors in PVN. ..
- Stamm S, Gruber S, Rabchevsky A, Emeson R. The activity of the serotonin receptor 2C is regulated by alternative splicing. Hum Genet. 2017;136:1079-1091 pubmed publisherThe central nervous system-specific serotonin receptor 2C (5HT2C) controls key physiological functions, such as food intake, anxiety, and motoneuron activity...
- Juárez P, Valdovinos M, May M, Lloyd B, Couppis M, Kennedy C. Serotonin?A/C receptors mediate the aggressive phenotype of TLX gene knockout mice. Behav Brain Res. 2013;256:354-61 pubmed publisher..Results of the current study suggest aggression displayed by TLX null and heterozygous mice involves 5-HT(2A/C) receptors. ..
- Nonogaki K, Memon R, Grunfeld C, Feingold K, Tecott L. Altered gene expressions involved in energy expenditure in 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:249-54 pubmed..These results indicate that a mutation of 5-HT(2C) receptor gene leads to a secondary decrease in beta 3-AR gene expression that is related to enhanced adiposity. ..
- Dougherty J, Aloyo V. Pharmacological and behavioral characterization of the 5-HT2A receptor in C57BL/6N mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;215:581-93 pubmed publisher..The current chronic agonist treatment study demonstrated an important similarity between the 5-HT(2A) receptor in mice, rats, and rabbits, while antagonist treatment revealed an interesting difference from previous studies in rabbits. ..
- Parker L, Backstrom J, Sanders Bush E, Shieh B. Agonist-induced phosphorylation of the serotonin 5-HT2C receptor regulates its interaction with multiple PDZ protein 1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21576-83 pubmed..We conclude that 5-HT2C R interaction with MUPP1 is dynamically regulated by phosphorylation at Ser458. ..
- Lauder J, Wilkie M, Wu C, Singh S. Expression of 5-HT(2A), 5-HT(2B) and 5-HT(2C) receptors in the mouse embryo. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2000;18:653-62 pubmed
- Huang M, Dai J, Meltzer H. 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptor stimulation are differentially involved in the cortical dopamine efflux-Studied in 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) genetic mutant mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;652:40-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that 5-HT(2C) receptor agonists may be useful as antipsychotics, consistent with previous suggestions. ..
- Huang W, Guenthner C, Xu J, Nguyen T, Schwarz L, Wilkinson A, et al. Molecular and Neural Functions of Rai1, the Causal Gene for Smith-Magenis Syndrome. Neuron. 2016;92:392-406 pubmed publisher..By integrating molecular and organismal analyses, our study suggests potential therapeutic avenues for a complex neurodevelopmental disorder. ..
- Brommage R, Desai U, Revelli J, Donoviel D, Fontenot G, Dacosta C, et al. High-throughput screening of mouse knockout lines identifies true lean and obese phenotypes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:2362-7 pubmed publisher..This simple and cost-effective screen appears capable of identifying genes with a role in regulating mammalian body fat. ..
- ForcÃ©n R, Latorre E, Pardo J, Alcalde A, Murillo M, Grasa L. Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 modulate the contractile response induced by serotonin in mouse ileum: analysis of the serotonin receptors involved. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2015;27:1258-66 pubmed publisher..TLR2 and TLR4 signaling may modulate the spontaneous contractions and the serotonin contractile response by acting on 5-HT2, 5-HT3, 5-HT4, and 5-HT7 receptors. ..
- Canal C, Olaghere da Silva U, Gresch P, Watt E, Sanders Bush E, Airey D. The serotonin 2C receptor potently modulates the head-twitch response in mice induced by a phenethylamine hallucinogen. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2010;209:163-74 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the HTR to DOI in mice is strongly modulated by 5-HT(2C) receptor activity. This novel finding invites reassessment of hallucinogenic mechanisms involving 5-HT(2) receptors. ..
- Foguet M, Nguyen H, Le H, Lubbert H. Structure of the mouse 5-HT1C, 5-HT2 and stomach fundus serotonin receptor genes. Neuroreport. 1992;3:345-8 pubmed..This intron distribution is unique and distinguishes these receptors from other members of the family of receptors coupled to G-proteins. ..
- Xu Y, Jones J, Lauzon D, Anderson J, Balthasar N, Heisler L, et al. A serotonin and melanocortin circuit mediates D-fenfluramine anorexia. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14630-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results identify a neurochemically defined neural circuit through which D-Fen influences appetite and thereby indicate that this 5-HT(2C)R/POMC-MC4R/SIM1 circuit may yield a more refined target to exploit for weight loss. ..
- Becamel C, Gavarini S, Chanrion B, Alonso G, Galeotti N, Dumuis A, et al. The serotonin 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors interact with specific sets of PDZ proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20257-66 pubmed..The interaction of the 5-HT(2A) and the 5-HT(2C) receptor with specific sets of PDZ proteins may contribute to their different signal transduction properties. ..
- Ge T, Zhang Z, Lv J, Song Y, Fan J, Liu W, et al. The role of 5-HT2c receptor on corticosterone-mediated food intake. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2017;31: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that 5-HT2c receptors and leptin may be involved in the effects of corticosterone-induced hyperphagia. ..
- Nonogaki K, Suzuki M, Sanuki M, Wakameda M, Tamari T. The contribution of serotonin 5-HT2C and melanocortin-4 receptors to the satiety signaling of glucagon-like peptide 1 and liraglutide, a glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor agonist, in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:445-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that GLP-1 and liraglutide induce anorexia via different central pathways. ..
- Nonogaki K, Ohba Y, Sumii M, Oka Y. Serotonin systems upregulate the expression of hypothalamic NUCB2 via 5-HT2C receptors and induce anorexia via a leptin-independent pathway in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:186-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that 5-HT systems upregulate the expression of hypothalamic NUCB2 via 5-HT2C receptors, and induce anorexia via a leptin-independent pathway in mice. ..
- Popova N, Amstislavskaya T. 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C serotonin receptors differentially modulate mouse sexual arousal and the hypothalamo-pituitary-testicular response to the presence of a female. Neuroendocrinology. 2002;76:28-34 pubmed..05). The present findings suggest that 5-HT2A/5-HT2C receptors may be involved in the neural control of male sexual motivation and arousal, presumably by exerting reciprocal facilitative (5-HT2A) or suppressive (5-HT2C) influences. ..
- Loric S, Launay J, Colas J, Maroteaux L. New mouse 5-HT2-like receptor. Expression in brain, heart and intestine. FEBS Lett. 1992;312:203-7 pubmed..We speculate that it could account at least in part for the 'atypical' functions attributed to the 5-HT1C/5-HT2 receptors. ..
- Lopez Gimenez J, Tecott L, Palacios J, Mengod G, Vilaró M. Serotonin 5- HT (2C) receptor knockout mice: autoradiographic analysis of multiple serotonin receptors. J Neurosci Res. 2002;67:69-85 pubmed
- Fiorica Howells E, Maroteaux L, Gershon M. Serotonin and the 5-HT(2B) receptor in the development of enteric neurons. J Neurosci. 2000;20:294-305 pubmed..It is possible that by stimulating 5-HT(2B) receptors, 5-HT affects the fate of the large subset of enteric neurons that arises after the development of endogenous sources of 5-HT. ..
- Martin C, Ramond F, Farrington D, Aguiar A, Chevarin C, Berthiau A, et al. RNA splicing and editing modulation of 5-HT(2C) receptor function: relevance to anxiety and aggression in VGV mice. Mol Psychiatry. 2013;18:656-65 pubmed publisherChanges in serotonin(2C) receptor (5-HTR2c) editing, splicing and density were found in conditions such as depression and suicide, but mechanisms explaining the changes in 5-HTR2c function are unknown...
- Zhang Q, Zhu Y, Zhou W, Gao L, Yuan L, Han X. Serotonin receptor 2C and insulin secretion. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54250 pubmed publisher..This unique observation increases our understanding of T2DM and suggests new avenues for potential treatment. ..
- Memon R, Tecott L, Nonogaki K, Beigneux A, Moser A, Grunfeld C, et al. Up-regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR-alpha) and PPAR-gamma messenger ribonucleic acid expression in the liver in murine obesity: troglitazone induces expression of PPAR-gamma-responsive adipose tissue-specific genes in t. Endocrinology. 2000;141:4021-31 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the effects of PPAR-gamma activators on lipid metabolism and energy homeostasis in obesity and type 2 diabetes may be partly mediated through their effects on PPAR-gamma in the liver. ..
- Trakhtenberg E, Pita Thomas W, Fernandez S, Patel K, Venugopalan P, Shechter J, et al. Serotonin receptor 2C regulates neurite growth and is necessary for normal retinal processing of visual information. Dev Neurobiol. 2017;77:419-437 pubmed publisher..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 77: 419-437, 2017. ..
- Husain B, Nanavaty I, Marathe S, Rajendran R, Vaidya V. Hippocampal transcriptional and neurogenic changes evoked by combination yohimbine and imipramine treatment. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2015;61:1-9 pubmed publisher..We noted reduced expression of the Î±2A-adrenoceptor (Adra2a), serotonin 5HT2C receptor (Htr2c) and the somatostatin receptor 1 (Sstr1), which modulate antidepressant action...
- Heisler L, Tecott L. A paradoxical locomotor response in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant mice. J Neurosci. 2000;20:RC71 pubmed..This genetically based paradoxical drug effect provides a model for considering the effects of genetic load on neurobehavioral responses to drugs. ..
- Yang Y, Mahaffey C, Bérubé N, Maddatu T, Cox G, Frankel W. Complex seizure disorder caused by Brunol4 deficiency in mice. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e124 pubmed
- Mancia F, Brenner Morton S, Siegel R, Assur Z, Sun Y, Schieren I, et al. Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies sensitive to conformation in the 5HT2c serotonin receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:4303-8 pubmed..Five of the nine mAbs have cytoplasmic epitopes, and two of these are sensitive to the ligand state of the receptor. These properties should be useful both for structural analysis and in probes of function. ..
- Xu P, He Y, Cao X, Valencia Torres L, Yan X, Saito K, et al. Activation of Serotonin 2C Receptors in Dopamine Neurons Inhibits Binge-like Eating in Mice. Biol Psychiatry. 2017;81:737-747 pubmed publisher..We identified the 5-HT2CR population in DA neurons as one potential target for antibinge therapies, and provided preclinical evidence that 5-HT2CR agonists could be used to treat binge eating. ..
- Milatovich A, Hsieh C, Bonaminio G, Tecott L, Julius D, Francke U. Serotonin receptor 1c gene assigned to X chromosome in human (band q24) and mouse (bands D-F4). Hum Mol Genet. 1992;1:681-4 pubmed..The 5HT1c receptor is a G-protein coupled receptor that stimulates phospholipase C-catalyzed hydrolysis of ..
- Marcinkiewcz C, Dorrier C, Lopez A, Kash T. Ethanol induced adaptations in 5-HT2c receptor signaling in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis: implications for anxiety during ethanol withdrawal. Neuropharmacology. 2015;89:157-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that CIE upregulates 5HT2c-R signaling in the vBNST, leading to increased excitability. This enhanced excitability of the vBNST may drive increased anxiety-like behavior during ethanol withdrawal. ..
- Toth M, Tecott L. Transgenic approaches to epilepsy. Adv Neurol. 1999;79:291-6 pubmed..We also analyze how these mutants can contribute to our understanding of the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying epileptic seizures. ..
- Brennan T, Seeley W, Kilgard M, Schreiner C, Tecott L. Sound-induced seizures in serotonin 5-HT2c receptor mutant mice. Nat Genet. 1997;16:387-90 pubmed..This AGS syndrome is the first produced by a known genetic defect; it provides a robust model for the examination of serotoninergic mechanisms in epilepsy. ..